PDA

View Full Version : Ensuring a larger home support for Feb.

one day maybe...
31-01-2011, 01:20 PM
Wednesday 2nd Feb V St Mirren - Home
Saturday 12th Feb V Kilmarnock - Home
Sunday 20th Feb V St Mirren - Away
Saturday 26th Feb V Inverness - Home

These are games we really need to be taking 3 points from if the team is to give themselves any realistic chance of beating the drop. With 3 home games over the month of February, what do you feel Hibs as our club do to ensure that these fixtures are well attended given our current predicament. Our recent form suggests that they won't be, what incentive would make you attend these games.

Reduced ticket prices
1 paying adult, 1 child 15 years or under free.
Free tickets to the local schools.
Feel free to add your idea's.
We could do with supporting the team and doing our bit to lift them, at this stage we need to encourage not blame.

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Wednesday 2nd Feb V St Mirren - Home
Saturday 12th Feb V Kilmarnock - Home
Sunday 20th Feb V St Mirren - Away
Saturday 26th Feb V Inverness - Home

These are games we really need to be taking 3 points from if the team is to give themselves any realistic chance of beating the drop. With 3 home games over the month of February, what do you feel Hibs as our club do to ensure that these fixtures are well attended given our current predicament. Our recent form suggests that they won't be, what incentive would make you attend these games.

Reduced ticket prices
1 paying adult, 1 child 15 years or under free.
Free tickets to the local schools.
Feel free to add your idea's.
We could do with supporting the team and doing our bit to lift them, at this stage we need to encourage not blame.

10 St Mirren 22 -18 18
11 Hibernian 23 -21 16
12 Hamilton 21 -23 14

Huge games coming up and we need to start picking points up.

Hate or love Hibs right now - the crowd could be the 12th Man to get us through this mess.

Get yourself to ER :flag:

Removed
31-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Are we sure that there is a direct correlation between a larger home support and the team being able to battle for, and take, 3 points? :dunno:

Kerrplunk
31-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Huge game on Wednesday night.....need a big crowd SUPPORTING the team.

I would make it free entry,really think it is that big a game.
A "must win game" if ever there was one.

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 01:31 PM

It would be interesting to see how many people would turn up if it was free.

Obviously to qualify you would need a ticket prior to the game from the ticket office to get in.

Stine
31-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Are we sure that there is a direct correlation between a larger home support and the team being able to battle for, and take, 3 points? :dunno:

A big support is always important and can very much help a team take away 3 points. Running out onto the pitch at Easter Road with 15000 fans singing away must be a good feeling and important for our home debutants as the boost it will give them. I am not suggesting for a second we will get 15000 or more.

I think if it was free or lowered prices it would make a huge difference, i reckon alot of fans are not coming for the performance or as a protest to the board but many folk simply can't afford to go when they don't know what they will get on the pitch.

one day maybe...
31-01-2011, 01:39 PM
A "must win game" if ever there was one.[/QUOTE]

I wonder just what the crowd would be if Hibs did this for the game, pick up a free ticket from the club shop on a first come first served basis? Maybe 15000-17000 of a crowd or is that being optimistic. :cool2:

mr mojo risin
31-01-2011, 01:46 PM

We need a large noisy Hibs support to be the 12th man on wednesday night. I'm sure the fans will do there bit to help the boys get a goal and a win.

Stine
31-01-2011, 01:47 PM

I wonder just what the crowd would be if Hibs did this for the game, pick up a free ticket from the club shop on a first come first served basis? Maybe 15000-17000 of a crowd or is that being optimistic. :cool2:[/QUOTE]

If they announced it today along with the news of our final signing i reckon a big crowd would turn up. Easily 15000 upwards. Problem is it would be a one off and apart from creating a better atmosphere and hopefully three points it does not create any other positives. We unfortunately need the income from 10000 folk rather than nothing at all.

Kerrplunk
31-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I wonder just what the crowd would be if Hibs did this for the game, pick up a free ticket from the club shop on a first come first served basis? Maybe 15000-17000 of a crowd or is that being optimistic. :cool2:

If they announced it today along with the news of our final signing i reckon a big crowd would turn up. Easily 15000 upwards. Problem is it would be a one off and apart from creating a better atmosphere and hopefully three points it does not create any other positives. We unfortunately need the income from 10000 folk rather than nothing at all.[/QUOTE]

I don't think for a minute Hibs will make it free entry but if i was on the board i would be pushing for it for this game. I reckon you would have 15000 plus at the game willing the team on to what could turn out to be a massive 3 points. Surely losing out on the income from this 1 game is more beneficial than losing the amount we are in danger of losing by being relegated.

Stine
31-01-2011, 02:15 PM
I don't think for a minute Hibs will make it free entry but if i was on the board i would be pushing for it for this game. I reckon you would have 15000 plus at the game willing the team on to what could turn out to be a massive 3 points. Surely losing out on the income from this 1 game is more beneficial than losing the amount we are in danger of losing by being relegated.[/QUOTE]

I agree, i suppose i naively still see relegation as impossible, although i have witnessed it before. It would be a very bold move but as you say a big crowd would turn up and perhaps it is exactly the sort of move that would garner the hibs support for the rest of the season. Losing the profit i would be happy with, to see a full Easter Road and a victory.

Jamie
31-01-2011, 02:18 PM
So would ST holders get a refund?

Wilson
31-01-2011, 02:19 PM
They get free counselling.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Free entry, ffs you couldn't pay some fans to watch this pish?

Kerrplunk
31-01-2011, 02:23 PM

Do you think S.T holders would be against this?
Obviously you cannot please everyone but i reckon the majority would be ok with this if it was to the benefit of the club.

If the club really wanted to make this gesture work then no reason why they couldn't offer a refund to S.T holders of say £20 or a £20 reduction on next seasons S.T if you re-new. Plenty options open to the board!!

Stine
31-01-2011, 02:23 PM

No, we made our choice. :wink:

The Harp
31-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Free entry, ffs you couldn't pay some fans to watch this pish?

I'm afraid you're right BH. I posted recently about a Hibee cousin of mine (he's responsible for getting me hooked on the Hibs when I was a laddie) who's back here for 5 weeks from Canada. He usually gets to ER for every game when he's home but this time he's turned down the chance of a free ticket to the Huns game last week and also Wed's match. Sign of the times, sadly. :confused:

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 02:59 PM

If they wanted one maybe for this game only ?

But I think a full house - people buying programs / food etc they would make more than normal.

I also think that Season Ticket holders / non season ticket holders and the board would rather watch SPL not year and not Div 1.

Can't see it happening - but would be a nice gesture for being pish for the last year.

Help build that relationship with the board / players / fans again.:agree:

Removed
31-01-2011, 04:54 PM

That wasn't the point of my earlier text and to be honest it wouldn't bother me as a one off given our current situation.

My question is more to do with the assumption that bigger crowd equals more support and better team performance.

Assumes that:
- The extra few thousand actually vocally support as opposed to sitting in silence else what difference would it really make.
- We take the lead, else rather than c10,000 being on the teams back it's X'000 more and we'd be in a worse position

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Let everyone in for free, FFS whatever next free programme and pies..........:confused::confused:

Why not just get along and support the Club for this massive match, without wanting free entry

Stine
31-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Let everyone in for free, FFS whatever next free programme and pies..........:confused::confused:

Why not just get along and support the Club for this massive match, without wanting free entry

Well free programmes and pies would be nice but that is being a bit daft.
The point is to get behind the team, it is almost a mute point to argue if the club would do it. Cause it will never happen, but the importance of getting a 15000 strong support in is significant. The 12th man section bust a gut trying to get folk going and with more folk in the ground it could spread plus being in the lead and putting in a good performance helps that as well.

marinello59
31-01-2011, 05:23 PM
And how many of those who want free entry also want us to spend more on players?

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Could work both ways..

More fans...more nerves / expectations..more moaners..

Less fans = the opposite.

I am all for one free game - I would rather be at a game with atmosphere and could even allow fans who don't normally go a chance to see the new ER.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 05:27 PM

Not everyone is that bothered about Hibs, maybe if they were we'd not be in this mess, but we dont have a huge support, just one that sits around the 10-11k mark. Sometimes the club have to look at the bigger picture, just as the fans do.

Keith_M
31-01-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm not really in favour of free entry. What if 5,000 yams turn up and boo Hibs every move? Though I do admit it'd be hard to tell the difference from normal :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Not everyone is that bothered about Hibs, maybe if they were we'd not be in this mess, but we dont have a huge support, just one that sits around the 10-11k mark. Sometimes the club have to look at the bigger picture, just as the fans do.

Huge support always appear at Cup Finals......IMO we have a number of Cup Finals this month......

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm not really in favour of free entry. What if 5,000 yams turn up and boo Hibs every move? Though I do admit it'd be hard to tell the difference from normal :wink:

Or roar them to score a goal...victory and a vital 3 points :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Well free programmes and pies would be nice but that is being a bit daft.
The point is to get behind the team, it is almost a mute point to argue if the club would do it. Cause it will never happen, but the importance of getting a 15000 strong support in is significant. The 12th man section bust a gut trying to get folk going and with more folk in the ground it could spread plus being in the lead and putting in a good performance helps that as well.

So certain "fans" will only get behind the team if they receive free, or discounted entry to game?:confused:

Keith_M
31-01-2011, 05:38 PM
So certain "fans" will only get behind the team if they receive free, or discounted entry to game?:confused:

Yes.

Stine
31-01-2011, 05:40 PM

No, and as far as i see it, this is not about getting free entry or discounted entry it is about getting folk in to support the team. My point was i feel it would be a very bold move that would result in a much larger crowd. It will never happen, iam not that naive. I have already paid my money and go to support the side, i would not ask for money back if it was made free cause i made my choice at the start of the season and would love to go on wed and see 15000 folk watching hibs.

hibee_girl
31-01-2011, 05:42 PM
I don't think the club need to do anything, if people want to support the team they'll turn up on the night.

My Grandad's coming on Wednesday night, he usually only comes if I've got a spare ticket :greengrin

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 05:44 PM

:confused:

But the value for money really isn't on offer right now.

Do we want to grow Hibs or kill off the fan base ?

A one off gesture would be a great gesture to the fans - season ticket holders could even get a free program or drinks voucher to compensate or even 10% off club shop merchandise on the day of the game.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Huge support always appear at Cup Finals......IMO we have a number of Cup Finals this month......

You do, but not everyone does.

Yip thats just about it,or if we are winning, the regular 11-12k will turn up regardless.

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 05:48 PM
No, and as far as i see it, this is not about getting free entry or discounted entry it is about getting folk in to support the team. My point was i feel it would be a very bold move that would result in a much larger crowd. It will never happen, iam not that naive. I have already paid my money and go to support the side, i would not ask for money back if it was made free cause i made my choice at the start of the season and would love to go on wed and see 15000 folk watching hibs.

:aok:

Scottish people are so tight :greengrin

Stine
31-01-2011, 05:52 PM
:aok:

Scottish people are so tight :greengrin

You know it NJ :not worth

Removed
31-01-2011, 06:43 PM

:agree:

I don't buy the more folk in better atmosphere argument anyway.

And I don't want a free program, pie, coffee or shop voucher either.

Carheenlea
31-01-2011, 07:12 PM

There will be plenty people on this board bothered enough to go ballistic on the keyboard should things not be panning out as we would hope against St Mirren.
Of course everyone is different and some folk are more bothered about Hibs than others, but surely anyone with just a slight interest will understand the importance of this match (and some in the month ahead), and that should be the incentive to get along to support the new-look team and try and help us get out of this mess without the need for free entry and such likes.

Removed
31-01-2011, 07:16 PM
There will be plenty people on this board bothered enough to go ballistic on the keyboard should things not be panning out as we would hope against St Mirren.
Of course everyone is different and some folk are more bothered about Hibs than others, but surely anyone with just a slight interest will understand the importance of this match (and some in the month ahead), and that should be the incentive to get along to support the new-look team and try and help us get out of this mess without the need for free entry and such likes.

I've got two FF lower kids st's going spare if anyone wants to pay to upgrade them to adult. You get in cheaper, club get some cash and the players will be more motivated :wink:

Serious offer. PM me if you are interested.

down-the-slope
31-01-2011, 07:23 PM

I've got two FF lower kids st's going spare if anyone wants to pay to upgrade them to adult. You get in cheaper, club get some cash and the players will be more motivated :wink:

Serious offer. PM me if you are interested.

I'll double that offer...School night so my girls won't be going...West Lower South of halfway

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 07:23 PM

Wednesday is not a cup final, there's no medals handed out if we win. We will have roughly 11k hibs fans there.

We are not that big a club as some folk would like to think. Blackpool went to Wembley last season and took 35k there, they cant sell out 13k tickets for a home game for most of their games in the premier league. Its a fact big games, cup finals and semis at the national stadium will always attract big crowds.

Derby games are the same. Get a winning team on the pitch and they will come back, that what it takes to get fans in the stadium these days.

Baldy Foghorn
31-01-2011, 07:45 PM

Great post......:top marks

NAE NOOKIE
31-01-2011, 09:24 PM
The guys & girls who have stuck by the Hibs over the home games since Christmas will do for me. A bloody credit to Hibs and the epitomy of what a football fan should do. I.E. stick by their team in the bad times.

I would love to see 16,000 at every home game though, as would every Hibby.

Will be there whatever happens.

C'mon the Hibs !!!

:flag:

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 09:32 PM

Actually I could see that happening...:greengrin

This isn't going to happen - plus what about away fans..

flash
31-01-2011, 09:37 PM
A couple of decent additions between now and 11 would help the gate.

GreenCastle
01-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Wonder how many will be there tomorrow evening... :cool2: