PDA

View Full Version : New centre half

fleethibee
30-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Having watched the game today, I think there are some positives to take from it. Clearly the defence is shocking, especially Dickoh. I've never been impressed with him and he definitely is a worse bombscare that Bamba ever was.

I think that CC should play Palsson at centre half as he would be excellent in there with his height and ability to tackle as well as looking cool, calm and collected on the ball. I hope Calderwood reads this as he needs to do something to improve the defence. Hanlon wasn't great today but at least he made passes. With Dickoh it's a blooter every time

Franck Stanton
30-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Having watched the game today, I think there are some positives to take from it. Clearly the defence is shocking, especially Dickoh. I've never been impressed with him and he definitely is a worse bombscare that Bamba ever was.

I think that CC should play Palsson at centre half as he would be excellent in there with his height and ability to tackle as well as looking cool, calm and collected on the ball. I hope Calderwood reads this as he needs to do something to improve the defence. Hanlon wasn't great today but at least he made passes. With Dickoh it's a blooter every time

You could be correct, but never having seen Palsson play at c/h would it be a gamble to entrust such a responsibility to a 19yr old? Not saying it wouldn't work but personally I think a safer option would be to splash some cash sign Webster from rangers, a tried, tested experienced good player who would talk the rest of our young back 4 through a game. Just my opinion and an option we could go for.

Bostonhibby
30-01-2011, 04:33 PM

:agree: Wonder what Rob Jones is doing for the rest of the season? I don't know whats happened to Stephens but he looked a better player than Dickoh who does seem to have made the bombscare job his own now that Bamba is gone :wink:

Gala Foxes
30-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Dickoh was clearly at fault for first 2 goals but 3rd goal was probably as alarming - 3 Utd players free in the 6 yard box and a wee dweeb of a forward gets a free header and then the chance to tap in his own rebound - piss poor

Toaods
30-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Dickoh was clearly at fault for first 2 goals but 3rd goal was probably as alarming - 3 Utd players free in the 6 yard box and a wee dweeb of a forward gets a free header and then the chance to tap in his own rebound - piss poor

not that it affects the end result points wise but I thought Kenneth was offside on the follow up as Smith clearly thought it was going to him and dived ...:wink:

MrSmith
30-01-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm wondering what Stephens has to do to get a game??

billbee
30-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm wondering what Stephens has to do to get a game??

porobably join the que!

Love the Green
30-01-2011, 06:08 PM

OH aye you have seen Palsson once and you think he is a centre half..what a load of pish...
First time in weeks we have had an actual presence in midfield and you want to change it..who then takes his place in midfield?
Actually thought we did much better tpday(not hard) than we have recently.
A big bully up front(like kyle) would certainly help our strikers..or at least a pacey front man.

"keep the faith"

fleethibee
30-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Why do you have to be aggressive. I was making a view known and yet you state it's pish. Why don't you crawl under your shell bone head

Removed
30-01-2011, 06:24 PM
porobably join the que!

:agree: that's exactly what I'd be saying if I was Stephens

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTsF_FBp1tvfdNHpUH_KaDufeBo0B0JS p6AsxRDWtWS4K9SYgCvag

Love the Green
30-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Why do you have to be aggressive. I was making a view known and yet you state it's pish. Why don't you crawl under your shell bone head

Charmed i,m sure....aggressive yes you do appear so...

"keep the faith"

Iain G
31-01-2011, 01:36 AM
OH aye you have seen Palsson once and you think he is a centre half..what a load of pish...
First time in weeks we have had an actual presence in midfield and you want to change it..who then takes his place in midfield?
Actually thought we did much better tpday(not hard) than we have recently.
A big bully up front(like kyle) would certainly help our strikers..or at least a pacey front man.

"keep the faith"

Palsson has stated in interviews that he has played centre half before at Liverpool and probably internationally aswell, so calm down! :wink:

confused
31-01-2011, 05:42 AM
We need an auld heid to organise the back four , lead by example ,shout some sensible instruction on the park, this current crowd are clueless !