PDA

View Full Version : It is all about building for next season

FitbaFolkKen
31-01-2011, 10:34 PM
January is always poor value, the majority of transfers happen in the summer. Let's be honest this year is a write-off, if these guys improve the team and give us a bit of positive momentum towards the end of the season then these signings will have achieved what they were meant to.

Once the contracts are done and the CC and DA can bring in more of their own guys in the summer then we will really see where they can, or can't, take our club.

I felt better about the team after Sundays performance, gonna go along on Wednesday and see us take our first 3 points in a long time! :agree:

Sammy7nil
31-01-2011, 10:57 PM
It is ALL about staying in this League this season :agree:

sixtwo
31-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Totally disagree. How can we think about next season when we do not know where we will be playing? It is all about SAVING THIS SEASON.

The board have not realised this. They have been tight. they have gone for the cheap option as they always do.

I am totally fed up with this. I am fed up with mediocrity. Fed up with with false hopes. Fes up with trampy neighbours showing more ambition. Fed up with handing over cash for a crap product

****ing fed up with hibs

FitbaFolkKen
31-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Surely 6 signings show an indication we want to ensure we retain our SPL status, there is nothing to save from this season. Do enough to stay up and move on.

Steady the ship now and do the rebuilding properly in the summer.

greenlex
31-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Totally disagree. How can we think about next season when we do not know where we will be playing? It is all about SAVING THIS SEASON.

The board have not realised this. They have been tight. they have gone for the cheap option as they always do.

I am totally fed up with this. I am fed up with mediocrity. Fed up with with false hopes. Fes up with trampy neighbours showing more ambition. Fed up with handing over cash for a crap product

****ing fed up with hibs
A couple of wins and you will be fine. Who did you expect to sign?

monktonharp
31-01-2011, 11:37 PM
A couple of wins and you will be fine. Who did you expect to sign?Ithink it will take more than a couple of wins to make people "fine" but I will be along midweek,having been totally pissed off of late about Hibernian. they are still my team, and live in hope(again) that we can get out of this mess and gradually improve toward next season. i'm not really impressed with any of the newcomers but nor have I actually seen them. will go along and lend my support though and hope that more fans do midweek.

sixtwo
31-01-2011, 11:46 PM
A couple of wins and you will be fine. Who did you expect to sign?

I hoped to be surprised. I know we have been very frugal in the past but I remember years gone by when we paid for players like keith wright, paul wright or andy goram. I thought the people at hibs would realise from a footballing and a business stance we needed a quality signing or two. I would have liked to see us go for a recognised defender like webster. He would have helped to keep the door closed at the bak. That would have been us half way there. I would also have liked to see us sign a striker from a reaasonable league (championship squad player, EPL reserve, european top flight in france, holland sweden who is out of contract) someone who would have made me think 'wait a minute, thats a player i'll pay to see. a player that would make the other players in the squad say 'hey,
we mean business'.

But naw. We get youth players, first division unknowns, english lower legue unknowns and thats our lot. If hibs fans come on and tell me we have bought quality they are kidding themselves on. If they had heard of any of the signed players and thought 'i'd like to see him in a hibs shirt' I'll eat ma hat! some will lie and say that they thought martin scott was brilliant but the truth is, martin scott would have been way down the list of players they wanted from Ross county!

I have every reason to feel fed up. I feel like rod has personally abused me.

I'm away to weep and scrub myself in the shower!

Dunkin' Donut
31-01-2011, 11:48 PM
January is always poor value, the majority of transfers happen in the summer. Let's be honest this year is a write-off, if these guys improve the team and give us a bit of positive momentum towards the end of the season then these signings will have achieved what they were meant to.

Once the contracts are done and the CC and DA can bring in more of their own guys in the summer then we will really see where they can, or can't, take our club.

I felt better about the team after Sundays performance, gonna go along on Wednesday and see us take our first 3 points in a long time! :agree:

really? im the exact opposite. their keeper had very few saves to make and we let in 3 soft goals (same old story im afraid) pathetic, hopeless and all together what i expected.