PDA

View Full Version : DeGraf On Loan To Exelsior In Holland

Taz_hibee
31-01-2011, 03:43 PM
SSN just reported he has been loaned until end of season to I think a Dutch team

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 03:45 PM
:thumbsup:

col02
Good news for all parties concerned! If that was Hughes prestige signing last Summer then I think it fair to say he did not have an eye for a player!

Speedway
:agree:

Excelsior I believe.

The_Horde
31-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Gutted. Hoped to see more of Eddie.

Phil D. Rolls
31-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Hope it all works out for Eddie, unrealistic expectations were attached to him. I could see him doing a job in a harder working midfield than ours.

HibbyAndy
31-01-2011, 03:49 PM
box to box player my arse.

MB62
31-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Good news for all parties concerned! If that was Hughes prestige signing last Summer then I think it fair to say he did not have an eye for a player!

And apparently Yogi told him, after he was sacked by Hibs, that he would happily take De Graff anywhere he was manager.
Maybe that's one of the reasons Yogi is no longer the Hibs manager.

Hibees07
Thank god, lets hope thats a wage freed up for a centre back or forward.

flash
Yet another big wage off the bill yet nobody of any note in.

We are getting shafted yet again.

basehibby
31-01-2011, 03:51 PM
SSN just reported he has been loaned until end of season to I think a Dutch team

Well I can't argue with that one - De Graff has been a major disappointment and no doubt about it - just doesn't seem to be up to the pace of the Scottish game.

greenlex
31-01-2011, 03:51 PM

Give it ****ing rest will you. We have just signed half a team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iwasthere1972
31-01-2011, 03:52 PM

What sport are this Dutch team involved in?

Andy74

Dunno about that, under Hughes he scored a couple in his first game at home and then had several chances, albeit he missesd them!

Now we don't create chances and he certainly hasn't been used the same way as he has been hanging back.

I think if Hughes had still been his manager he'd have been used the way he was intended to be and had a chance gone in sometime he would have gone on to do well.

As it is it's best all round that he gets away.

Like a lot of things it seems accepted fact here that he's mince but I don't believe that to be true at all.

Scooter

Excelsior I believe.

derekHFC

I thought the transfer window closed at midnight, not at 3:50pm!

mr mojo risin
31-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Good, he is garbage

erin go bragh
31-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Hope it all works out for Eddie, unrealistic expectations were attached to him. I could see him doing a job in a harder working midfield than ours.
i cant [are you yogi ?] lol
ggtth

greenlex
31-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Dunno about that, under Hughes he scored a couple in his first game at home and then had several chances, albeit he missesd them!

Now we don't create chances and he certainly hasn't been used the same way as he has been hanging back.

I think if Hughes had still been his manager he'd have been used the way he was intended to be and had a chance gone in sometime he would have gone on to do well.

Like a lot of things it seems accepted fact here that he's mince but I don't believe that to be true at all.

What like the box to box midfielder Hughes told us he was. :confused:

HibeeMcGinn1
31-01-2011, 03:54 PM

:taxi

Nando™
31-01-2011, 03:55 PM
I wanted to talk to him..

Phil D. Rolls
31-01-2011, 03:55 PM
i cant [are you yogi ?] lol
ggtth

I'm not, but I can give it a right good go. :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
31-01-2011, 03:57 PM

No real loss. We either get him back next year a fit and better player, or he gets going in his own country and doesn't want to come back. Either way it is win/win for us. What a huge let down he has been though. No use dwelling on ifs and ands, but I do wonder where he would be if he had stuck that one away against Rangers.

Hibees07
Its ironic that we are up s@@t creak without a paddle yet the board still make a mint during the transfer window. Amazing!

The_Horde
I wanted to talk to him..

I suppose he got what was coming to him, what had he done for us lately..

Phil D. Rolls
31-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Its ironic that we are up s@@t creak without a paddle yet the board still make a mint during the transfer window. Amazing!

We won't know until a) the window closes, b) the accounts for this year come out.

col02
31-01-2011, 04:01 PM

He was never up to the pace of the Scottish game sadly imho and never would be! What I will concede is that he had the odd spell in a match here and there where you could tell he could be a decent player in a proper enviroment for his style of play but over the piece he never showed it often enough for Hibs.

flash
31-01-2011, 04:01 PM

Aye whatever. We also have no forward line and the worst defence in the SPL but whats that between friends.

whereswallace?
31-01-2011, 04:02 PM
There are others i would like to have seen moved on ahead of Degraf but i cant say im overly concerned to see him go. Im sure CC isnt daft and will be working hard to get in a striker at the very least and hopefully a centre half aswell. IMO we could probably just about cope for the rest of the season without the CH if we get a decent striker in.

Andy74
31-01-2011, 04:03 PM
What like the box to box midfielder Hughes told us he was. :confused:

Yes, a bit like the guy who was getting into the box often enough early season to have scored two and then missed about four sitters.

He was getting into those positions and his luck would have turned.

Still, he seems to be away so move on for the moment and good luck to him!

RIP
31-01-2011, 04:03 PM
And apparently Yogi told him, after he was sacked by Hibs, that he would happily take De Graff anywhere he was manager.
Maybe that's one of the reasons Yogi is no longer the Hibs manager.

Is this the same De Graaf that Yogi had never heard of prior to his trial at Hibs?

Andy74
31-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Aye whatever. We also have no forward line and the worst defence in the SPL but whats that between friends.

I actually agree with you. If the the window closes without another couple of very good players I'd be disappointed considering the bodies we've been able to shift, all high earners and a couple with fees brought in.

Beefster
31-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Yes, a bit like the guy who was getting into the box often enough early season to have scored two and then missed about four sitters.

He was getting into those positions and his luck would have turned.

Still, he seems to be away so move on for the moment and good luck to him!

You're wasting your time, Andy. Some folk had decided that he was ***** after the home game against Maribor, despite him scoring twice. That's Hibs fans for you - we don't allow players to settle or adjust to living in a foreign country.

Nando™
31-01-2011, 04:07 PM
;2719277']I suppose he got what was coming to him, what had he done for us lately..
Ken, all I wanted was half an effort..

KWJ
31-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Shame that his best game was his last.

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 04:08 PM
I wonder why he looked like he was trying when he came on at half time against Rangers....

Scouts in the stands ? :cool2:

The_Horde
31-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Ken, all I wanted was half an effort..

Instead we got a crazy dutchman with an attitude.

greenlex
31-01-2011, 04:09 PM
You're wasting your time, Andy. Some folk had decided that he was ***** after the home game against Maribor, despite him scoring twice. That's Hibs fans for you - we don't allow players to settle or adjust to living in a foreign country.
Sorry lads he was finished. Box to box that struggled to run? If he couldnt stand out or even feature in that midfield he was no use to us. Opinions eh?

MacBean
31-01-2011, 04:11 PM

We've signed 5 players, with possibly 2 more, and got rid of a player who we don't want to see in our first 11. What's the problem?

Yes we haven't signed a striker or a centre half, however we have improved the team. So much for getting shafted. :taxi

Reaper
31-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Wish him the best but one of the worst players I've seen in a while in a Hibs shirt and that's saying something just now. Not sad at all to see him go.

Shows waht an arse Yogi is when he compared his experience and skill to a signing of the Sauzee stature. The only thing I could compare him to in the same breath as 'Le God' is that both had their boots clean on matchdays. End of comparison.

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 04:13 PM
So De Graff could be playing against Ajax, PSV and co...ok :greengrin

I see the team he has gone to are 3rd bottom.

One relegation scrap to another :wink:

iwasthere1972
31-01-2011, 04:13 PM
I wonder why he looked like he was trying when he came on at half time against Rangers....

Scouts in the stands ? :cool2:

Aye he might be a dab hand at putting up a tent but kicking a baw no chance.

Good to hear that the Dutchman is on his bike.

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Aye he might be a dab hand at putting up a tent but kicking a baw no chance.

Good to hear that the Dutchman is on his bike.

:faf::faf:

SneakersO'Toole
31-01-2011, 04:16 PM
One of the worst midfielders I've seen in a Hibs shirt in 20years watching Hibs and I don't think that's an exaggeration.

grantonhibee
31-01-2011, 04:18 PM
great news , now nish lol

Lofarl
31-01-2011, 04:25 PM
I feel for Eddie. He defo had a football brain and did play some great through ball passes to our lazy a hell strikeforce who could not read a good pass if it written on a massive card.

Make no mistake a player who captains a dutch side for 7 years in the dutch league is no mug. Perhaps yogi oversold the guy to us, but we are great at hailing people as great players before insisting they are tom kite. Travis was lauded to heaven after the ibrox game, as was duffy. Now most people would hit them with sticks. I'm sure pallson who had a decent game yesterday will get the same treatment too. Messi one week, mercer the next.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 04:29 PM
I have heard he's giving up the game, and taken up mountaineering. He's starting of in Holland just to ease him in.

3pm
31-01-2011, 04:30 PM
I think De Graff has been a disappointment. There have been a couple of glimpses of the ability he had shown pre-Hibs but he hasn't done enough.

Thought his best game was v Motherwell that we won 2-1. That was the minimum we should have been getting from but like many of his colleagues it hasn't happened.

Good luck to him, hope he does well and gets a permanent deal with them.

flash
31-01-2011, 04:34 PM
We've signed 5 players, with possibly 2 more, and got rid of a player who we don't want to see in our first 11. What's the problem?

Yes we haven't signed a striker or a centre half, however we have improved the team. So much for getting shafted. :taxi

Don't you agree that without the two more we are in dresperate trouble?

SMAXXA
31-01-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm not, but I can give it a right good go. :greengrin

But are your boys giving you everything :greengrin

basehibby
31-01-2011, 05:01 PM
I have heard he's giving up the game, and taken up mountaineering. He's starting of in Holland just to ease him in.

:thumbsup: LOL at that one

Phil D. Rolls
31-01-2011, 05:10 PM
But are your boys giving you everything :greengrin

If thi dinnae thi cun shape up or ship owt.

Kaiser1962
31-01-2011, 05:14 PM
If thi dinnae thi cun shape up or ship owt.

Fitba folk ken what yer oan aboot

iwasthere1972
31-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Some folk I know say that he's not fit to shovel shiit. I say he is. :agree:

It's probably about all he's good at. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
31-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Fitba folk ken what yer oan aboot

It's jist a pitty thir wisnae any in muh team, ken?

down-the-slope
31-01-2011, 07:02 PM

I liked Eddie..funny his last 45 mins were prabably his best. Still think he is a footballer who was bought down to the level of others....

seanshow
31-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Excellent another player who was no way near good enough away from the club.

box to box player my arse.

6yrd to 18yrd

It's hard to look like your running in quicksand on a football pitch but I think he managed it.

I would imagine he'd be good at 5 a side though. :greengrin ...... or that beach soccer

BEEJ
31-01-2011, 07:38 PM
I think De Graff has been a disappointment. There have been a couple of glimpses of the ability he had shown pre-Hibs but he hasn't done enough.

Good luck to him, hope he does well and gets a permanent deal with them.
:agree: His legs were shot; physically he seems to be a pale shadow of the player he once was. Perhaps down to injury.

He did manage to get into those scoring positions earlier in the season (only to miss some golden opportunities in the process) but he would then struggle to keep up with the play as it charged back towards our goal. Double whammy! :greengrin Converting a couple of those chances might have bought him a bit more time but ultimately he would have been found out anyway.

He may still be back at ER though - only a loan until the end of the season and he has a contract with us until June 2012. :cool2:

iwasthere1972
31-01-2011, 07:41 PM
The only downside of the loan news is that he's coming back.

ScottB
31-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Will be interesting to see how he does back in Holland in comparison. I have a sneaking suspicion a lot of our current issues must be down to coaching / training, as well as an obvious (and infectious) lack of confidence.

How De Graaf and the others many around here deemed so mince as to think they'd never get into another club could tell us a lot about just how bad things are here.

tamig
31-01-2011, 08:30 PM

Can't agree with you on some of that. I like de Graaf but it was Hughes who started playing him out of position. We were told he was a box to box central midfielder and Hughes played him out wide right a lot of the time. I think that's when the boy's confidence started to go.

I really hope he does well back in Holland and that we might just see a better more confident de Graaf return next season. I'm not so sure Calderwood fancies him though so he may be gone forever. Much to the delight of more than few on here.

hibsbollah
31-01-2011, 08:34 PM

Well done calderwood, credit where its due:thumbsup:

tamig
31-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Will be interesting to see how he does back in Holland in comparison. I have a sneaking suspicion a lot of our current issues must be down to coaching / training, as well as an obvious (and infectious) lack of confidence.

How De Graaf and the others many around here deemed so mince as to think they'd never get into another club could tell us a lot about just how bad things are here.

Absolutely. And not to mention the fantastic support they enjoy from the stands. :rolleyes:

EasterRoad4Ever
31-01-2011, 08:44 PM
If you consider the big talk by De Graff when he signed for Hibs, he must be one of the most disappointing signings ever by the ER club. WHAT Hughes saw in this guy I'll never know. His legs were gone from day 1. He is one of the sloooowwwwest players in the SPL, and his misses from 3 yards out will sadly live long in the memory. What a complete waste of money and a jersey.

Erm good luck to DeG.

lucky
31-01-2011, 08:45 PM
The guy was to slow for the SPL. He will do okay in a league which has a slow build up. Personally I will not be sad to see him go

ScottB
31-01-2011, 08:54 PM
If you consider the big talk by De Graff when he signed for Hibs, he must be one of the most disappointing signings ever by the ER club. WHAT Hughes saw in this guy I'll never know. His legs were gone from day 1. He is one of the sloooowwwwest players in the SPL, and his misses from 3 yards out will sadly live long in the memory. What a complete waste of money and a jersey.

Erm good luck to DeG.

Or, when you consider that he played in the top Dutch league as a captain, and seems to have had no bother getting himself a club there again, did we (as in our coaches, training programmes, whatever) make him this way?

The more this happens (us signing what would appear to be good players only to watch them get worse and worse and worse), the more I think it is something the club is doing to them...

sh00byd00
31-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Good. I hope another 8 'first' teamers follow him out the door. Not sad in the slightest.

Jonnyboy
31-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I recall a conversation I had with a Den Haag fan when I pointed out we'd signed their former player Edwin De Graaf and that fan's response was he was finished; too old; legs had gone etc. Admitted he was a good player in his day but not anymore.

Personally I feel sorry for Ed because I'm certain he gave of his best. Sadly Yogi had bummed him up so much we were looking for a helluva lot more than we got.

Good luck to the lad I say

The Voice Of Reason
31-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Or, when you consider that he played in the top Dutch league as a captain, and seems to have had no bother getting himself a club there again, did we (as in our coaches, training programmes, whatever) make him this way?

The more this happens (us signing what would appear to be good players only to watch them get worse and worse and worse), the more I think it is something the club is doing to them...

Sorry mate, but that is "paralysis by analysis".

The simple fact is that De Graaf is a Dud. That is what can happen when you sign a player without actually seeing him in the flesh.

De Graaf, Hart, Smith - all DREADFUL signings by Hughes and Rice....and by our standards all on big money too. :grr:

ScottB
31-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Sorry mate, but that is "paralysis by analysis".

The simple fact is that De Graaf is a Dud. That is what can happen when you sign a player without actually seeing him in the flesh.

De Graaf, Hart, Smith - all DREADFUL signings by Hughes and Rice....and by our standards all on big money too. :grr:

Just consider the amount of guys this could be applied to, players that have come here with good reps and degenerated steadily downwards; De Graaf, Hart, Smith, Miller, Rankin, Nish, Makalambay, O'Brien... It's a worryingly long list!

Either our scouts are mince or our coaches are!

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Just consider the amount of guys this could be applied to, players that have come here with good reps and degenerated steadily downwards; De Graaf, Hart, Smith, Miller, Rankin, Nish, Makalambay, O'Brien... It's a worryingly long list!

In my opinion its the scouts, none of the players we have signed ever go on to better themselves when they leave easter road. How many of that lot would you put money on doing so?

Removed
31-01-2011, 09:28 PM

Surely not Maka :confused:

eastmainsmsh
01-02-2011, 09:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_-_H3XM48o

Is this Eddies Brother :confused:

GreenCastle
01-02-2011, 10:40 PM
No De Graff on the team page or list on the main site :confused:

Zemmama still on there :confused:

spike220
02-02-2011, 03:46 AM
What sport are this Dutch team involved in?

:greengrin

Gala Foxes
02-02-2011, 05:57 AM
Exelsior sounds more like a Hotel than a football club - maybe he has got anew position as a porter