PDA

View Full Version : zoomer

Kevin@green
31-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Zoomer away , sky sports reporting deal compleated , sorry to see him go hope he does well :agree:

Reaper
31-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Best of luck to him but I'm not too dissappointed. Great player on his day but far far too often a passenger. Not what we need right now.

mr mojo risin
31-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Best of luck to him but I'm not too dissappointed. Great player on his day but far far too often a passenger. Not what we need right now.
Best of luck to him. Interested to see how he does.

Kevin@green
31-01-2011, 01:39 PM

I think your right to be honest, more players like Scott is what we need right now,will miss his talent when things are going well , onwards and upwards

:flag:

James70
31-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Hope he does well down there, he'll be hoping that Boyd is on his way out though after his antics at Ibrox when he blatantly assaulted the wee man and got away with it.

Liam89
31-01-2011, 01:53 PM
We let him go on loan, treat his constant injuries and he vowed to pay us back with performances.. That happened right enough :rolleyes:

His good performances were few and far between.

Beefster
31-01-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm disappointed in Zemmama. Hibs ended up paying an unexpectedly large fee for him because of his issues, let him go out on loan for a year because of his issues, looked after him during his injuries (which admittedly occurred due to Hibs) and he leaves at the first opportunity.

I don't think he's a major loss though. Exciting wee player when on form, which has been rare since his return, but contributes nothing much the rest of the time.

jacomo
31-01-2011, 01:58 PM
I remember when the Morroccans signed that some of our neighbours predicted it would end badly - the SPL being no place for North African flair. Seems they were right...

When will see a player with his touch in a Hibs jersey again eh?

Thecat23
31-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Maybe he might have stayed if offered a new contract? Anyone know if Hibs did? Maybe they wanted to just cash in on him before is contract is out. Good on his day as stated but hasn't been on form for a very long time. Good luck wee man.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Best of luck to him but i just can't see him being a success in what is a very tough league.

jacomo
31-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Best of luck to him but i just can't see him being a success in what is a very tough league.

Why not? I think he could have a Russell Latapy - type influence on that team. Mowbray will set his team up to play everything through Zoomer if he can.

ForeverHibs93
31-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Best of luck to the wee man, great player on his day, and I'm disappointed we've let him go.

Mikey_1875
31-01-2011, 02:10 PM
what a waste of time and money. all the support and treatment and the club get 3 poor games in return

Pretty Boy
31-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Why not? I think he could have a Russell Latapy - type influence on that team. Mowbray will set his team up to play everything through Zoomer if he can.

Because he was anonymous in a fair few games for Hibs. Great player on his day no doubt but his day wasn't always often enough. There are a lot of teams in the Championship that are of a far higher quality than the SPL, it is a very physical league, not a big part of Zemmamas game. They can try to play everything through him, i'm sure that is Mowbrays plan but i just don't see it happening for him. And Zemmama is nowhere near the quality of Latapy in his prime.

heretoday
I can see him getting injured again as he is very lightweight. TM obviously rates him though.

basehibby
I'm disappointed in Zemmama. Hibs ended up paying an unexpectedly large fee for him because of his issues, let him go out on loan for a year because of his issues, looked after him during his injuries (which admittedly occurred due to Hibs) and he leaves at the first opportunity.

I don't think he's a major loss though. Exciting wee player when on form, which has been rare since his return, but contributes nothing much the rest of the time.

I'm disappointed in Petrie and Calderwood - they had the last say on this matter and opted to take a cut price fee rather than keep a genuine talent in the side to help us battle relegation.
I'm not at all convinced that Zemama would have lacked commitment for the last 6 months of his deal with Hibs - that was never a problem before with him as a player and he is on record as stating that he felt he owed Hibs for the way the club looked after him.
Crazy decision by Petrie/Calderwood IMO.

All the best of luck to Zoomer down south by the way - was a pleasure to watch him play in the green and white and he goes with my best wishes.

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Hum... will miss the guy. He was a player that could get fans on their feet.

On his day he could be unplayable. He was inconsistent but we are talking about SPL level here and could do things others struggled with.

Hibs did look after him pretty well but can understand why they let him leave for 200,000 considering he is out of contract in the summer and they don't know if he will get back to form after being out injured for so long.

With Boro - will be interesting to see how he does - probably be next season before you can make judgement as he's clearly not match fit.

We do need hard workers right now - but players like Zoomer did have an eye for a pass and were creative - something we have been missing for a while.

Good luck at Boro.

greenlex
31-01-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm disappointed in Petrie and Calderwood - they had the last say on this matter and opted to take a cut price fee rather than keep a genuine talent in the side to help us battle relegation.
I'm not at all convinced that Zemama would have lacked commitment for the last 6 months of his deal with Hibs - that was never a problem before with him as a player and he is on record as stating that he felt he owed Hibs for the way the club looked after him.

All the best of luck to Zoomer down south by the way - was a pleasure to watch him play in the green and white and he goes with my best wishes.
200k Cut price? Zemamma has no doubt increased his wages considerably. He would almost definately not been here after the summer. Not disappointed in this piece of business. 200k into the pot to rebuild short or long term.

Billy Whizz
31-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Now on Official Boro site
Undisclosed fee and a 3 and a half year deal

http://www.mfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,1,00.html

basehibby
31-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Hum... will miss the guy. He was a player that could get fans on their feet.

On his day he could be unplayable. He was inconsistent but we are talking about SPL level here and could do things others struggled with.

Hibs did look after him pretty well but can understand why they let him leave for 200,000 considering he is out of contract in the summer and they don't know if he will get back to form after being out injured for so long.

With Boro - will be interesting to see how he does - probably be next season before you can make judgement as he's clearly not match fit.

We do need hard workers right now - but players like Zoomer did have an eye for a pass and were creative - something we have been missing for a while.

Good luck at Boro.

Exactly - I was looking to him to be the creative spark to drag us out of the doldrums - was only a matter of him blowing away the cobwebs IMO.
Now we are back to square one and HOPING that the new arrivals will step up to the mark and justify his departure.
Like I said above - a crazy decision in current circumstances.

basehibby
31-01-2011, 02:35 PM
200k Cut price? Zemamma has no doubt increased his wages considerably. He would almost definately not been here after the summer. Not disappointed in this piece of business. 200k into the pot to rebuild short or long term.

If we were comfortably mid table then maybe I'd agree with you but we're not!
If Zemama's departure contributes to our relegation then this will be a very long distance away from a good piece of business.

greenlex
31-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Exactly - I was looking to him to be the creative spark to drag us out of the doldrums - was only a matter of him blowing away the cobwebs IMO.
Now we are back to square one and HOPING that the new arrivals will step up to the mark and justify his departure.
Like I said above - a crazy decision in current circumstances.
Instead of Hoping Zemamma would either reach the heights he occaisionally showed and stayed fit. Calderwoods call in the end. Lets hope its the right one.

basehibby
31-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Instead of Hoping Zemamma would either reach the heights he occaisionally showed and stayed fit. Calderwoods call in the end. Lets hope its the right one.

I think you're missing my point that the option was there to keep Zooma AND recruit new faces - sure we would have lost out on 200K, but as an insurance against relegation that represents pretty good value IMO.
Regardless, I heartilly agree with the sentiments in bold - I'll be getting right behind the whole squad from here on in with fingers crossed that Calderwood and the board know what they're doing.

TheMentalHibees
31-01-2011, 03:01 PM
So much for loyalty. ********.

Kato
31-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Zemmama is nowhere near the quality of Latapy in his prime.

Exactly. That's because Latapy took pleasure in hurting the opposition any which way he could - a short pass two moves from a goal, a direct assist, an actual goal or just a run to distract a defender. Always unselfish. What I saw from Zoomer was great skill on the odd day every few weeks, but that was always tempered with a bit greediness - I don't find that a great loss to Hibs. Mixu got the best out of him by making sure he played a deeper role.

Good Luck to him anyway.

hibsbollah
31-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Gutted. Underrated by the tornfaced element of our support who appear to prefer constant. dull mediocrity to occasional genius. Our most entertaining player since russell, thanks for the memories.

Perspective
31-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Good luck to him.

Shame - like a few players recently - that they didn't have the right environment or situation to allow their talent to develop.

He's been unlucky there's been so much instability, never mind the off-field stuff.

Hopefully we can unearth a centre-back and striker from somewhere.

lapsedhibee
31-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Hopefully we can unearth a centre-back and striker from somewhere.

For a brief moment there I wondered whether a corpse in either or both of those positions might constitute an improvement on recent weeks. :greengrin

basehibby
31-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Gutted. Underrated by the tornfaced element of our support who appear to prefer constant. dull mediocrity to occasional genius. Our most entertaining player since russell, thanks for the memories.

:agree::top marks

Hibee1
31-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Completely agree, although I thought that after all Hibs have done for him he would have stayed with us until the end of the season and tried to help us get out of this mess.
Calderwood was relaxed thinking it would be a pre-contract for next season. Zemmama gave us a spark when he came back and some hope but where do we go from here?
We have Scott who looks promising but recently our midfield has been non-existant.

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Now on Official Boro site
Undisclosed fee and a 3 and a half year deal

http://www.mfc.co.uk/page/Home/0,,1,00.html

Why is our official site so pathetic in updating latest news??

whiskyhibby
31-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Sorry to see him go......................A truely wonderful/frustrating player on his day (score out the one you dont think applicable!)

However he was always going to move on and I wish him all the best in his Boro career

:flag::flag:

James.
31-01-2011, 04:27 PM
So long Zouma and best of luck! Fond memories aplenty, especially when he scored within 30 seconds against the Huns last season having tore their whole team apart in the process.

Sad to see him go however he is not the type of player that we need right now when you're scrapping for points.

sKipper
31-01-2011, 04:38 PM

Totally agree.

The decline continues..............

Beefster
31-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Why is our official site so pathetic in updating latest news??

They issued a statement last week after the cup loss. How much communication do you want?!

Hibercelona
31-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Well and truly gutted to see him leave. :boo hoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiHzjde0vgk
:not worth:not worth:not worth

Good luck and thanks for some great memories. :agree:

random sub
31-01-2011, 05:04 PM
A big loss and sorry to see him go. This has weakened our team for the relegation fight and you have to query where the creativity in the final third will come from. Sad day.

woody47
31-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Will the pittance we got for his transfer cover the hospital bill for him over the past 3 years? He certainly had talent but too much hot and cold.

If he really wanted to repay Hibs, (his words) he could have signd an extension to his deal and THEN transferred ensuring that we actually go a decent amount for him.

However, like many players before talk is cheap and the first sign of an extra buck and offski.

Good luck to him anyway.

Mibbes Aye
31-01-2011, 05:25 PM

I don't buy that. Hibs (Petrie, if you like) turned down money for Beuzelin, in a similar situation because Mixu felt he could do a job pushing for a European spot. Relegation is a much bigger deal than a European place and it's nonsensical to suggest the board don''t know that.

Zemmama's gone because the manager didn't fancy him. I agree with him.

Not because we can get a fee moving him now. And not because he's seen as not suited for a relegation fight.

But because he's not part of the solution. He has a degree of natural talent which manifests itself all too rarely. I think Hibsbollah described him as an 'occasional genius'. He's not a genius and the 'occasional' is stretching it to say the least.

Someone like Latapy could stake half a claim to genius. He made the ball do the work and didn't just rely on his footwork, but had an understanding of movement and the spaces on the pitch in a manner which Zemmama wasn't close to.

Zemmama's brought a good few smiles to my face as a Hibs fan, but he's annoyed me as frequently, if not more, by wasting opportunities through not moving the ball for the betterment of the team.

Very likeable player but the team can improve by not relying on the sporadic trickery of a player who isn't capable of being the fulcrum of a successful SPL side, IMO.

Mon Dieu4
31-01-2011, 05:38 PM

Retire now, you will never beat that :top marks

(((Fergus)))
31-01-2011, 05:47 PM
I'm glad for his sake that he's gone and hope to see him in the Premiership year after next. Hibs are going nowhere and it would be criminal to keep him.

hibsbollah
31-01-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm glad for his sake that he's gone and hope to see him in the Premiership year after next. Hibs are going nowhere and it would be criminal to keep him.

Thats the way i'm starting to feel as well. He's better off with Mowbray and away from this shambles.

flash
31-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Thats the way i'm starting to feel as well. He's better off with Mowbray and away from this shambles.

Aye let's hope he remembered to thank Hibs for all our medical care and his visa to stay in the country.