PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk winding up?

CropleyWasGod
31-01-2011, 01:41 PM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere else... shoot me if it has been.... but there is an advert in The Scotsman today to the effect that HMRC have applied for Falkirk to be wound up.

Anybody have any info?

Peevemor
31-01-2011, 01:48 PM
I haven't seen this posted anywhere else... shoot me if it has been.... but there is an advert in The Scotsman today to the effect that HMRC have applied for Falkirk to be wound up.

Anybody have any info?

Sounds like a wind up. :agree:

Speedway
31-01-2011, 01:50 PM

Darn your speed of posting and darn you I mean.

PeeKay
31-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Isn't this the sort of thing that the yams have had on several occasions? A legal shot across the bows to get them to cough up on unpaid tax bills?

CropleyWasGod
31-01-2011, 02:00 PM

Definitely not a wind-up. It's the standard type of legal advert that is taken out for these type of proceedings. Was presented to the Court of Session on 24 January, a week ago, which is why I am surprised nothing has been said.

heretoday
31-01-2011, 02:04 PM
It's a misprint.

Falkirk have applied for HMFC to be wound up.:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
31-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Have Falkirk been living beyond their means again? There must be some sort of message for Hibs supporters in that.

easty
31-01-2011, 02:31 PM
So....if Falkirk are struggling for pennies does that mean we could have some of their players on the cheap? We never seem to get folk from Falkirk, I reckon we could get a few good players there. :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
31-01-2011, 02:34 PM
So....if Falkirk are struggling for pennies does that mean we could have some of their players on the cheap? We never seem to get folk from Falkirk, I reckon we could get a few good players there. :greengrin

I'm surprised no one has thought of this before, Falkirk players always do well wherever they end up. :agree:

CropleyWasGod
31-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm surprised no one has thought of this before, Falkirk players always do well wherever they end up. :agree:

:agree: Just look at the Showumni twins, for one..I mean two.

CropleyWasGod
31-01-2011, 08:11 PM
SSN now say agreement has been reached with HMRC over payment.

Moving along now, there was nothing to see.

The_Todd
31-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Glad this came to nothing, quite fond of Falkirk (the club, that is, not the place!)

Sir David Gray
01-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Glad this came to nothing, quite fond of Falkirk (the club, that is, not the place!)

:grr: And what, may I ask, is wrong with the "Speckled Church"?

MacBean
01-02-2011, 02:15 PM
:grr: And what, may I ask, is wrong with the "Speckled Church"?

alot :dunno:

:wink:

(that's a joke btw! only ever been to the stadium)

Sir David Gray
01-02-2011, 02:32 PM
alot :dunno:

(that's a joke btw! only ever been to the stadium)

:take that

I see you don't give an accurate description of where you're from!

If it's Gorgie, I'll understand! :wink:

happiehibbie
01-02-2011, 02:40 PM
I heard on Sat that the Huns are due the Taxman 30 million due to off sore accounts and trading here illegal i hear i twittered Mark benstead he has not come back the jurnos will not mention it because they will be bombed out castle Grey Skill if the do

Hal Jordan
01-02-2011, 02:43 PM
I used to drink in Falkirk quite regularly as a young man.
Unless they've really done the place up since I've been away, it's probably still a ****hole.
The best thing about Falkirk is the name of the Mill Inn's football team. Inter. :greengrin

MacBean
01-02-2011, 03:08 PM
:take that

I see you don't give an accurate description of where you're from!

If it's Gorgie, I'll understand! :wink:

Good guess - Not too far away. I'm at Murrayfield

PaulSmith
01-02-2011, 03:43 PM
I heard on Sat that the Huns are due the Taxman 30 million due to off sore accounts and trading here illegal i hear i twittered Mark benstead he has not come back the jurnos will not mention it because they will be bombed out castle Grey Skill if the do

Did you miss the 2 page spread in the NotW on Sunday.. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
01-02-2011, 04:01 PM
I have a lot of sympathy for Falkirk here. They were relegated on the last day of the season by a Kilmarnock club with deby about three times their turnover, with players that Kilmarnock could not, realistically afford. Falkirk lived within their means and paid the price by being relegated.
And then the Killie chairman begs government handouts? Beggars belief

Captain Caveman had a point when he said it was cheating but, like lots of things in football, the cheating is sanctioned by the authorities.

Andy74
01-02-2011, 04:08 PM
I have a lot of sympathy for Falkirk here. They were relegated on the last day of the season by a Kilmarnock club with deby about three times their turnover, with players that Kilmarnock could not, realistically afford. Falkirk lived within their means and paid the price by being relegated.

Captain Caveman had a point when he said it was cheating but, like lots of things in football, the cheating is sanctioned by the authorities.

Did Pressley hand his Scottish cup winners medal with Hearts back in protest?

HibbyAndy
01-02-2011, 04:11 PM

:top marks

Daylight robbery how they won that cup , Battered for 120 minutes by Gretna.

Lucius Apuleius
01-02-2011, 04:38 PM
If talking about Falkirk town centre or even people born there I can agree with most of the sentiments expressed. However moving out to the suburbs of Falkirk is rather pleasant.:greengrin

Kaiser1962
01-02-2011, 04:48 PM

:greengrin

Sir David Gray
01-02-2011, 04:49 PM
If talking about Falkirk town centre or even people born there I can agree with most of the sentiments expressed. However moving out to the suburbs of Falkirk is rather pleasant.:greengrin

Couldn't agree more. :agree:

Lucius Apuleius
01-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Couldn't agree more. :agree:

You aren't out my way are you :wink:

Sir David Gray
01-02-2011, 05:05 PM
You aren't out my way are you :wink:

And where would "your way" happen to be? :confused:

Rodsterino
01-02-2011, 05:24 PM
And where would "your way" happen to be?
Yes, please do tell where these pleasant suburbs are as I'm a Falkirk taxi driver and I can't think of any. :greengrin

flood
01-02-2011, 05:39 PM

According to the usually accurate football finances site...

Killies Turnover in the last three years of accounts show a turnover of

2007:£8.1m
2008:£8.7m
2009:£6.9m

Killies debt sits about £10m(probably a bit less now due to Sammon!), the majority of which was spent building the 4 star hotel at the ground, not paying Kevin Kyles wages....

Killie have an excellent credit rating and have no issues with HMRC. Yes there is debt, but it is not unmanagable.

Hibs Turnover, in comparison, was

£9.8m
£8.1m
£7.7m

Falkirk, I am sure took money, from shareholders last year with the promise that the money was to be spent on new players at the window. I am sure it was used to pay the existing players wages as the club had a shortfall. Falkirk are far from an innocent party:wink:

The only moaning I can think that the chairman has recently spoken about is a fairer share of the TV money. Which I think is fair.

Kaiser1962
01-02-2011, 07:47 PM
FF not always accurate but not usually that far away so I stand corrected on the maths but the point regarding overspending remains valid.

Quote from Michael Johnston
"It's time for the local business community, East Ayrshire Council and the Scottish Government to do more to help Kilmarnock's most famous institution survive in the top flight of Scottish football."

Taken from http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/09/06/kilmarnock-chairman-michael-johnston-praises-predecessor-jamie-moffat-for-writing-off-half-of-club-s-debt-86908-22541933/

So thats a draw then :greengrin

According to the usually accurate football finances site...

Killies Turnover in the last three years of accounts show a turnover of

2007:£8.1m
2008:£8.7m
2009:£6.9m

Killies debt sits about £10m(probably a bit less now due to Sammon!), the majority of which was spent building the 4 star hotel at the ground, not paying Kevin Kyles wages....

Killie have an excellent credit rating and have no issues with HMRC. Yes there is debt, but it is not unmanagable.

Hibs Turnover, in comparison, was

£9.8m
£8.1m
£7.7m

Falkirk, I am sure took money, from shareholders last year with the promise that the money was to be spent on new players at the window. I am sure it was used to pay the existing players wages as the club had a shortfall. Falkirk are far from an innocent party:wink:

The only moaning I can think that the chairman has recently spoken about is a fairer share of the TV money. Which I think is fair.