PDA

View Full Version : Spoony

soproni1
01-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Not sure if this has been posted already but i thought he was excellent on Sunday. Real energy and a willingness to take players on - something we severely lack.

He looks much more comfortable further up the pitch and also was more effective - shame he was playing beside Nish.

FromTheCapital
01-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Agreed, Drove at Utd every time he had a chance....

Did well in my eyes. :top marks

Wotherspiniesta
01-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Didn't think he was excellent. His burst in the 2nd half, when he got squeezed for room with his shot shows what he can do and he looked good when he went to RB. If he can sharpen up his passing, he'll do well. Never a centre forward though.

soproni1
01-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Didn't think he was excellent. His burst in the 2nd half, when he got squeezed for room with his shot shows what he can do and he looked good when he went to RB. If he can sharpen up his passing, he'll do well. Never a centre forward though.

Perhaps a bit exaggerated but compared to some performances we've had recently i couldnt help but get a little excited.

Heres hoping he and the other young boys can step up and do what the so called 'experienced' guys can't and get us out of this mess.

Dunkin' Donut
01-02-2011, 04:54 PM
didn't think he done anything worth shouting about. can't believe he was up front when duffy and byrne were on the bench.

lucky
01-02-2011, 05:01 PM
was poor for most of the game. looked better when he went to right back. Hard to say any player was excellent when you get humped 3-0

Albion Hibs
01-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I thought he was terrible for circa 60mins of the match, he passing in the first 30 mins was as bad as I have seen.

However.....when he moved him to right back he did very well. I think he is our best playing in the position by a distance. I would play him as first choice RB every week with Towell in front of him, perhaps even towell on the bench as that side of the pitch may get bullied a little. But regardless I would like to see wotherspoon start at RB on Wednesday.

ekhibee
01-02-2011, 08:43 PM
I thought he was terrible for circa 60mins of the match, he passing in the first 30 mins was as bad as I have seen.

However.....when he moved him to right back he did very well. I think he is our best playing in the position by a distance. I would play him as first choice RB every week with Towell in front of him, perhaps even towell on the bench as that side of the pitch may get bullied a little. But regardless I would like to see wotherspoon start at RB on Wednesday.
Certainly agree with first part of your post, he was awful for about an hour, but when moved to right back, much better. I don't know if I agree about putting him in ahead of Towell, to me Towell was definitely one of our better players against DU.