PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray

Captain Trips
31-01-2011, 12:53 AM
Your team mates Nish, Riordan, Miller and now Dickoh getting mentioned on here for poor play, dont see why he should get away without a thread then.

Dreadful thus far Murray.

matty_f
31-01-2011, 12:54 AM
Your team mates Nish, Riordan, Miller and now Dickoh getting mentioned on here for poor play, dont see why he should get away without a thread then.

Dreadful thus far Murray.

:confused:

Aye, posted missing today.

Great thread, seriously.:rolleyes:

Captain Trips
31-01-2011, 12:57 AM
:confused:

Aye, posted missing today.

Great thread, seriously.:rolleyes:

This is based on season, Murray IMO has been p1ss poor.

HibbyAndy
31-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Murray's a hibby so he dusnae get it tight.

Any way he was bran noo the day.

Judas Iscariot
31-01-2011, 01:00 AM
This is based on season, Murray IMO has been p1ss poor.

Don't think so..

He's been our ONLY midfielder who has tackled!

Been to many games?!

Captain Trips
31-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Don't think so..

He's been our ONLY midfielder who has tackled!

Been to many games?!

Aye and like everyone on here that is my opinion, p1ss poor along with just about everyone else, plucked out at random as I could insert 10 names into this thread.

You disgree with me fine.

Dunbar Hibee
31-01-2011, 01:04 AM
Bit random...

Captain Trips
31-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Bit random...

As I said in another thread the same names get threads started, Murray has more than played his part IMO on this, by no means worst but certainly not without fault.

I could have a thread with Rankin etc etc, I have made my point that Nish, Miller and Dickoh should not be up on this board alone.

Bristolhibby
31-01-2011, 07:55 AM
Murray's a hibby so he dusnae get it tight.

Any way he was bran noo the day.

Nish is a Hibby. And he is number one in the slagging poptastic charts.

J

lucky
31-01-2011, 08:07 AM
Murray is popular because he is a Hibbie and tries but his legs have gone. He is no longer SPL standard. That's why he is not playing. He has had stick this season. But no need to single him out as he did not play yesterday

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Murray is popular because he is a Hibbie and tries but his legs have gone. He is no longer SPL standard. That's why he is not playing. He has had stick this season. But no need to single him out as he did not play yesterday

:agree: I will buck the trend here and say i thought Ian did well yesterday.

Taz_hibee
31-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Absolute Pish, IMO IM is the 1 player in the midfield who has tried his heart out, he has had to cover for the numpties playing along side him and that is why he is nackered every week :agree:

Duffys13
31-01-2011, 08:55 AM

I wonder if he could fill in at CB, for the next few months. He has had a few good games there for us previously.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 09:02 AM
I wonder if he could fill in at CB, for the next few months. He has had a few good games there for us previously.

You mean like at Ayr? :wink:

Duffys13
31-01-2011, 10:54 AM
You mean like at Ayr? :wink:

Fair point, I actually forgot he played there against Ayr. Still think he has something to offer the team though.

greenlex
31-01-2011, 11:26 AM
Short memories. Our midfield was soft as putty until Murray was moved there. First two games Motherwell at ER and Rangers at Ibrox. Without Murray we would defo be bottom. Murals problem is he is seriously ****ed. He can't play 90 mins. I said at the time if his last contract I though the length if it was a mistake.

hibee_girl
31-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Short memories. Our midfield was soft as putty until Murray was moved there. First two games Motherwell at ER and Rangers at Ibrox. Without Murray we would defo be bottom. Murals problem is he is seriously ****ed. He can't play 90 mins. I said at the time if his last contract I though the length if it was a mistake.

:agree:

He's struggled lately but it's hardly like he's the only one!

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 11:36 AM

You wont be surprised to hear i disagree. For me Murray offers nowt, he had a couple of decent games, but is playing these days on memory. His legs take him where he wants to be, just a whole lot slower than in his pomp.

Yes he throws the odd good tackle in, but imo mostly as a last ditch attempt to win a ball he would have won easily a few years ago. His passing of the football is ponderous whenever he eventually gets it under control. The modern game has passed him by, and he along with a few others need to be moved on.

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 11:40 AM
What a stupid thread.

Murray has tried over the season - if you go to games you can see that.

But the issue sadly is -

1. Age / Old injuries have caught up with him - meaning not as sharp as he used to be.

2. Technically on the ball he was never the best - so playing center midfield had shown it up a little.

He is the type of player I would like to keep at the club as he knows what it means to the fans but bench player / utility player.

Some of the abuse given out to some players sometimes is below the belt - I saw that even though I know many have been terrible this season.

Captain Trips
31-01-2011, 11:53 AM
Nothing stupid about it. You disagree, i am not saying didnt try. He has not done enough and as i stated you can start threads with this whole squad.

GreenCastle
31-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Nothing stupid about it. You disagree, i am not saying didnt try. He has not done enough and as i stated you can start threads with this whole squad.

I just think considering the game was yesterday and Murray didn't play - that suddenly today another thread appears having a go at a player is a little unfair.

If he had a shocker yesterday then fair enough and the players have deserved much of the abuse they have had over the last few weeks / months.

I just saw it as a witch hunt for a player who tries but simply is out his depth.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Ian Murray has been a fantastic servant to Hibs over the course of his 2 spells here. However i argued when there was a huge majority demanding he be given a new contract that the money would be better spent elsewhere, i stand by that.

I have no doubt Murray gives 100% every time he plays in whatever position he is selected. Unfortunately he has a degenerative condition that has caught up with him. He simply can't give us 90 minutes at 100% anymore. His technical ability was never the best and now thanks to his chronic loss of pace it is being shown up for all to see. A lot of the crowd pleasing sliding tackles are tackles Murray would have made with ease 5 years ago. He certainly doesn't deserve to be the target of the 'boo boys' because he's a trier and a worker but he's not going to be the man who will lead us to better things next season. At the end of the day people can talk about how he shored up the midfield or brough 'dig' and 'bite' but with the exception of Rangers and Motherwell results were still honking, performances poor and we were still leaking goals.