PDA

View Full Version : Official Site

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2011, 05:43 PM
On a day when 3 players sign for other clubs, and we gain a new goalie on loan, none of this is reported on the official club site yet.

What is the point of this website, which has a latest news page, when the updates are few and far between? :grr: :grr:

Kaiser1962
31-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Shows how far that site has fallen. Used to be good.

greenlex
31-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Its ajoke. One of the last places to go for news about all things Hibs.

Beefster
31-01-2011, 05:46 PM
It's always been the same irrespective of who was running it. If you ever want to know about Hibs' business with other clubs - use the other club's site.

persevere1875
31-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Or maybe the guy's waiting for the finalisation of another deal/s before he writes the article :dunno:

Hibeescott
31-01-2011, 05:47 PM
On a day when 3 players sign for other clubs, and we gain a new goalie on loan, none of this is reported on the official club site yet.

What is the point of this website, which has a latest news page, when the updates are few and far between? :grr: :grr:

I agree, should be updated much more often. Often lately the club have released one story with all the business conducted on the last day so says to me we aren't done yet.

lucky
31-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Hibs website is poor. It seems to want to sell apps, hibs tv and stuff from.the shop rather giving fans info

Billy Whizz
31-01-2011, 05:50 PM

It's latest news today is yesterday's 3-0 defeat. I thought they would like to hide this at the earliest opportunity?

HibbyKeith
31-01-2011, 05:51 PM

:agree:

thought the same recently about Hibernian TV, still no interview with matt thornhill, there used to be interviews with managment and players almost daily :dunno:

TamHibs
31-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Still waiting to complete signings of Rooney, Bogdanovic & a Centre Half ;)

bingo70
31-01-2011, 05:56 PM

thought the same recently about Hibernian TV, still no interview with matt thornhill, there used to be interviews with managment and players almost daily :dunno:

While we're having a (fully deserved) pop at the website i'll get this off my chest too....does my head in that despite paying almost £400 for a season ticket i need to pay extra to hear the majority of interviews with the manager or players.

I realise this is needed income for the club, however if your paying for a season ticket then thats surely something that can be thrown in.

Winston Ingram
31-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Agree, it's gash. I'd be surprised if they even bother to mention these

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2011, 05:59 PM
While we're having a (fully deserved) pop at the website i'll get this off my chest too....does my head in that despite paying almost £400 for a season ticket i need to pay extra to hear the majority of interviews with the manager or players.

I realise this is needed income for the club, however if your paying for a season ticket then thats surely something that can be thrown in.

:top marks

Spot on Bingo

EasterRoad4Ever
31-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Its ajoke. One of the last places to go for news about all things Hibs.

:agree: says as much about the relationship the club has with the supporters as anything. Petrie's penny-pinching at its best, or maybe they just don't give a ****.

Beefster
31-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Or maybe the guy's waiting for the finalisation of another deal/s before he writes the article :dunno:

They'll be waiting for the final signing or the window closing. I think the point is that other clubs manage to keep their supporters informed as the day progresses.

Winston Ingram
31-01-2011, 06:01 PM
...on the plus side, travel and ticket details are headline news for yesterdays game:greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
31-01-2011, 06:02 PM

:agree: there is a definite chill in the air and disillusionment with the way the club is being run both on and off the park. Some of the decision making is stunning.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 06:12 PM

I cancelled my subsciption this season, i only really used it for listening to games i was not at. The bbc does all that for free, and i'm at most home games. HI used to be good, but imo not anymore. If you live abroad its vital especially because you can watch the home games live, but here in the uk, its not for me now.

Sir David Gray
31-01-2011, 06:22 PM

:agree: Totally agree.

Anyone in the UK can get basically the same pre/post match interviews on the BBC website - for free.

I can see why overseas fans would go for it because you can also watch live games through Hibs TV that you are unable to do if you stay in the UK but other than that, I don't see that it's value for money.

Gatecrasher
31-01-2011, 06:24 PM

i was going to bring this up at the fans forum that got cancelled because of the weather

Craig_in_Prague
31-01-2011, 06:27 PM
:agree: Totally agree.

Anyone in the UK can get basically the same pre/post match interviews on the BBC website - for free.

I can see why overseas fans would go for it because you can also watch live games through Hibs TV that you are unable to do if you stay in the UK but other than that, I don't see that it's value for money.

The live games though are seperate 6 pound charges from HI TV, so I dont bother with HI tv coz I have sky and also BBC news covers a lot of interviews etc as well......don't see the value of HI at all, and even the 6 quid for live games is not that cheap considering the quality is often poor. The ST for all live games was a pathetic offer as well.

Removed
31-01-2011, 06:29 PM
I only have it this season as I got a year free as part of the introduce a new ST holder promotion.

Hardly listen to any interviews now primarily due to change in HTV personnel.

Peevemor
31-01-2011, 06:39 PM
FFS! What difference does it make if you don't hear about a deal within 5 minutes of it being completed?

It's obvious to me that, as the club's official organ (:tee hee:), the output is all carefully controlled by the board prior to being published.

Perhaps they're too busy doing other things, like negotiating contracts, to bother sorting out press releases.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 06:43 PM
I only have it this season as I got a year free as part of the introduce a new ST holder promotion.

Hardly listen to any interviews now primarily due to change in HTV personnel.

:agree: When it first started with Stuart Crowther, it was fantastic. John Campbell and Diane (sorry dont know your surname D):wink: used to do a live radio slot. An hour during the week just talking about Hibs. It was superb, and again on a Saturday they were live from easter road from early morning, again superb.

Now its all professional, and bland very bland. I'd pay double what they charge now for those days back. I wouldn't think this lot, perform will ever see my money.

Removed
31-01-2011, 06:50 PM
:agree: When it first started with Stuart Crowther, it was fantastic. John Campbell and Diane (sorry dont know your surname D):wink: used to do a live radio slot. An hour during the week just talking about Hibs. It was superb, and again on a Saturday they were live from easter road from early morning, again superb.

Now its all professional, and bland very bland. I'd pay double what they charge now for those days back. I wouldn't think this lot, perform will ever see my money.

Bring back "The Back Four" on a Friday night :thumbsup:

Anyone know if "that program" :wink: is still available on archive anywhere :faf:

PC stamp, Jonnyboy and Matty will know what I mean :slipper: :greengrin

Carheenlea
31-01-2011, 06:53 PM
I`ve never been a big user of the official site, only really look at the fixtures for plotting the month ahead.

Think I have been on it more via links from Hibs.net whenever an announcement is made. Never bothered with HI, and as others have pointed out, it is a bit galling to dole out money on top of the season ticket for what sounds like a pretty average product. (the same could be said for the ST of course!)

While a top class web-site would be nice, it is way down the list of our worries at this time.

NTulloch
31-01-2011, 07:02 PM
When are the fans going to stop moaning about our situation and do something about it? Demand a meeting with the manager and the Hibs Board.

Its about time we started to make sure our voices are heard. I've been a season ticket at Easter Road for 30 years and I have just sat back and watched the games, accepting the good times with the bad.

This time enough is enough. I have stopped going to away games, and unless things improve drastically I will no longer renew my season ticket.

Maybe we need to boycott the Kilmarnock game to make our point.

We need to look at what is going on behind the scenes. Tell me any other football club that allows 16 first team players to be out of contract at the same time. Clearly they are not going to give their all in case they get injured and no other club will offer them a contract.:confused:http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/confused2.gif

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 07:03 PM

Bring back "The Back Four" on a Friday night :thumbsup:

Anyone know if "that program" :wink: is still available on archive anywhere :faf:

PC stamp, Jonnyboy and Matty will know what I mean :slipper: :greengrin

Yip bring it back, along with down the slope. (My idea that) :greengrin Quality listening, and we could actually phone in too. None of this real radio pish saturated with old firm sheite, pure Hibs all the way through. :top marks

Perspective
31-01-2011, 07:09 PM

You're bang on. I'm all for the club maximising their income, but at the moment the website and communications strategy is nothing more than a begging bowl.

Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the club. Home cup tickets and Hibs TV should be part of the package.

HIBERNIAN-0762
31-01-2011, 07:10 PM
Shows how far that site has fallen. Used to be good.

When was it ever good? :rolleyes:

PR at Easter Road is a joke, always has been always will be, run on the cheap by a cheapskate board, the idea of just selling strips at the club shop only must rate as the most idiotic idea ever, so this runs over on to "website", always days behind in news and seems rarely updated depending on who can be bothered to do it, constant problems with Hibs TV in logging in and viewing have not been addressed despite me emailing and phoning them about it.

If you act cheap you get cheap, I don't even bother looking at it or using it anymore.

That is all

Removed
31-01-2011, 07:11 PM
You're bang on. I'm all for the club maximising their income, but at the moment the website and communications strategy is nothing more than a begging bowl.

Season ticket holders are the lifeblood of the club. Home cup tickets and Hibs TV should be part of the package.

Have you got an invite to the fans forum?

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2011, 07:40 PM
FFS! What difference does it make if you don't hear about a deal within 5 minutes of it being completed?

It's obvious to me that, as the club's official organ (:tee hee:), the output is all carefully controlled by the board prior to being published.

Perhaps they're too busy doing other things, like negotiating contracts, to bother sorting out press releases.

The point was that Boro website has Zouma signing, ICT website has the Hogg signing, but nothing on ours when 3 players leave and 1 comes in..... Takes two minutes to update with a 1 line sentence saying something along lines of " player x has joined on six month loan deal, more to follow in due course"....

Still lets not bother informing the fans eh?:rolleyes:

Removed
31-01-2011, 07:45 PM
The point was that Boro website has Zouma signing, ICT website has the Hogg signing, but nothing on ours when 3 players leave and 1 comes in..... Takes two minutes to update with a 1 line sentence saying something along lines of " player x has joined on six month loan deal, more to follow in due course"....

I can remember a big debate about this at a previous window. I'm sure there was a statement from the club saying they would only comment on players coming in not leaving. I might be imagining that though :dunno:

BEEJ
31-01-2011, 07:46 PM

I would agree with you. :agree: Boro announced the Zemmama deal before 3pm today and it was still not official on our site as at 7.30pm.

We must be waiting to announce all our deals and departures in one multi-page article to be released at 11.03pm. :wink:

BEEJ
31-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I can remember a big debate about this at a previous window. I'm sure there was a statement from the club saying they would only comment on players coming in not leaving. I might be imagining that though :dunno:
Bamba's departure merited mention on the official site.

Removed
I would agree with you. :agree: Boro announced the Zemmama deal before 3pm today and it was still not official on our site as at 7.30pm.

We must be waiting to announce all our deals and departures in one multi-page article to be released at 11.03pm. :wink:

See my post above. I'm sure the club don't comment on players leaving.

aljo7-0
I'm pretty sure I remember that too. Either they did or we're both at the same stage of dementia.

BEEJ
31-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Oh yes they do!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110131/transfer-update_2262950_2281344

:na na:

Removed
31-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Bamba's departure merited mention on the official site.

point taken Beej. Inconsistency is Hibernian's forte.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 07:49 PM

Stupid statement though imo. Imagine you get all your information regarding hibs from the official site, you'd be forgiven if you turned up on wednesday expecting Zemamma to play alongside the new signings, quite excited about seeing him work with them. As baldy says, it does not take much to let the fans know, its as if they dont care? :wink:

I'm_cabbaged
31-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Reading that it looks like there could be something in the bag. :thumbsup:

Removed
31-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Stupid statement though imo. Imagine you get all your information regarding hibs from the official site, you'd be forgiven if you turned up on wednesday expecting Zemamma to play alongside the new signings, quite excited about seeing him work with them. As baldy says, it does not take much to let the fans know, its as if they dont care? :wink:

Do you remember what I'm talking about or am I imagining it?

Badge
Message up now.
Suggests that there may still be some activity before the window shuts.

blackpoolhibs
Oh yes they do!

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20110131/transfer-update_2262950_2281344

:na na:

About time, seems they have a change of policy. :top marks

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Do you remember what I'm talking about or am I imagining it?

No mate, there was a statement saying the club don't comment on players leaving, just those who arrive. At the time i thought it was a strange policy, but it now seems thats changed with tonights announcement. :top marks

Perspective
31-01-2011, 07:56 PM
Have you got an invite to the fans forum?

No. I've made these kind of points, as have others I know, directly in recent times but it's like banging your head off a brick wall.

The club have their strategies in various departments and there seems to be no margin for deviation.

I'm afraid to say I've little faith in the people running the show, with a few honourable exceptions.

Hiber-nation
Message up now.
Suggests that there may still be some activity before the window shuts.

"The Club will publish a full summary of transfer activity once all business has been concluded after the transfer window closes later tonight. "

So we're getting a striker and a centre back after all then... :greengrin

Barney McGrew
About time, seems they have a change of policy. :top marks

Or more likely someone from the club has seen this thread :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2011, 08:01 PM

At last, least we are being kept in the loop (eventually):wink:

Pretty Boy
31-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Am i seeing things or does the official site say we have signed Divis on loan for 12 months? The beeb and Sky said until the end of the season but if the official site is correct that would mean we have him until this time next year.

ScottB
31-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Fundamentally, it is not unrealistic to expect the club to pay someone to man the official site on a day like today. The Hibs site should be the first place to go for Hibs news, if it was it would drive up hits, improve it's search engine rankings, increase advertising sales and maybe more of us would decide to buy merch while having a look.

As it stands I get my Hibs news here or on the Beeb!

steviecarnie
31-01-2011, 08:07 PM
the clubs stance on the official site and facebook/twitter is nonsense, it would take a person no more than 2 minutes to put information up on these platforms,

a simple copy and paste for the facebook/twitters, while putting a statement on to a webpage is one of the easiest things i do in web design!!

Geo_1875
31-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Would you rather the Club made a daily statement on all the transfer targets they've missed out on. They've announced every signing on the day. What more can they do? They let everyone know that Hogg was released. It's not up to Hibs to announce who he signed for.

Removed
31-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Fundamentally, it is not unrealistic to expect the club to pay someone to man the official site on a day like today. The Hibs site should be the first place to go for Hibs news, if it was it would drive up hits, improve it's search engine rankings, increase advertising sales and maybe more of us would decide to buy merch while having a look.

As it stands I get my Hibs news here or on the Beeb!

The club should just pay Hibs.net then :agree:

and I should get life pm for free for suggesting it :thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Would you rather the Club made a daily statement on all the transfer targets they've missed out on. They've announced every signing on the day. What more can they do? They let everyone know that Hogg was released. It's not up to Hibs to announce who he signed for.

No. All they have to do is to let us know who comes in and who goes. Basic house keeping if you like.......

Wembley67

Totally agree. I've not had a season for ages now. Do they still offer wee perks like money off vouchers at the back of the book?

Come to think of it did you not used to get free access to hibs.tv with your season??

flash
Reading that it looks like there could be something in the bag. :thumbsup:

aye probably riordan leaving.

Jay
31-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Totally agree. I've not had a season for ages now. Do they still offer wee perks like money off vouchers at the back of the book?

Come to think of it did you not used to get free access to hibs.tv with your season??

Book? Whats this book thing you quote?? Its a card now Wembs :greengrin

Wembley67
31-01-2011, 08:17 PM
Book? Whats this book thing you quote?? Its a card now Wembs :greengrin

Blah blah ;-)

The_Sauz
31-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Am i seeing things or does the official site say we have signed Divis on loan for 12 months? The beeb and Sky said until the end of the season but if the official site is correct that would mean we have him until this time next year.
Got for a year's loan with the option to keep him here longer :wink:

Hibee1
31-01-2011, 08:27 PM
I emailied the board a few hours ago commenting on their lack of information regarding updates such as this. I basically told them fans were finding the main site too slow in terms of deals and that we should not have to rely on outside sources of media. I'm glad to see they responded finally. :agree:

Removed
31-01-2011, 08:34 PM
I emailied the board a few hours ago commenting on their lack of information regarding updates such as this. I basically told them fans were finding the main site too slow in terms of deals and that we should not have to rely on outside sources of media. I'm glad to see they responded finally. :agree:

While you're at it can you sort out ticketing, booking fees, standing, price of food and the pa announcer :thumbsup: