PDA

View Full Version : Urgent FAO Petrie

Disco Dave
31-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Do us all a favour and just walk, that was our last shot at staying in the league and he's blown it IMO.

hibees707070
31-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Spot on

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2011, 11:14 PM
He's taken a big, big risk :agree:

Hibeescott
Do us all a favour and just walk, that was our last shot at staying in the league and he's blown it IMO.

Have we not signed 6 players?? Some folk really need to get realistic!

HibsMax
Really? Your opinion constitutes an URGENT thread? LOL.

cabbageandribs1875
31-01-2011, 11:16 PM
pmsl@urgent

HibsMax
31-01-2011, 11:16 PM
The ONLY way this window would have been successful to some fans is if we signed only the players on their short-list. Nothing else will do.

I guess that's it all over for another year.

Sigh...

the_ginger_hibee
31-01-2011, 11:17 PM

No goals in 2011...we needed a quality striker. Possibly even spend some real cash raked in from January deals. We didn't.

The main weakness is up-front, why haven't we attempted to fix it? (31 year old 'journeymen' need not apply)

marinello59
31-01-2011, 11:18 PM
:agree:

I wondered how long it would take for the first Petrie thread to start once the window shut. :greengrin

Hiber-nation
31-01-2011, 11:18 PM
I'm not happy with the quality of the forward and the lack of centre backs but you'd think it was the last day of the season and we were 3 points behind Hamilton with a worse goal difference or something. Let's see what Wednesday brings.

ScottB
31-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Christ you get the feeling some folk are just sitting around hoping for us to go down so they can bitch, moan and scream 'I told you so!!'

Simply put, this is what we've got now, whether you like it or not. Do we get behind them and hopefully cheer them on to survival, or do we boo them, moan and get exactly what folk are moaning about?

O'Brien[11]
The players we have brought in is a joke! Complete unkowns and haven't made a name for themselves! They may be good, but we need a bit class and leadership in the team the now, and that's just not good enough! We need a goalscorer and a commanding centre half! And we haven't got either! Akpo sodje a hope does well but not good enough imo!

hibs0666
Only 12 miutes from the window closing to the first Petrie must go thread - that's efficient.

Devine
31-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Absolutely disgraceful showing from the board again. We bring in circa £500k for guys who are out of contract at the end of the season and we spend less than a fifth of that on transfer fees.

We needed quality input urgently and that costs a bit there were options and we neglected to do anything about it.

We are getting absolutely mugged

IWasThere2016
31-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Only 12 miutes from the window closing to the first Petrie must go thread - that's efficient.

I actually thought it was sloppy - I thought at least one poster would have had a draft thread at the ready for 23:01 :greengrin

chrisski33
laughable thread!

HibsMax
;2721226"]The players we have brought in is a joke! Complete unkowns and haven't made a name for themselves! They may be good, but we need a bit class and leadership in the team the now, and that's just not good enough! We need a goalscorer and a commanding centre half! And we haven't got either! Akpo sodje a hope does well but not good enough imo!

Really? The new guys who started on Sunday seemed to get high praise indeed. Far from being a joke I would say.

Actually, there's no point in even discussing this with you. Why?

;2721226"]The players we have brought in is a joke!
and

;2721226"]They may be good

So which is it? Are they a joke or are they good? Do you even want to give them the time to show us?

Cameron1875
31-01-2011, 11:23 PM
laughable thread!

Explain to me how its laughable. Do you find the league table funny like?

We have recieved 500k and spent 100k. And still they send us emails about hospitability packages, catalogues wanting us to buy all the **** merchandise whilst we are getting taken for a ride.

marinello59
31-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Absolutely disgraceful showing from the board again. We bring in circa £500k for guys who are out of contract at the end of the season and we spend less than a fifth of that on transfer fees.

We needed quality input urgently and that costs a bit there were options and we neglected to do anything about it.

We are getting absolutely mugged

Interesting. What were they then and in what way was there neglect.?

Devine
laughable thread!

Laughable thread or laughable transfer policy??

If you cant see we needed serious investment then you need your head examined

HibsMax
Explain to me how its laughable. Do you find the league table funny like?

This thread isn't about the league table though, is it? It's about the dealings in the January transfer window.

It's barely closed. Surely the success or failure of our dealings should be based upon the performance of the team with these new signings, not on knee jerk reactions?

FitbaFolkKen
31-01-2011, 11:26 PM
6 new players, let's give the boys a chance before we decide if we are doomed and the players aren't good enough.......:hnet:

HibsMax

If you cant see we needed serious investment then you need your head examined

I want to examine your head. Seriously. I mean how do you know how the new team will shape up and perform? Or don't you care and would rather just make assumptions?

Taz_hibee
Our midfield has been the problem for years, dont create chances for the forwards & dont protect the defence, he has signed what will hopefully be decent players to remedy this & a target man to replace Nish as well as a keeper to replace Smith :thumbsup:

Devine
This thread isn't about the league table though, is it? It's about the dealings in the January transfer window.

It's barely closed. Surely the success or failure of our dealings should be based upon the performance of the team with these new signings, not on knee jerk reactions?

Will give the new guys every chance but lets not kid ourselves they are cheap bargain basement signings.

We needed proper investment for players who were going to come in and make an insant impact and lift the dwindling support we havent done any of that

Jonnyboy
31-01-2011, 11:27 PM
No goals in 2011...we needed a quality striker. Possibly even spend some real cash raked in from January deals. We didn't.

The main weakness is up-front, why haven't we attempted to fix it? (31 year old 'journeymen' need not apply)

It's a weakness I agree but the main weakness is at centre half (Dickoh) and keeper (Smith) the way we ship so many goals we'd need Messi up front to ensure any points!

nortonhibby
31-01-2011, 11:27 PM

The man is a Misor it is in his blood he had the chance to splash the cash and bring in Steve Clark the cheap option will always win. CC ? You are having a laugh mr petrie i know he was cheap but:confused:

Wotherspiniesta
31-01-2011, 11:28 PM
How we doing knee jerk reaction thread?

The new signings looked good the other day and and we've brought in a keeper to compete with Brown whos not a) a flapping bombscare or b) constantly injured. And also brought in a 6'2 target man to replace Nish.

Not overwhelming signings, but some of the issues are being addressed at least.

sixtwo
31-01-2011, 11:28 PM
We used to laugh at hearts fans for having their heads in the sand. They used to swallow every line the board would sling them and we would mock and laugh at their predicament!

Now we are a ****ing laughing stock. We have taken in millions over the years. we sold a 20 odd goals a season striker to a rival. we got our captain off the wage bill, sold our only play maker and cashed in on our only international (and arguably our most influencial defender). We have also got another signing off the wage bill by loaning him back to a dutch club.

We replace these guys with a little known (don't start with the ***** that he ran the game against us and celtic, he is very average at best) first division player, a couple of youth players (one of which was released, the other loaned from a rival), a player who is struggling to find himself in the championship / league one and a fat nigerian nobody!

What a total joke! We are fighting relegation. Every hibs fan on here, beside you at the stadium and in the pub will tell you we need a striker and a defender.

You keep the sheckles in your pocket rod you tight asset stripping barsteward. If we go down you will be remembered in the same vein as wallace mercer!

givescotlandfreedom
31-01-2011, 11:30 PM
I think Sloppy's Lee Wallace.

The Harp Awakes
31-01-2011, 11:31 PM
We haven't scored a goal this year and we bring in a guy with a mediocre scoring record who can't get a game in the English 1st Division. At the same time we ship out probably the only creative player we have left in the squad in Zemamma.

Doesn't look good is putting it mildly.

A defeat on Wednesday and this place will be in meltdown.

Dunbar Hibee
Yeah. Well done Rod. Great job :aok::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Geo_1875

We could have spent the supposed 450k on Conor Sammon but I doubt we could compete with the wages Wigan offered him. Can you name a single "class" striker who's moved in this window that we could genuinely afford?

hibs0666
6 new players, let's give the boys a chance before we decide if we are doomed and the players aren't good enough.......:hnet:

7 if you add Booth to the mix.

marinello59
31-01-2011, 11:32 PM
This is kind of infectious. If you can't beat them.............

I'm so angry I'm gonna tear down the stadium with my bare hands. :grr:

5david5
Well done Rod. Not a signing I'd heard of!

But you've made a profit in a transfer window where we're 2 points off relegation

Ell_Chrisso
Its amazing how just one player (Rooney) changes everyones view on this window. Had we signed him, everythings rosey and everyone can get a good nights sleep, yet because we havent its all doom n gloom. What guarantees does this guy bring had he signed?

I will admit im pretty dissapointed with yet another poor performance for our tight fisted chairman, but lets back the new boys with everything in the next few BIG games for us that could define our clubs path in the near future

hibs0666
We haven't scored a goal this year and we bring in a guy with a mediocre scoring record who can't get a game in the English 1st Division. At the same time we ship out probably the only creative player we have left in the squad in Zemamma.

Doesn't look good is putting it mildly.

A defeat on Wednesday and this place will be in meltdown.

And if we win?

new malkyhib
31-01-2011, 11:33 PM

We are getting absolutely mugged:top marks

Spot on. Six players in, six out. Higher earners off the wage bill, and significant monies in. Add on the Stokes fee and we're in front again on transfers received/fees net to the tune of around £1.5m, yet no big ticket signings (by our standards).

The two laddies at full back have done brilliantly, however they're both stlll young, and both on the small side. We have an absolute liabilty at CH, and no ready-made replacement is brought in. Up front we've brought in a guy who you'd hardly class as "prolific" (I hope the guy does well BTW), but it's more hope than expectation.

This Board are playing a hard game with the supporters, and an even riskier hand with the clubs' future.

I hope for the club's sake we stay up. Whatever happens at the end of the season, there's BIG changes due at ER. Petrie's time is up.

degenerated
31-01-2011, 11:34 PM
The man is a Misor it is in his blood he had the chance to splash the cash and bring in Steve Clark the cheap option will always win. CC ? You are having a laugh mr petrie i know he was cheap but:confused:

didn't we have to pay a six figure sum for Calderwood, i'm sure there would have been cheaper options.

mikethehibee69
31-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Cmon guys and gals forgot the rubbish that has happened, yes we could have tried to get in a big name, but he didn't, at least give him a chance and lets all get behind our beloved Hibees and support them in numbers on Wednesday night, OUR season starts then, so stop being so bloody negative and get right behind the team, oh and a wee prayer wouldn't go a miss lol. :flag:GGTTH

sixtwo
31-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Its amazing how just one player (Rooney) changes everyones view on this window. Had we signed him, everythings rosey and everyone can get a good nights sleep, yet because we havent its all doom n gloom. What guarantees does this guy bring had he signed?

I will admit im pretty dissapointed with yet another poor performance for our tight fisted chairman, but lets back the new boys with everything in the next few BIG games for us that could define our clubs path in the near future

Rooney was never the answer. After selling stokes, zemamma and bamba. getting rid of hogg, de graff and others, i totally expected more investment.

Iff the board come out and say we have spent loads on transfers, made more investment than other teams blah blah blah, then they deserve to be shot!
They are liars. we have bought cheap. We have taken a risk on young unproven player. This is a cheap alternaltive.

It shows a total lack of ambition and I am totally and utterly disgusted with the board!

Anyone want to shoot me down like they have done in the last few days feel free. You are wrong. You are just as bad as the hearts yams with their heads in the sand!

Rod is rammin us!

sixtwo
31-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Cmon guys and gals forgot the rubbish that has happened, yes we could have tried to get in a big name, but he didn't, at least give him a chance and lets all get behind our beloved Hibees and support them in numbers on Wednesday night, OUR season starts then, so stop being so bloody negative and get right behind the team, oh and a wee prayer wouldn't go a miss lol. :flag:GGTTH

Rod?

Twa Cairpets
31-01-2011, 11:40 PM
We used to laugh at hearts fans for having their heads in the sand. They used to swallow every line the board would sling them and we would mock and laugh at their predicament! I still laugh at Hearts, and rightly so. Think of the phrases "Last hurrah" or "Indian summer"

Now we are a ****ing laughing stock. We have taken in millions over the years. we sold a 20 odd goals a season striker to a rival. Because he wanted to go. we got our captain off the wage bill, sold our only play maker who was almost permanently injured and cashed in on our only international (and arguably our most influencial defender) apart from Dickoh, of course.. We have also got another signing off the wage bill by loaning him back to a dutch club.

We replace these guys with a little known (don't start with the ***** that he ran the game against us and celtic, he is very average at best) first division player, a couple of youth players (one of which was released, the other loaned from a rival), a player who is struggling to find himself in the championship / league one and a fat nigerian nobody! Nowt like leaping to conclusions is there.
What a total joke! We are fighting relegation. Every hibs fan on here, beside you at the stadium and in the pub will tell you we need a striker and a defender. Is there maybe an argument that an ineffective midfield places unecessary pressure on a defence that is average and a strike force that doesnt get the ball in the right position or the right manner?
You keep the sheckles in your pocket rod you tight asset stripping barsteward. Asset stripping. Hmm. Care to explain that one? i reckon avoiding the club being liquidated and building what we have is probably the antithesis of asset stripping. If we go down you will be remembered in the same vein as wallace mercer! And in the distance we hear the flapping of white coats nearing your door...

What a load of unmitigated steaming keech.

the_ginger_hibee
We could have spent the supposed 450k on Conor Sammon but I doubt we could compete with the wages Wigan offered him. Can you name a single "class" striker who's moved in this window that we could genuinely afford?

:confused:

Er...Rooney? Leigh (on loan or pre-wolves deal)?

The Harp Awakes
And if we win?

It's a nice thought although you need to score a goal to win a game, which is difficult enough for Hibs, and then there's keeping them out:rolleyes:

5david5
31-01-2011, 11:41 PM

But you've made a profit in a transfer window where we're 2 points off relegation

Geo_1875
31-01-2011, 11:42 PM
:confused:

Er...Rooney? Leigh (on loan or pre-wolves deal)?

Who did Rooney sign for?

Iain G
31-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Hibs need really positive support right now so I hope to god most of you lot have now stopped attending games... :wink:

the_ginger_hibee
31-01-2011, 11:43 PM
It's a weakness I agree but the main weakness is at centre half (Dickoh) and keeper (Smith) the way we ship so many goals we'd need Messi up front to ensure any points!

I'd say Stephens is good enough cover, also have enough players that can fill that position Murray, Thicot etc.(not ideal or any great standard i'll give you that). Loved to have seen a strong C.Half come in of course, but we aren't in dire straits at the back yet.

The Goalkeeper situation is bizzare to me, we only need one keeper - Brown is that keeper. Stack - if fit, is an able enough back-up. The continued selection of Smith is strange as he is so poor. We dont need a keeper with Stack & Brown fully fit.

Personally the fact we haven't scored this year is evidence enough to me that its our poorest area. Nish - non-entity (being kind), Trakys - injured, Riordan - out of form, badly, Byrne - no pedigree & unproven. Have I missed anyone? A nice new proven striker could be the difference between SPL & DIV 1. We should have pulled out the stops to strengthen, in my opinion the weakest area.

ArmadaleHibs
31-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Only a complete and utter moron can see that this team needs major investment in strength with pedigree and faces needing signed. agree with many that one or two of the signings are of a very positive nature and will enhance the team. But you can buy as many defenders and midfielders as you want but it will not make the ball go in the net if the end product is not good enough. Im not saying Sodje isnt good enough but I am saying that its very disapointing that we are now relying on this man only. Obviously Deeks staying is a major boost to us but not neccessarliy to CC who may not see him as the answer.

Apparently the board read the threads on this site regularly. If thats the case, then they can see that nearly every hibs fan on here is not happy. We are to a certain extent arguing amongst ourselves and falling out with each others comments made. Whether we like some of the players brought in or players sold matters not a jot to the board in my opinion. It doesnt matter what we say or what we pole or what we want as supporters, for me the board have let us down tonight, big time.

There has been one or two players branded about in this transfer window that would probably have really boosted fans moral and of course brought possibly a lot more fans to ER on wednesday and the board knew who we all wanted and still we got nowhere.

Was rooney ever a possibility??? i guess we will never know!! If he was, and it becomes clear over the next few days that we stumbled over a deal cause we were afraid of a fee or a higher wage then im sure certain people will find the next few weeks at ER a very horrible place to work, made worse if we loose wednesday to ST Mirren.

Im hopefull that we will get out of this mess and i do have faith in CC. But i dont have any more faith in our board. We as fans will continue to argue whos right and wrong and even when we survive these arguements will never go. its the nature of a football fan. Its probably what makes it so enjoyable and at the same time annoying.

Lets see what happens over the next two or three days and weeks.

I love being a hibby, but i sometimes hate it too

Interesting times or what?????

SmokieJoe
31-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Christ you get the feeling some folk are just sitting around hoping for us to go down so they can bitch, moan and scream 'I told you so!!'

Simply put, this is what we've got now, whether you like it or not. Do we get behind them and hopefully cheer them on to survival, or do we boo them, moan and get exactly what folk are moaning about?
:agree::agree:

Pretty Boy
This is kind of infectious. If you can't beat them.............

I'm so angry I'm gonna tear down the stadium with my bare hands. :grr:

I'm going to scribble 'Petrie and Calderwood must go' on a pillow case and display it at ER on Wednesday.

After all we have signed a few players that no one on hibs.net has heard of and given the extensive scouting networks these individual posters must have this must mean said players are rubbish.

mikethehibee69
Rod?

If u think I was talking about Rod u were wrong I was talking about CC, I dont particualry like RP and his reluctance to spend serious money on players and have said this in past posts, I am not a RP sympathiser I just want the fans who are being so bloody negative to shut up and get behind the team and that means big numbers of fans at ER on wednesday night to cheer the team on.

marinello59
31-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Only a complete and utter moron can see that this team needs major investment in strength with pedigree and faces needing signed.

I am not so sure this is what you intended to post. :greengrin

SmokieJoe
Really? The new guys who started on Sunday seemed to get high praise indeed. Far from being a joke I would say.

Actually, there's no point in even discussing this with you. Why?

and

So which is it? Are they a joke or are they good? Do you even want to give them the time to show us?
:top marks 'nuff of these so called fans opinions:agree::agree:

sixtwo
If u think I was talking about Rod u were wrong I was talking about CC, I dont particualry like RP and his reluctance to spend serious money on players and have said this in past posts, I am not a RP sympathiser I just want the fans who are being so bloody negative to shut up and get behind the team and that means big numbers of fans at ER on wednesday night to cheer the team on.

Fair play. I was optomistic about wednesday too (until tonight). You are right, we need to get on with it.

It is **** tho

Arch Stanton
31-01-2011, 11:49 PM

Oh ffs - the team you so dearly support are in no way going to get relegated.

And neither are Hibs for that matter!

northgreen24
31-01-2011, 11:50 PM
We used to laugh at hearts fans for having their heads in the sand. They used to swallow every line the board would sling them and we would mock and laugh at their predicament!

Now we are a ****ing laughing stock. We have taken in millions over the years. we sold a 20 odd goals a season striker to a rival. we got our captain off the wage bill, sold our only play maker and cashed in on our only international (and arguably our most influencial defender). We have also got another signing off the wage bill by loaning him back to a dutch club.

We replace these guys with a little known (don't start with the ***** that he ran the game against us and celtic, he is very average at best) first division player, a couple of youth players (one of which was released, the other loaned from a rival), a player who is struggling to find himself in the championship / league one and a fat nigerian nobody!

What a total joke! We are fighting relegation. Every hibs fan on here, beside you at the stadium and in the pub will tell you we need a striker and a defender.

You keep the sheckles in your pocket rod you tight asset stripping barsteward. If we go down you will be remembered in the same vein as wallace mercer!

We were crying out for a striker of a bit of quality but surley no one thinks a journyman is the answer dont we allready have Trakys (the only lithuanian not to be signed by hearts)

this is no knee jerk reaction this is a realisation that 1.5 million in agian (stokes remember him!!!!) so we will be in profit again this year but big loss next in the 1st division

Iain G
31-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Only a complete and utter moron can see that this team needs major investment in strength with pedigree and faces needing signed. agree with many that one or two of the signings are of a very positive nature and will enhance the team. But you can buy as many defenders and midfielders as you want but it will not make the ball go in the net if the end product is not good enough. Im not saying Sodje isnt good enough but I am saying that its very disapointing that we are now relying on this man only. Obviously Deeks staying is a major boost to us but not neccessarliy to CC who may not see him as the answer.

Apparently the board read the threads on this site regularly. If thats the case, then they can see that nearly every hibs fan on here is not happy. We are to a certain extent arguing amongst ourselves and falling out with each others comments made. Whether we like some of the players brought in or players sold matters not a jot to the board in my opinion. It doesnt matter what we say or what we pole or what we want as supporters, for me the board have let us down tonight, big time.

There has been one or two players branded about in this transfer window that would probably have really boosted fans moral and of course brought possibly a lot more fans to ER on wednesday and the board knew who we all wanted and still we got nowhere.

Was rooney ever a possibility??? i guess we will never know!! If he was, and it becomes clear over the next few days that we stumbled over a deal cause we were afraid of a fee or a higher wage then im sure certain people will find the next few weeks at ER a very horrible place to work, made worse if we loose wednesday to ST Mirren.

Im hopefull that we will get out of this mess and i do have faith in CC. But i dont have any more faith in our board. We as fans will continue to argue whos right and wrong and even when we survive these arguements will never go. its the nature of a football fan. Its probably what makes it so enjoyable and at the same time annoying.

Lets see what happens over the next two or three days and weeks.

I love being a hibby, but i sometimes hate it too

Interesting times or what?????

The view is short term to ensure survival, however we also don't want lumbered by signing players for the sake of signing them. We have brought in 6 players in this window who have got to be an improvement on the dross we have had this last year, some like Palsson with a good pedigree and are young and hungry and have a bit of the fight we need.

I don't doubt we tried to do more business, as did all clubs, and there will be reasons for the signings we made as well as those we didn't get. We have all been crying out for a proper target man upfront, sounds like we got one, yet still we bloody moan...

We need to get these guys in and bedded into the team ASAP and give them our support, what hasn't happened today isn't relevant anymore, forget it, what matters is getting behind Hibs as much as we can and ensuring that they have a positive and charge atmosphere at Easter Road and on our travels to help us ALL get out of this mess. :agree:

new malkyhib
31-01-2011, 11:55 PM
Hibs need really positive support right now so I hope to god most of you lot have now stopped attending games... :wink:

Take your heid oot the sand pal...we've not addressed the areas that needed most attention, namely CH and CF - this is despite bringing in decent monies again in this window and the last one...

I don't know what it's going to take to get the message through to our Chairman - "attendances" of 5-6k in the First Division maybe?

An attractive midweek game v Morton/Stirling Albion will maybe allow him to shut 3 sides of the ground and he can sit in the main stand with his abacus and proudly survey the wind whistling round a 1/4 full ground.

greenlex
31-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Great thread. I have this mental image of Petrie slipping diwn the bank with a big bag if cash to deposit in HIS account.

HNA5
01-02-2011, 12:00 AM
If everyone could post without breaking the forum rules and not having to have Admin delete them, that would be great :aok:

:wink:

turn and burn
01-02-2011, 12:01 AM
;2721226"]The players we have brought in is a joke! Complete unkowns and haven't made a name for themselves! They may be good, but we need a bit class and leadership in the team the now, and that's just not good enough! We need a goalscorer and a commanding centre half! And we haven't got either! Akpo sodje a hope does well but not good enough imo!

top flight players dont want to be in a relegation battle though

Saorsa
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/scrooge.gif

Disco Dave
Great thread. I have this mental image of Petrie slipping diwn the bank with a big bag if cash to deposit in HIS account.

Wouldn't surprise me.

lucky
01-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Sodje is not a prolific goal scorer. His job will be to hold the ball up for deek and or duffy. There is no money in Scottish football so named players just are not coming here. How many on here had heard of Rooney, salmon, verdon, gomis before they were signed for their clubs? CC has find and develope players. Six players in is more than we could hope for. They are known triers. So let's give them a chance. I don't think they will have been cheap to sign. All players getting signing on fees and will be on decent money. I can't understand why fans want to criticise the Tache for balancing the books. Six in and kept Deek. Well done CC. Now go and win some games

aberhibsfc
01-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Nearly half a million in sales.

Again subjected to all this bargain basement crap.

Close your leather bound ledger, clear out your mahogany desk and go.

For all those putting those that are unhappy down. Let me know who your doctor is, I could do with what your being prescribed.

I appreciate that we are not awash with money, but I can't believe how low things will have to go before there is any real investment in this club.

Nice stadium and training complex, but why does the playing side, which is why I am a fan, never receive the attention spent elsewhere.

I hope to god we don't go down, we certainly haven't made it easy for ourselves.

We are drinking in the last chance saloon and taking one almighty gamble.

I'll settle for it if you tell me that we'll definately stay up but why do we need to be subjected to this uneccessary stress. Will we see the playing side properly overhauled or will we continue to sell anything not nailed down and bring in loans.

Happier with the midfield but the defence and attack are accidents waiting to happen.

If it wasn't for the fear of going down I'd vote with my feet, but I'm not writting off a season ticket and not going to allow my team the benefit of my voice and support.

Farmer, please give Petrie his annual review and tell him to get the finger out regards the team.

I'm fed up with all this premature balding while Petrie mocks me with a face covered in hair.

I should have waited until morning, but had to get all this pish off my mind.

GreenCastle
01-02-2011, 12:16 AM

As someone who isn't the boards biggest fan.

I am happy we have made some changes to the team.

Yes we are lacking 2 players to 100% keep us up but we have more chance now than before with the deadwood.

I think and hope...we have hungry players who will want to impress and do well.

They will take time to settle but if we had signed no one then I would be slating the board.

Lets see how the month goes...

Wakeyhibee
01-02-2011, 12:27 AM
This is the most active January window I can remember. Imagine signing a £500k striker on bigger bucks than we normally would spend and he gets injured, talk about eggs in one basket. Rightly or wrongly RP will have one eye on relegation and dealing with that should it happen.

Whilst the signings haven't set the heather alight my expectations were lower than that of what's happened. The signings we do have are meant to address areas we are lacking which in one window with this bunch was always going to be impossible.

Btw before I get replies of being an RP apologist, lover or love child. I happen to think on the footballing front it is his/the boards decisions that have got us to where we are, the manager merrygoround and the willingness to sell anything worthwhile that isn't nailed down.

But we are where we are and let's hope that CC has targeted wisely. Up to now I couldn't see Bill Shankly, Bob Paisley or Sir Matt getting that bunch to play so CC's was on a hiding to nothing, let's hope with some of his own players he can start to make a difference.

smurf
01-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Tut, tut... anti board brigade... ;-)

Ok surprise surprise I have more than a little sympathy with the OP.

However, we are where we are.

And we are in a relegation fight. So with what we have we must win that battle. We as a support will more than play our part.

IF the season should conclude in the catastrophe we all fear then is the time for recriminations.

And this time it won't just be the manager.

RP will be toast.

greenlex
01-02-2011, 01:11 AM

And we are in a relegation fight. So with what we have we must win that battle. We as a support will more than play our part.

IF the season should conclude in the catastrophe we all fear then is the time for recriminations.

RP will be toast.
Ok I'm in my wee blue friend. What's the target? Stay up? Best of the rest after the split?

smurf
01-02-2011, 01:17 AM
Ok I'm in my wee blue friend. What's the target? Stay up? Best of the rest after the split?

One Target.

Attempt to win every game we play. In the process pick up points and get up the league.

Accomplish that then job done.

Summer time. Clear out part two. Rebuilding part two.

greenlex
01-02-2011, 01:31 AM
One Target.

Attempt to win every game we play. In the process pick up points and get up the league.

Accomplish that then job done.

Summer time. Clear out part two. Rebuilding part two.
I'm in.

SmokieJoe
01-02-2011, 01:31 AM

Please feel free to name all of the 'BIG' name signings that hibs profited from, that you had never heard of before they signed for us.

Honestly....

smurf
01-02-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm in.

IF with this new team (and it kind of is!) it can click on the park and start picking up points its not inconceivable that we could actually conclude this season with a modicum of a feel good factor....

SmokieJoe
01-02-2011, 01:36 AM
IF with this new team (and it kind of is!) it can click on the park and start picking up points its not inconceivable that we could actually conclude this season with a modicum of a feel good factor....

:agree::agree:

I've had enough of these nae sayers that want to cause nothing but grieff on here, about time they STFU and get back behind the team!

The Green Goblin
01-02-2011, 01:39 AM
I`m a bit surprised at some of the stick some posters are getting on here for saying how worried they are that the very real and urgent problems we have suffered in recent months will continue, mostly due to what they see as a failure to take enough positive action on the transfer front to make sure we don`t get relegated.

One glance at the current league table would seem to support their fears. Why then is it that other supporters mock them for simply being worried, with good reason, for the future of this club in the SPL next season? Do those people think "we are too big to go down?" Will it take having 3 games left and hoping for a miracle to get them to change their mind? Because make no mistake about it, Hibs are in very serious trouble right now. How can you possibly think otherwise, looking at that table and thinking about how our recent performances and results have gone? There`s a lot less time to get out of it than people think.

The new signings: I hope they turn it around, but I have some sympathy for the folks who really feel that the board didn`t push the boat out enough today when our future in the SPL is very definitely at risk. Posting and having a cheap laugh at other supporters` worries about fearing the worst and exercising their right to say as much on here is pretty poor though, and doesn`t help anyone.

GG

GreenCastle
01-02-2011, 01:47 AM

RP will be toast.

As a club we have to pull together over the next few weeks.

I really hope we pick up points v St Mirren or this place will meltdown..

I like many have been a critic of many including CC and the Board but they have set their stall out and lets see where it goes.

In the meantime I will support the club and if it continues to be terrible - moan in the future. But hoping it does work out.

basehibby
01-02-2011, 01:48 AM

I'll wait and see how things turn out before I start sharpening the knives - but he's certainly taken a gamble here.
2 of our top players away this window in Bamba and Zemama - as for the arrivals, they look promising but will they be enough to kick our season into life? Certainly there's nothing there to knock your socks off and get the fans queing up with anticipation.

sven nil
01-02-2011, 05:39 AM
Mr Petrie you have shafted thousands of our family once more reguardless of how the teams results go its stinks of it look's good for mr petries cv its not all about you.

unless you dont trust that manager you headhunted with any decent funds, Now thats what I call backing not!

Beefster
01-02-2011, 07:10 AM
I'm critical of the Board for some things and supportive of others but it's fairly clear that we're in serious danger of relegation and that, yet again, Rodders has come out of a transfer window with more cash than he went in with.

I'm fairly happy with the signings before yesterday but we needed something radical from Hibs to show that they realise that this is an extraordinary situation. Just one signing that was a statement of intent and would energise the support and everyone at the club. Instead, we signed a 31 year old journeyman with 11 previous clubs.

If we're relegated, Rodders needs to let someone else run the club. His methods and policies will have failed miserably.

7Hero
01-02-2011, 07:16 AM
cheap options left right and centre, even when faced with oblivion and the worst hibs team seen in a lifetime we continue to penny pinch.

Petrie can go, we need to get back to being a football club not a business...

Tricla
01-02-2011, 07:17 AM

What a garbage post. Especially the bold bit.

marinello59
01-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Mr Petrie you have shafted thousands of our family once more reguardless of how the teams results go its stinks of it look's good for mr petries cv its not all about you.

unless you dont trust that manager you headhunted with any decent funds, Now thats what I call backing not!

So you think Rod has made a total erse of things. But it will look good on his CV?
Do we know that we missed out on any signings at all because we refused to meet a targets realistic expectations? I don't know but I assume you do.
Things went pretty much as I expected. Am I happy? Not particularly but most of it comes down to depression at the fact that any SPL club (And I include the Old Firm) will struggle to attract players to this league.

Tricla
01-02-2011, 07:24 AM
I`m a bit surprised at some of the stick some posters are getting on here for saying how worried they are that the very real and urgent problems we have suffered in recent months will continue, mostly due to what they see as a failure to take enough positive action on the transfer front to make sure we don`t get relegated.

One glance at the current league table would seem to support their fears. Why then is it that other supporters mock them for simply being worried, with good reason, for the future of this club in the SPL next season? Do those people think "we are too big to go down?" Will it take having 3 games left and hoping for a miracle to get them to change their mind? Because make no mistake about it, Hibs are in very serious trouble right now. How can you possibly think otherwise, looking at that table and thinking about how our recent performances and results have gone? There`s a lot less time to get out of it than people think.

The new signings: I hope they turn it around, but I have some sympathy for the folks who really feel that the board didn`t push the boat out enough today when our future in the SPL is very definitely at risk. Posting and having a cheap laugh at other supporters` worries about fearing the worst and exercising their right to say as much on here is pretty poor though, and doesn`t help anyone.

GG

I don't think anyone doesn't realise the pickle that we are in nor would they admit that the signings we have made are guaranteed to fix things right away.

Who is to say that signing well known proven players would though?

The reason that some people are getting lambasted for expressing their worries is due to the knee jerk way they are doing it IMO.

We don't need negativity right now and anyone who can't see that shouldn't come to ER.

These new guys, whoever they are, need our support.

marinello59
01-02-2011, 07:53 AM

GG

Where are the fans who are not worried? I thought we all were. Seriously, I don't know one Hibs fan who is not concerned.
Where are the fans who think we are too big to go down? I haven't met any.
Is it wrong to challenge the view held by some that the club have done absolutely nothing to try and turn this thing round? It doesn't have to be all good or all bad you know. There is ground in the middle.

Geo_1875
01-02-2011, 08:06 AM
Can someone please supply details of the signing on fees and wages for all these cheap options that we've signed? I'm pretty sure Zemmama must have been paid around 15k per game this season. Hogg will have been around the same. We've got them off the wage bill and brought in guys who will play more but earn around the same amount money. I'll also wait and see them play a few games before deciding whether they're any good. Of course there are plenty of football experts who can look at Wikipedia and base their decision on the inane ramblings of wind-up merchants and bawbags.

The Falcon
01-02-2011, 08:25 AM

:top marks

But in order for these posters to retain any credibility atall we now NEED to get relagated. Its a must because the have "defo" told us we will "defo" get relegated!

Incredible and only at Hibs!

basehibby
01-02-2011, 08:26 AM
What a load of unmitigated steaming keech.

Zat you Rod? Shouldn't you be in signing talks with Webster :confused:

The Falcon
01-02-2011, 08:27 AM

A short arse! Just what we need another ****ing midget!

Oh! We've not signed him then? Sorry....worlds best player :greengrin

The Falcon
01-02-2011, 08:29 AM
What lies have they told us?

Please be very specific.

Rooney was never the answer. After selling stokes, zemamma and bamba. getting rid of hogg, de graff and others, i totally expected more investment.

Iff the board come out and say we have spent loads on transfers, made more investment than other teams blah blah blah, then they deserve to be shot!
They are liars. we have bought cheap. We have taken a risk on young unproven player. This is a cheap alternaltive.

It shows a total lack of ambition and I am totally and utterly disgusted with the board!

Anyone want to shoot me down like they have done in the last few days feel free. You are wrong. You are just as bad as the hearts yams with their heads in the sand!

Rod is rammin us!

Ray_
01-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Sodje is not a prolific goal scorer. His job will be to hold the ball up for deek and or duffy. There is no money in Scottish football so named players just are not coming here. How many on here had heard of Rooney, salmon, verdon, gomis before they were signed for their clubs? CC has find and develope players. Six players in is more than we could hope for. They are known triers. So let's give them a chance. I don't think they will have been cheap to sign. All players getting signing on fees and will be on decent money. I can't understand why fans want to criticise the Tache for balancing the books. Six in and kept Deek. Well done CC. Now go and win some games

I can't understand how people regard the way the club has been run, as balancing the books. We have sold almost every single asset we had & our fans are walking out in droves & compared to five years ago, the tangible income has been decimated.

How can this policy be described as balancing the books, all we have done is swap assets for debt/infrastructure, while the product has gone down the pan?

Ray_
01-02-2011, 08:38 AM
:top marks

But in order for these posters to retain any credibility atall we now NEED to get relagated. Its a must because the have "defo" told us we will "defo" get relegated!

Incredible and only at Hibs!

Isn't the fact that more and more people are driven from spending their cash on their football team evidence enough? It is in most businesses!

basehibby
01-02-2011, 08:40 AM
:top marks 'nuff of these so called fans opinions:agree::agree:

Ach away and fling ***** at yerself!

Being a fan does not necessitate being a sycophantic doormat who will ssok up whatever is thrown in front of him/her.

Some (many???) of us are not happy with what has been achieved in the window - this does NOT mean we will not support the team on match days - it DOES mean we have O Grade level arithmetic skills and care enough to use them and come to the OBVIOUS conclusion that the purse strings are being tightened AGAIN when we can least afford it.

marinello59
01-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Ach away and fling ***** at yerself!

Being a fan does not necessitate being a sycophantic doormat who will ssok up whatever is thrown in front of him/her.

Some (many???) of us are not happy with what has been achieved in the window - this does NOT mean we will not support the team on match days - it DOES mean we have O Grade level arithmetic skills and care enough to use them and come to the OBVIOUS conclusion that the purse strings are being tightened AGAIN when we can least afford it.

Bit harsh no? Can't we have differing opinions anymore.

Ray_
01-02-2011, 08:44 AM
What lies have they told us?

Please be very specific.

Well it could be argued when the word came out saying the board would support the manager, most wouldn't have expected us to go through the Jan window & come out with a profit.

Clearly we are entering the world of politic's, where the words are not as clear as first appears, which may not be lies, but is certainly not being totally honest either.

ALF TUPPER
01-02-2011, 09:01 AM
So.................

Out
Zemmama, De Graaf, Hogg, Grounds Currie, Hogg * great stuff*

In
Towell, Scott, Thornhill, Palsson, Divis & Sodje *All positive as far as i'm concerned*.

We wanted change................ we got it.

Not the big names you wanted? Its where Hibs are ( Scottish Clubs are) in the marketplace. Only EPL clubs have the big cash to splash.
If we had only needed one player - i'm sure we would have got a big name we wanted. The budget had to be split - We needed so many.

So lets be realistic folks

Its up to them now to get out and play and keep us up.

Ray_
01-02-2011, 09:03 AM
So.................

Out

In
Towell, Scott, Thornhill, Palsson, Divis & Sodje *All positive as far as i'm concerned*.

Not the big names you wanted? Its where Hibs are ( Scottish Clubs are) in the marketplace. Only EPL clubs have the big cash to splash.
If we had only needed one player - i'm sure we would have got a big name we wanted. The budget had to be split - We needed so many.

Are you not forgetting about those who departed the club?

The Falcon
01-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Well it could be argued when the word came out saying the board would support the manager, most wouldn't have expected us to go through the Jan window & come out with a profit.

Clearly we are entering the world of politic's, where the words are not as clear as first appears, which may not be lies, but is certainly not being totally honest either.

People are upset we didnt get this player or that one but, I suspect, it was not for lack of effort. We may be going back in the summer for some so it would be self defeating to come out with stuff now. You are a guy who remembers when we competed with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve and Revie's Leeds United. The reality is, unfortunately, we are a million miles away from that now and those days are unlikely to return. We are looking around the lower leagues because thats who we can afford and, more importantly, want to come here. I have no doubt we could have paid the £600k fee for Conor Sammon, for example, but couldnt have, under any reasonable circumstances, get near his wages.

PS Bit of an improvement in application on Sunday so there is hope. I agree with most about a CH with a bit of pace and presence though.

SaudiHibby
01-02-2011, 09:06 AM
"Sir Tom, can I come and see you please"

"Aye Rod, what's the problem?"

"Disco Dave says that I have to go now as he is not happy with the signings"

"Well we should listen to Disco Dave as he is all things Hibernian!!!"

:rolleyes:

Ray_
01-02-2011, 09:12 AM
People are upset we didnt get this player or that one but, I suspect, it was not for lack of effort. We may be going back in the summer for some so it would be self defeating to come out with stuff now. You are a guy who remembers when we competed with Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juve and Revie's Leeds United. The reality is, unfortunately, we are a million miles away from that now and those days are unlikely to return. We are looking around the lower leagues because thats who we can afford and, more importantly, want to come here. I have no doubt we could have paid the £600k fee for Conor Sammon, for example, but couldnt have, under any reasonable circumstances, get near his wages.

PS Bit of an improvement in application on Sunday so there is hope. I agree with most about a CH with a bit of pace and presence though.

I think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself there :greengrin the problem is more the fact we are not competing with the likes of Hearts, Dundee UTD, Aberdeen etc.

basehibby
01-02-2011, 09:18 AM
The view is short term to ensure survival, however we also don't want lumbered by signing players for the sake of signing them. We have brought in 6 players in this window who have got to be an improvement on the dross we have had this last year, some like Palsson with a good pedigree and are young and hungry and have a bit of the fight we need.

I don't doubt we tried to do more business, as did all clubs, and there will be reasons for the signings we made as well as those we didn't get. We have all been crying out for a proper target man upfront, sounds like we got one, yet still we bloody moan...

We need to get these guys in and bedded into the team ASAP and give them our support, what hasn't happened today isn't relevant anymore, forget it, what matters is getting behind Hibs as much as we can and ensuring that they have a positive and charge atmosphere at Easter Road and on our travels to help us ALL get out of this mess. :agree:

Sorry mate - just do not get what makes you so emphatically sure of the bit in bold. We've lost Zemama and Bamba among others - and I see no evidence that convinces me that the players coming in collectively represent an improvement. They MIGHT be and I hope they are, but I'm a very long way away from being convinced.
Similarly this striker who has been brought in - he MIGHT be an improvement on Nish and Trakys - then again he might not be.

NB - no argument with you re getting behind the team, but what you otherwise suggest is that on a pivotal day like the close of the transfer window we should all just sit on our hands and pretend to be happy when many of us are anything but - a patently ridiculous notion on a forum whose primary function is the exchange of ideas and all things hibs.

Judas Iscariot
01-02-2011, 09:21 AM
So.................

Out
BAMBA, Zemmama, De Graaf, Hogg, Grounds Currie, Hogg * great stuff*

In

Pity you forgot about Sol who was probably our best player...

Never mind, made over half a mil in transfer fees and spent heehaw..

Rod & Co will be having a back patting sesh and a half..

The Falcon
01-02-2011, 09:22 AM
I think you are getting a bit ahead of yourself there :greengrin the problem is more the fact we are not competing with the likes of Hearts, Dundee UTD, Aberdeen etc.

I'm ever the optimist Ray!

We wont compete with Hearts cos they're a basket case and unless someone is prepared to take a personal hit of about £40m that isnt going to happen. We should be competing with the others and, for the last couple of years, we have outspent them but bought junk. Now the cyclical argument is that its Petrie who appoints the managers so its Petrie's fault but he can only give the job to those that want it the same as the manager can only keep those who want to stay/come here. There are rumours we are talking to Webster and that would be major, given his baggage and previous affiliations, if we could pull that off. Provided he passes the medical of course.

I dont know which is more unlikely though....

The Falcon
01-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Pity you forgot about Sol who was probably our best player...

Never mind, made over half a mil in transfer fees and spent heehaw..

Rod & Co will be having a back patting sesh and a half..

If Necastle cant hold on to Carroll how are we going to keep Bamba?

--------
01-02-2011, 09:25 AM

I wondered how long it would take for the first Petrie thread to start once the window shut. :greengrin

We should have run a book on who would start it. I would have bet on the OP myself. :greengrin

What about a sweep on how many pages? :cool2:

basehibby
01-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Bit harsh no? Can't we have differing opinions anymore.

Not harsh at all - I don't like being called a "so called" fan for having - as you say - a differing opinion.

Judas Iscariot
01-02-2011, 09:32 AM

I didn't expect to hold onto Sol or any player but I (foolishly) expect a bit of investment after punting arguably our 2 best players..

But no..

We didn't..

borstalboy
01-02-2011, 09:34 AM

I dont think that was his point.....I'm presuming here but I reckon he was talking about the fact that in a time of need when investment was required on the team, we didn't but we still managed to sell several players for a decent fee.

basehibby
01-02-2011, 09:34 AM
So.................

Out

In

I would have been a LOT happier if Zemama had been retained - he's not a player who will be easy to replace - but the balance book seems to have been put before the football team yet again.

Peevemor
01-02-2011, 09:36 AM
I would have been a LOT happier if Zemama had been retained - he's not a player who will be easy to replace - but the balance book seems to have been put before the football team yet again.

Unless it was a CC/football decision?

marinello59
01-02-2011, 09:39 AM

Is this true? I keep reading it so it must be but was that the club policy in this transfer window? Or was it more a case of targets were identified and business done on the basis of the player actually wanting to come to Hibs?

borstalboy
01-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Is this true? I keep reading it so it must be but was that the club policy in this transfer window? Or was it more a case of targets were identified and business done on the basis of the player actually wanting to come to Hibs?

I see your point and its a fair comment, however, I would suggest that modern day football is surrounded by money and that is the bigges motivator. If your offering enough money to bring said player to your club then they more than likely going to come to your club.......I would look at Robbie Keane going to West Ham as an example (Just trying to give an example, Tottenham in the CL and pushing high in the prem, west ham bottom of the league and not very good).

lEXO
01-02-2011, 11:33 AM

Who should apply then? Maybe we tried to get other strikers and they would,nt come.Given our postition in the league can you think of any quality players never mind strikers who would sign for us? Give the signings a chance FFS

the_ginger_hibee
01-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Who should apply then? Maybe we tried to get other strikers and they would,nt come.Given our postition in the league can you think of any quality players never mind strikers who would sign for us? Give the signings a chance FFS

I am giving the new guys a chance and have been impressed thus far with them, the journeyman comment was a quote form another site.

We can go on maybe's and what ifs but I can only comment on what we as a club have actually done in terms of strikers - and thats sign a 31 year old, un-prolific, uninspiring striker.

Who should we have signed? No idea. There is plenty names being banded about though, give a quick glance to our rivals aswell, Hamilton signed a Leeds striker. ICT signed a Burnley striker. Aberdeen signed a Norwich striker. Will any of these guys prove to be any better than who we brought in? I have no idea. On paper are these signings more impressive than ours? Yes, i'd say so.

The Green Goblin
01-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Where are the fans who are not worried? I thought we all were. Seriously, I don't know one Hibs fan who is not concerned.
Where are the fans who think we are too big to go down? I haven't met any.
Is it wrong to challenge the view held by some that the club have done absolutely nothing to try and turn this thing round? It doesn't have to be all good or all bad you know. There is ground in the middle.

That's not what I said though, is it? I said there was a perception that knowing that we were facing such a serious and real threat of relegation, they hadn't done enough.

GG

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Make NO MISTAKE we MEAN BUSINESS!!! And we KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!!!!

(Is the sort of thing you used to see on Kickback).

Sumner
01-02-2011, 06:43 PM

I've voted in bold type :agree:

ancient hibee
01-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Will give the new guys every chance but lets not kid ourselves they are cheap bargain basement signings.

We needed proper investment for players who were going to come in and make an insant impact and lift the dwindling support we havent done any of that

Cheapos like Murphy and Sproule you mean?

Kaiser1962
01-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Cheapos like Murphy and Sproule you mean?

A Boro reserve and an Irish league player? FFS show some ambition Hibs. :devil:

The Falcon
01-02-2011, 07:00 PM
I dont think that was his point.....I'm presuming here but I reckon he was talking about the fact that in a time of need when investment was required on the team, we didn't but we still managed to sell several players for a decent fee.

But as has been pointed out by others Murhpy and Sproule were not big name signings but Liam Miller was and look at the flak he's getting.

There is a lot said about the players that have moved on and its said repeatedly that we should either have not let them go ar bought similar to replace. My point is that we sold Bamba, a Dunfermiline CH and when we go to Ross County, Scottish Cup finalists who beat us and Celtic to get a player we're accused of penny pinching and cheap options.

Thats my point really.

Phil D. Rolls
01-02-2011, 07:04 PM
I've just noticed that there is an "URGENT" flag next to this thread. I can just see Rod now....."oh well, if it's urgent, I better do something". Where do some supporters get off, and how big a laugh do the guys who run the place get at their delusions of adequacy.

Get a grip, if people want rid of the board, come up with an alternative, and then give us your names and adresses, so we know where to find you if we end up like Dundee FC.

You've never had it so good.

Albion Hibs
01-02-2011, 07:18 PM

A bit ironic that you find the dealings so bad yet your Avitar is a picture of a player who was joey nobody before he was at Hibs - on the basis of your statement you must have been gutted when sproule rolled up, you were clearly massively wrong on that count.

Fact of the matter is we have brought in a lot of players, folk were screeming out for three of four players a month ago yet are not happy now, with some of the comments being "unheard of" which is ridiculous given that the likes of Sproule, Benji, Zouma, Boozy, Jones to name a few were unheard of before they were at hibs.

Further to that a lot of comments about how these players are young reserves from other clubs, and how that is not good enough. Yet if they were Hibs under 19's moving up there would be trouser explosions all over the place.

I am happy with what we have done in terms of numbers. I said at the start of the window I would be very happy with a striker, a right back and a centre half. Now it is a question of waiting to see if they can come good, they will have my support on Wednesday and I hope people turn up to support them.