PDA

View Full Version : So We Have Signed yet ANOTHER Keeper, but still no striker - Am I missing something?!

The Voice Of Reason
31-01-2011, 09:19 PM
As the title says, we now have FOUR keepers on our books (plus the young lad Flynn) and we still haven't signed a much needed striker.

WTF is going on ?!?!? :confused:

Disclaimer - is we sign a decent striker in the next few hours and get rid of Graeme "Coco the Clown" Smith and Graham "zimmer frame" Stack then all will be forgiven. :agree:

Andy74
31-01-2011, 09:21 PM
As the title says, we now have FOUR keepers on our books (plus the young lad Flynn) and we still haven't signed a much needed striker.

Disclaimer - is we sign a decent striker in the next few hours and get rid of Graeme "Coco the Clown" Smith and Graham "zimmer frame" Stack then all will be forgiven. :agree:
Work in progress and take what you can in January. Two of those keepers won't be here after May.

Matty_Jack04
31-01-2011, 09:21 PM
im getting texts saying hogg has joined ICT surely if this is the case we should have used him as a make weight to get rooney down pronto.

Gala Foxes
31-01-2011, 09:23 PM
im getting texts saying hogg has joined ICT surely if this is the case we should have used him as a make weight to get rooney down pronto.

you can't expect anyone to pay for Hogg

Arch Stanton
31-01-2011, 09:29 PM

If you weren't so desperate to make a negative comment you would have waited to see what actually transpired on the signing front and there would be no need for disclaimers - would there?

The Voice Of Reason
31-01-2011, 09:31 PM
Work in progress and take what you can in January. Two of those keepers won't be here after May.

Aye but surely we need a striker (not a Torres, just a half decent striker FFS) or we are heading towards the 1st Division quicker than you can say "De Graf was our worst signing ever" :grr:

Work in Progress" is all well and good.......great, but we need a fix for the position we are in at the moment....or we are going down quicker that a whores drawers.

HibbyAndy
31-01-2011, 09:31 PM
If we fail to sign a striker tonight im going to be mega mega underwhelmed.

The Voice Of Reason
31-01-2011, 09:34 PM
If you weren't so desperate to make a negative comment you would have waited to see what actually transpired on the signing front and there would be no need for disclaimers - would there?

Apologies for expressing my concern on a messageboard. :na na:

As for being desparate to make a negative comment, I am simply commenting on the position as it stands at the moment - I would be delighted to come back on here and say "yipee, we have signed a half decent striker".

Cheers for living up to your name - time of the month is it ? :wink:

Shrekko
31-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Answer to the OP's question is aye- you're missing something. That being that the window is still open.

Folk are obviously desperate to have a pop but should at least wait till it's justified eh?

down-the-slope
31-01-2011, 09:35 PM

You feeling Bi-polar.....you answer your own question...:wink:

The aim of the game is to score more than the opposition....more than one way to do that...we are currently failing at both:boo hoo:

Andy74
31-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Aye but surely we need a striker (not a Torres, just a half decent striker FFS) or we are heading towards the 1st Division quicker than you can say "De Graf was our worst signing ever" :grr:

Work in Progress" is all well and good.......great, but we need a fix for the position we are in at the moment....or we are going down quicker that a whores drawers.

I thought Riordan is the best striker we've ever had? Sort the midfield and he'll score surely? Maybe Trakys might get fit one day to help him?

The Voice Of Reason
31-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Answer to the OP's question is aye- you're missing something. That being that the window is still open.

Folk are obviously desperate to have a pop but should at least wait till it's justified eh?

Cheers :aok:

As stated, would be delighted to come bck on once we have signed a half decent striker and say "yipee, we have signed a half decent striker".

What will your thoughts be if we don't sign a striker ?

Peevemor
31-01-2011, 09:40 PM
Quoted pish removed

Funny smell around here ....

The Voice Of Reason
31-01-2011, 09:41 PM
I thought Riordan is the best striker we've ever had? Sort the midfield and he'll score surely? Maybe Trakys might get fit one day to help him?

I have never said that Andrew !

We are crying out for a penalty box striker (and someone with a turn of pace would be handy!)

Delboy*
31-01-2011, 09:42 PM
'You cant always get what you want' as sung by the Rolling Stones.

U can bet Petries last crumpled up pound note that CC has tried to get a striker, n im prayin it jumps up on the SSN ticker tape.

Has to start producing the goods now like...................

Shrekko
31-01-2011, 09:43 PM

As stated, would be delighted to come bck on once we have signed a half decent striker and say "yipee, we have signed a half decent striker".

I'll be absolutely raging.

Not making a tit of myself now though- just in case :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
31-01-2011, 09:43 PM
'You cant always get what you want' as sung by the Rolling Stones.

U can bet Petries last crumpled up pound note that CC has tried to get a striker, n im prayin it jumps up on the SSN ticker tape.

Has to start producing the goods now like...................

Me too mate :worried:

Arch Stanton
31-01-2011, 09:44 PM

What is more to the point is that, given that we still haven't signed a striker in the last ten minutes, could you care to share your current feelings on this - dejected? angry? or maybe you are still just concerned? - please tell us, we are dying to know.

The Voice Of Reason
31-01-2011, 09:46 PM
I'll be absolutely raging.

Not making a tit of myself now though- just in case :wink:

That was why I put the Disclaimer in ! :agree:

Joking apart, we have FOUR keepers (if Smith can be classed as one) but still no striker.....I just find it extremely worrying and baffling!

The Voice Of Reason
31-01-2011, 09:47 PM
What is more to the point is that, given that we still haven't signed a striker in the last ten minutes, could you care to share your current feelings on this - dejected? angry? or maybe you are still just concerned? - please tell us, we are dying to know.

Worried and concerned.

How about you ?

cabbageandribs1875
Funny smell around here ....

booted before i could quote him/it :boo hoo: an excellent 3rd post in 3 years :greengrin

Twa Cairpets

You do know its not in either/or situation? Signign a goalie doesnt mean we dont/wont/cant sign a striker. If we dont sign one, its not because we've signed a goalie.

cabbageandribs1875
31-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Worried and concerned.

How about you ?

so your really the voice of concern then :dunno:

Arch Stanton
31-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Worried and concerned.

How about you ?

Me? I just live in the moment.

But I appreciate some folks need somewhere to offload their anxieties - don't hold back chum, best to let it all out. Even if the moron signs another 2 goalies but no strikers you must still realise it won't be the end of the world - just hang on to that thought.

And perhaps we all should include VoR in our prayers for tonight - suffering as he is from all cares and tribulations of being a true Hibs supporter - negative to the end!

CropleyWasGod
31-01-2011, 09:54 PM
You are missing the fact that we have signed a striker.:greengrin

Pretty Boy
31-01-2011, 09:55 PM
We've just signed Sodje from Charlton so theres your striker.

Arch Stanton
31-01-2011, 10:00 PM
You are missing the fact that we have signed a striker.:greengrin

Well, thats put a damper on this thread an no mistake!

How about another CB - we need another CB - lots of folk will get really depressed if we don't sign one of those!

The Voice Of Reason
31-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Me? I just live in the moment.

But I appreciate some folks need somewhere to offload their anxieties - don't hold back chum, best to let it all out. Even if the moron signs another 2 goalies but no strikers you must still realise it won't be the end of the world - just hang on to that thought.

And perhaps we all should include VoR in our prayers for tonight - suffering as he is from all cares and tribulations of being a true Hibs supporter - negative to the end!

:faf:

You will be glad to know that it appears we have just signed a striker :na na:

Holmesdale Hibs
31-01-2011, 10:03 PM
I don't understand what is going on with our keepers. This is the first time in a few years that we've had a decent keeper who has been performing consistently well. I can't even remember a thread on here moaning about him. So why the **** do we drop him?

I thought Smith did ok for most of last season but was starting to look dodgy before he was dropped. Stack looked when he was fit but we can't afford to have someone who never plays. Don't know much about this keeper but my guess is that Stack (maybe +1) will be punted at the end of the season.

HibsMax
31-01-2011, 10:07 PM
I don't understand what is going on with our keepers. This is the first time in a few years that we've had a decent keeper who has been performing consistently well. I can't even remember a thread on here moaning about him. So why the **** do we drop him?

I thought Smith did ok for most of last season but was starting to look dodgy before he was dropped. Stack looked when he was fit but we can't afford to have someone who never plays. Don't know much about this keeper but my guess is that Stack (maybe +1) will be punted at the end of the season.
The story on SSN even said that our new 'keeper would challenge Brown for the #1 spot.

:hmmm: