PDA

View Full Version : Underwhelmed

Kaiser1962
01-02-2011, 05:48 PM
For those that are disappointed in the calibre of our signings would you have felt the same if we'd brought a Dunfermline CH, a Boro reserve on loan to Barnsley, Grimsby Town player freed by Stockport or would we be similarly "underwhelmed"?

Dunbar Hibee
01-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Eh?:confused:

ancient hibee
01-02-2011, 06:12 PM
For those that are disappointed in the calibre of our signings would you have felt the same if we'd brought a Dunfermline CH, a Boro reserve on loan to Barnsley, Grimsby Town player freed by Stockport or would we be similarly "underwhelmed"?

None of them are Hibs class.

sahib
01-02-2011, 06:13 PM

Go on surprise us.

Kaiser1962
01-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Eh?:confused:

Do our current crop of signings have any worse a CV than these three guys?

The Falcon
01-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Bamba, Murphy and Jones?

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2011, 06:21 PM
And the part-timer from Institute? Let's not forget that no-mark.

Kaiser1962
01-02-2011, 06:27 PM
I forgot the guy who couldnt get a game in the French 2nd division and was loaned to a 3rd division outfit? Bloody useless he was.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2011, 06:28 PM
There's also the one who we signed from the wee team, and who has just signed for a Premiership team.

Name escapes me....:confused:

Beefster
01-02-2011, 06:30 PM
A few low-key signings turned out to be diamonds. Way more turned out to be cubic zirconia (i.e. Konde, Sowumni, Konte, Donaldson, O'Brien, Canning, Morais, Zarabi, Gathuessi, Kerr, Noubissie, Van Zanten, Keenan, Pinau, Trakys, Dickoh and many more).

Kaiser1962
01-02-2011, 06:34 PM
A few low-key signings turned out to be diamonds. Way more turned out to be cubic zirconia (i.e. Konde, Sowumni, Konte, Donaldson, O'Brien, Canning, Morais, Zarabi, Gathuessi, Kerr, Noubissie, Van Zanten, Keenan, Pinau, Trakys, Dickoh and many more).

Probably add to that list quite a bit :greengrin

I dont think O'Brien, in particular, was low key by Hibs standards post Bosman but thats the level we're at now.

Twa Cairpets
01-02-2011, 06:39 PM

Worth pointing out that Trakys and Dickoh are both into double figures caps for Lithuania and Ghana respectively, so not really dramatically low key on the face of it.

Trakys played well in the one (almost) full game he's had (is he injured?) and Dickoh is no better or worse than many a CH we've had over the years, despite Saturdays howlers.

Dashing Bob S
01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
The thing that really annoys me is that we suddenly seem to have changed from a club that feels it should always be top 4, (or at least top six on a bad year) and challenging for Europe, to one that accepts a bottom six status.

The signings reflect this; OUT: Moroccan international, Irish International and Ivory Coast International. IN: Charlton reserve, Liverpool reserve, Forest reserve and Ross County midfielder.

We've had no lift-off from CC at all.

There seems to be only two conclusions:

1) Calderwood is crap;

2) The squad really was so full of demotivated imposters that it really has to torn down and built back up.

We're operating on now on this backwards-to-go-forwards mentality.

The big nightmare is if both of these are true.

February will tell, if we can battle for points and stay up to give us a basis for going forward next season.

Something strange and utterly unique in it's shabbiness has been happening behind the scenes at Hibs for the last few years. We've been allowed to accumulate an undisciplined, leaderless squad. I hope this is the start of us stopping the rot.

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2011, 06:46 PM
The thing that really annoys me is that we suddenly seem to have changed from a club that feels it should always be top 4, (or at least top six on a bad year) and challenging for Europe, to one that accepts a bottom six status.

The signings reflect this; OUT: Moroccan international, Irish International and Ivory Coast International. IN: Charlton reserve, Liverpool reserve, Forest reserve and Ross County midfielder.

1) Calderwood is crap;

2) The squad really was so full of demotivated imposters that it really has to torn down and built back up.

February will tell, if we can battle for points and stay up to give us a basis for going forward next season.

Something strange and utterly unique in it's shabbiness has been happening behind the scenes at Hibs for the last few years. We've been allowed to accumulate an undisciplined, leaderless squad. I hope this is the start of us stopping the rot.

Oh beggar off (or should it be sodje?) with your rational, well thought-out posts. I prefer you when you post about your fashion sense. Have we really sunk this low??

;0p

Brizo
01-02-2011, 07:08 PM

:agree:

The gems have been extremely rare with the majority of signings living down to their Ratners sale price tags. You could add a raft of goalkeepers to that list plus various others. The Murfs and Ivans have been the exception to the rule.

Hopefully CCs signings can save us from relegation and if so job done. It is however a huge gamble imo to rely on younsters on loan , a First Division signing and a journeyman centre forward who's drifted from club to club to dig us out of the current mess. I would have thought that the financial implications of possible relegation would have been so great to have STF sanctioning the purchase of some players with proven SPL experience. Altho who would want to come to Hibs at present is debatable

The Falcon
01-02-2011, 07:13 PM
I think, or is that hope, its option 2 Bob.

As to the signings we cannot buy diamonds so we have to buy lumps of coal and polish them. Sometimes it works but more often it dosent.

1) Calderwood is crap;