PDA

View Full Version : New striker tomorrow?

HibeeMcGinn1
30-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Anyone 'in the know' have any info that they can give on here regards the possibility of a new player/striker coming in tomorrow? Ive heard from here the rumours of Thomson and Rooney (which has dragged) but away from here I heard Sparky could for a 6 month loan spell from Wolves.

IMO we could do with a bruiser of a centre-half and a centre forward but thats just wishful thinking isnt it?
Also what time does the window close tomorrow?

Keep the Faith.

micksoo
30-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Sparky? Who is he?

ScottB
30-01-2011, 09:58 PM
Sparky? Who is he?

I would guess Griffiths?

micksoo
30-01-2011, 09:59 PM
I would guess Griffiths?

That makes sense - cheers!

SteveHFC
30-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Anyone 'in the know' have any info that they can give on here regards the possibility of a new player/striker coming in tomorrow? Ive heard from here the rumours of Thomson and Rooney (which has dragged) but away from here I heard Sparky could for a 6 month loan spell from Wolves.

IMO we could do with a bruiser of a centre-half and a centre forward but thats just wishful thinking isnt it?

Keep the Faith.

:pray:

archiebald
30-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Not a chance :confused:

IberianHibernian
30-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Diego Tristan (ex West Ham ) ? .

Gmack7
30-01-2011, 10:13 PM

Keep the Faith.
11pm i think

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 10:18 PM
I really really hope so.

Granted we have signed a few players, IMO we could have done without more midfielders, the position we have been desperate to fill since the minute stokes left is a striker. We have nothing up front and until we do teams playing us have nothing at all to fear. We must have been 10 hours without a goal, we could easily go another 10.

I cant see us getting thomo as he seems to be starting for Burnley now, I just hope all the money we have saved from players like Hogg, Currie, Bamba, and Zuma is going to be put into securing a proven striker, not one that is going to 'come good' as we dont have time for that.

Gatecrasher
30-01-2011, 10:19 PM
we need someone BAD :agree::agree:

Gmack7
30-01-2011, 10:23 PM
we are desperate for a striker but a GOOD one would be preferable

Houchy
30-01-2011, 10:23 PM

We have, every single one of them:greengrin

We need some good ones:agree:

steakbake
30-01-2011, 10:24 PM

No, we need someone good!

hibee92
30-01-2011, 10:29 PM

i think we're agreed :greengrin

Houchy
30-01-2011, 10:30 PM
i think we're agreed :greengrin

Agreed:agree:

Gatecrasher
30-01-2011, 10:31 PM

:na na:

CRAZYHIBBY
30-01-2011, 10:32 PM
from what i hear there are two more signings to come a keeper and a striker........never got this from kev though so it might just be gossip

chrisski33
30-01-2011, 10:35 PM
ive heard petrie is going to dig deep into his pockets and beat chelsea and sign torres!

ScottB
30-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I really really hope so.

Granted we have signed a few players, IMO we could have done without more midfielders, the position we have been desperate to fill since the minute stokes left is a striker. We have nothing up front and until we do teams playing us have nothing at all to fear. We must have been 10 hours without a goal, we could easily go another 10.

I cant see us getting thomo as he seems to be starting for Burnley now, I just hope all the money we have saved from players like Hogg, Currie, Bamba, and Zuma is going to be put into securing a proven striker, not one that is going to 'come good' as we dont have time for that.

I disagree, we've barely had a midfield worth talking about for over a year, it's why we haven't been scoring and why we have been conceding too many!

I'd love to see a striker come in, but if the new midfield in conjunction with the new wing backs can actually provide our current strikers with some good service then I think we can survive, I'm sure Riordan and Duffy are more than capable of bagging 15 - 20 goals between them before the end of the season if that happens and they get into a good run of form.

sesoim
30-01-2011, 11:40 PM
If w don't sign a target man and a reliable CB tomorow then CC will be out of a job within a fortnight, because no way will we win another game with the central defence we've got and Nish up front. And CC picking the team makes thing even worse.