PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings:

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Not looked forward to one of these in such a long time.

Fill yer boots, lads.

Thomson
02-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Not looked forward to one of these in such a long time.

Fill yer boots, lads.

:top marks. Although thats from listening on the radio:greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2011, 08:56 PM
:top marks. Although thats from listening on the radio:greengrin

Don't knock it, unseen work got us a 2nd minute winner at Tynie a few years ago.

Kevvy1875
02-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Stack: 7 (Having the ball kicked upfield instead of out the park helps...looked assured)
Booth: 7 (some good forward play but lost his man on one occasion...needs to improve defensive awareness or against better player he will be in trouble...still learning tho)
Hanlon: 7 (Won everything and was solid...decent game)
Dickoh: 6 (Solid in the air for the most part but 1 or 2 bombscare moments)
Towell: 7 (I like this lad...thought he snuffed a couple of good chances for the Buddies)
Palsson: 8 (Tackling was awesome...matty jack would be proud!....used the ball well)
Murray: 7 (Fully committed as per usual...how did he get up after that horror challenge in the 2nd half?..Murray is nails!)
Thornhill: 6 (He needs games....didnt let himself down though)
Wotherspoon: 8 (really came onto a game in the 2nd half and took a well deserved goal, very assured on the ball...possibly MOM for me)
Riordan: 7 (Created chances, scored a goal and spurned a chance or two when perhaps passing was a better option)
Sodje: 5 (Nothing really came off for him, I think he was maybe trying to hard and he also looks like he needs games)

Subs:
Miller: For the time he was on he looked good. I like the Liam Miller that bothers to turn up. Even seen him putting in tackles! Keep it up please Liam.

Nish: Decent header just past the post, couple of other sniffs at goal he could have done better with. Tracking back and ball winning was excellent. I hope the fans get off his back....he really dosnt deserve the abuse he takes on here.

Galbraith: No time.

Overall we were solid all over the park for the first time in a long time. St Mirren hardly managed to create chance's and that was due to Hibs and their tenacity tonight. Well done the boys!

Wotherspiniesta
02-02-2011, 09:16 PM
:top marks for everyone for effort and application.

Extra credit for Spoony, Palsson and Riordan.

I thought they all worked their backside off tonight. Let's kick on from here!

calumhibee1
02-02-2011, 09:18 PM
Stack - 7

Towell - 7
Dickoh - 6
Hanlon - 7
Booth - 8

Wotherspoon - 9
Thornhill - 6
Palsson - 9
Murray - 7
Riordan - 7

Sodje - 8

Everyone done well enough, Palsson and Wotherspoon were standouts. :agree:

Mikeystewart
02-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Stack: 7 (Having the ball kicked upfield instead of out the park helps...looked assured)
Booth: 7 (some good forward play but lost his man on one occasion...needs to improve defensive awareness or against better player he will be in trouble...still learning tho)
Towell: 7 (I like this lad...thought he snuffed a couple of good chances for the Buddies)
Palsson: 8 (Tackling was awesome...matty jack would be proud!....used the ball well)
Murray: 7 (Fully committed as per usual...how did he get up after that horror challenge in the 2nd half?..Murray is nails!)
Wotherspoon: 8 (really came onto a game in the 2nd half and took a well deserved goal, very assured on the ball...possibly MOM for me)
Riordan: 7 (Created chances, scored a goal and spurned a chance or two when perhaps passing was a better option)
Sodje: 5 (Nothing really came off for him, I think he was maybe trying to hard and he also looks like he needs games)

Subs:
Miller: For the time he was on he looked good. I like the Liam Miller that bothers to turn up. Even seen him putting in tackles! Keep it up please Liam.

Nish: Decent header just past the post, couple of other sniffs at goal he could have done better with. Tracking back and ball winning was excellent. I hope the fans get off his back....he really dosnt deserve the abuse he takes on here.

Overall we were solid all over the park for the first time in a long time. St Mirren hardly managed to create chance's and that was due to Hibs and their tenacity tonight. Well done the boys!
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

agree with all of your ratings but what the fudge? he was immense won 90% of balls put up to him i would have given deek 5 if he hadnt scored thought he was very average.

hibee_girl
02-02-2011, 09:23 PM
Stack 6 - Didn't have a lot to do but managed to at least kick the ball in a straight line :greengrin
Towell 7 - another good performance
Dickoh 6 - still a bit iffy
Hanlon 7 - Solid
Booth 7 - looks a player
Palsson 8 - What we've been missing!
Thornhill 6 - looked good
Murray 7 - drove us on
Wotherspoon 8 - a great game from him
Riordan 7 - good goal, should have maybe passed to others instead of taking chances on his own
Sodje 7 - again what we've been missing!

Miller 5 - did well when he came on
Nish 4 - again did well, got into good positions, was unlucky with his header.

Andy74
02-02-2011, 09:23 PM
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused:

agree with all of your ratings but what the fudge? he was immense won 90% of balls put up to him i would have given deek 5 if he hadnt scored thought he was very average.

Won most things but not a finisher by the looks of things!

Hiber-nation
02-02-2011, 09:30 PM

True. Made the goal though and was a big improvement on Nish - you saw him actually sprinting to jump for a ball while Nishy stands about.

Well done to all the lads tonight, I thought both full backs were great, as was Spoony. Thornhill looked nowhere near match fit, hopefully he will produce the goods when up and running.

But Palsson is just the player we've needed, big, strong, fast and loves a tackle. When did we last have a player like that? And will only get better :thumbsup:

hibee316
02-02-2011, 09:30 PM
Sodje: 5 (Nothing really came off for him, I think he was maybe trying to hard and he also looks like he needs games)Subs:

?? This got me too!

Fair enough his couple of cracks at goal were not brilliant, but did you miss everything else he did??
St Mirren struggled to deal with him!

Future17
02-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Stack: 7 - Didn't have too much to do but looked comfortable. Shaky moment when he came out to head clear instead of leaving for Hanlon. Needs to command his 6 yard box more if he's to be first choice.

Booth: 9 - Still learning defensive positioning at this level but quick and confident going forward - a pleasure to watch at times.

Hanlon: 9 - Gets better every game. If we were 3rd or 4th in the league and Levein wasn't manager, he'd be in the Scotland squad.

Dickoh: 7 - I'm not a fan but he rarely put a foot wrong tonight.

Towell: 8 - See Booth. Still learning, but as a converted midfielder he's adapting nicely. Very pacey which is refreshing in the full-back positions.

Palsson: 8 - Agree with Kevvy. Can pick a pass and play it better than anyone at the club. Excellent tackling although he could have easily seen red. Did well not to react to blatant and deliberate taunting from St Mirren players and to take himself out of the ref's line of fire when his next challenge might have seen him walk.

Murray: 7 - 100% commitment. Just doesn't have the turn of pace that would make him a stick on in the team every week. Might struggle for a place when Scott is fit.

Thornhill: 6 - Agree with Kevvy again. Needs games but was refreshing to see a midfielder driving forward and not being afraid to have a shot.

Wotherspoon: 7.5 - Some great skills, took his goal well and his work rate cannot be faulted. Needs to learn that he doesn't always have to try and win the ball as he gave away needless fouls when St Mirren defenders were under pressure.

Riordan: 8 - Better work-rate than I've seen from him for a while and displayed a willingness to actually pass to players in better positions rather than trying to do it all himself. Always a goal threat if we can get him playing off someone who will win headers like Sodje or Trakys - at least til the end of the season.

Sodje: 7 - Worked hard and won some headers - good assist for Riordan's goal. Seems to use his size better than Nish but time will tell.

hibee92
02-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Stack 7 Not much to do but did well. number one :agree:
Towell 7 Played well again. Looks solid and seems to have a bit of intelligence on the park.
Dickoh 6 bit shaky.
Hanlon 7 looked confident
Booth 8 Drove forward when possible and cause a rarely seen threat from a full back at ER
Palsson 9 MOM by a distance for me and for most i'd think. Great performance. :thumbsup:
Thornhill 6 unfit i reckon but looked promising, seems to be two steps ahead of play
Murray 7 bit of passion never goes a miss and he showed it tonight
Wotherspoon 8 tough to deal with all night with a peach of a finish :thumbsup:
Riordan 7 the magic word for the recent performances of deek. INTERESTED. and he definately looked that tonight! good finish :agree:
Sodje 7 link up play, determination, hassling defenders, holding the ball up, bringing other players into the game. p1sh finishing but good debut :agree:

Miller 6 played well
Nish 6 played well. whoever booed him when he came on should take a good look at themselves.
Galbraith 1 not a lot of time.

Arch Stanton
02-02-2011, 09:40 PM

:agree:

He was immense.

Kevvy1875
02-02-2011, 09:42 PM

Just calling it as I saw it..perhaps being a bit critical and by the general opinion seems I may have got this wrong.

I sat in the FF and with him being subbed 2nd half I didn't see as much at close quarters as perhaps the easties or westies seen.

Couldn't fault his effort:top marks and I think everybody share's this relief to have a striker putting a shift in. Like I said...he needs matches as his sharpness in front of goal clearly was rushed.

Disclaimer: Just read he assisted Deeks goal? I was in mid flow at the urinals at this point!doh. My daughter remarked that I should nip away for a pee more often!

sahib
02-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Stack 7 Not much to do but did well. number one :agree:
Towell 7 Played well again. Looks solid and seems to have a bit of intelligence on the park.
Dickoh 6 bit shaky.
Hanlon 7 looked confident
Booth 8 Drove forward when possible and cause a rarely seen threat from a full back at ER
Palsson 9 MOM by a distance for me and for most i'd think. Great performance. :thumbsup:
Thornhill 6 unfit i reckon but looked promising, seems to be two steps ahead of play
Murray 7 bit of passion never goes a miss and he showed it tonight
Wotherspoon 8 tough to deal with all night with a peach of a finish :thumbsup:
Riordan 7 the magic word for the recent performances of deek. INTERESTED. and he definately looked that tonight! good finish :agree:
Sodje 7 link up play, determination, hassling defenders, holding the ball up, bringing other players into the game. p1sh finishing but good debut :agree:

Miller 6 played well
Nish 6 played well. whoever booed him when he came on should take a good look at themselves.
Galbraith 1 not a lot of time.

Why give poor Galbraith only 1? He had a very good five minutes or so - 7 at least. :greengrin

ancient hibee
02-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Whole midfield booked--excellent-no more soft touches

Sodje when fully fit will terrorise most defences up here

Stack seemed to make the defence more composed

Why not bring Towell over to take Booth's throw ins when we have the chance to launch one into the box.

The Harp Awakes
02-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Stack: 7 - Did everything expected of him. Assured display.
Booth: 7 - Solid defending throughout. Good engine.
Hanlon: 9 - MOM for me. Up against an awkward opponent in Higdon. Superb goal saving tackle in 2nd half. This lad is a class act and has a big future.
Dickoh: 7 - Pretty decent game. Won his headers and cleared his lines.
Towell: 8 - Very assured for a young lad. Great first touch. Good distribution.
Palsson: 8 - Looks a class act. Can't believe he's 19. Solid performance.
Murray: 8 - Best game for a while. Drove the team on. Powerful performance.
Thornhill: 6 - Struggled in 1st half. Improved in the 2nd but looked unfit.
Wotherspoon: 7 - Decent game overall and well taken goal but gave away some daft fouls at times.
Riordan: 7 - Well taken goal. Looked sharper than of late.
Sodje: 8 - Good debut. Looks a handful for defences. No slouch but shooting erratic.

Subs

Miller - Did well when he came on. He has the class to get us out of this mess but will he show it next game?

Nish - More determined. Worked hard. Hopefully lifted his confidence.

Galbraith - Not much time to show but good energy helped us see out the game

Hibs fans - 10 - Got behind the team from start to finish and you could see how it lifted the players.

Ref - 2 - where do they get these muppets from:confused:

The_Horde
02-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Agree with most of the ratings but would have given thornhill a 7 too. Simple but intelligent player, not scared of a tackle and likes a shot.

GreenCastle
02-02-2011, 10:00 PM

Why not bring Towell over to take Booth's throw ins when we have the chance to launch one into the box.

:agree:

I liked what I saw from Sodje and did everything Nish should have been doing this season.

His attempt at a volley was very funny but good debut.

Nish did well when he came up - maybe a little kick up the arse :agree:

Dickoh had a good 2nd half - winning more headers - 1st half looked bit wobbly.

Palsson - sat in well and covered a lot of ground - will keep getting better - loved how he stayed out last and clapped the crowd :thumbsup:

MOM - Booth / Hanlon or Wootherspoon - 3 of the U19 team :wink:

Arch Stanton
02-02-2011, 10:09 PM

Fair enough no more soft touches but Wotherspoon was going mental at how easy they were going down with the ref buying it every time. Something for Hibs to rehearse on the training ground I guess but it shouldn't be like that.

sparkiehibs
02-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Player Ratings

Stack - 6 - Not alot to do

Towell - 7 - Comfortable

Dickoh - 6 - Still needs to be more commanding

Hanlon - 7 - Good Performance

Booth - 7 - Growing in confidence every week

Spoony - 6 - In and Out of the game. Nicely taken goal

Thornhill - 7 - Shows passion and Fight which is infectous

Murray - 7 - His threatening of No. 17 was Classic

Pallson - 9 - Going to be some Player

Riordan - 7 - Grew into the Game

Sodje - 7 - Few nice headers and good chasing

Subs

Miller - 5 - Still needs to do more. Pace and tempo dropped when he replaced Thornhill

Nish - 6 - Tried hard and was solid aerially

Galbraith - 6 - kept the pace up but needs to be more inventive

erin go bragh
02-02-2011, 10:27 PM

im with you neebur,he held the ball up well,picked out hibs players every time ,only minus was his wayward shots[the 1st one ,i thought he could have ran in with the ball then shot] but good debut :agree:
ggtth

Pretty Boy
02-02-2011, 10:29 PM
Stack -7- Good to see a keeper comfortable with the ball at his feet, came for a couple of crosses, talked all through the game, did the basics right bar THAT header.

Towell -7- Looks a player
Booth -8- Likes to get forward, maybe not the best defensively but looks like he could be a bit of a player.
Hanlon -7- Better
Dickoh -7- See Hanlon

Murray -7- Much better, benefited from having Palsson in there with him
Palsson -9- MOM, absolute class act
Thornhill -7- Clearly not fit but see enough to suggest he'll do a job
Wotherspoon -7- Frustrating at times but far better

Riordan -7- Looked interested tonight, much better
Sodje -7- Shooting not the best, won his fair share, looks like he'll prove a few wrong

Subs
Nish -6- Looked better tonight
Miller -7- Far more like it from him when he came on
Galbraith -3- No time.

Benny Brazil
02-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Jeez - am away for a lie down - too much positivity here for me:greengrin

Albion Hibs
02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Stack: 7 - Did not have much to do, but commanded the back line very well, just what our defence needs.

Booth: 7 - Defended well and got forward when he could, developing into a good player very quickly, could improve getting the ball into the box, but cant fault him for tonight.

Hanlon: 8 -Played very well, excellent challange during the second half to cover up for Booth.

Dickoh: 7 - Played well, won almost everything in the air, night and day to Sunday, seemed to be far more focused on clearing the lines as did the rest of his defence.

Towell: 8 - Got forward well in the first half, quite in the second half, focusd on defending which is no bad thing.

Palsson: 8 - Passing was a bit off early doors, but came into the game then owned it. Looks like a really solid player.

Murray: 8 - MOM for me. Best performance in some time. Got ball to Sodje for the Riordan goal, and then to Wotherspoon for his goal. Won everything in the midfield and defence and tried to drive forward at any opportunity. Think todays position suited him very well.

Thornhill:7 - Played well, pace of the game caught up with him in the second half following his injury, but a very good performance.

Wotherspoon: 7 - Decent game for first 60-70mins then had a 20 min period when he burst into life and took the ball passed anyone near him. Delighted he got his goal, I really hope this is the start of him showing last seasons form +!

Riordan: 7 - Quite at times but took his goal very well, instant result from playing with new strike partner, just what he needs to get his goal tally up for the season.

Sodje: 6 - Excellent debut, thought he looked strong, willing to chase, work into the corners and decent in the air - dont think he will ever score a goal from his boots but if that was a taste of what is to come then I would be very pleased with him as a signing.

Subs; Nish and Miller both did well when they came on. Nish seemed to be spured on by having a bit of competition, won more in the air that usual and was unlucky to score. Miller worked hard and helped out those in the midfield working on a yellow card.

All in all was a great night at the office. There was a lot of passion and commitment throughout of the team and the performance, with the exception of the rangers game was the best I have seen this season. I know St Mirren will not be the best team we play against, but it is our first outing following the transfer window and the team looked to have a good shape, stronger at the back in the middle and up front and created more chances in one game than we have in the last 5.

Walter
02-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Player Ratings

Stack - 6 - Not alot to do

Towell - 7 - Comfortable

Dickoh - 6 - Still needs to be more commanding

Hanlon - 7 - Good Performance

Booth - 7 - Growing in confidence every week

Spoony - 6 - In and Out of the game. Nicely taken goal

Thornhill - 7 - Shows passion and Fight which is infectous

Murray - 7 - His threatening of No. 17 was Classic

Pallson - 9 - Going to be some Player

Riordan - 7 - Grew into the Game

Sodje - 7 - Few nice headers and good chasing

Subs

Miller - 5 - Still needs to do more. Pace and tempo dropped when he replaced Thornhill

Nish - 6 - Tried hard and was solid aerially

Galbraith - 6 - kept the pace up but needs to be more inventive

Please elaborate - I love a good threatening

sleeping giant
02-02-2011, 11:09 PM

You better back right effing off or i swear i'll type in capital letters next time :na na:

I Love Lamp
02-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Stack - 7: Decent, good kicking. No problem with Brown generally but it makes it difficult if you cede territory with every goal kick.

Booth - 6.5: Looked a bit iffy in defence at times and a couple of poor passes going forward but generally pretty good. Showed good intent and a lot of heart to go for the by-line and to go on the overlap.

Hanlon - 7: Decent.

Dickoh - 6: Bit suspect at times, couple of poor touches and headers but no major mistakes.

Towell - 7: Showed a lot of heart and some really good touches. Showed real composure to play the ball out of defence.

Murray - 6.5: Plenty of guts as always. Some good touches and was a reassuring presence for the younger players. Looks slow though.

Palsson - 8: Really, really good. Hard in the tackle and showed great awareness and judgement with some of his play. Fantastic!

Thornhill - 6: Worked hard and showed made a few good touches. Tackled well at times but looks off the pace.

Wotherspoon - 7.5: Had some 10/10 moments and some decidedly 5/10 moments, so, because of his goal, will give him the average of the two.

Riordan - 7: Truly classy finish and some really good play at some points. Little anonymous at other times though.

Sodje - 7: Not a classy finisher by any means but showed great fortitude and endeavour. Took a lot of niggling from St Mirren players but rose above it (literally) and kept fighting. Won loads in the air and held the ball up well.

Subs

Miller - 5: Showed some decent touches and more fight than usual

Nish - 5: Sodje's performance seemed to have given him a boot up the backside, no bad thing.

Galbraith - 3: No time to make any real impact. One good touch.

The Harp Awakes
02-02-2011, 11:20 PM

The Saints right back put in a bad challenge on Murray in the 2nd half - somehow missed by the ref of course. After looking out for the count, Murray got to his feet and sprinted back down the park giving the numptie a good old fashioned, head masterish, finger pointing, ear bashing as he passed him. Magic. The numptie was speechless:na na:

KWJ
02-02-2011, 11:31 PM
Stack - 8 - Didn't spill anything, could have done better with the header but got away with it. Good kicking.

Towell - 8 - Impressive, done everything you could ask.
Dickoh - 7 - Decent game but has much to make up for after Sundays farce.
Hanlon - 8 - Solid again, old head on young shoulders.
Booth - 9 - Were willing the ball out left, brilliant delivery too.

Wotherspoon - 8 - Thought he was tiring and getting petty with fouls and complaints but sublime showboat to get into the box and well taken goal.
Thonrhill - 7 - Gave it away a little but didn't shirk and seemed a good team player.
Palsson - 8 - Solid. He was everywhere and his head didn't go down after a bad pass. Little lucky to stay on the park.
Murray - 8 - Like Palsson a little lucky to stay on the park but was very solid, played a part in our first goal and as said his threatening of their boy and the way he got up was quality. Looked very fit and lively throughout as well.

Riordan - 7 - Looked more up for it and scored his goal. Hopefully he'll learn to read Sodje's flick ons more and more.
Sodje - 8 - Loved him. Don't think I've seen a Hibs striker ever win that many headers in one game. He held the ball up and while his shooting was wayward tonight I'm sure it'll get better.

Great night, great game. Let's see if we can do it against a better team.

Sir David Gray
02-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Stack-5 (Only because he barely had anything to do all night)

Booth-7 (Very impressive, great going forward)
Hanlon-6 (Not much to do but solid enough)
Dickoh-6 (See Hanlon)
Towell-7 (See Booth)

Murray-6 (Looked up for it tonight with some great challenges)
Palsson-8 (Man of the match tonight, fantastic performance)
Wotherspoon-7 (Excellent second half, excellent goal)
Thornhill-6 (Looked a little off the pace which is understandable, given that he's just back from injury)

Riordan-7 (Where would Hibs be without Derek Riordan? Relegated, probably)
Sodje-6 (Good debut, held the ball up well and linked well with the midfield and Riordan. Looked decent in the air. On tonight's showing, doesn't look as if he'll pose much of a goal threat but he will create chances for others)

J-C
03-02-2011, 12:05 AM

I couldn't make the game but my lad said he was very good, won nearly every ball in the air and was a thorn in the St Mirren defense. This guy was signed not to stick the ball in the goals every game but to do exatly what he did tonight, create space for others with his physicality, we've been crying out for a CF like this for years, we have a goalscorer in Deek and hopefully Duffy, they'll get us the goals.

Russdoorsfan71
03-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Ok so I expect my match rating to be given pelters... so here goes...

Stack: **** all to do so gets a generalised rating of: 7

Towell: 7: did very well, wanted to take it forward and be positive through out. Lost his man once or twice.

Dickoh: 8 (and this is where I get controversial) thought he was solid as a rock tonight. Told his team mates what to do, won every ball in the air and cleared his lines well!

Hanlon: 7 Poor first half. Never won a header. However, first 10 mins of the second half (most crucial) was on top form. played well and cleared the lines.

Booth: 7: Played well defencivly, bit too predictable in attack (ie wanting to cross on his left) Good shift though... ome level of fitness for a young lad!

Palsonn: 9:My MOM. Stuck the boot in well, passing abit astray in the first but very good game. Really impressed by his maturity to not get drawn in to the scrap which developed early in the second.

Murray: 8: Every the battler. Pretty much set up the first goal with his eagerness to win the ball. Top marks again for giving the Saints RB some jip after that shocking challenge,

Thornhill: 6: still has some time to find his touch after injury. good game but I'm sure he can do better.

Wotherspoon: Crap for about 70 mins. Really came to light in the later stages. Trys to be a bit too cute/ neat at times but will be a hell of a player... future Scotland cap surely!

Riordan: 6-7: Was good without setting the heather alight. Came onto a game second half.

S....yeah: 7-8: held the ball up well, squander afew chances but I put that down to trying to impress an impatient home crowd. Good strength and vision for a pass. Hopefully comes good.

Subs:

Nish: 3: hate to bring a negative on the evening but simply not good enough. Had 2 really good chances and ****ed them up. The thru ball was embarassing. He did try which I guess is all that one can ask.

Galbraith: not enough time

Miller: 6-7: good sub by the manager, shocked by the energy he put in. good shift for 30 mins. hopefullyit wasnt a flash in the pan.

Perspective
03-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Stack 6 - Rash headed clearance to feet of Thomson that should have been punished. Otherwise untested but very vocal in organising those in front of him.

Booth 7 - Easy to read at times because he's so left-footed and one lapse that was bailed out by Hanlon, but very promising. Surging runs, good crosses and not afraid to take responsibility on the ball.

Hanlon 8 - Maturing all the time. Now has the aggression and street smarts to complement the football brain.

Dickoh 6 - Like Stack, good organiser and constantly encouraging a young defence. But his boot-the-ball-whatever-way-he's-facing approach really annoys me. Just cool it!

Towell 6 - Eager, always makes space to receive the ball and the long throw is a weapon.

Palsson 8 - Lacking match fitness, which you could see in some of the passes that fell just out, but looks a real find. Constantly looked for the ball off the defence, good range of passing, strong in the tackle and (unusually for a Hibs midfielder) a real physical presence.

Murray 6 - The legs are going and he was perhaps lucky to stay on the park, but used the ball better tonight.

Thornhill 6 - Obviously short on match fitness. Passes went astray but took up good positions. Can see him chipping in with the off goal.

Wotherspoon 7 - Seemed to tire quickly into second half but put in some shift. Signs he's getting his confidence back, which is a relief. Special talent.

Riordan 7 - Usual from Riordan. Took his goal well, always looked threatening when the ball was played to his feet. Clearly benefited from Sodje's presence but still not sure about him in long-term.

Sodje 6 - Like Trakys in Ibrox win. Took the hits, which more than made up for a suspect first-touch and some laughably wayward shooting. Think he'll sharpen up with games.

Subs - Thought Calderwood was shrewd bringing on Miller when he did to keep the ball and see out the game. Not so impressed with Nish. was visibly trying but made a hash of his one real chance. Really want it to happen for him. Galbraith no time.

KiddA
03-02-2011, 01:34 AM

Subs:

I agree with most of that but I thought Soje was at least a 7 or even a 8 his knock downs were class and he was a real handful for the Saints strong on the ball and a great link up player for Deeks ala the goal.

ozhibs
03-02-2011, 02:19 AM

Subs:

Makes pleasant reading to us far flung hibees.