View Full Version : Andy Webster

Pages : 1 [2]

hibees59
01-02-2011, 10:12 PM
He's now signed for alloa athletic:aok:

He's now joined Forres Mechanics :wink:

ScottB
01-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Its not Ambition the word is SURVIVAL we have lost Hogg now we urgently need a Central Defender the game V Dundee United showed that.

10k per week for us to stay up:confused: there is no transfer fee involved, get him on a deal to the end off the season would cost us less than the 200k we got for Z:confused:

So we bring a guy in and pay him 2 or 3 times more than anyone else at the club (cause that won't unsettle those in contract negotiations), doesn't sound like a recipe for a together and functioning squad.

Never mind the guy is about as injury prone as a cracked vase.

In principle, pushing the boat out for a real quality player isn't a bad idea, but I'm not convinced a guy like Webster is it. Besides, we can have all the CH's in the world, if we aren't scoring goals it won't matter one jot.

scoopyboy
01-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Its not Ambition the word is SURVIVAL we have lost Hogg now we urgently need a Central Defender the game V Dundee United showed that.

10k per week for us to stay up:confused: there is no transfer fee involved, get him on a deal to the end off the season would cost us less than the 200k we got for Z:confused:

Why give Webster 10k per week?

If were going to pay someone that kind of dosh I would rather it was someone better than an injury savaged central defender.

Webster has played little if any first team football this season and paying him 10k per week is no guarantee of staying up especially if he picks up a knock,

Id rather pay Deek 5k a goal.

1two
01-02-2011, 10:15 PM
He's now joined Forres Mechanics :wink:

My source says Hutchi Vale

nortonhibby
01-02-2011, 10:17 PM
So we bring a guy in and pay him 2 or 3 times more than anyone else at the club (cause that won't unsettle those in contract negotiations), doesn't sound like a recipe for a together and functioning squad.

Never mind the guy is about as injury prone as a cracked vase.

In principle, pushing the boat out for a real quality player isn't a bad idea, but I'm not convinced a guy like Webster is it. Besides, we can have all the CH's in the world, if we aren't scoring goals it won't matter one jot.

fair point the problems are at both ends of the park ie not scoring and leaking goals the signing of Webster would help but i fear the weakness of our managers skills will doom us.

GreenCastle
01-02-2011, 10:24 PM
People want us to pay Webster 10k a week :confused::confused:

This place has gone mad :shocked:

marinello59
01-02-2011, 10:27 PM
fair point the problems are at both ends of the park ie not scoring and leaking goals the signing of Webster would help but i fear the weakness of our managers skills will doom us.

So you want Rod to splash the cash and do what it takes to get Webster but you also don't really think it will make any difference? You really are a ray of sunshine aren't you?:greengrin

--------
01-02-2011, 10:36 PM

If were going to pay someone that kind of dosh I would rather it was someone better than an injury savaged central defender.

Webster has played little if any first team football this season and paying him 10k per week is no guarantee of staying up especially if he picks up a knock,

:agree:

I suspect that for £10,000 a week, we could find a much better centre-half among the out-of-contract players in England or on the Continent.

nortonhibby
01-02-2011, 10:41 PM
http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/webster_deal_has_romanov_approval_1_2369687

how long does this credit card last its beyond a joke how they can spend what they dont have

marinello59
01-02-2011, 10:44 PM
http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/webster_deal_has_romanov_approval_1_2369687

how long does this credit card last its beyond a joke how they can spend what they dont have

Isn't that what you asked RP to do earlier in the thread?:confused:

chrisski33
01-02-2011, 10:52 PM

perhaps if we did pay deeks 5k a goal hed score some!

HibbingtonHibs
01-02-2011, 10:57 PM
If we've exhausted the budget for humans and are now talking canine solutions, I nominate getting Ross Chisholm back in. (Pointer.)

:not worth:not worth:not worth

HibbingtonHibs
01-02-2011, 11:00 PM
People want us to pay Webster 10k a week for a few months at most to get us out of a possible catastrophe:confused::confused:

This place has gone mad if this doesn't happen :shocked:

Fixed for you

iwasthere1972
01-02-2011, 11:17 PM
People want us to pay Webster 10k a week :confused::confused:

This place has gone mad :shocked:

I agree. Rather that Petrie donates the £10K a week to Hibs.net to spend on tickets for kids for home matches. Get more bums (for the want of a better word) on seats and cheers the lads on.

I'm optimisitic that with the new signings we can begin to climb the table and get away from the relegation zone.

A win tonight would be a great start.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

2NaFish
01-02-2011, 11:55 PM
following events tonight, i doubt webster will be signing for hearts.

Thomson
02-02-2011, 12:00 AM
So does anyone actually know if he has signed or not?

iwasthere1972
02-02-2011, 12:04 AM

What events are you talking about? Have to excuse me but I haven't been on the net since yesterday.

Cheers.

2NaFish
02-02-2011, 12:06 AM
What events are you talking about? Have to excuse me but I haven't been on the net since yesterday.

Cheers.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/87847-webster-battered-by-locke/

hibs0666
02-02-2011, 12:08 AM

I don't go near that pit of cess mate - what's the general jist of the story?

Wotherspiniesta
02-02-2011, 12:09 AM

Please, reveal all.

Diclonius
02-02-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't go near that pit of cess mate - what's the general jist of the story?

The thread has been deleted, but the title according to the url was "Webster battered by Locke". Oh dear.

iwasthere1972
02-02-2011, 12:14 AM

Got banned from there (for nothing :agree:) ages ago.

Whats the Hampden roar?

Wotherspiniesta
02-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Well, that was awfully mature of you 2Nafish.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/87848-aliadiere-to-hibs/

Post #6 Mods. You know what to do :aok:

iwasthere1972
02-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Well, that was awfully mature of you 2Nafish.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/87848-aliadiere-to-hibs/

Post #6 Mods. You know what to do :aok:

Come on spill the beans. I'm banned from that hell hole.

Dunbar Hibee
02-02-2011, 12:39 AM
Come on spill the beans. I'm banned from that hell hole.

Same, whats going on?!

IWasThere2016
02-02-2011, 06:06 AM
Same? Mon spill man!

Calvin
02-02-2011, 06:14 AM
Some poster, '2NaFish' saying that they posted on Hibs.net that Webster wasn't joining Hearts.

The Falcon
02-02-2011, 06:17 AM
Some poster, '2NaFish' saying that they posted on Hibs.net that Webster wasn't joining Hearts.

You would think he would use a different name to post over here? I hate to stereotype but it's a good job they're not very bright or they would be a bit more difficult to identify.

lapsedhibee
02-02-2011, 06:45 AM
I hate to stereotype but it's a good job they're not very bright or they would be a bit more difficult to identify.

Sure you do. You stereotypers are all the same.

The Falcon
02-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Sure you do. You stereotypers are all the same.

:greengrin

aberhibsfc
02-02-2011, 10:36 AM
No chance Webster coming...hearts are offering bigger wages.

Happily be wrong however!!

Hearts, well Jeffries at lease is interested as competition or cover for this position. He is a decent player and will do someone a job if injury free. It'll be a mix of them improving their squad and I'm sure they'd rather they had him than strengthen their competition (especially Hibs, then there's the ex-jambo thing). Hearts in recent times have been paying better wages and will be able to outspend us or anyone else in the SPL if they want to. Webster i'm sure will be happy enough to go back as long as their is no bad feeling and the higher wages will be attractive.

I did hear though that Romanov does not like anyone getting one over him, he led Hartley down the garden path and pulled the rug from under him at the final hurdle in a effort to be spiteful. He may opt to do the same thing with Webster.

I would take him at ER, I would pay him a competatitve wage but not the 10k some have been mentioning. Hanlon could do with the support and experience. I think there are legs in this but only if Hearts don't get serious as we will fall out the reckoning quickly.

yekimevol
02-02-2011, 10:47 AM
the daily ranger says were in for him, even thou the artical is most jambo pish

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2011/02/02/hibs-join-hearts-in-chase-for-scotland-defender-andy-webster-86908-22893122/

SouthMoroccoStu
02-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Any up dates on this? :flag:

rennie_hfc
02-02-2011, 02:59 PM
We've offered him a contract

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9385433.stm

lucky
02-02-2011, 03:04 PM
He is decent but to we really want some one of his history on and off the park to come to ER. By on the park i mean his injuries. Off the park bumping the club that gave him his chance. I know it was them, but their is a principal here and he does not appear to have any moral fiber

J-C
02-02-2011, 03:06 PM

As have Hearts/another SPL club and some Championship clubs..............he'll go to the highest bidder, money to this lad seems more important to loyalties and getting back to football basics.

Andy74
02-02-2011, 03:15 PM
He is decent but to we really want some one of his history on and off the park to come to ER. By on the park i mean his injuries. Off the park bumping the club that gave him his chance. I know it was them, but their is a principal here and he does not appear to have any moral fiber

Nah, he is a good lad and he was entitled to look at a certain rule to try and move on from Hearts. He provided them with good service for the chance he was initially given. If he was poor they'd have taken no time to punt him so goes both ways.

jacomo
02-02-2011, 03:42 PM

I think Vlad might have offered a contract on Webster around the time he left them, but maybe that's water under the bridge now?

Can't imagine we're favourites to get his signature, though.

Jim44
02-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Did anyone notice that in FJK's post match interview tonight the interviewer asked about Andy Webster and allowed Jeffries about two or three minutes to talk about their situation vis a vis his signing for them. To be fair to FJK, he did not come right out and say that it was a done deal but his language suggested strongly that Hearts were the club he should and probably would sign for. Calderwood as expected was asked nothing about the situation. So what you might ask, but it came across as a really in your face bit of media canvassing on the Jambo's behalf.

Spoonjilloun
02-02-2011, 11:01 PM
i thought jeffries was answering the questions to suggest whatever happens is andy webster's choice. basically hearts have done what they can but don't blame us if he signs for hibs.

think im just a bit optimistic:greengrin

7Hero
02-02-2011, 11:15 PM
Calderwood has commented on webster in the scotsman interview after tonights game see below :

The manager still hopes to make another signing - Andy Webster, who is a free agent after being released by Rangers, although Hearts have also held talks and appeared to be front-runners last night. "We've had contact," Calderwood said of the player. "The decision is entirely Andy's, but I think that would be a superb addition."

When have hibs ever commented on a player they haven't signed ?

the plot thickens...

sauzee's-socks
02-02-2011, 11:42 PM
Don't want him!!

Dunbar Hibee
02-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Don't want him!!

Neither. He sticks chips up birds noses.:greengrin

yekimevol
03-02-2011, 12:05 AM
from scotsman
The manager still hopes to make another signing - Andy Webster, who is a free agent after being released by Rangers, although Hearts have also held talks and appeared to be front-runners last night. "We've had contact," Calderwood said of the player. "The decision is entirely Andy's, but I think that would be a superb addition."

sounds like we have said our piece and waiting on him :)
http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Colin-Calderwood-relieved-as-Hibs.6709722.jp

Andy74
03-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Hearts always make a fuss when after players. Wouldnt read too much into it.

Ollie75
03-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Wikipedia seems to think Aliadiere has signed a 6 month contract with us to "help them fight relegation"????

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A9r%C3%A9mie_Aliadi%C3%A8re

Monktonhall 7
03-02-2011, 08:10 AM
Wikipedia seems to think Aliadiere has signed a 6 month contract with us to "help them fight relegation"????

Hope thats true. Bit more pace up front would be great, but still think a decent CH would make the difference.

Jim44
03-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Jambo amusing himself.........no, not you Ollie75

bob12345
03-02-2011, 08:13 AM

Which he started in 2010. Have so say, has been anonymous so far.

holyrood hibbie
03-02-2011, 08:39 AM

If thats right , then I get to say I told you so. As for Webster, I'd give him a 6 months deal and throw Dickoh out.

Jim44
03-02-2011, 08:44 AM

Which he started in 2010. Have so say, has been anonymous so far.

The big problem for CC is where he would now fit Aliadiere into a winning team.:rolleyes:

--------
03-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Did anyone notice that in FJK's post match interview tonight the interviewer asked about Andy Webster and allowed Jeffries about two or three minutes to talk about their situation vis a vis his signing for them. To be fair to FJK, he did not come right out and say that it was a done deal but his language suggested strongly that Hearts were the club he should and probably would sign for. Calderwood as expected was asked nothing about the situation. So what you might ask, but it came across as a really in your face bit of media canvassing on the Jambo's behalf.

Webster has shown in the past that he's capable of deciding his future and place of work for himself. In Scotland we have a problem with players who possess the independence of mind to do this. IF Webster has a number of options before him, I would expect him to decide to take the one best for him professionally. His heart may lie with the Arabs, and he may have past history with the Jambos, but if we can make him an attractive offer that allows him to continue in the game as well as perhaps doing his coaching certificates and working with youngsters, bringing them on - who knows?

Jumbo knows how to work the media, that's for sure, but as I say, AW seems to me to be his own man and is under no pressure to go anywhere he does't want to go.

My only concern, if he signs for us, is his fitness. I have no doubt at all of the guy's quality as a player or of his 'moral fibre'. He comes across to me as a thoroughly decent bloke who would be a real asset to us. NOT a short-term emergency signing to 'save us from relegation', but an investment to assist us in rebuilding the team in the longer-term.

That's how I would approach him, FWIW - offer him a challenge.

I don't know if the Alliadiere deal's really on the cards, but I'm not too fussed about him. I suspect that there are better players than him out 0f contract and available, and I'm sure CC will be going through the lists thoroughly.

TornadoHibby
03-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Webster has shown in the past that he's capable of deciding his future and place of work for himself. In Scotland we have a problem with players who possess the independence of mind to do this. IF Webster has a number of options before him, I would expect him to decide to take the one best for him professionally. His heart may lie with the Arabs, and he may have past history with the Jambos, but if we can make him an attractive offer that allows him to continue in the game as well as perhaps doing his coaching certificates and working with youngsters, bringing them on - who knows?

Jumbo knows how to work the media, that's for sure, but as I say, AW seems to me to be his own man and is under no pressure to go anywhere he does't want to go.

My only concern, if he signs for us, is his fitness. I have no doubt at all of the guy's quality as a player or of his 'moral fibre'. He comes across to me as a thoroughly decent bloke who would be a real asset to us. NOT a short-term emergency signing to 'save us from relegation', but an investment to assist us in rebuilding the team in the longer-term.

That's how I would approach him, FWIW - offer him a challenge.

I don't know if the Alliadiere deal's really on the cards, but I'm not too fussed about him. I suspect that there are better players than him out 0f contract and available, and I'm sure CC will be going through the lists thoroughly.

Heard he was chucked out of Electric Circus on Saturday night for chucking ice cubes around the place and generally pissing people off! :confused: :dunno:

YehButNoBut
03-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Still awaiting a decision according to the Scotsman, so nothing new added from yesterday.

Calderwood tells Webster 'it's up to you' on Hibs move.

Hibs boss Colin Calderwood today told Andy Webster "it's entirely up to you" after holding contract talks with the former Hearts star.

Calderwood admitted capturing the signature of Webster, released by Rangers on transfer deadline day, would be "a superb addition" to his Easter Road squad, having already brought in six new faces over the course of the past week.

But he also knows he faces intense competition to land the 28-year-old defender, not least from Capital rivals Hearts, who are hoping to tempt Webster into a return to Tynecastle.

Dundee United, captained to Scottish Cup glory by Webster last season as he spent a season on loan at Tannadice, are also interested in the player who is a free agent and so can sign outside a transfer window but so, too, are a number of English Championship sides.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Calderwood-tells-Webster-39it39s-up.6710072.jp

PeterboroHibee
03-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Still awaiting a decision according to the Scotsman, so nothing new added from yesterday.

Calderwood tells Webster 'it's up to you' on Hibs move.

Hibs boss Colin Calderwood today told Andy Webster "it's entirely up to you" after holding contract talks with the former Hearts star.

Calderwood admitted capturing the signature of Webster, released by Rangers on transfer deadline day, would be "a superb addition" to his Easter Road squad, having already brought in six new faces over the course of the past week.

But he also knows he faces intense competition to land the 28-year-old defender, not least from Capital rivals Hearts, who are hoping to tempt Webster into a return to Tynecastle.

Dundee United, captained to Scottish Cup glory by Webster last season as he spent a season on loan at Tannadice, are also interested in the player who is a free agent and so can sign outside a transfer window but so, too, are a number of English Championship sides.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Calderwood-tells-Webster-39it39s-up.6710072.jp

I really cant imagine United will be in for him, they are skint and just signed a CB, doubt they would have much left to offer in terms of wages.

If English clubs are interested in him then Hibs and Hearts offers are going to have to be pretty good to even tempt him, but hopefully (for us anyway) hes looking for more than just money and we can put a decent enough offer forward (with the sort of incentives as someone mentioned above).

Phil MaGlass
03-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Heard he was chucked out of Electric Circus on Saturday night for chucking ice cubes around the place and generally pissing people off! :confused: :dunno:

should fit in well at ER then...

Purehibee_MYB
03-02-2011, 11:26 AM
When are we likely to find out who he has chosen?

Stevie Reid
03-02-2011, 11:33 AM
I can't see anyway he will choose us unfortunately, but it is important to remember that we would have to make him top earner if he were to sign and he has an horrendous injury record - at 28, he has only played 204 club games in his whole career, and a pathetic 38 since he left Hearts FIVE years ago. Even in his good season at Dundee Utd he only managed 26 appearances.

Would be great to get him, but far from the end of the world if we don't.

stokesmessiah
03-02-2011, 11:36 AM

I would imagine when he has made his mind up?? :greengrin

Purehibee_MYB
03-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I would imagine when he has made his mind up?? :greengrin

I should have seen that coming...

stokesmessiah
03-02-2011, 11:44 AM
I should have seen that coming...

Sorry could not resist...its the euphoria of 3 pts, im all giddy. :wink:

aberhibsfc
03-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Money might be the be all and end all with him and if Hearts want him seriously enough and back it up with a big wage he will most likely go there.

But that said, he's been there before and while he has history, some of it isn't good, plus he might prefer avoid any further dealings with Romanov.

If we offer a competitive salary theres a decent chance he could come to us, whilst he'll have to win some of us over and avoid some of their abuse, it might still feel more attractive than working with the Maroon dictator.

poolman
03-02-2011, 11:52 AM

Taken from Football 365

Webster's agent says the former Hearts, Wigan, Bristol City and Dundee United star will make his choice on Friday.

Thecat23
03-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Would be funny if he shat on that mob again and came to us :greengrin

Jim44
03-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Did I see somewhere that his signing for the Jambos depended on him making a public apology to HMFC? Is Webster the sort of guy who would stoop so low?

Purehibee_MYB
03-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Taken from Football 365

Webster's agent says the former Hearts, Wigan, Bristol City and Dundee United star will make his choice on Friday.

Ooo how exciting!

--------
03-02-2011, 12:16 PM

That's no more than high jinks .... :devil:

SouthMoroccoStu
03-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Taken from Football 365

At least that'll see the end of it. We'll have an answer one way or another

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2011, 12:36 PM
I can't see anyway he will choose us unfortunately, but it is important to remember that we would have to make him top earner if he were to sign and he has an horrendous injury record - at 28, he has only played 204 club games in his whole career, and a pathetic 38 since he left Hearts FIVE years ago. Even in his good season at Dundee Utd he only managed 26 appearances.

The definitive post on this issue, which has saved me backploughing though ten pages, so many thanks for that.

At 28, AW's injury problems will only get worse as wear and tear digs in. If he is using us to leaverage more cash from the Yams to recline on their treatment table for a couple of years, then good luck to him. Happy to be of service, Andy.

blackpoolhibs
03-02-2011, 01:09 PM

I feel the same, although if we have the type of money available he would command, i think we should be able to get a decent central defender in, if not now in the summer.

--------
03-02-2011, 01:13 PM
I feel the same, although if we have the type of money available he would command, i think we should be able to get a decent central defender in, if not now in the summer.

Webster ain't the only fish in the sea. :agree:

J-C
03-02-2011, 01:15 PM
In the EEN CC said Webster has been offered terms and now it's uo to him who he chooses, CC also said that a player of Websters ability is very welcome at ER and would add a great deal to the club.

So all very positive from our side of things and hopefully Webster can see that at least he'll be very welcome here and the manager and the club want him, sometimes all a player needs is to be wanted at a club, fingers crossed.

al bundy
03-02-2011, 01:16 PM
I think he would cause unrest in the camp if we got him, mind you i don't think we could get anywhere near his wage tbh

A would be just as happy for him to drain the jumbos from the medical wards

Hibiza
03-02-2011, 01:20 PM
c'mon Rod , push the boat out. Quality centre back.

aberhibsfc
03-02-2011, 02:01 PM
I think he would cause unrest in the camp if we got him, mind you i don't think we could get anywhere near his wage tbh

He shouldn't cause any trouble in the camp if he brings his own tent and doesn't pee in the wrong place.

All this talk of fish in the sea and pushing boats out, is this thread turning out to be an episode of Trawlermen?

--------
03-02-2011, 02:13 PM
He shouldn't cause any trouble in the camp if he brings his own tent and doesn't pee in the wrong place.

All this talk of fish in the sea and pushing boats out, is this thread turning out to be an episode of Trawlermen?

The boy cumsfae Arbroath.

But I understand CC's determined to cast his nets widely, then wait and see what the tide brings in. :wink:

ancient hibee
03-02-2011, 02:14 PM

Well it is Hibsnet

iwasthere1972
03-02-2011, 02:28 PM

Our scouts are currently watching Ryan Babbel, Prawn Wright Phillips, Sébastien Bassong and Sole Campbell. Think if Hibs can land at least one of them it will be a real catch.

C'mon the puns. :cool2:

--------
03-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Our scouts are currently watching Ryan Babbel, Prawn Wright Phillips, Sébastien Bassong and Sole Campbell. Think if Hibs can land at least one of them it will be a real catch.

C'mon the puns. :cool2:

A FISH THREAD! GOODY-GOODY-GUMDROPS!!!!!!!!!!

Do you really think Cod Petrie would free up the cash for any of those guys?

YehButNoBut
03-02-2011, 02:41 PM
All this Webster talk is just a red herring, I'm sure we will have bigger fish to fry. :cool2:

down the slope
03-02-2011, 02:41 PM
You got me floundering already !.

Franck Stanton
03-02-2011, 02:42 PM

Been reported Webster is weighing up all the offers he has been made and will announce his decision on Friday.

[Edit ; oops - silly me didn;t notice this has already been replied to.]

Simon70
03-02-2011, 02:43 PM
A FISH THREAD! GOODY-GOODY-GUMDROPS!!!!!!!!!!

Do you really think Cod Petrie would free up the cash for any of those guys?

Connor Salmon would have been a good signing but I think we've haddock, because he's signed for Wigan - not that I want to be accused of carping or anything pike that.

TRC
03-02-2011, 02:45 PM
We do need a new sKipper tho?

Simon70
03-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Maybe we could bring back Ray "the crab" Wilkins? Or is that a shellfish idea?

Aubenas
03-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Can somebody tell me if this is trolling or trawling - after all it is Hibs NET.........:taxi

fatbloke
03-02-2011, 02:53 PM
We still need to replace Sole Bamba although we cod reach the end of the season with nobody new in plaice.

Greentinted
03-02-2011, 02:59 PM
All this speculation is all well and good but it may be subject to approval from Lexo Salmon(d) and wee Nicky Sturgeon - The coats on...

As for AW, a decent aquisition if he came on board, particularly in terms of making a statement of intent!

fatbloke
03-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Has our own fishman no got any info? I'm sure the press will be packed like sardines in a room to hear his decision. If he signs will CC leap like a salmon in the air? Will all Hibbies have a whale of a time celebrating? Does he like shark soup? Is Mardy Fish's real name Mardy? Time to go lie down!

Jim44
03-02-2011, 04:02 PM
This thread is now about Andy Lobster

matty_f
03-02-2011, 04:05 PM

*warning no fish pun contained in this post*

Why would he cause unrest? He didn't upset the dressing room at Rangers or Utd.:confused:

(note - if he signs for the Yams he can justifiably be known as a trouble-maker.FACT).

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-02-2011, 04:30 PM
We need a trout and out defender who knows his plaice. Like John Scales. Tackle? Yes, but not to perch further up the pitch. No nice guy, a real bass will do.

Kaiser1962
03-02-2011, 04:33 PM
*warning no fish pun contained in this post*

Why would he cause unrest? He didn't upset the dressing room at Rangers or Utd.:confused:

(note - if he signs for the Yams he can justifiably be known as a trouble-maker.FACT).

Think he means the wages he would be (percieved) to be on. High wages are normal at Rangers and Rangers paid his wages (mostly) at United.

Although the signing is unlikely he has actually spoken to us. Maybe just being polite tough.

basehibby
03-02-2011, 04:59 PM
We need a trout and out defender who knows his plaice. Like John Scales. Tackle? Yes, but not to perch further up the pitch. No nice guy, a real bass will do.

:agree: Someone to partner Ian Moray in the heart of defence

aberhibsfc
03-02-2011, 05:00 PM
As well as Andy Webbedfeet, what about the lad that played for Hibs & Falkirk - Shoal-omni or Fish 'Tank' Hurtado.

We could maybe entice Cantona for a team talk about seagulls and fishermen.

It's not like Pedders is a lone shark or a mean Tuna well he doesn't do it on porpoise, he just doesn't like dolphin in.

ancienthibby
03-02-2011, 05:29 PM
El Chico reporting Webster has indeed signed for The Lost Yambolinos!

flash
03-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Aye the big poof has signed for Hertz.

Zazu62
Mate saying that hes signed for hertz

robinhood

On our official site, 2and 1/2 year deal.

Andy74

Wouldn't be surprised. You think any of them look at the debt and wonder, how long? Probably not with the money they chuck at them.

Been happening since Webster signed the first time. TQM could confirm but Webster was set to sign for Utd until Hearts made an offer. Robinsons first offer was way above what the agent was going to ask for! They've always looked after their cash!l

SRHibs
03-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Really good signing for them TBF. Hearts have a strong team at the moment.

Dunbar Hibee
03-02-2011, 05:39 PM
**** him :greengrin

Dr Jimmy
03-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Officially a jambo. Isn't it amazing what people forget when offered money.

lyonhibs
03-02-2011, 05:41 PM
*******s!!!

That strengthens them big style, make no mistake!!

500miles
03-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Webster would have been a damn good player for us if we had have got him.
However, we didn't. Hopefully Sodje will enjoy clattering him a couple of times and we can dig up a younger, promising centre half, in the vein of the players we have already recruited.

iwasthere1972
03-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Not Hibs class anyway.

Hopefully he'll spend most of his time on the Yams treatment table while adding to their multi million pound debt.

Love the Green
03-02-2011, 05:56 PM
This is a strange one to me.
I appreciate we need abit of experience in defence to help the young players develop.
I also agree Webster is a good player BUT.

Why would the huns let him go when they have transferred Wilson this season,Weir must be about to retire soon and Boughera is always mentioned in transfer talk.

So if this guy is sooo good why would the huns let him go to the dogs for free?

Just hope is ongoing injury problems dont disapear.

"keep the faith"

Jim44
03-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Up until an hour or so Webster was the **** of the earth in the eyes of 90% of Jambos on KB. He's now literally the second coming. They could have had a chance for a real gloat at us but their vociferous and public loathing of the player cancels out any one-upmanship they might have had. I still wish we had signed him.:greengrin

Ray_
03-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Up until an hour or so Webster was the **** of the earth in the eyes of 90% of Jambos on KB. He's now literally the second coming. They could have had a chance for a real gloat at us but their vociferous and public loathing of the player cancels out any one-upmanship they might have had. I still wish we had signed him.:greengrin

The fact we wanted him would have had a big say in his new found status on KB.

.Sean.
03-02-2011, 06:16 PM
He's a decent player who will improve them. I'd liked to have signed him but i'll not be loosing sleep over Hearts getting Webster.

He's an absolute crock and they'll be lucky to get 20-odd games out of him in a good season.

BEEJ
03-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Hopefully he'll spend most of his time on the Yams treatment table while adding to their multi million pound debt.
:agree: Indeed.

So if this guy is sooo good why would the huns let him go to the dogs for free?

Just hope is ongoing injury problems dont disapear.

Not at all surprised that he didn't come to Hibs but I do hope that his long-running injury problems now flare up big time. :greengrin

Jim44
03-02-2011, 06:18 PM

Maybe a bit of that. But I think they really detest him for the treatment of the club and Romanov back then.

Scorrie
03-02-2011, 06:19 PM
He is rubbish anyway...:wink:

Anyway if we offering the sort of money some were quoting I am sure that we could get a good CH who isnt injured most of the time

truehibernian
03-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Good player, they were always landing him IMHO.

Nothing to be at all bothered about or disheartened though. Given the brief viewings of CC's signings, for me, it is clear he has an eye for a player. If the centre half area is being looked at I am 100% confident CC and DA will identify someone very good.

I still have high hopes for young David Stephens, but admittedly we could do with an experienced, commanding, leading centre half.

Springbank
03-02-2011, 06:29 PM
between Darren Barr and Webster, there's around 10% of Hearts' season ticket money going into their pockets.

I'd be surprised if they play 10 games between them.

In each case they could have joined the Yams for much cheaper if Hibs hadn't declared an interest.

sometimes a poker player can win even when it looks to the rest of the table like they have just lost a hand :wink:

Carheenlea
03-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Whatever happened in the past with Webster and Hearts is inconsequential.

As soon as Hibs were in with a chance of signing him, Hearts were never going to let that happen.

Good player, but never worth the inflated salary that Hearts will no doubt be paying to ensure that would be the case.

BroxburnHibee
03-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Least surprising news ever IMHO.

No doubt history will be re-written immediately and he'll be a returning hero before too long..

Was always going to sign for them.

PeterboroHibee
03-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Is a great signing for Hearts, their squad is ridiculously good now imo.

Bit gutted we didnt get him, would have made a huge difference to our defence and hes the sort of player we really need alongside Hanlon. Hopefully CC has something else up his sleeve as we do need another CB.

Spike Mandela
03-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Don't get me wrong I am liking the look of our new signings but I think Hearts have trumped us in the transfer stakes with this one.

They may have lots of debt but I feel they are building a squad that they are going to make quite a bit of money on in future transfers.

Shrekko
03-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Would have been nice to have him but us offering what we can afford is good enough for me. Ultimately it would never match Hearts offering what they CAN'T afford but such is life.

The hope was that the boy had morals but that is a forlorn hope these days.

Let them keep committing financial suicide. It'll start to hurt them more than it hurts us. If Barr and Webster are earning 15-20k a week between them and they already have Zaliukas and Bouzid then it's jut madness.

Pedantic_Hibee
03-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Would have loved him at Hibs and just because he's signed for them I won't change my view on him as a player.

However, as I mentioned earlier, if he wasn't gonna sign for us I hoped it would be them just to see their fans slithering back down the track and hero-worship him. Within two games all will be forgiven no doubt. Hilariously spineless, the lot of them.

matty_f
03-02-2011, 06:44 PM

:agree: Football fans are fickle as anything anyway. Webster was always going to sign for the Yams, the difference in wages will run into hundreds of thousands of pounds over the course of the deal to what we'd have offered.

They'll forgive him quickly in the same way that everyone forgave Ian Murray quickly here, all it will take is a crunching tackle or a commanding header and everything will be fine between fans and player.

Good bit of business for the Yams, I have to say. He is exactly what we could have done with at Hibs, however there are many, many more centre backs about that could do a job for us, Webster would have been good but that's not to say that better isn't available.

matty_f
03-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Least surprising news ever IMHO.

No doubt history will be re-written immediately and he'll be a returning hero before too long..

Was always going to sign for them.
:agree: Said it as soon as it became apparent they were in for him. It's a no brainer, really. Much more money, team challenging at the top and practically guaranteed European football, or good money and the chance to play what probably will be bottom 6 football for the rest of the season.

The biggest surprise is that it took him so long to decide.

Stewboy
03-02-2011, 06:48 PM
Sold in the summer to get vlad his money back from last time???

one day maybe...
03-02-2011, 06:50 PM
13 pages cow tailing to a now Jambo Tawser :greengrin
Delete the thread as it is of no use now and will only serve to allow the Jamboids to laugh at how some fans hoored themselves after his signing :wink:

E.T. is a Hibee
03-02-2011, 06:53 PM
It's for the best, the guy a Hearts player and always will be!

The fact he has re-signed for them also tells us how much integrity the guy has. Our club is moving forward their's aint!

Sit back and watch them unravel when the Fertz hit a bad patch which they will!

I have a feeling that it's coming!

Hibs07p
03-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Mad Vlad hasn't done anything to upset the yams for a while, everything is going great for them, they're romping home in 3rd place and just snatched Webster from their closest rivals, although I don't think he would have ever come to us. I don't believe Vlad is the forgiving type, will he allow FJK to play him? Or is it just a simple case of his registration going via Lithuainia, for a fee of course?

E.T. is a Hibee
03-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Mad Vlad hasn't done anything to upset the yams for a while, everything is going great for them, they're romping home in 3rd place and just snatched Webster from their closest rivals, although I don't think he would have ever come to us. I don't believe Vlad is the forgiving type, will he allow FJK to play him? Or is it just a simple case of his registration going via Lithuainia, for a fee of course?

The guys a crook and this deal show this. What type of player goes back to an employer that tried to ruin their career. His case was heard in one of the highest courts in the land FFS.

They are a bunch of amatuers!

GreenCastle
03-02-2011, 07:51 PM
:agree: Football fans are fickle as anything anyway. Webster was always going to sign for the Yams, the difference in wages will run into hundreds of thousands of pounds over the course of the deal to what we'd have offered.

They'll forgive him quickly in the same way that everyone forgave Ian Murray quickly here, all it will take is a crunching tackle or a commanding header and everything will be fine between fans and player.

Good bit of business for the Yams, I have to say. He is exactly what we could have done with at Hibs, however there are many, many more centre backs about that could do a job for us, Webster would have been good but that's not to say that better isn't available.

Not for one 1 minute did I ever think he was coming here.

Money talks - plus European football on offer next season.

killie-hibby
03-02-2011, 07:54 PM
:agree: Said it as soon as it became apparent they were in for him. It's a no brainer, really. Much more money, team challenging at the top and practically guaranteed European football, or good money and the chance to play what probably will be bottom 6 football for the rest of the season.

The biggest surprise is that it took him so long to decide.

He did take a long time to decide. The indecision was triggered by Hibs up to yesterday afternoon offering more money than Hearts.

matty_f
03-02-2011, 08:04 PM
He did take a long time to decide. The indecision was triggered by Hibs up to yesterday afternoon offering more money than Hearts.

:thumbsup: Good effort from Hibs then. Good to see the manager getting backed with what must have been a not inconsiderable amount of money.

Need to move on to the next target now, in that case.

3pm
03-02-2011, 08:13 PM
The real good news is that Barr is further down the pecking order on a reported £5000 a week. 2 years left after this one so just the half million to pay him off. More cash gone.

.Sean.
03-02-2011, 08:16 PM
The real good news is that Barr is further down the pecking order on a reported £5000 a week. 2 years left after this one so just the half million to pay him off. More cash gone.
I heard Barr is actually on around £8000 a week.

3pm
03-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I heard Barr is actually on around £8000 a week.

All the better.

SaulGoodman
03-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Never liked him, he's pish :greengrin

h1bs4life
03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
Not sure what we were offering , might have been a good signing to help to the end of the season. Seen on another site that at the age of 28 he has only played 204 club games in his whole career, 38 since he left the yams FIVE years ago. Even at Dundee Utd he only managed 26 appearances.Too risky to give a 2 1/2 year contract. Another cental defender would have been good during transfer window, now this season is all about staying up , getting rid of most of the out of contract players getting new players in when there is more available in the summer

Sir David Gray
03-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Pity, he would have been a good signing for us.

I just hope now that Ian Murray puts him into the stand during the last derby. :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
03-02-2011, 08:45 PM
A no brainer for him joining Hearts as ultimately, Tynecastle is much closer to the Spiders at Haymarket.

3pm
03-02-2011, 08:49 PM
A no brainer for him joining Hearts as ultimately, Tynecastle is much closer to the Spiders at Haymarket.

Good bus service.

johnrebus
03-02-2011, 08:50 PM
Hearts now have a squad about the same size as the population of a small country and a wage bill that would feed most African countries for years.

They are piling debt upon debt, upon debt. Sooner or later something has to give.

:cool2:

Nakedmanoncrack
03-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Sold in the summer to get vlad his money back from last time???

To who?
He's had chance after chance to be play at a higher level, and been found so unable to do it that Rangers were prepared to show him the door just to get rid of him, without even getting a nominal fee. Nobody would touch him in the future. Dundee Utd/Hearts is (the peak of) his level, he's never going to be wanted by anyone with money to spend.

NOLA
04-02-2011, 02:05 AM
no surprise really, they bams can offer money they dont have lol:wink:

CapitalHibs
04-02-2011, 02:30 AM
Why are we even talking about pissing away thousands on Webster when we have a terrific young prospect in David Stephens?

Sunny1875
04-02-2011, 03:05 AM
Do you think if we declare an interest in Puyol it could finally bankrupt the Yams ?

s.a.m
04-02-2011, 05:24 AM
Do you think if we declare an interest in Puyol it could finally bankrupt the Yams ?

I think that we should actively pursue this strategy.:agree:

sam armstrong
04-02-2011, 07:13 AM
All the better.

Half that.

down the slope
04-02-2011, 07:32 AM
I think Webster is the sort of level we should be looking at for a centre half , he could have been ok if he stays fit but why should things change just because he moves club ?. I think we maybe offered him less because of the fitness thing and that is fair enough , i would rather we get better value for the money than him.

BSEJVT
04-02-2011, 07:52 AM
I think it says everything you need to know about webster that he has been prepared to sit, take the cash and watch for years rather than push on in his career.

The fact that he is prepared to return to a club whose owner and fans abused him and his family merely reinforces this.

We are trying to get rid of the wage thief culture at er.

Is there a worse example of it than webster?

JimBHibees
04-02-2011, 08:34 AM
The guys a crook and this deal show this. What type of player goes back to an employer that tried to ruin their career. His case was heard in one of the highest courts in the land FFS.

The most pertinent point I think, more money or not.

hibsbollah
04-02-2011, 04:26 PM
I think it says everything you need to know about webster that he has been prepared to sit, take the cash and watch for years rather than push on in his career.

The fact that he is prepared to return to a club whose owner and fans abused him and his family merely reinforces this.

We are trying to get rid of the wage thief culture at er.

Is there a worse example of it than webster?

sesoim
04-02-2011, 05:13 PM
It's fair enough everybody slagging off Webster now that he has joined Hearts. He'll get all he deserves there. But we DO still need a CB ourselves, desperately, in case anybody has forgotten.

Anybody think we will find an out of contract CB soon, or are we just going to have to hope for the best with Dickoh, Hanlon and co for the rest of the season?

Jim44
04-02-2011, 05:16 PM
It's fair enough everybody slagging off Webster now that he has joined Hearts. He'll get all he deserves there. But we DO still need a CB ourselves, desperately, in case anybody has forgotten.

Anybody think we will find an out of contract CB soon, or are we just going to have to hope for the best with Dickoh, Hanlon and co for the rest of the season?

Being realistic, it's hard to see us picking up an available, quality CB at this time of the year. I think we have to make survival with what we've got the top priority.

NOLA
05-02-2011, 01:20 AM
was a no brainer he would choose hertz over us, time to close thread methinks