PDA

View Full Version : Saints game our biggest since the cup final?

Bob Box Fish
01-02-2011, 08:50 PM
We can't get relegated tomorrow, however, psychologically a loss tomorrow would be devastating to an already low morale.

If we could win this then (heard this so many times this season) then it could get us going in the right direction. I'm going for 1-0 Riordan free kick.

mr mojo risin
01-02-2011, 08:59 PM
We can't get relegated tomorrow, however, psychologically a loss tomorrow would be devastating to an already low morale.

If we could win this then (heard this so many times this season) then it could get us going in the right direction. I'm going for 1-0 Riordan free kick.
For the first time in weeks i am really looking forward to the game, and what a huge game. It won't be pretty but i fancy us to win. Just.

Barney McGrew
01-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Given that Hamilton are currently two down, and Aberdeen are losing, a win tomorrow would move us up a place and only four points behind the Sheep.

sixtwo
01-02-2011, 09:04 PM
onwards and upwards. 3-0 hibs.
:greengrin

bingo70
01-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Given that Hamilton are currently two down, and Aberdeen are losing, a win tomorrow would move us up a place and only four points behind the Sheep.

christ, you've changed ter tune from last night :wink:

Seriously though, i'm hoping if Hamilton do go on to lose tonight it could just lift a bit of the mood, we've had absolutely nothing going for us over the last few months, if everyones a bit more positive at kick off tomorrow and we start the game on the front foot hopefully we can go on win the game and start moving up the table.

CmoantheHibs
01-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Its a big game for us for sure.You do get the feeling that if we can win this one then things will pick up big time.Ive a feeling things might go well for us.Hope my feelings are right:greengrin3-0

Spike Mandela
01-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Victory tomorrow would be massive for the confidence bank.

monktonharp
01-02-2011, 09:48 PM
it is a must win, if we cant win at home against fellow strugglers,where can we win? Accies getting beat should also boost our management's confidence going into the match,just hope they transfer it to the playing staff,especially all that have been with us all season. the new players are bound to give a little extra.i'm sure the fans will try a fair bit too. so,yup it's a win from me,a 1 nil would be fine

Bad Martini
01-02-2011, 11:12 PM
We need to win tomorrow. It's a simple as that.

Defeat is not an option. NO, I repeat NO ****ing excuses will be valid or tolerated.

We have been told outwith the old firm we spend more money on transfers and players than everyone else in the SPL? Well, that should see us with enough quality to beat a team like St Mirren who's resources are clearly very much less than ours.

Let's hope we get a win and we do start moving on.

essexhibee
02-02-2011, 07:11 AM
I was thinking exactly the same earlier...huge match which we have to win!

francobaresi
02-02-2011, 02:10 PM
christ, you've changed ter tune from last night :wink:

Seriously though, i'm hoping if Hamilton do go on to lose tonight it could just lift a bit of the mood, we've had absolutely nothing going for us over the last few months, if everyones a bit more positive at kick off tomorrow and we start the game on the front foot hopefully we can go on win the game and start moving up the table.

Totally agree, nothing has gone for us recently & I believe this will be enough to give them the pick me up they need. Couple of new faces helps as well mind!

Don't forget that this is as big a game for St Mirren as it is for us, they will be hard to play against tonight.... However, I am quietly optimistic that we can get a result tonight (has to happen sometime) & going for a high scoring game but us to take 3 points... & yes I have backtracked somewhat over recent comments but that's what supporting Hibs is all about...:flag:

'Mon the Hibs...:flag:

RickyS
02-02-2011, 02:46 PM
We need to win tomorrow. It's a simple as that.

Defeat is not an option. NO, I repeat NO ****ing excuses will be valid or tolerated.

We have been told outwith the old firm we spend more money on transfers and players than everyone else in the SPL? Well, that should see us with enough quality to beat a team like St Mirren who's resources are clearly very much less than ours.

Let's hope we get a win and we do start moving on.

:top marks

jacomo
02-02-2011, 02:47 PM

Nope. As you say, nothing gets decided tomorrow, though obviously a win would be nice.

I want the team to play without fear, rather than be intimidated by the consequences of failure. So long as we keep improving our play, we should be able to get out of this spot of difficulty.

lucky
02-02-2011, 03:07 PM
It is a big game that we must win. If we lose and lose heavily CC will be under massive pressure and this board will go into meltdown. But me I'm going for 3-0 Sodje first goal

TornadoHibby
02-02-2011, 05:06 PM

Is Deek playing tonight? :rolleyes:

I didn't know that the team had been announced as early as this! :greengrin