PDA

View Full Version : Hibs in for Charlton striker Akpo Sodje??

JimBHibees
31-01-2011, 04:46 PM
This article seems to suggest so.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=3636&headline=Exclusive%3A

SRHibs
31-01-2011, 04:49 PM
"A journeyman player, his two years at Sheffield Wednesday is the longest he has spent at one club."

Sounds inspiring.

ac1
31-01-2011, 04:50 PM

Looks a bit of a journeyman from Wikipedia but you never know!

johnrebus
31-01-2011, 04:51 PM

Having just checked the clubs he's played at and the goals he's scored, then........,

If this is the level we have descended to, then God help us.

:boo hoo:

Hermit Crab
31-01-2011, 04:51 PM

:hmmm:

J-C
31-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Was this guy not rumoured about a couple of weeks ago, seems CC is after around 3 strikers at the moment, looks like ask about 3-4 and hopefully get a couple of them signed. :agree:

Wilson
31-01-2011, 04:53 PM
"A journeyman player, his two years at Sheffield Wednesday is the longest he has spent at one club."

Sounds inspiring.

Given our current appetite for loan signings I don't believe that the duration of a player's stay is of the greatest importance to hibs just now.

Improving the squad and beating the drop are the priorities. If he'll help us do that then great.

Beefster
31-01-2011, 04:53 PM
I know that we've been speaking to Rooney but I can't believe that Hibs are left scrabbling about for a stop-gap striker on deadline day again.

JimBHibees
31-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I know that we've been speaking to Rooney but I can't believe that Hibs are left scrabbling about for a stop-gap striker on deadline day again.

Certainly has all the hallmarks, Bogdanovic, Tyson, Sodje last minute loans, scatter gun approach and see who will take the bait if any.

iwasthere1972
31-01-2011, 04:58 PM
1 goal in 21 games.

Just what we're looking for. :rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
31-01-2011, 04:59 PM

maybe a fee has been agreed but the players personal terms are the "stumbling block"?

JimBHibees
31-01-2011, 05:02 PM

Given the number of strikers we appear to be geting linked with, personally hope this is part of some negotiating strategy Hibs are playing to force ICT's hand to release Rooney now. Worrying if not the case.

Greenblood70
31-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Oh ffs I hope this isn't true...

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Whilst I've always been pro-board, now is the time to go that extra mile and back the manager above and beyond the limit of their resources. We cannot afford to bring in 7th/8th choice footballers.

Sergey
I've actually seen this guy in the flesh a couple of times, and once this season.

Think Clayton Donaldson without the pace and that'll give you an idea of the guy.

The Charlton fans must be rejoicing if they see the back of him. He's not very good.

Still, he might do a job under the guidance of CC.

Beefster
maybe a fee has been agreed but the players personal terms are the "stumbling block"?

There's absolutely no relevance to my point. It's not as if no-one could have foreseen someone not signing because they wanted more than we will pay.

With the wages that the Chairman, Chief Exec, the mythical Scouting Coordinator, Manager, Assistant Manager, Coaches and the rest are picking up, I don't think expecting a Plan B is out of the question. Instead, it would appear, from press reports, that we're casting the net wide on the last day of the window (yet again) to see which journeyman reserve that we can pick up on loan or short-term contract.

JimBHibees
31-01-2011, 05:06 PM
I've actually seen this guy in the flesh a couple of times, and once this season.

Think Clayton Donaldson without the pace and that'll give you an idea of the guy.

The Charlton fans must be rejoicing if they see the back of him. He's not very good.

That sounds encouraging. :greengrin

Wilson
31-01-2011, 05:07 PM

That is where you are going wrong. Have you seen him in a football strip? :wink:

Pedantic_Hibee
31-01-2011, 05:09 PM
That is where you are going wrong. Have you seen him in a football strip? :wink:

So when Sergey PM'd me and said he's a 'big lad who loves a tackle', it would appear I interpreted it wrongly?

Greenblood70
31-01-2011, 05:12 PM

I think I'd actually prefer it if we didn't sign anyone else rather than these last minute panic buys.

Still got my fingers crossed that all the movement out the way is clearing the decks for a decent signing. The alternative interpretation is too unpalletable to contemplate.

Winston Ingram
31-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Sodje is a defender

Andy74
31-01-2011, 05:20 PM
I think I'd actually prefer it if we didn't sign anyone else rather than these last minute panic buys.

Still got my fingers crossed that all the movement out the way is clearing the decks for a decent signing. The alternative interpretation is too unpalletable to contemplate.

This is just the way it works, we'll have an idea what we want and an idea of some of the players available but others become available and the ones you want all have other options.

Clubs don't know who to let go until they've signed someone else and it's all a big merry go round.

BEEJ
31-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Given the number of strikers we appear to be geting linked with, personally hope this is part of some negotiating strategy Hibs are playing to force ICT's hand to release Rooney now. Worrying if not the case.
:agree: Those were my exact thoughts / hopes on the situation.

PaulSmith
31-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Sodje is a defender

I think there are a couple of Sodje's, Eftie was a one time Hibs target and is a CH

greenlex
31-01-2011, 05:26 PM
:agree: Those were my exact thoughts / hopes on the situation.
And mine :pray::pray::pray::pray:

scoopyboy
31-01-2011, 05:27 PM
I think there are a couple of Sodje's, Eftie was a one time Hibs target and is a CH

There are several brothers all playing professional football.

wick hibby
31-01-2011, 05:36 PM
1 goal in 21 games.

He will fit in no bother :thumbsup:

Feed McGraw
31-01-2011, 05:38 PM

Kind of like the Showumnis` :greengrin

Kaiser1962
31-01-2011, 05:41 PM
There's absolutely no relevance to my point. It's not as if no-one could have foreseen someone not signing because they wanted more than we will pay.

With the wages that the Chairman, Chief Exec, the mythical Scouting Coordinator, Manager, Assistant Manager, Coaches and the rest are picking up, I don't think expecting a Plan B is out of the question. Instead, it would appear, from press reports, that we're casting the net wide on the last day of the window (yet again) to see which journeyman reserve that we can pick up on loan or short-term contract.

I wasnt questioning your point. Sorry if it read like that. I was saying I think we were/are trying to tie up a couple of deals but they dont look like they're coming off and I agree, we appear to on about plan F. But when we're getting knocked back by Sheffield United reserves it shows the level of the SPL's stock.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 05:50 PM

:faf::faf::top marks

Shrekko
31-01-2011, 05:55 PM

Thank goodness they're all playing pro football as opposed to some other occupation which would allow the comedians on here to have their now statutory 'I'd rather have (insert name of random famous non-football player) Sodje playing for Hibs', whenever we get linked with anyone. :wink:

Kaiser1962
31-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Nearly bit..............:greengrin

JoeTortolanoFanClub
31-01-2011, 06:01 PM

This one is indeed a forward. I saw him a few years ago playing non-league. Strong but slow.

Kaiser1962
31-01-2011, 06:03 PM
This one is indeed a forward. I saw him a few years ago playing non-league. Strong but slow.

We probably need someone who can hold the ball till the others arrive. If Nish was a bit stronger yesterday we would have been in on them a number of times.

Jack
31-01-2011, 06:09 PM
1 goal in 21 games.

15 goals in 89 :rolleyes:, still I have a Nigerian flag that will make him feel at home! :greengrin

sambajustice
31-01-2011, 06:19 PM
We were linked with Joel Cantona once!

--------
31-01-2011, 06:31 PM
1 goal in 21 games.

Maybe he's the 21st century version of Ally Scott....

.... or maybe we shouldn't be writing the bloke off before we've seen him, before he's even signed for us??????

E10 Rifle
31-01-2011, 06:31 PM
He is absolutely rubbish:worried:

Golden Bear
31-01-2011, 06:32 PM
He is absolutely rubbish:worried:

A quick phone call is required methinks. Go to it!!

sahib
31-01-2011, 06:51 PM
That Corrie bloke will be worried in case he hears the Sodje's song at ER again.

BigKev
31-01-2011, 07:08 PM
I saw him play for Wednesday a couple of times. He's not that clever but can hold the ball up well. Would be rather underwhelmed should he sign especially now he's getting on...

I'm_cabbaged
31-01-2011, 07:11 PM
That Corrie bloke will be worried in case he hears the Sodje's song at ER again.

:thumbsup:

The Pygmy national anthem. :greengrin

JimBHibees
31-01-2011, 07:23 PM
I saw him play for Wednesday a couple of times. He's not that clever but can hold the ball up well. Would be rather underwhelmed should he sign especially now he's getting on...

Maybe that is what we need even on a short term basis.

givescotlandfreedom
31-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Charlton fans certainly don't seem too unhappy he's gone:
"Are those celebrations outside The Valley on Sky News or Egypt?? "

MB62
01-02-2011, 11:34 AM
He is seemingly a centre-half turned centre forward.
As we are more in desperate of a centre half, hopefully C.C. will play him in his natural role back there.

bingo70
01-02-2011, 11:38 AM
He is seemingly a centre-half turned centre forward.
As we are more in desperate of a centre half, hopefully C.C. will play him in his natural role back there.

I'd disagree, i think getting a new striker in was a bigger priority, both hanlon and dickoh are more competant in there positions than Nish or Deeks are at playing the lone striker role and that appears to be the formation CC is going to go with.

One thing though, with this boy being an ex centre half, hopefully he'll be able to help out at set pieces against us.