PDA

View Full Version : Pro Active as opposed to Re Active

macca70
01-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Loads of threads disputing whether our signings are inspirational or why have we not splashed more cash etc

I am delighted to see fresh faces, bit disappointed we didn't sign a centre half but we'll just have to make do with what we have.

I think Sodje, Scott an especially Paulsson have a decent future ahead at Hibs.

My gripe with the board and management is why did it take 3-4 weeks into the window to finalise these deals.

If the decision makers had been more pro active rather than reactive, the signings would be settled in by now, good chance we'd still be in the Scottish Cup and I'm sure we would have a few more points than we have now.

We knew our position going into the window and knew that we could free players in Jan with 16 of them out of contract in summer.

They should have been working there backsides off to negotiate deals and make offers on the 1st couple of days of the window, looking at the players we've signed, I would have thought they would have bitten our hand off, hand we offered them deals on Jan 1st.

With Bamba leaving on the 1st second of the window, we knew there was finances to bring folk in.

This is the biggest think that has annoyed me about our current predicament.

Maybe these weren't our 1st choice targets but we should have

greenlex
01-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Another good thing is that there is not one of the permanent signings that will be bullied. They are all big physical players. I am sick to death of our players getting bullied all over the park. Particularly by our neighbours. Bring it on I say.

southern hibby
01-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Unfortunately HIBS are a team that needs to watch the budget. I personally think these players were only brought in because we managed to get players out. The money we have saved on wages would have been a big factor in bringing these players to us.

Let's only hope these players can motivate the players who were here before the transfer window to get there finger out, because lets be honest if they gell with the new boys and start to play as they should (as a team) they might just win a new contract. Though me personally would be happy with them winning a game.

GGTTH.

macca70
01-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Unfortunately HIBS are a team that needs to watch the budget. I personally think these players were only brought in because we managed to get players out. The money we have saved on wages would have been a big factor in bringing these players to us.

Let's only hope these players can motivate the players who were here before the transfer window to get there finger out, because lets be honest if they gell with the new boys and start to play as they should (as a team) they might just win a new contract. Though me personally would be happy with them winning a game.

GGTTH.

But Bamba freed up wages and some transfer fee.

We know 16 can be off the wage bill in summer, if not earlier.

And we've never done much since stokes left so should be money from that and more wages freed.

Jack
01-02-2011, 06:42 PM
A couple of the guys we signed were injured at the start of the window – Scott certainly as he couldn’t do his medical and I seem to recall another.

A change of circumstances and fortunes of players we were after meant they didn't want to leave their current club.

All in all I think we were all getting very frustrated and that’s why Rod had to come out with the first epistle!

There's no doubt the folk who went were higher value players, hence the second epistle, before that small vocal minority get on their backs. Personally I think the new guys look like they're up for an in yur face fight, Scott quite literally. :greengrin