PDA

View Full Version : Question Ruthless streak being shown?

down-the-slope
31-01-2011, 07:14 PM
I have defended the managers extensive use of the squad in recent weeks (I know others disagree) as I felt he needed to know for sure who could do it on match days...sadly not many

My feeling is that although he comes across as quite detached from the current siutuation in interviews etc (curse of rolling media?)...underneath I detect a steely ruthless streak that is now weeding out those who he sees are not going to contribute in the medium to long term...a huge deal of wage has been freed up this window and a good number of signings made...time will tell whether the sum of the comings and goings = improvement or not

I realise that most are pre-occupies with the short term situation...you either have to take the view that the manager is being blind to the current plight....or that he is confident of being here for long haul and still in SPL regardless (I take latter view)

I look forward to a team that shows heart and fight, and at least some semblance of structure in the near future....:rolleyes:

Badge
31-01-2011, 07:19 PM
I have defended the managers extensive use of the squad in recent weeks (I know others disagree) as I felt he needed to know for sure who could do it on match days...sadly not many

My feeling is that although he comes across as quite detached from the current siutuation in interviews etc (curse of rolling media?)...underneath I detect a steely ruthless streak that is now weeding out those who he sees are not going to contribute in the medium to long term...a huge deal of wage has been freed up this window and a good number of signings made...time will tell whether the sum of the comings and goings = improvement or not

I realise that most are pre-occupies with the short term situation...you either have to take the view that the manager is being blind to the current plight....or that he is confident of being here for long haul and still in SPL regardless (I take latter view)

I look forward to a team that shows heart and fight, and at least some semblance of structure in the near future....:rolleyes:

I sincerely hope you're right.

greenlex
31-01-2011, 07:22 PM
:agree: I posted this on another thread.

Quote from Calderwood on teletext
"In the short -term, I'm going to have to accept there will be a few doubters and, in the long-term there won't be"

Hibs Class
31-01-2011, 08:40 PM

"In the short -term, I'm going to have to accept there will be a few doubters and, in the long-term there won't be"

I like that. I hope he's right. It certainly sounds like he's speaking from personal experience.

HibeeDave
31-01-2011, 08:46 PM

What's that? :cool2:

Ryan69
31-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Calderwood has a big job on his hands...All he has todo is keep us in SPL. He will manage that!

Then its like a game of Champo,buying a new team!:thumbsup:

matty_f
31-01-2011, 11:52 PM

He said that in his BBC interview after the game on Sunday. I believe him.:agree:

BT58
01-02-2011, 09:12 AM
I think that we now have a team where the majority will be looking FORWARD
Before the window, it was like, the players had given up, no new contracts where given out, so they where looking to get out whenever they could
I know that we will still have to use some of the guys who are gonna be OOC
But CC will not tolerate lack of effort
It's still gonna be hard to get out of this mess
but at least we have a majority in the team who will have the HUNGER to do well :aok::aok:

Gatecrasher
01-02-2011, 09:20 AM

Defo a signature worthy quote, I call dibs

Groathillgrump
01-02-2011, 09:39 AM

He's obviously confident in his own ability to turn things around and if he can inject a bit of that self-confidence into the players we should see things starting to improve. Hopefully that improvement starts tomorrow night!

Jones28
01-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Calderwood is going to be given time. People were expecting Hibs to make 20 transfers, bringing in Rooney and Griffiths and whoever else. This was never going to happen. CC is building his own team, and it's obvious from some of the signings hes made it's going to be focussed on younger players.

He has introduced Calum Booth at left back when he could have bought one instead. Young Towell has come in from Celtic and done well. Byrne is in the squad, Galbraith is starting regularly and Hanlon (I think) will be made vice captain, if not captain.

down-the-slope
03-02-2011, 09:13 AM

:greengrin i like it when i get my wishes fulfilled quickly