PDA

View Full Version : Things have to change

down the slope
01-02-2011, 10:10 AM
Whatever happens this season (and lets hope we stay up) the way we are run has to change, i never thought i would see us in such a state and make no mistake we are in the last chance saloon , the degree of panic that the last few days have shown must never be repeated-have you ever seen the likes of the goings on at ER ?. For a start the board have to stop using our club like a personal fiefdom and be answerable to us a bit more , the communication level to the the fans is abysmal unless they are needing our cash then we are subjected to letter after letter pleading to renew our ST's. All that is only the tip of the iceberg as it is plainly obvious they do not know how to run a football club , we are not an estate agents nor a player selling agency that supports the means to feather their own nests. There is something seriously wrong with the way we are run, from a position of strength that was the envy of many a club that we had to witness the goings on of yesterday should be forever held against those that caused this to happen, instead of a year on year increase in the quality of player at our club we have seen the opposite and if you believe what you read on here there is a dead hand at the helm. Even if we stay up this season and somehow muddle through we must not let those responsible for our predicament remain at ER a moment longer.

Andy74
01-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Whatever happens this season (and lets hope we stay up) the way we are run has to change, i never thought i would see us in such a state and make no mistake we are in the last chance saloon , the degree of panic that the last few days have shown must never be repeated-have you ever seen the likes of the goings on at ER ?. For a start the board have to stop using our club like a personal fiefdom and be answerable to us a bit more , the communication level to the the fans is abysmal unless they are needing our cash then we are subjected to letter after letter pleading to renew our ST's. All that is only the tip of the iceberg as it is plainly obvious they do not know how to run a football club , we are not an estate agents nor a player selling agency that supports the means to feather their own nests. There is something seriously wrong with the way we are run, from a position of strength that was the envy of many a club that we had to witness the goings on of yesterday should be forever held against those that caused this to happen, instead of a year on year increase in the quality of player at our club we have seen the opposite and if you believe what you read on here there is a dead hand at the helm. Even if we stay up this season and somehow muddle through we must not let those responsible for our predicament remain at ER a moment longer.

What's this dgree of panic that you are talking about the last few days?

CropleyWasGod
01-02-2011, 10:15 AM

What exactly were "the goings on of yesterday"?

Iain G
01-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Whatever happens this season (and lets hope we stay up) the way we are run has to change, i never thought i would see us in such a state and make no mistake we are in the last chance saloon , the degree of panic that the last few days have shown must never be repeated-have you ever seen the likes of the goings on at ER ?.

What goings on at ER, the only panic was on here, Hibs as usual went about their business in their grown up quiet way from what I can tell, we lost out on our main striker target and went about our business to sign the next one down the line, seems to suggest organisation and not panic to me!

For a start the board have to stop using our club like a personal fiefdom and be answerable to us a bit more , the communication level to the the fans is abysmal unless they are needing our cash then we are subjected to letter after letter pleading to renew our ST's.

The club have come out 2 or 3 times recently and addressed the fans, what do you want, Rod to pop round to your house for tea and buscuits every Thursday for a personal chat?

All that is only the tip of the iceberg as it is plainly obvious they do not know how to run a football club , we are not an estate agents nor a player selling agency that supports the means to feather their own nests.

Bet you didn't say this when we won the league cup :wink: And where do you think the money from player sales goes to, RP/STF's own pocket!?!?

There is something seriously wrong with the way we are run, from a position of strength that was the envy of many a club that we had to witness the goings on of yesterday should be forever held against those that caused this to happen, instead of a year on year increase in the quality of player at our club we have seen the opposite and if you believe what you read on here there is a dead hand at the helm. Even if we stay up this season and somehow muddle through we must not let those responsible for our predicament remain at ER a moment longer.

The quality of the players signed can be laid at the door of the manager, the club can only buy players that the manager identifies, Hughes was well backed to get in Miller, Stokes, De Graff et al and failed to do much with them, hardly the fault of the board is it!

Those responsible for our predicament are being emptied, Hogg, De Graff and Zouma went yesterday, with many more to go in the summer thank god!

What is your issue here, what goings on that Hibs conducted are you ashamed of yesterday, the only panic on show was from us supporters and not the club.
:confused:

Liberal Hibby
01-02-2011, 10:30 AM

I'd introduce some paragraph breaks.

Littlest Hobo
01-02-2011, 10:51 AM
I don't think anyone could have foreseen the slide we have made to be honest.

If players attitudes are not right and they don't try for whatever reason then this kind of thing can happen to any club.
This should have been nipped in the bud early.

I don't think we have got to the real crux of the problem yet, was it about contracts and lack of?

Was it about money?

Was it players taking the huff? Obviously but why??

Bad management allowing all those players contracts to run down at the same time but the minute it became clear they weren't trying a leg, they should have been banished to the youth team and the young guys take their place, never to be seen or heard of again.

We've dropped guys several times only to bring them back into the squad again.

WHY?? Are we that desperate for players at this club?

I'd honestly rather watch young kids trying their heart out than some of those fraudsters who have been pulling the jersey on of late.

Jack
01-02-2011, 01:04 PM
I see the past 12 months as a blimp on the road to greater things. :greengrin

The evidence, in the accounts, has shown our spending on player budgets has increased incrementally as promised, despite basic losses before player sales.

We now, as we are almost fed up hearing (I say almost because I’m not fed up hearing about it) have a completed stadium and a state of the art training centre, owned by the club. Even if you are fed up with it or didn’t want it to happen, get over it, its there, its done. We’re not going to knock down the super new stand; we’re not going to go back to our players training on ***** infested public parks, or sponging off the Civil Service :confused:.

There are no major infrastructure projects ahead, leaving even more to be put into the incremental player budget increases and / or less need to sell players to balance the books.

Managers haven’t worked out recently. A key role where the choices made haven’t worked out as expected by the board, or by the support at the time they were taken on. We can hardly blame the board for choices we ourselves would probably have made and weren’t unhappy with. :cool2:

I expect our horrible annus has now passed, a pimple on the landscape, and look forward with anticipation to consistently performing at the top end of the league(performing consistently would be nice too); in the later stages of cup competitions and regular trips into Europe – an ambition recently stated by the board.

What was it the Hibs 12th Man said? Best support in Scotland; friendliest support in Europe. :agree:

:flag:Sounds like almost all of us want it to happen. :flag: I want all that to happen. :flag: I want to be part of it. :flag: