PDA

View Full Version : S.c. Day friendly?

MB62
01-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Just a wee thought, and don't even know if it is allowed under SFA/SPL rules, but as we have a free Saturday, what is the possibility of Hibs organising a friendly at ER to play a team already knocked out the cup too. There is one other that I can think of that also has a free day and a wee challange match and letting everybody in for say £5, gives our new look team a chance to blend together and maybe make a few quid at the same time.
Of course it could be anybody we play but making use of the spare weekend is shirley worth thinking about?

hibeeleicester
01-02-2011, 03:56 PM
No doubt there are closed door games arranged :agree:

H18sry
01-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Do we really want to play the yam fuds on Saturday?

PatHead
01-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Remember us playing Celtic in such a game. (We were the only ones with undersoil heating.) Benny Brazil scored a hatrick in a 6 3 win

Pat Stanton (manager) was away at Preston scouting and phoned John Blackley (assistant) after the game to find out what happened.

Stanton- How did it go?

Blackley- You won't believe it we won 6 3 and Benny scored a hatrick!

Stanton- Who for?

HibbyAndy
01-02-2011, 04:02 PM
We have a game on Thursday for out of contract players.

Andy74
01-02-2011, 04:04 PM
We have a game on Thursday for out of contract players.

Well, I think we have a bounce game on thursday which will be an opportunity to look at some out of contract players. It's not just one of those mass trial matchs.

HibbyAndy
01-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Well, I think we have a bounce game on thursday which will be an opportunity to look at some out of contract players. It's not just one of those mass trial matchs.

:agree:

Future17
01-02-2011, 04:25 PM

What's a mass trial? Is it anything like :hnetinq::greengrin