PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Announcer

sunshine1875
01-02-2011, 05:33 PM
How is he going to cope with announcing Idoro Akpoeyere Ujoma Sodje when he scores a goal?

H113EE5
01-02-2011, 05:50 PM
The same way as he pronounced Nish, Duffy, Wotherspoon, Galbraith, et al.......... You expecting goals from a Hibs player?:wink:

Gala Foxes
01-02-2011, 07:01 PM
hope he stops copying that muppet Scott Wilson at Tynecastle with his lets hear the hi-bees bounce pish at kick off & half time

Scouse Hibee
01-02-2011, 08:19 PM
hope he stops copying that muppet Scott Wilson at Tynecastle with his lets hear the hi-bees bounce pish at kick off & half time

Yeah how dare he show some enthusiasm and try to create an atmosphere at a time when we most need it!!!

CB_NO3
01-02-2011, 08:24 PM
We dont score goals.

Twiglet
01-02-2011, 08:33 PM
If you don't like that bloke, I would recommend you don't go near an Edinburgh rugby match at Murrayfield. The announcer there is very enthusiastic, and spends quite a bit of time before the match andat half time trying to get the crowd making noise an encouraging the team.

Bad Martini
01-02-2011, 11:21 PM
How is he going to cope with announcing Idoro Akpoeyere Ujoma Sodje when he scores a goal?

Maybe, he'll just do a DelBoy and call him John :greengrin

1two
01-02-2011, 11:24 PM

Does my head in!
Also "the stage is set"! :confused:

I dont like the new announcer, we've no won a game since he started. :agree:

down-the-slope
01-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Does my head in!

:hmmm:....Petrie...get it sorted

Bad Martini
01-02-2011, 11:26 PM

To be fair, I blame the 11 muppets on the pitch, the muppet picking the team and the muppet giving the muppet who picks the team the money to buy yet more muppets. I don't blame, the muppet playing the choons :greengrin :aok:

GreenCastle
01-02-2011, 11:30 PM
Does my head in!

We should have got a new one in the transfer window :greengrin

He has improved - thought he was useless at first though in the West they need to sort the speakers out as they seem a little muffled :greengrin

Diclonius
02-02-2011, 03:03 AM
He's better than the last guy - actually tries to get an atmosphere going, for one.

It is however quite clear that he knows very little about Hibs.

Hibee1
02-02-2011, 01:37 PM
At first I thought the new stadium announcer was just a temp but looks like he's here to stay. He first appeared in the boxing day game v Aberdeen and I assumed he was covering for the normal guy.
If he's here to stay then what happened to the old guy?
Also, anyone know who the new stadium announcer actually is?

jacomo
02-02-2011, 01:58 PM
Hopefully his debut goal will come against the run of play, as the away fans are making some noise and baiting the home support...

"SOD YE!"

happiehibbie
02-02-2011, 01:59 PM
The new guy is Tony O Donnel, I dont think we can blame him for the run of poor results tho. What i can tell you is that i went for the job and spent 2 hrs with Elaine and russel who i must say are passionate about what they do. my personal veiw was that gavin (last guy) should no enthusaisum what so ever and was going through the motions. russel and elaie have used some off my ideas but i dont think tony is presenting them the way I woud have done !!

In my own veiw I do not think tony knows about Hibernian or our players I do think he is getting better but needs to find out more about hibs.

Guys its show bis and the Announcer has a job to do things are not going well but he has to follow the company line we all want the team to do well we all shout for more singing / atmosphere he is trying to do that.

On a diffrent note do you know that there is an award for the best SPL stadium announcer guess who wins it the YAMS.

I still feel i was the man for the job but lets give Tony / Elaine and Russel our backing

the last guy had been there 12 years and had family issues

hibeemikey21
02-02-2011, 04:57 PM
I quite like the audience participation when it comes to goal announcements, like they do at the emirates, where the announcer says the first name and the fans shout out the second.

"Akpo......SODJE!!!!" has quite a good ring to it

1two
02-02-2011, 11:45 PM
I thought the announcer was excellent today, in fact he won us the game!

Well done that man!

GreenCastle
03-02-2011, 12:05 AM
The sound was better in the west :greengrin

He struggles with subs but was my man of the match :wink: