PDA

View Full Version : To all those moaning that bamba and zouma left

Hakim Sar
01-02-2011, 11:24 AM
I felt bamba had a poor attitude on pitch and although there was never any factual evidence his lethargy carried over into the dressing room and was disruptive.

Zemmama was injury prone, hot twice a season and cold the rest, a man who had been with us 5 years and given us say... 8 highlights and probably as many injuries???

clearly this is only my opinion. however consider this.... with palsson Scott and thornhill shoring up the midfield it puts less pressure on the CH's and maybe we can use liam 'fairy dust' miller further forward as a creative influence rather than him getting absorbed into these scraps that he clearly struggles with.

big boy upfront for riordan and Duffy to feed off and towell (who looks like he can ping good crosses) and Galbraith to target.

Relatively pleased that our players that seemed untouchable and bigger than the club have been punted. Good riddance I say.

Remember bamba and zemmama contributed to this mess along with Hogg. Time to get behind the young boys and encourage the hungry attitude to prove themselves they appear to have.

Good riddance to bamba especially. heart wasn't in it.

now calderwood will be judged properly.

bingo70
01-02-2011, 11:32 AM
I felt bamba had a poor attitude on pitch and although there was never any factual evidence his lethargy carried over into the dressing room and was disruptive.

Zemmama was injury prone, hot twice a season and cold the rest, a man who had been with us 5 years and given us say... 8 highlights and probably as many injuries???

clearly this is only my opinion. however consider this.... with palsson Scott and thornhill shoring up the midfield it puts less pressure on the CH's and maybe we can use liam 'fairy dust' miller further forward as a creative influence rather than him getting absorbed into these scraps that he clearly struggles with.

big boy upfront for riordan and Duffy to feed off and towell (who looks like he can ping good crosses) and Galbraith to target.

Relatively pleased that our players that seemed untouchable and bigger than the club have been punted. Good riddance I say.

Remember bamba and zemmama contributed to this mess along with Hogg. Time to get behind the young boys and encourage the hungry attitude to prove themselves they appear to have.

Completely agree, keep hearing that Zemmama was our most creative midfielder, when was the last time he actually created something :confused:

I'm hoping if we've got a more solid unit we'll have built a platform the midfielders can work from and offer much more going forward.

Bamba was a good defender, i'm not going to try and pretend otherwise, however he was a mistake prone to making a lot of mistakes, is that kind of defender really what we needed just now? i'm not so sure, now he's away we've only got players who want to be at the club, thats not been the case for the last few years.

I also seem to have read or heard people asking to get rid of the lot of them all season then when we do it's a disaster.

Hakim Sar
01-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Agreed. another CH would have made for a better window but hopefully miller will be used as a creative source now which we all hope he is.

Zemmama was an enigma and bamba wasn't up for a war.

for me towell (a bleeding RB) who iv seen once looks to have more creativity from crossing ability alone than zemmama had shown us in recent times. all good faith until results prove otherwise from now on.

Expecting Rain
01-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Zemmama had a lot of ability but no football brain, he played in flashes or sometimes for a half a match, made the wrong decisions on lots of occasions, he never paced himself properly throughout a game and often went missing after an electric start, Dundee United at home and Rangers away when Kris Boyd gave him the forearm smash which was interpretated by our glasgow friends as obstruction were prime examples, still at least he could play a bit but little and not too often in my opinion, good luck to him but he won`t be missed that much by me.

Hakim Sar
01-02-2011, 11:53 AM
Il remeber zouma for the dancing through rangers to help stokes score after what? 7 seconds

but more so the pass to stokes for THAT goal at ibrox which was genius

The rest was a disappointing blur of injuries, missing his family and having the smallest feet iv ever seen a professional footballer have

Hibs07p
01-02-2011, 12:15 PM
Good post.
Reported in the Gazette that the fee was £300K and Zouma's aim was always to play in England, i think it was fairly obvious that he would be off at the end of the season, getting £300K if true was a good bit of business.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/boro-fc/boro-fc-news/2011/02/01/zemmama-flies-off-for-visa-and-work-permit-84229-28092923/

FromTheCapital
01-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Zemmama has past his time, Wish him luck at Boro though.

And Bamba was bombscare but hope he does well at Leicester.

grunt
01-02-2011, 01:20 PM
The views of the Daily Mash on the recent transfer window - read to the end.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/transfer-window-round%11up%2c-with-brian-sewell-201102013492/

basehibby
01-02-2011, 01:55 PM

I concur as far as Bamba was concerned - re Zemama though I would only agree that he's been injury prone during his time at Hibs - his attitude has been spot on and he has the sort of talent that can change games in your favour. Certainly I feel the bit in bold is extremely unfair on Zemama as it was around the time that he got injured last year that things started to really go pearshaped IIRC.

So in conclusion - Bamba out - good business considering his attitude, but was all the money released to CC - if not then why not?

Zemama out - OK he was injury prone but in our predicament it was nothing short of crazy to let him go IMO. Would have been best to keep him on the books as an ace in the hole and write off the 200K as a bit of insurance.

greenlex
01-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Il remeber zouma for the dancing through rangers to help stokes score after what? 7 seconds

but more so the pass to stokes for THAT goal at ibrox which was genius

The rest was a disappointing blur of injuries, missing his family and having the smallest feet iv ever seen a professional footballer have
Talk about Rose tinted glasses. The pass for THAT goal as you put it was more of a lump up the park than genius. Ok maybe not quite but Genius?????
Very good player on his day but not often enough. Good luck at Boro wee man.

zlatan
01-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Bamba could have done a dump on my dad after kicking him repeatedly in the balls for 10 minutes and he still would have been the first name on my teamsheet every week. Great player who has already shown to be sorely missed whilst excelling elsewhere.

Hakim Sar
01-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Not sure about the 'rose tinted glasses' when iv just explained that I'm happy he's gone.

Look back at the goal - no danger the head is down and it's a lash up the park... he actually steadies himself and pings it perfectly. A pass is a pass whether it's 2 yards or 50 yards.

Good debate though buddy

jacomo
01-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Both Bamba and Zemmama had undoubted quality... we're now borrowing promising kids from Celtic to cover gaps in our squad that can't be filled from our own youth ranks - the self-styled "best youth set-up in Scotland".

This strikes me as a little depressing.

bingo70
01-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Both Bamba and Zemmama had undoubted quality... we're now borrowing promising kids from Celtic to cover gaps in our squad that can't be filled from our own youth ranks - the self-styled "best youth set-up in Scotland".

This strikes me as a little depressing.

We've borrowed one player from them, considering the players they've taken from us over the years i think we do not too bad.

greenlex
01-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Not sure about the 'rose tinted glasses' when iv just explained that I'm happy he's gone.

Look back at the goal - no danger the head is down and it's a lash up the park... he actually steadies himself and pings it perfectly. A pass is a pass whether it's 2 yards or 50 yards.

Good debate though buddy
No danger its genius either though. Keep up.

Andy74
01-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Yes, I think we are probably better without some of the guys who thought they were superstars.

Zemmama could have been a new Latapy but as has been said above, he didn't have the football brain to go with the ability.

cocopops1875
01-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Bamba could have done a dump on my dad after kicking him repeatedly in the balls for 10 minutes and he still would have been the first name on my teamsheet every week. Great player who has already shown to be sorely missed whilst excelling elsewhere.

will he continue to excell when/if his head gets turned again ? i agree he has undoubted quality but think he has ideas above his station and does not realise to acheive his goals in football hard work will get you further than ego:wink:

greenlex
01-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Aye we doing so much worse since he moved on.

sesoim
01-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Bamba was a very good defensive midfielder, and had he stayed there we would have gotten a lot more money for him. In central defence, he was ok but unreliable at times, and I wanted us to get rid of him because of this coupled with his attitude. BUT, that was on the assupmtion that we would sign at least one new CB in early January, and our failure to do so has cost us more points. So now many, like me, are pretty furious that we have effectively weakened our defence even more when it was already poor.

As for Zemmama, I think he could have done a job for us in the last few months of his contract, but we have signed a few other midfielders so maybe we were as well pocketing some cash for him. But I disagree with some fans' attitude towards him - we were a much better team results wise when he was fit and playing during his first couple pf years at the club. Even last season, we were getting better results with him in the team. (the bad run started not long after his injury).

500miles
01-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Bamba was a prime example of why you cannot keep a player at a club against his will. His performances prior to leaving were becoming poorer, and as soon as he arrived at Leicester, he's satisfied to have made a step up. However, he WILL get bored, and will be looking for a way into the Prem within 18 months, after which, his performances will begin to deteriorate.

Zemmama had been disappointing since his return from injury. Perhaps the injuries have taken thier toll, and we don't have time - nor length of contract - for him to get back to his best.

We've replaced them with hungry players and promising youngsters. They're not the finished article, but they don't have to be. They just have to be better than Hamilton.

sesoim
01-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Completely agree, keep hearing that Zemmama was our most creative midfielder, when was the last time he actually created something :confused:

I'm hoping if we've got a more solid unit we'll have built a platform the midfielders can work from and offer much more going forward.

Bamba was a good defender, i'm not going to try and pretend otherwise, however he was a mistake prone to making a lot of mistakes, is that kind of defender really what we needed just now? i'm not so sure, now he's away we've only got players who want to be at the club, thats not been the case for the last few years.

I also seem to have read or heard people asking to get rid of the lot of them all season then when we do it's a disaster.

He was injured for ages.

Also, I don't agree with solid platform bit - our defence is even worse now. Had we signed a couple of good CBs then, yes, the midfield would have been free to attack more, but we didn't.

hibsbollah
01-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Maybe us 'moaners' don't have the same bizarrely negative assessments of two of our most talented players. Its bad enough that there are no comparable replacements coming in, without having to read delusional ****. Why cant you just leave us in our misery?

Bostonhibby
01-02-2011, 06:23 PM

:agree:More or less my thoughts, whatever kept him out is Zemmama had put in even 50% more appearances I would have been happy but iagree, on hte facts he should have moved on, he does so with my best wishes, I don't feel the same about Bamba. Glad he is not in the dressing room.

cocopops1875
01-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Maybe us 'moaners' don't have the same bizarrely negative assessments of two of our most talented players. Its bad enough that there are no comparable replacements coming in, without having to read delusional ****. Why cant you just leave us in our misery?

so good you typed it twice :greengrin

snooky
01-02-2011, 09:31 PM
Zemmama had a lot of ability but no football brain, he played in flashes or sometimes for a half a match, made the wrong decisions on lots of occasions, he never paced himself properly throughout a game and often went missing after an electric start, Dundee United at home and Rangers away when Kris Boyd gave him the forearm smash which was interpretated by our glasgow friends as obstruction were prime examples, still at least he could play a bit but little and not too often in my opinion, good luck to him but he won`t be missed that much by me.

He's like Santa. A loveable guy & appears once every 12 months.

marleyhib
01-02-2011, 09:55 PM

Sorry don't agree, 2 quality players out - never good, punters want to see quality, replaced with what? Reeks of desperation and a general decline, don't get me wrong I am sad it has come to this - if it stops us going down fine and good but a sad reflection none the less.

khib70
01-02-2011, 10:38 PM

:agree:Agree completely. I wonder where I've heard before that players leaving a club instantly become "overrated" and basically werent that good anyway:cool2

Unsurprisingly, the In Rod We Trust brigade are right at the front of the queue.

Jonnyboy
01-02-2011, 10:41 PM

Interesting that you singled out your Dad for that treatment :greengrin

greenlex
02-02-2011, 03:05 AM
:agree:Agree completely. I wonder where I've heard before that players leaving a club instantly become "overrated" and basically werent that good anyway:cool2

Unsurprisingly, the In Rod We Trust brigade are right at the front of the queue.

And when it comes to wanting to be miserable your not very far away either.

The Falcon
02-02-2011, 07:14 AM

I would rather Bamba and Zemmama had both chosen to stay at the club, applied themselves and focused on playing for Hibs but they didnt want to and Bamba in particular made that public. On that basis alone I dont know what else could be done.