PDA

View Full Version : Czech Keeper Signed (According To Sky Sports News)

Taz_hibee
31-01-2011, 12:50 PM
According to SSN we have signed keeper

fleethibee
31-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Signed on load to end of season

Sky Sports

Pretty Boy
31-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Happy with this if true.:thumbsup:

scott7_0(Prague)
31-01-2011, 12:52 PM

On Loan.

http://www.sportovninoviny.cz/fotbal/zpravy/golman-divis-odchazi-z-presova-na-hostovani-do-hibernianu/589084?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=feed

Expecting Rain
31-01-2011, 12:53 PM
We need a good keeper considering how young our defence is, now for a centre forward, that would amount to a very good days work.

IWasThere2016
31-01-2011, 12:53 PM
We need a good keeper considering how young our defence is, now for a centre forward, that would amount to a very good days work.

:agree:

aberhibsfc
31-01-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm not keen on these deals, especially in our league. Doesn't take the OF much to try and steal a performer under these circumstances.

I say give him a game or two and if he's decent, snap him up longer term before anyone else does.

HibbyKeith
31-01-2011, 12:54 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_6714001,00.html

AlbertK86
31-01-2011, 12:55 PM
and a talker at centre half .... webster from the huns would do us nicely

MacBean
The Scottish League is the third Czech footballer. The Heart of Midlothian midfielder Owen Hargreaves plays for the Hamilton Field and Thomas Black.

Okay i know these online translators can sometimes be dodgy, but when the hell did Owen Hargreaves sign for either Hearts or Hamilton? :wink:

Frazerbob
Is he a refugee? :wink:

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 12:56 PM

If true delighted :agree:

one day maybe...
31-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Good good!! Hopefully we survive the drop and Calderwood will be allowed to continue building a team of good professionals committed to the Hibernian cause, during the summer transfer window.
May be a chink of light at the end of the tunnel :aok:

down the slope
31-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Can he play centre half ?.

Phil D. Rolls
31-01-2011, 01:00 PM
How many goalies do we have now?

Callum_62
31-01-2011, 01:01 PM
looks like a 6 month trial basically.

CC defo looking for a more commanding keeper.

Look slike the YAM FUD was right... :-)

GloryGlory
Now for a CB and CF, spine of the team sorted!

Come on, Petrie - you know it makes sense!

The_Sauz
2 :greengrin

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 01:02 PM

2 duds and 2 who are potentially ok

Pretty Boy
31-01-2011, 01:03 PM

Divis and Brown. Stack is a permanent piece of furniture in the treatment room and Smith is never a goalie.

BSEJVT
31-01-2011, 01:03 PM
2 :greengrin

Hamish
31-01-2011, 01:04 PM

:worms:

Stine
31-01-2011, 01:07 PM
If true delighted :agree:

I thought you might be pleased with this NJ.

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 01:14 PM
I thought you might be pleased with this NJ.

As you know I am not Smiths biggest fan - doesn't breed confidence from the players to the fans watching.

It's all about the spine of a team.

Now for a CH and Striker :agree:

Pretty Boy
31-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Nothing on official site yet. Hopefully they are waiting to announce 2 or 3 signings at the same time.

Although knowing the official site we will probably get confirmation in about 3 weeks time.

blindsummit
31-01-2011, 01:17 PM
It's on the BBC deadline day text now too.

mr mojo risin
31-01-2011, 01:22 PM
Now for a CB and CF, spine of the team sorted!

Come on, Petrie - you know it makes sense!
Totally agree. come on Petrie, splash some cash.
I think Thompson from Burnley is the type of CF we need, big and strong and a decent goal scorer. Wages could be the big problem in getting him to ER.

Stine
31-01-2011, 01:23 PM
As you know I am not Smiths biggest fan - doesn't breed confidence from the players to the fans watching.

It's all about the spine of a team.

Now for a CH and Striker :agree:

We have been crying out for a while for a keeper who can dominate his box. Smith seems to stand behind his own goal line sometimes and when you have a young/fragile defence you need someone who will come and claim everything. Not just crosses or corners, but a keeper that will play the sweeper role.

I thought stack may have been that, then i had faith in Brown but his kicking, i feel, is just that bad i dont have any confidence when someone plays the ball back to him.

JimBHibees
31-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Happy with this hopefully a cente half and Bogdanovic also.

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 01:27 PM
We have been crying out for a while for a keeper who can dominate his box. Smith seems to stand behind his own goal line sometimes and when you have a young/fragile defence you need someone who will come and claim everything. Not just crosses or corners, but a keeper that will play the sweeper role.

I thought stack may have been that, then i had faith in Brown but his kicking, i feel, is just that bad i dont have any confidence when someone plays the ball back to him.

Scooter
31-01-2011, 01:29 PM
Happy with this hopefully a cente half and Bogdanovic also.

bingo70
31-01-2011, 01:40 PM
If Sky are correct and we've got him on loan with a view to a permanent deal then it's another young player we've got on the books if he's a success, and if he's not we'll no buy him permanently.

Said it a few times now but if we can stay up i'm feeling pretty confident for next season, potentially we've got a good young squad, if we can suppliment it with a few experienced players we'll do quite well IMO.

Wonder how petrie is coping with the prospect of having another golden generation to sell off :wink:

GreenPJ
31-01-2011, 01:42 PM
So assuming this is confirmed is this the 'one; that Calderwood was talking about or is there still hope for a striker/centre forward?

JimBHibees
31-01-2011, 01:44 PM
So assuming this is confirmed is this the 'one; that Calderwood was talking about or is there still hope for a striker/centre forward?

I would take that quote with a pinch of salt. We are obviously in for Bogdanovic and hopefully a centre half. Maybe we will go back for the Falkirk guy.

Also quite happy the goalie has come with an option to make permanent.

Speedway
31-01-2011, 01:46 PM
Bertie's giveaway is still on the radar.

Scooter
31-01-2011, 01:47 PM
Bertie's giveaway is still on the radar.

eh???

JimBHibees
31-01-2011, 01:52 PM
eh???

Christian Dailly.

Vogts beign interviewed in friendly defeat by Germany. Commotion in the background with f'''ing cheats being shouted out.

Vogts shouts over. "Christian, Christian...".

Classic. :greengrin

ALF TUPPER
31-01-2011, 01:52 PM
and a talker at centre half .... webster from the huns would do us nicely

Absolutely. Far too quiet on the park. The Hibbys need someone who can talk players through the game and wont get bullied by the opposition.

You've got a tough job Rodders, and I need your co-operation. Now it's pretty urgent, so I won't beat around the proverbial privet. Frankly I'm too busy a man to be cluck -cluck-clucking like a decapitated feathered fowl, so I'll get straight to the point. Time waits for no man as the proverb goes, and what I say is, the transfer window waits for no man. So, with that in mind, I shall cut the bovine faeces altogether. Its time to dispense with niceties, avoid irrelevance, disregard herrings, red or otherwise, and above all, not faaaaaaaaaaanny about!

I'm not interested in signing a tippy tappy, namby pamby, hoity toity, softly softy dont pass to me "i'm marked" , kinda centre half.

So listen up Petrie. This is the sharp end mate! Not, jolly hockey sticks, lovely boating weather don't you know! Oxford & Cambridge, row, row, row & hoist your little cox above your head! This is Football! And football is not a game! ... Well obviously it is a game, but it is also not a game! I mean even though it is a game it should not be treated like a game as it is NOT A GAME!... ... Although clearly, it is a game!'

And I for one am not going to bury my head in an ostrich. We are Hibs supporters and when you run us up the flagpole, you'll find you're saluting a very different kettle of fish.

GET IT SORTED !!! :bye:

Thanks to Inspector Grim

Walter
31-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Is this the keeper with nae arms?:greengrin

mouvran
31-01-2011, 01:56 PM
This seems very confusing. I don't understand why Calderwood has not been questioned on Brown being dropped from the team, as apart from his kicking he has been the only good thing about hibs this season and imo goalkeeper is the only position in the team that we don't need. Signing the czech goalie can only mean that Brown must have fallen out with hibs because he's certainly not injured

ALF TUPPER
31-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Is this the keeper with nae arms?:greengrin

pmsl :thumbsup:

erin go bragh
31-01-2011, 01:58 PM
On Loan.

http://www.sportovninoviny.cz/fotbal/zpravy/golman-divis-odchazi-z-presova-na-hostovani-do-hibernianu/589084?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=feed
well that link clears that up then :greengrin
ggtth

Speedway
31-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Christian Dailly.

Vogts beign interviewed in friendly defeat by Germany. Commotion in the background with f'''ing cheats being shouted out.

Vogts shouts over. "Christian, Christian...".

Classic. :greengrin

bingo70
31-01-2011, 01:59 PM
This seems very confusing. I don't understand why Calderwood has not been questioned on Brown being dropped from the team, as apart from his kicking he has been the only good thing about hibs this season and imo goalkeeper is the only position in the team that we don't need. Signing the czech goalie can only mean that Brown must have fallen out with hibs because he's certainly not injured

He has been questioned, he said it was because he said he'd give all the keepers a run of games to show what they can do.

Don't agree with that logic but thats what his thinking was.

mouvran
31-01-2011, 02:03 PM
He has been questioned, he said it was because he said he'd give all the keepers a run of games to show what they can do.

Don't agree with that logic but thats what his thinking was.

Must have missed this. But if you're team is struggling and you have one player playing well enough, surely he is the only one who should not be dropped. He's not even been on the bench since being dropped. Very strange

scott7_0(Prague)
31-01-2011, 02:05 PM
well that link clears that up then :greengrin
ggtth

Crystal clear for me..... :greengrin

So the jist of it is...

Glasgow - Czech football goalkeeper

Jakub Divis leaves Tatran Presov. According to the website of the Slovak club he has succeed on tests to Hibernian in the Scottish penultimate league to the end of the season with a host of possible future change.

Divis is grown and served at Slavia Prague from 2001 to 2009 however after 11 games in the Czech league in two years ago Divis went to Prešov, where he attracted attention in solid performances.

The Scottish League now has a third Czech footballer. Heart of Midlothian midfielder Rudi "refugee" Skacal and Tomas Cerny of Hamilton.

bingo70
31-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Must have missed this. But if you're team is struggling and you have one player playing well enough, surely he is the only one who should not be dropped. He's not even been on the bench since being dropped. Very strange

Totally agree.

I can only think it's down to the fact we weren't keeping clean sheets under brown and smith had maybe been playing well in training and in bounce games so thought it couldn't do any harm to try him, however, to keep on playing him after the motherwell and ayr games just makes no sense to me at all.

JimBHibees
31-01-2011, 02:08 PM

His kicking has been woeful though and constantly put the team on the backfoot. I think a new goalie with a good size and who hopefully commands the box would certainly be an improvement on what we currently have.

bingo70
31-01-2011, 02:17 PM
His kicking has been woeful though and constantly put the team on the backfoot. I think a new goalie with a good size and who hopefully commands the box would certainly be an improvement on what we currently have.

If this guy is good then that can only be a positive, personally quite like Brown, don't really care about his kicking as long as he was a safe pair of hands and wasn't chucking it in our own net but if this guy comes in, performs well and puts this keeper issue to bed once and for all then great....about time it was sorted.

hibs0666
31-01-2011, 02:19 PM

Calderwood obviously doesn't fancy any of the goalies currently at his disposal.

Keith_M
31-01-2011, 02:23 PM
So listen up Petrie. This is the sharp end mate! Not, jolly hockey sticks, lovely boating weather don't you know! Oxford & Cambridge, row, row, row & hoist your little cox above your head! This is Football! And football is not a game! ... Well obviously it is a game, but it is also not a game! I mean even though it is a game it should not be treated like a game as it is NOT A GAME!... ... Although clearly, it is a game!'

And I for one am not going to bury my head in an ostrich. We are Hibs supporters and when you run us up the flagpole, you'll find you're saluting a very different kettle of fish.

GET IT SORTED !!! :bye:

Thanks to Inspector Grim

I was just about to be all Smarty Pants and say that was Inspector Grimm from Thin Blue Line, until I noticed you wrote that at the end.

As CC should be saying, "It's my Ar*se on the line and I do NOT want a C*ck Up!"

:greengrin

ALF TUPPER
31-01-2011, 06:34 PM
I was just about to be all Smarty Pants and say that was Inspector Grimm from Thin Blue Line, until I noticed you wrote that at the end.

As CC should be saying, "It's my Ar*se on the line and I do NOT want a C*ck Up!"

:greengrin

DAMMIT !! Missed that one, Keekaboo. wish i had said it ! :thumbsup:

Aitchy
31-01-2011, 06:54 PM
More wages on yet another keeper? That makes sense when we already have a perfectly capable goalie in Mark Brown. It means we now have four goalkeepers vying for a first team place and not a single decent centre half or centre forward. Good work Calderwood. That's the last position I'd have splashed the cash on.

FitbaFolkKen
01-02-2011, 11:29 AM
I reckon this guy must be a different type of keeper to what we currently have, he is 6ft 5. I would hope that means he is commanding in his box and readily comes to claim crosses. If this is the case it would take a lot of pressure of our young back line so can totally understand the logic in getting him. However if he is another that is rooted to his line then i don't :wink:

MCC Hibs
01-02-2011, 04:58 PM
He's been signed to remind us where we're heading............

Divis.1

JimBHibees
01-02-2011, 05:02 PM
More wages on yet another keeper? That makes sense when we already have a perfectly capable goalie in Mark Brown. It means we now have four goalkeepers vying for a first team place and not a single decent centre half or centre forward. Good work Calderwood. That's the last position I'd have splashed the cash on.

Disagree we dont have a decent commanding goalie, hopefully he fits the bill.

MCC Hibs
01-02-2011, 06:51 PM
He's been signed to remind us where we're heading............

Divis.1

blackpoolhibs
01-02-2011, 06:59 PM
What 4 teams do we play when he gets his shot?