PDA

View Full Version : Delighted for C.C.

stoneyburn hibs
02-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Finally we get a result, and i am most delighted for colin after this win, long way to go yet i know , but tonights result must give the squad a huge lift and maybe kickstart a wee run for us.

FranckSuzy
02-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Finally we get a result, and i am most delighted for colin after this win, long way to go yet i know , but tonights result must give the squad a huge lift and maybe kickstart a wee run for us.

:agree: and well done the fans. The singing came through loud and clear (when the link wasn't down :rolleyes:).

madabouthibs
02-02-2011, 08:53 PM
An excellent night, the fans, the team, Calderwood...... just brilliant!

Looking forward to work tomorrow..... :greengrin

Speedway
02-02-2011, 08:59 PM
:agree:

Being at Hibs has knackered his win ratio % that he had as a manager up to now.

I've never heard him moan once about the situation, he just got on with it and I wish him many many more wins in charge of Hibs.

Pedantic_Hibee
02-02-2011, 09:01 PM

I've never heard him moan once about the situation, he just got on with it and I wish him many many more wins in charge of Hibs.

:agree: I've been nothing but impressed about the quiet and assured way he's went about his job so far. Vindication for the man tonight. There's a long way to go but he WILL get it right.

IWasThere2016
02-02-2011, 09:09 PM
He's helped his case immensely with his signings :agree: Sunday was an improvement on before, and tonight an improvement on Sunday :thumbsup:

Well done CC :thumbsup:

chrisski33
02-02-2011, 09:12 PM
well done cc lets follow it up with a run of winning games

Greenblood70
02-02-2011, 09:13 PM

:agree:He's showed some composure given the media feeding frenzy regarding our results. For his sake I'd love to see us go on a run from now until the end of the season.

McHibby
02-02-2011, 09:17 PM
I like him. I really like his manner and thought he came over as a confident, intelligent guy at the media conference when he was talking about our situation. Lets hope this win is the first of many :flag:

col02
02-02-2011, 09:19 PM

There might be some doubters to begin with but eventually there won't be!:agree: The man has an eye for a player we have to give him that! Very chuffed for the big man tonight as it is only a win but gets the monkey off his back of recent weeks.

Craig_in_Prague
02-02-2011, 09:21 PM
CC on BBC RS, full of praise for the fans :aok:

RMQ1967
02-02-2011, 09:23 PM
:agree: I've been nothing but impressed about the quiet and assured way he's went about his job so far. Vindication for the man tonight. There's a long way to go but he WILL get it right.

Same here - some people seem to mistake methodical rotation of players for not knowing what he's doing.

You could see over the last few weeks the performances have been pretty decent - just unlucky with the defensive errors.

The icing on the cake is he looks like he can spot proper footballers. The new guys look really promising & are big enough they wont be pushed around in midfield.

FranckSuzy
02-02-2011, 09:24 PM
CC on BBC RS, full of praise for the fans :aok:

:agree: For all those who slagged him as having no personality :na na: Couldn't have spoken more highly of the fans or players. Very assured and eloquent man.

Craig_in_Prague
02-02-2011, 09:25 PM
:agree: For all those who slagged him as having no personality :na na: Couldn't have spoken more highly of the fans or players. Very assured and eloquent man.

He knows what he's doing and he's just stayed calm and steady during all his interviews. As he said "in the short term there will be doubters, in the long-term there won't" ...............simples :greengrin

FranckSuzy
02-02-2011, 09:27 PM
He knows what he's doing and he's just stayed calm and steady during all his interviews. As he said "in the short term there will be doubters, in the long-term there won't" ...............simples :greengrin

Exactly. In CC we trust :thumbsup: Better than having a right slaver in charge :cool2:

Peevemor
02-02-2011, 09:27 PM
In 26+ years of working life, I've found that bosses who shout and ball the most are without fail the least effective.

CC has class and self belief and I really hope this is the start of something good for him at ER.

Arch Stanton
02-02-2011, 09:31 PM
He did say he was good at management but I think the way he has transformed the team is better than good - I am quite gobsmacked to be honest.

I would have preferred a goal before half time just to settle things but there was a confidence all round ER we would get the result - I haven't been so animated at a game for a long time.

machibby
02-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Been very impressed with CC and the way his comes across. It's been a difficult time, but the manner in which he has acted throughout has been exemplary. His praise for the fans tonight when interviewed just solidified the guy reputation in my eyes and he looks like he's done great for us in the transfer market.

Beefster
03-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Just as the criticism of Calderwood has been ridiculous, I'm going to be relatively tight with my praise now. There's a tendency to go to either extreme when we win or lose, even more so when we're as poor as we have been in the last 12 months.

Calderwood's signings seem to have made a difference and we got the win last night but it's a long road to making this squad successful again. We'll lose again soon and he'll get slaughtered again. In the meantime, until I see sustained improvement in form, I'll be pleased when we pick up points but I'm holding back my praise for them all. A run-of-the-mill win at home against the likes of St Mirren should be the least that we deserve.

Rather than alternate criticism and praise, the best thing we can give Calderwood is time.

Maybe I'm just a miserable barsteward though...!

Green_one
03-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Excellent interview too.

Just shows its a lot easier to sound clever when you are winning.

Everyone is now feeling better, which is almost better than the points on the board.

Need to build on this now. Those who have been slagging off the support should recall the response tonight. EVERYONE was superb.

We should be looking to chase down Aberdeen now.

ronaldo7
03-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Well done Colin.

Your dogged determination to succeed will come through.

Good Luck for the rest of the season.:flag:

Keith_M
03-02-2011, 01:38 PM
Rather than alternate criticism and praise, the best thing we can give Calderwood is time.

Maybe I'm just a miserable barsteward though...!

Well, maybe you are... :wink:
...but it's still true. This isn't meant as a criticism but it's only one win so far. I'm as hapy to finally win as anyone but lets not get carried away (e.g Talk of European qualifying).

hibs0666
03-02-2011, 02:00 PM
:agree: and well done the fans. The singing came through loud and clear (when the link wasn't down :rolleyes:).

It has been great to see the majority of supporters have stuck by Calderwood in what he is trying to achieve.

Stevie Reid
03-02-2011, 02:29 PM
I have been a fierce critic but will not be shy to praise him when it's due - last night was a very good performance given the predicament that we are in, we never looked in real trouble and controlled the majority of the game, with a couple of good spells of prolonged attacking in each half.

All of the new signings showed up very well, all bringing strength, aggression and no little skill to their roles. Stack back in goals was the right move (albeit 4 games too late), and Murray in midfield for Scott worked well on the night. Towell looks a great short term fix at RB and Booth looks like a stone cold superstar in the making, and CC deserves credit for putting to such young, inexperienced guys into the team in our current situation.

I seriously doubted whether we could pull out a result when it mattered, but I am delighted to have my doubts prove to be unfounded - still LOADS of work to be done, but I'm hopeful that we are on the way up from rock bottom, and CC does indeed deserve credit.

sesoim
04-02-2011, 12:55 AM
Don't get carried away boys. I'm delighted as a Hibs fan that we got this result, and I'm happy for CC. I've never felt he is the right guy, but he comes across as a nice bloke and it wasn't nice to see him suffering. But let's not pretend that this awful run has been part of CC's big plan.

Dropping Riordan, dropping Brown, taking ages to sign players and not signing a CB have left us in a precarious position. Many questions have quite rightly been raised about his ability to get the most out of players - it's arguable if any manager could have actually done any worse in the time he has been at the club.

Let's just keep on getting behind the team at games, where our support is vital. But there is nothing wrong with casting a critical eye afterwards.

Dalianwanda
04-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Don't get carried away boys. I'm delighted as a Hibs fan that we got this result, and I'm happy for CC. I've never felt he is the right guy, but he comes across as a nice bloke and it wasn't nice to see him suffering. But let's not pretend that this awful run has been part of CC's big plan.

Dropping Riordan, dropping Brown, taking ages to sign players and not signing a CB have left us in a precarious position. Many questions have quite rightly been raised about his ability to get the most out of players - it's arguable if any manager could have actually done any worse in the time he has been at the club.

Let's just keep on getting behind the team at games, where our support is vital. But there is nothing wrong with casting a critical eye afterwards. Totally agree with the bold part, however;

What had deek done not to be dropped..Id only been back for three games over christmas but he just didnt look interested..Brown, well yeah I was surprised at that...Although his kicking was terrible he did look a keeper...And with he CB well he said he tried to sign webster, maybe he will have someone better up his sleeve come the next window..The defence certainly seemed to play better during the week so maybe he knows what hes doing and midfield being sorted would change things..

Im maybe acting out of blind faith but hope & believe he knows a lot more about football than me & will keep moving us in the right direction as you say..I just hope we stick with him & hes part of a long term solution...Too many folk have said that in the past then changed their minds when things got tough..

jacomo
04-02-2011, 09:09 AM
It has been great to see the majority of supporters have stuck by Calderwood in what he is trying to achieve.

Does this mean that Hibs fans know about football after all?

Or even that Rod does?

:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
04-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Petrie!!!!! :grr:

coco22
04-02-2011, 06:14 PM
think CC deserves massive credit for the mini-turnaround, as well as players new and (some) old. just a shame that we cant get back out on the turf tomorrow and charge on - think that would have done all playing and management staff the world of good to get a bit of momentum into our season. does give the new guys longer to gel in training and CC to apply more of his ideas before killie though.

hibs0666
04-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Does this mean that Hibs fans know about football after all?

Or even that Rod does?

:wink:

The majority do. :wink: