PDA

View Full Version : Apologies Edwin degraff

Cameron1875
02-02-2011, 04:40 AM
Just wanting to say that although i have been extremely critical of him as he has been poor for hibs, he was not a wage thief and gutless etc like several others have been labelled. He is a just a classic example of a player who's legs have just completely gone so therefore couldnt adapt in the SPL. He would have been a belter of a signing a few years ago but just age seems to have caught up with him, a little like ian murray imo.

All the best Edwin.

This video seems to suggest that he started his career as a flying winger... who'd have thought it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFRcrjspwi0&feature=related

just_joe
02-02-2011, 04:42 AM
Be honest your just saying all this because we have finally got shot of him?

Cameron1875
02-02-2011, 04:46 AM
Be honest your just saying all this because we have finally got shot of him?

It has helped me look back and judge him properly and he is nothing like players like liam miller/jonathan grounds etc. They just don't/didn't look like they even want to be here. It was so frustrating at times with degraff but his body catching up with him is understandable. The players i mentioned can't really use that as a reason.

IWasThere2016
02-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Nah - he's pash, and hopefully the loan is a permanent ta-ta. Hart next please.

spikeymike
02-02-2011, 08:36 AM
Did you see the size of the ref that booked him around 1.20 into the video

pogo
02-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Just wanting to say that although i have been extremely critical of him as he has been poor for hibs, he was not a wage thief and gutless etc like several others have been labelled. He is a just a classic example of a player who's legs have just completely gone so therefore couldnt adapt in the SPL. He would have been a belter of a signing a few years ago but just age seems to have caught up with him, a little like ian murray imo.

All the best Edwin.

This video seems to suggest that he started his career as a flying winger... who'd have thought it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFRcrjspwi0&feature=related

Does anyone know if the guy in this video has a team, as I think he could really do a job for us????
Oh, wait a minute.............:greengrin

Wonder if someone showed this to Yogi and this is why we signed him???

legends of 73
02-02-2011, 08:53 AM
the first 2 1/2 mins of the video showed me that he couldnt score in a barrel of fannies just like he was at hibs:bye::bye::bye:

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2011, 08:55 AM
He should be apologising to us, for those inept performances from the minute he landed at Edinburgh airport. Don't hurry back Edwin.

weonlywon6-2
02-02-2011, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=Cameron1875;2723430]Just wanting to say that although i have been extremely critical of him as he has been poor for hibs, he was not a wage thief and gutless etc like several others have been labelled. He is a just a classic example of a player who's legs have just completely gone so therefore couldnt adapt in the SPL. He would have been a belter of a signing a few years ago but just age seems to have caught up with him, a little like ian murray imo.

All the best Edwin.

is he not about 30 year old?

davy weir has many years on him and hes still coping :rolleyes:

truehibernian
02-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Interesting that the majority of his good goals and ability shown are in the clips where he was with Roosendaal, up to 10 years ago. I am sure we and Killie fans could make a tribute video up of big Nishy and make him look like Alan Shearer :greengrin

Poor footballer, a typical Hughes signing, picked up after an injury and really employed on the back of his previous form instead of current form.

Would have taken Penn and Teller, Derren Brown, Paul Daniels and a sprinkling of Hughes' magic dust to make a footballer out of De Graaf. Awful player. :agree:

oldbutdim
02-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Hapless.

Hopeless.

Not Hibsloss.

CallumLaidlaw
02-02-2011, 09:46 AM
had high hopes for him, and saw occasional glimpses of a good player.

Kept on thinking, "he's gonna come good". It just never happened. Shame.

Makes a mockery of the "signing proven, ecxperienced players" argument, this one!

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2011, 09:56 AM
had high hopes for him, and saw occasional glimpses of a good player.

Kept on thinking, "he's gonna come good". It just never happened. Shame.

Makes a mockery of the "signing proven, ecxperienced players" argument, this one!

I disagree, all it said to me was it proves you should not buy players well past their sell by date, who's legs are shot.:wink:

Big Frank
02-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Great news!

I found it strange that he played in the dutch league so he some player complete nonsense. Every league in the land has shan players.

The facts are he was guff for Hibernian and should never have pulled on the famous jersey.

Removed
02-02-2011, 10:28 AM
He should be apologising to us, for those inept performances from the minute he landed at Edinburgh airport. Don't hurry back Edwin.

:agree:

My Amsterdam colleagues pished themselves laughing when I told them he'd signed for us.</p>

Sergey
02-02-2011, 10:35 AM
DiGraaf had some shocking matches, but to single him out is a little unfair.

Actually, no it's not.

BigKev
02-02-2011, 10:37 AM
He'd had a couple of bad injuries prior to signing for us and was always going to be a bit of a gamble.

Was quite excited about him when he signed but to be honest from the Dunfermline game pre-season we knew he wasn't that clever.

The Voice Of Reason
02-02-2011, 11:11 AM
I disagree, all it said to me was it proves you should not buy players well past their sell by date, who's legs are shot.:wink:

Or that you should not buy players on the strength of video footage alone. Seeing them in the flesh is normally a good idea !!!!! :wink:

De Graaf, Hart and Smith - there is no forgiving Hughes and Rice for signing these three duds. :taxi

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Or that you should not buy players on the strength of video footage alone. Seeing them in the flesh is normally a good idea !!!!! :wink:

De Graaf, Hart and Smith - there is no forgiving Hughes and Rice for signing these three duds. :taxi

:agree:

sahib
02-02-2011, 01:29 PM

Like that useless big twit Sauzee.
While I'm on here, what happened to the grand old Hibs tradition of converting crap or slow forwards to useful defenders .
Turnbull, Cousins, Rae, Jamieson, er etc, etc. Nish might be a revelation at CH.

Baader
02-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Not his fault he wasn't good enough - he didn't sign himself...

blackpoolhibs
02-02-2011, 01:48 PM
While I'm on here, what happened to the grand old Hibs tradition of converting crap or slow forwards to useful defenders .
Turnbull, Cousins, Rae, Jamieson, er etc, etc. Nish might be a revelation at CH.

Sauzee was past it? :confused:

iwasthere1972
02-02-2011, 03:39 PM

:agree: Shame Yogi wasn't at the airport when customs x-rayed Edwin on his arrival. He would have known then that he was gutless and spineless and stuck him on the next flight to Amsterdam thus saving us a barrowload of cash.

TRC
02-02-2011, 03:46 PM

I actually thought bout this he couldn't do any worse could he? he also would never score own goals!

rj hibs
02-02-2011, 05:01 PM
Sauzee was past it? :confused:

To play on the wing you have to have some pace and be quick on the ball, hence why de Graff found it tougher as he seemed a bit too slow. As a sweeper, sauzee would rely much more on his reading of the game than his physical attributes, so with his vast experience he would be able to still perform at a high level.

erin go bragh
02-02-2011, 05:25 PM
mmm, a certain mr sauzee signed for us aged 33 , de graff only 30 ffs[legs gone my arse] he wiz murder end of
ggtth

snooky
02-02-2011, 07:43 PM

:agree: Three great examples of a snorker in a poke.