PDA

View Full Version : Riordan - not trained with hibs since wednesday! What is going on ?!?!?

The Voice Of Reason
31-01-2011, 12:21 AM
According to this :-

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Derek-Riordan-a-surprise-absentee.6706708.jp

:confused: :confused:

harpo
31-01-2011, 12:27 AM
According to this :-

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Derek-Riordan-a-surprise-absentee.6706708.jp

:confused: :confused:

I heard he's in Turkey trying to finalise a move.

HibbyAndy
31-01-2011, 12:28 AM

Turkey????

Doubt it

Ed De Gramo
31-01-2011, 12:30 AM

Try somewhere closer to home....say about 40 miles west

The Voice Of Reason
31-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Try somewhere closer to home....say about 40 miles west

Partick Thistle ? :confused:

Capt Mainwaring
31-01-2011, 12:49 AM
I don't have so much of an issue if Riordan is going - I do have plenty problems that we are reaching the last day of the Window and we have failed to secure the services of at least 1 additional proven goalscorer.

For a team that's failed to score so far in 2011 and is currently pinning all hopes on Colin Nish - that is outrageous and frankly embarrassing.

matty_f
31-01-2011, 12:55 AM
I don't have so much of an issue if Riordan is going - I do have plenty problems that we are reaching the last day of the Window and we have failed to secure the services of at least 1 additional proven goalscorer.

For a team that's failed to score so far in 2011 and is currently pinning all hopes on Colin Nish - that is outrageous and frankly embarrassing.

:agree:

Removed
31-01-2011, 01:03 AM
Turkey????

Doubt it

I heard that as well. Probably on here. Canny be true though as he'd have been spotted at the airport by now and we'd have had another ten page thread :greengrin

Perspective
31-01-2011, 01:23 AM
He wasn't in Turkey and he wasn't in Glasgow. Wasn't even talking to another club.

And he wasn't at training.

So what was he doing with his time while his team-mates prepared for the Dundee Utd game?

HibbyAndy
31-01-2011, 01:24 AM
I heard that as well. Probably on here. Canny be true though as he'd have been spotted at the airport by now and we'd have had another ten page thread :greengrin

Exactly :greengrin

HibbyAndy
31-01-2011, 01:25 AM
He wasn't in Turkey and he wasn't in Glasgow. Wasn't even talking to another club.

So what was he doing with his time while his team-mates prepared for the Dundee Utd game?

Member he has a dug tae walk?

Sylar
31-01-2011, 01:25 AM

Erm, it could be a bug, as was reported on the BBC :confused:

However, that annoying little fact could come in the way of some good lies (sorry, "rumours"), so carry on everyone.

Perspective
31-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Erm, it could be a bug, as was reported on the BBC :confused:

However, that annoying little fact could come in the way of some good lies (sorry, "rumours"), so carry on everyone.

THE future of Hibernian striker Derek Riordan was the subject of intense speculation last night after the player missed yesterday's 3-0 defeat away to Dundee United.
It emerged that the player has not trained since Wednesday, and although manager Colin Calderwood said that the player had been unwell, it is understood that team mates have been baffled by his absence.

The crucial line.

Sylar
31-01-2011, 01:33 AM
THE future of Hibernian striker Derek Riordan was the subject of intense speculation last night after the player missed yesterday's 3-0 defeat away to Dundee United.
It emerged that the player has not trained since Wednesday, and although manager Colin Calderwood said that the player had been unwell, it is understood that team mates have been baffled by his absence.

The crucial line.

[insert player name here]: "Anybody ken' whaur Deeks' is?"
[insert responding player here]: "naw man, nae a clue"

Baffling indeed.

HibbyAndy
31-01-2011, 01:38 AM

Baffling indeed.

:hilarious

:top marks:greengrin

Removed
31-01-2011, 01:40 AM

Baffling indeed.

:faf:

Steve-O
31-01-2011, 06:10 AM
Oot on the lash on Wednesday night and still hungover? :confused:

Abducted by aliens? :confused:

I find myself BAFFLED.

Kaiser1962
31-01-2011, 08:02 AM
I was told he was ill as well.

Winston Ingram
31-01-2011, 08:09 AM

That's about his level right now

RIP
31-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Swap / Part exchange for Steven Thompson?

H18sry
31-01-2011, 08:23 AM
I heard his nipper is poorly, if so I hope it get better very soon :agree:

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 09:08 AM

There's a special clinic at the infirmary for that.

hibiedude
31-01-2011, 09:15 AM
It’s typical of the way Hibs do business lets keep the fans in the dark

I still say Rangers look like the preferred option

I hope i'm wrong and R01rdan is still at Hibs on Tuesday but I can't see it

bighairyfaeleith
31-01-2011, 09:15 AM
There's a special clinic at the infirmary for that.

:greengrin

aberhibsfc
31-01-2011, 09:24 AM
At work, so saving my scrolling for the transfer threads, apologies for not reading whole thread. According to Sportsound he has a bug. Which sounds fair enough in those circumstances, unless it's code for not being risked as a deal is imminent for a small pocket of cash.

Going off-road a bit here. I'd like Zemmama to be part of our future but alas this does not seem to be the case, as Middlesbrough line up a paltry £200k, I can only hope that his money is used as a fee or a sign on or broken into wages so we can secure the services of someone who is going to make an impact between now and season end, e.g Rooney.

MacBean
31-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Led to believe that he has been carrying a knock for a few weeks now and failed his medical at Murray Park on Friday as a result.

Either way, whatever is happening with Deeko we urgently need at least 1, if not 2 strikers, as we are ****ed otherwise!

Purple & Green
31-01-2011, 09:31 AM
it is understood that team mates have been baffled by his absence.

If they had been baffled by his absence, maybe they would have been better keeping it to themselves rather than blabbing anonymously to the press.

And, if they didn't blab to the press, I'd be restricting access to media organisations that make up stories. This kind of nonsense and free pops at our club has been going on for far too long.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 09:36 AM
If they had been baffled by his absence, maybe they would have been better keeping it to themselves rather than blabbing anonymously to the press.

And, if they didn't blab to the press, I'd be restricting access to media organisations that make up stories. This kind of nonsense and free pops at our club has been going on for far too long.

Its a football club, not MI5.

scoopyboy
31-01-2011, 09:59 AM

I heard similar but if that's the case he deserves privacy to deal with it.

AFAIK the Rangers thing is a crock of poo, no medical, no pre contract.

Zander
31-01-2011, 10:00 AM
IF the huns came up with a swap deal involving Deek and Webster how keen would anyone be to accept

Mikey
31-01-2011, 10:04 AM
It's noticeable that the folk who are usually spot on with their information are all saying that there's nothing in it, yet some people still don't want to believe it.

Jamesie
31-01-2011, 10:12 AM
It's noticeable that the folk who are usually spot on with their information are all saying that there's nothing in it, yet some people still don't want to believe it.

My take on this (only informed from what I've read on this forum over the last few days) is that there was a move to somewhere in the offing (hence the absence from training) but a failed medical put paid to that and that's why there has been informed suggestion on this forum that Deeks won't be going anywhere in this transfer window. Just my $0.02.

Keith_M
31-01-2011, 11:36 AM
OK, seeing as you're all flapping about in the dark, I'll present video footage of Deek's visit to his potential new club. Prepare to be shocked.

Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJBmj7rGVgQ)

(brought to you by the people behind the Tommy Sheridan tapes)

ENDOF

Sir David Gray
31-01-2011, 11:43 AM

Baffling indeed.

Matt Thornhill's picked up that Edinburgh accent pretty sharpish, eh!? :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 11:44 AM
I will ask Richard the barnsley fan if he knows what the hell is going on?

turn and burn
31-01-2011, 12:12 PM
IF the huns came up with a swap deal involving Deek and Webster how keen would anyone be to accept

no.

killie-hibby
31-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Medical confidentiality prohibits disclosure of even the most common reasons for staying off work. Therefore ,before scouring airports,railway stations and Murray Park could somebody look in his wheelie bin for empty Lemsip packets.

Phil D. Rolls
31-01-2011, 12:57 PM
It’s typical of the way Hibs do business lets keep the fans in the dark

I still say Rangers look like the preferred option

I hope i'm wrong and R01rdan is still at Hibs on Tuesday but I can't see it

Why would they let the fans into the loop when they are probably conducting secret negotiations.

Don't shoot the messenger.

I don't think the media speculate any more about Hibs than they do any other club. Reading between the lines, and adding in Colin Calderwood's interview yesterday, where he said to play Derek would be "unfair on him and on his team mates", I think there could be something in the story.

erin go bragh
31-01-2011, 03:10 PM
A hibs legend for a unfit defender ? nah
ggtth

martin63
31-01-2011, 03:14 PM
From what I heard this morning his nipper is in hospital and this came from a guy at work who's grandaughter is in the next bed.

basehibby
31-01-2011, 03:26 PM
From what I heard this morning his nipper is in hospital and this came from a guy at work who's grandaughter is in the next bed.

Well if that's the case it explains everything - get well soon wee Deeks :thumbsup:

greenlex
31-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Well if that's the case it explains everything - get well soon wee Deeks :thumbsup:
:agree: Ruby :wink:

Franck Stanton
31-01-2011, 03:51 PM

Maybe, just maybe there is some truth in Calderwood saying he wasn't well ? Radical I know but just may be true.

Perspective
31-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Maybe, just maybe there is some truth in Calderwood saying he wasn't well ? Radical I know but just may be true.

Believe Calderwood if you want. His team-mates certainly don't.

But then 'Deek' is a '100 per cent diehard Hibee' who would never do anything to harm the club.

IFONLY
31-01-2011, 04:13 PM

But then 'Deek' is a '100 per cent diehard Hibee' who would never do anything to harm the club.

And you know that how????

Sylar
31-01-2011, 04:16 PM

Why would his team-mates know if he was off work, either ill or for personal reasons? If you're off work, do you phone your boss, or do you phone your mates?

It's well reported by MANY good sources on here why Derek has been off, yet the trolls are still out trying to make a story out of nothing.

Perspective
31-01-2011, 04:23 PM
You don't have to believe me. It's no odds to me.

And as someone who has been to Somerset Park, amongst other spirit crushing trips this last year, I'm hardly a troll.

All I know is what a first-team player told me. He wasn't away negotiating a transfer and wasn't injured. Nor was there a bust-up that saw him told not to attend.

None of the 'in-the-know' types reveal who tells them stuff and I'm hardly likely to either.

Don't care if you think I've made it up either. Calderwood chose his words very carefully.

Sylar
31-01-2011, 04:30 PM
You don't have to believe me. It's no odds to me.

And as someone who has been to Somerset Park, amongst other spirit crushing trips this last year, I'm hardly a troll.

All I know is what a first-team player told me. He wasn't away negotiating a transfer and wasn't injured. Nor was there a bust-up that saw him told not to attend.

None of the 'in-the-know' types reveal who tells them stuff and I'm hardly likely to either.

Don't care if you think I've made it up either. Calderwood chose his words very carefully.

I'm not suggesting you are a troll - you don't seem to believe Calderwood's story, but as far as I can see, you're not conjuring anything - which I consider nothing more than lies - suggesting he's in Turkey or having medicals/meetings with Rangers on a daily basis.

Is it so hard to believe that he's taken some leave because his child is ill? The players wouldn't be told something like that as it is anyway, and why should Calderwood disclose such information in media interviews?

The guy is entitled to his privacy and although the timing is hardly ideal and likely to spark rumours galore, it hardly suggests sinister motives are afoot.

Pretty Boy
31-01-2011, 04:31 PM

:agree:

Also what i heard. Maybe Hibs are doing what any decent employer should do and keeping this personal matter away from his work colleagues and also out the press.

Of course there couldn't be a simple explanation though, we need conspiracies and scandals.

FWIW i hope his daughter gets well soon.

J-C
31-01-2011, 04:35 PM
I heard his wee one was ill, that'll be why CC said certain players didn't play due to outside influences i.e. Zouma talks with Boro and Deeks kid being ill.

Perspective
31-01-2011, 04:35 PM
I'm not suggesting you are a troll - you don't seem to believe Calderwood's story, but as far as I can see, you're not conjuring anything - which I consider nothing more than lies - suggesting he's in Turkey or having medicals/meetings with Rangers on a daily basis.

Is it so hard to believe that he's taken some leave because his child is ill? The players wouldn't be told something like that as it is anyway, and why should Calderwood disclose such information in media interviews?

The guy is entitled to his privacy and although the timing is hardly ideal and likely to spark rumours galore, it hardly suggests sinister motives are afoot.

My post was designed to nail the ill-founded rumours he was in Turkey or signing for Rangers, nothing more. Don't mean to add to the speculation.

Calderwood doesn't have to add to the speculation. He's entitled to say what he wants, obviously. But in the same way as I don't believe him when he says the players are giving him everything I don't believe Riordan was injured.

Can't wait for this season to be over, one way or another. Sick to death of all the Hibee infighting.

Sylar
31-01-2011, 04:42 PM
My post was designed to nail the ill-founded rumours he was in Turkey or signing for Rangers, nothing more. Don't mean to add to the speculation.

Calderwood doesn't have to add to the speculation. He's entitled to say what he wants, obviously. But in the same way as I don't believe him when he says the players are giving him everything I don't believe Riordan was injured.

Can't wait for this season to be over, one way or another. Sick to death of all the Hibee infighting.

Amen to that. Although if the unthinkable happens, It'll only intensify :greengrin

Jones28
31-01-2011, 06:03 PM

Dont be so stupid!

Queens Park :agree::cool2::wink: