PDA

View Full Version : Webster

Last Minute
02-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Do you think we will get Webster? I think it would be well worth paying him £10.000 per week till the end of the season. well worth £140,000 to help keep us up with the 14 games left.

Thoughts please

YehButNoBut
02-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Take it you missed this 10 page thread on the subject. :wink:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?203494-Andy-Webster

chrisski33
02-02-2011, 02:40 PM
nope

Last Minute
02-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Take it you missed this 10 page thread on the subject. :wink:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?203494-Andy-Webster

Sorry not been following it.

iwasthere1972
02-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Do you think we will get Webster? I think it would be well worth paying him £10.000 per week till the end of the season. well worth £140,000 to help keep us up with the 14 games left.

Thoughts please

Injury prone so we would probably end up paying him £140K to feature in half a dozen games so more like £23K+ a week.

There's no evidence yet that we will need him (things may be a bit clearer after tonight's game) and it could prove to be money thrown down the drain.

My answer. No thanks.

bawheid
02-02-2011, 02:48 PM
He'd be a very good signing and exactly what we need.

However, if the Yams sign him he's an injury prone overpaid huddy who wouldn't have made our squad any better anyway.

Diclonius
02-02-2011, 02:51 PM
He'd be a very good signing and exactly what we need.

However, if the Yams sign him he's an injury prone overpaid huddy who wouldn't have made our squad any better anyway.

:top marks

I can also see him scoring for us in the derby if he signs.

M11BMO
02-02-2011, 02:54 PM

Thoughts please

Not gonna happen. That would be crazy to risk that sort of wage on a player who's spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch.

Meant to say, I would LOVE it if we got him, he could be the difference on us staying up and going down.

I was just being realistic that we won't spend that sort of money.

ancienthibby
02-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Not gonna happen. That would be crazy to risk that sort of wage on a player who's spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch.

Au contraire!!

I would have thought that £10 per week would be marginally underpaying him!!:devil::faf::faf::faf:

M11BMO
02-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Au contraire!!

I would have thought that £10 per week would be marginally underpaying him!!:devil::faf::faf::faf:

I'm sure Rod could stretch £20 a week! :greengrin

Mikeystewart
02-02-2011, 03:11 PM
we could try a decent wage say 5k a week with a large bonus for appearances
:pray:

hibee92
02-02-2011, 03:15 PM
we could try a decent wage say 5k a week with a large bonus for appearances
:pray:

that would be the best option :agree:

Craig_HFC
02-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Hopefully we've offered him a lucrative bonus if we stay up as well, could he be a deciding point.

Delboy4
02-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Could we not offer £5k per week
£50k signing on fee
£25k or £50k extra if we stay up
Bonuses for wins, clean sheets etc...
Offer him the captaincy

Thats a good deal in my opinion...Is it too much though?

Approx £150/200k to help keep us in the SPL, christ we got that for Bamba!

GGTTH

RickyS
02-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Hopefully we've offered him a lucrative bonus if we stay up as well, could he be a deciding point.

been offered deals by us and the pink's according to the bbc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9385433.stm

The_Todd
02-02-2011, 04:18 PM
If us, Hearts and United are all battling for him I don't see us getting him.

Hearts are challening at the top, will almost certainly make Europe and offer him crazy money

He's had a successful spell at United where he was settled, and will probably make Top 6 eventually and push on for Europe next season

We might not even be in the SPL next season and will probably offer less than either other team.

I'd love him to sign for us, but I'm not seeing it happening.

YehButNoBut
02-02-2011, 04:19 PM
been offered deals by us and the pink's according to the bbc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9385433.stm

Says that he is likely to decide this weekend.

Out-of-contract Scotland centre-half Andy Webster has been offered deals by both Hearts and Hibernian.
Dundee United are also interested in signing the player, who became a free agent on leaving Rangers on Monday.
Webster spent last season on loan at Tannadice but the lack of finances at the club is likely to rule them out.
One other Scottish Premier League club is known to be interested in signing the 28-year-old and there is interest from Championship clubs in England.
BBC Scotland has learned that Webster plans to hold talks with all parties before making a decision on his future at the weekend.

RickyS
02-02-2011, 04:31 PM
If us, Hearts and United are all battling for him I don't see us getting him.

Hearts are challening at the top, will almost certainly make Europe and offer him crazy money

He's had a successful spell at United where he was settled, and will probably make Top 6 eventually and push on for Europe next season

We might not even be in the SPL next season and will probably offer less than either other team.

I'd love him to sign for us, but I'm not seeing it happening.

exactly how I see it, our only hope is Utd are too skint and that he aint forgiven Vlad for his dig at his family

scoopyboy
02-02-2011, 04:43 PM
exactly how I see it, our only hope is Utd are too skint and that he aint forgiven Vlad for his dig at his family

I think the longer it goes on the less chance of him coming to us.

smurf
02-02-2011, 05:33 PM
I think the longer it goes on the less chance of him coming to us.

I see it differently... IF it was just down to money it would be an easy quick decision.