PDA

View Full Version : Martin scott

Hibees07
30-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Looked promising, showed some nice touches and displayed a bit of passion/aggression.

Well done son! :thumbsup:

hibee92
30-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Looked promising, showed some nice touches and displayed a bit of passion/aggression.

had more fight today that anyone has shown in the last 12 months! the guy wants to establish homself in the team and league and has no intention of playing 1st division next season and we need more attitudes like his! :agree:

rubber mal
30-01-2011, 05:06 PM
:agree: Exactly the type of player we've been crying out for. I haven't seen a Hibs player with such drive since Scott Brown.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Got no second half from him though. That's maybe being a bit hard on him.

Scorrie
30-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Thought he looked very good. Got stuck in but had a good pass on him as well. Let's hope that this is the type of quality CC has an eye for as he rebuilds

Hibees07
30-01-2011, 05:17 PM

Good point, but I thought that he appeared to be playing further towards the touchline in the 2nd half. I also think the booking played a big part as he had to be wary about getting sent off, that wouldn't have helped our cause much.

It may sound strange but I have a feeling Martin and Deeks may form a good partnership, don't ask me why though.

Andy74
30-01-2011, 05:44 PM
I'd give him player of the season so far.

Liam89
30-01-2011, 05:46 PM
I'd give him player of the season so far.

:tee hee:

Golden Bear
30-01-2011, 05:53 PM

He took a tasty knock which would have probably have put a few of his team mates out for a month.

essexhibee
30-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Well played Martin..you showed more fight and determination in 90mins than most of that lot have all season. Tried his best and surprised me in the fact he had skill and not just a engine to buzz about on.

Could be a good edition even despite the fact he makes Riordan look like Brad Pitt. :greengrin

OstKurve Hibs
30-01-2011, 07:46 PM
he put a couple off good crosses aswell, but as usual no one round about the penalty spot to have a shot/header!!!

seanraff07
30-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Was impressed by him, fought for every loose ball and was getting stuck in as much as possible, reminded me of Scott Brown in a way... hopefully he is CC's first good signing.:agree:

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 07:52 PM
I did not see any of this.

My sat nav was broken today so perhaps it took me to the wrong game. I saw a player that was pretty like John Rankin, at one stage during the first half the guy next to me said 'just a ross county player in a hibs jersey'.

I hope I am wrong and he can become a player for us, but based on today, no thanks.

Duffys13
30-01-2011, 07:59 PM

My sat nav was broken today so perhaps it took me to the wrong game. I saw a player that was pretty like John Rankin, at one stage during the first half the guy next to me said 'just a ross county player in a hibs jersey'.

I hope I am wrong and he can become a player for us, but based on today, no thanks.

Rankin runs about next to the ball doing nothing, I thought Martin was always available and at least trying to make things happen today. Looking forward to seeing him and Palsson gettin to know each others games. I reckon Palsson could get us a few goals also after seeing him today.

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 08:06 PM
Rankin runs about next to the ball doing nothing, I thought Martin was always available and at least trying to make things happen today. Looking forward to seeing him and Palsson gettin to know each others games. I reckon Palsson could get us a few goals also after seeing him today.

'Available' - great! I would f-ing hope so.

We will all have different opinions and as I say I would like him to come good, but being available does nothing for me, his passing was at time terrible, and I dont know what he was trying to make happen.

He did do a very good tam mcmanus impression a couple of times, the old fall down, role over and then soak up the fans delighted when he drags himself up.

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2011, 08:27 PM

:agree::agree:

Good first half, plenty of dig..... Faded in 2nd, maybe needs game time....

DC_Hibs
30-01-2011, 08:32 PM

Surely you can admit there is a difference from Rankin in that he has a physical presence and can tackle so even the extremely negative fan can take a little comfort in that our midfield is no longer full of the diddy men.

A small step in the right direction at least....... with a few others to remedy in c24hrs.

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Surely you can admit there is a difference from Rankin in that he has a physical presence and can tackle so even the extremely negative fan can take a little comfort in that our midfield is no longer full of the diddy men.

A small step in the right direction at least....... with a few others to remedy in c24hrs.

Firstly I would descibe myself as an optamistic fan. As for seeing an improvement no.

I will link that to your last statement which to be honest has left me lost for words. Firstly, last time we went up there we deserved at least a point maybe even three, we took a point a few weeks ago at easter road, today we got beat three nil going on 6 nil.

Do you think that is a 'step in the right direction'???????

Currie-Cabbage
30-01-2011, 08:43 PM

'Available' - great! I would f-ing hope so.

We will all have different opinions and as I say I would like him to come good, but being available does nothing for me, his passing was at time terrible, and I dont know what he was trying to make happen.

He did do a very good tam mcmanus impression a couple of times, the old fall down, role over and then soak up the fans delighted when he drags himself up.

It would appear that your opinion is the minority one.

Wotherspiniesta
30-01-2011, 08:46 PM
It would appear that your opinion is the minority one.

Just like her opinions of Murray, Nish, Rankin, Booth....

She's a wind up merchant. Pay no attention to her :aok:

Andy74
30-01-2011, 08:47 PM

Dont agree with any of that!

benrocky
30-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Just like her opinions of Murray, Nish, Rankin, Booth....

She's a wind up merchant. Pay no attention to her :aok:

:top marks

HibbyAndy
30-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Aken his ma. Shes chuffed for him.

HNA11
30-01-2011, 08:54 PM

Funny that we see yet another thread were you crop up with exactly the opposite opinion of just about every other poster.:rolleyes:

Wotherspiniesta
30-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Funny that we see yet another thread were you crop up with exactly the opposite opinion of just about every other poster.:rolleyes:

:agree: Very strange indeed :hmmm:

benrocky
30-01-2011, 08:59 PM

That goes for all his posts,they also come over as being full of hatred to all other supporters.

Kaiser1962
30-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Thought the new boys did ok today. It was good to see a Hibs player (Scott) nearly starting a fight trying to get the ball back at 3-0 down. Thought Palsson was tidy, as was Towell. Thought Booth was great though.

Sergy Pie
30-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I thought the guy had a good debut, away from home, at a level he's not being playing at regularly.

He will not be ignorant of the fact he'll be given more scrutiny than usual given our position and will be expected to perform straight away. Not an easy set of circumstances to be faced with in your first game and I thought he did really well .

Did fade slightly in the second half if I'm going to be critical but a good start. Will give this guy and the other newbies my backing on Wednesday.

IberianHibernian
30-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Far too soon to judge any of the new players but Scott was what I`d expect - a combative midfield player with no frills - probably what we need for a relegation battle and with an attitude which will keep more vocal element of team`s critics quiet at time of high pressure . Will do a job for us if we go down but hopefully it won`t come to that . Booking was deserved and totally unnecessary ( thought United player was unlucky to get card ) so discipline record may be another problem - after card he seemed to hold back in tackles which is really his main strength I suppose .

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 09:49 PM

I could not give a flying one if my opinion is different to everyones on here, in fact I am glad given the pish that floats about.

I was at the game today, Wother...whatever is name is gave his armchair view you have yours, football is like that. I was there I saw it and I am entitled to my view.

stevensons-fan
30-01-2011, 10:19 PM
What positions did him and Palsson play today?

IWasThere2016
30-01-2011, 10:22 PM
What positions did him and Palsson play today?

Palsson was in front of the back 4, Jimmy Scott was CM. Both looked the part IMO.

HNA11
30-01-2011, 10:33 PM
I could not give a flying one if my opinion is different to everyones on here, in fact I am glad given the pish that floats about.

I was at the game today, Wother...whatever is name is gave his armchair view you have yours, football is like that. I was there I saw it and I am entitled to my view.

Indeed everyone is entitled to their opinion. But when posts contain inflammatory comments then it becomes an issue. There are plenty people on these forums who have opinions that differ from the majority, myself included on quite a few topics, however you have stated different opinions on the same topics depending on the way a thread is headed, that becomes a problem.

And please don't start with the 'armchair' view stuff, uber fan postings really are a drag.

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Indeed everyone is entitled to their opinion. But when posts contain inflammatory comments then it becomes an issue. There are plenty people on these forums who have opinions that differ from the majority, myself included on quite a few topics, however you have stated different opinions on the same topics depending on the way a thread is headed, that becomes a problem.

And please don't start with the 'armchair' view stuff, uber fan postings really are a drag.

Your acknowledgement of fans having differing opinions has left me confused as to your point, either that or it has confirmed that you do not have one.

As for armchair V's uber my point (unlike you I have one) is it is striking ironic that some are so opinionated on something they have not seen.

HNA11
30-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Your acknowledgement of fans having differing opinions has left me confused as to your point, either that or it has confirmed that you do not have one.

As for armchair V's uber my point (unlike you I have one) is it is striking ironic that some are so opinionated on something they have not seen.

My point is simple. Differing opinions= absolutely fine, posting a differing opinion purely for a reaction (sometimes an opinion which differs from your own previous opinion on the same topic)= Not fine.

It might also be worth pointing out that the game was on TV today so i don't think anyone is posting about something they haven't seen, i'd also suggest you look up the word irony in the dictionary.

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 10:58 PM
My point is simple. Differing opinions= absolutely fine, posting a differing opinion purely for a reaction (sometimes an opinion which differs from your own previous opinion on the same topic)= Not fine.

It might also be worth pointing out that the game was on TV today so i don't think anyone is posting about something they haven't seen, i'd also suggest you look up the word irony in the dictionary.

I could not care less about getting a rise out of folk. This is my opinion, it is you that has actively sought to get a rise out of me by constantly questioning me. You will have to point me in the direction of the differing opinion on the same topic.

Thats fine, if you feel you see as much of the game on the TV as you do when you are there - your view (feel free to bring out the angle and reply debate) I respect that.

As for the dictionary I dont think I will bother, I am pretty comfortable that my level of intelligence is above where it needs to be for this discussion.