PDA

View Full Version : dundee utd jobsworth stewards

Lofarl
30-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Gotta hand it to the 6 pound a hour brigade for killing any hope of a atmosphere. Could not stand at the back of the stand for fear of falling down. If you dare you were pounced upon ny 3 of them and threatened with being flung out.

Was also told by some braindead halfwit to mind my language. It's not as if I was swearing like a trooper, so a touch of colorful language is also out. It came as no surprise when they decided to throw out some young lad for a goodwille chant.

They hang round he back of any singers and u could feel them breathing down your neck waiting for a excuse. ******s, im sure they would treat of fans the same of course.

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 03:50 PM
A shocking abuse of power by people who are clearly doing it for the fun of it - I mean why else would someone work for £6 an hour. This is how Hitler started off you know....

Moulin Yarns
30-01-2011, 03:54 PM
A shocking abuse of power by people who are clearly doing it for the fun of it - I mean why else would someone work for £6 an hour. This is how Hitler started off you know....

That's what I mean by the stewards being straight out of 1984.

Pleasure is forbidden, enjoyment is banned.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-01-2011, 04:04 PM
That's what I mean by the stewards being straight out of 1984. <br />
<br />
Pleasure is forbidden, enjoyment is banned.<br />
<br />
was that the steward that was leaning over from the top tier? Looked like he was trying to make a situation just so he could fix it.

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 04:09 PM
That's what I mean by the stewards being straight out of 1984.

Pleasure is forbidden, enjoyment is banned.

They are only following orders.

delbert
30-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Yes lets complain about the stewards, they were to blame, if they had'nt behaved like stewards, we would have won today, it's all their fault. Seriously, if you believe that the worst thing that happened at Tannadice today was the standard of stewarding, then I think you must have spent the entire 90 minutes facing away from the pitch (not that I'd blame you for that!), but over the piece I reckon there are one or two more pressing problems right now for most Hibs fans than guys in fluorescent jackets making them sit down!

The_Horde
30-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Was me who got chucked out. Absolutely unreal stewarding, I was sitting in my seat as they told me to, completely sober, and just singing along with everyone else so I wasn't singing anything anybody else wasn't. A woman came up and we started having a bit of banter with her, but that's all it was. There was nothing offensive said to her at all it was all in good nature.

Next thing I know I'm nearly arrested and getting chucked out. The police pulled me aside and basically apologised for the stewards being completely inept and said they were p!ssed off with their behaviour every week.

Removed
30-01-2011, 04:46 PM
;2717174']Was me who got chucked out. Absolutely unreal stewarding, I was sitting in my seat as they told me to, completely sober, and just singing along with everyone else so I wasn't singing anything anybody else wasn't. A woman came up and we started having a bit of banter with her, but that's all it was. There was nothing offensive said to her at all it was all in good nature.

Next thing I know I'm nearly arrested and getting chucked out. The police pulled me aside and basically apologised for the stewards being completely inept and said they were p!ssed off with their behaviour every week.

I'd send a letter of complaint to Tayside police and Dundee Utd. Did you take a note of the police officers number?

Sir David Gray
30-01-2011, 04:50 PM
I'd send a letter of complaint to Tayside police and Dundee Utd. Did you take a note of the police officers number?

:agree: As would I.

A word of caution, though. I wouldn't hold my breath for much of a reply from Stephen Thompson, if that's who the guy chooses to write to at Dundee Utd.

I wrote to him a while back about an unrelated matter and the response that I got from him was extremely disappointing, to say the least.

--------
30-01-2011, 04:53 PM

What? Stewarding at football matches in the Austro-Hungarian league?

Everyone knows it was the leather shorts and knockwurst that started Hitler off ...

... those, and his forgery of Van Klomp's famous portrait of the Fallen Madonna ... :devil:

Gettin' Auld
30-01-2011, 05:08 PM
... those, and his forgery of Van Klomp's famous portrait of the Fallen Madonna ... :devil:
With the big boobies???

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 05:18 PM
What? Stewarding at football matches in the Austro-Hungarian league?

Everyone knows it was the leather shorts and knockwurst that started Hitler off ...

My understanding is that after being refused entry into the Vienna Art School Stollers FC side, by its manager Hymie Stewardstein, Hitler held a life long grudge against anyone by that name. And anyone whose name sounded like it, or who might have been related.

jackhfc
30-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Yes lets complain about the stewards, they were to blame, if they had'nt behaved like stewards, we would have won today, it's all their fault. Seriously, if you believe that the worst thing that happened at Tannadice today was the standard of stewarding, then I think you must have spent the entire 90 minutes facing away from the pitch (not that I'd blame you for that!), but over the piece I reckon there are one or two more pressing problems right now for most Hibs fans than guys in fluorescent jackets making them sit down!

Why post something stupid like that? Nobody said anything about how we played and the OP was talking specifically about the stewards. Theres several other player,nish,cc and petrie bashing threads so go there..

Removed
30-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Why post something stupid like that? Nobody said anything about how we played and the OP was talking specifically about the stewards. Theres several other player,nish,cc and petrie bashing threads so go there..

:agree: confused me as well

marinello59
30-01-2011, 06:12 PM

A word of caution, though. I wouldn't hold my breath for much of a reply from Stephen Thompson, if that's who the guy chooses to write to at Dundee Utd.

I wrote to him a while back about an unrelated matter and the response that I got from him was extremely disappointing, to say the least.

How many times? Give up on the begging letters FH, he's skint. :agree:

seanraff07
30-01-2011, 07:22 PM
I agree they were a disgrace, about 10 secs into the game i was told to sit down, yet it wasn't a problem for DU fans behind the far away goal to stand.:confused: I shall not be going to Tannadice again unless the game is of extreme improtance cause today was a complete waste of money... a big reason of why i'm still going to games at the moment is for the atmosphere and there wasn't any.

The other thing that confuses me is they tell us to sit during the game for our own 'safety' etc, so how come it's a bloody crime to stand during the game yet we're suddenly safe to stand before kick-off and during half-time? Absolute joke.

Nakedmanoncrack
30-01-2011, 07:30 PM
I agree they were a disgrace, about 10 secs into the game i was told to sit down, yet it wasn't a problem for DU fans behind the far away goal to stand.:confused: I shall not be going to Tannadice again unless the game is of extreme improtance cause today was a complete waste of money... a big reason of why i'm still going to games at the moment is for the atmosphere and there wasn't any.

The other thing that confuses me is they tell us to sit during the game for our own 'safety' etc, so how come it's a bloody crime to stand during the game yet we're suddenly safe to stand before kick-off and during half-time? Absolute joke.

I'd barely got to my postion in the back row, when approached and ordered to sit.
Also noticed the rather rotund & ruddy faced steward who spent most of the first half trying to cause problems.

Hibs Class
30-01-2011, 07:32 PM

Thomson's having a tough time of it just now, as can be seen below, and has to take it out on someone.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/01/21/revealed-dundee-utd-chairman-stephen-thompson-had-affair-with-woman-25-and-she-claims-he-s-the-father-of-her-son-86908-22864589/

Hermit Crab
30-01-2011, 09:28 PM
I stood in the back row of lower tier for some of game and was never told to sit down. The steward with the ginger hair and the mustache is an erse though, ive had run ins with him before. Wee baw bag that likes to cause problems then try and get the police to fight his battles.

Hes only happy when hes on his :soapbox:

Sir David Gray
30-01-2011, 09:41 PM
How many times? Give up on the begging letters FH, he's skint. :agree:

Thomson's having a tough time of it just now, as can be seen below, and has to take it out on someone.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2011/01/21/revealed-dundee-utd-chairman-stephen-thompson-had-affair-with-woman-25-and-she-claims-he-s-the-father-of-her-son-86908-22864589/

I wrote to him about a year ago to complain about the shocking state of the disabled "facilities" provided at Tannadice and I got a very unsatisfactory response from him, basically saying that he considers their facilities to be "more than adequate".

Anybody who has had to actually negotiate the entry point for away wheelchair users, and who has had to sit and watch the game from that wee corner with police and stewards standing in front of them, would beg to differ.

Although, having said that, I also wrote to John Boyle at Motherwell at the same time about the same issues at Fir Park and, at the time of writing this post, I'm still waiting on my reply from him so I suppose Thompson at least had the decency to respond.

Removed
30-01-2011, 09:45 PM
I stood in the back row of lower tier for some of game and was never told to sit down. The steward with the ginger hair and the mustache is an erse though, ive had run ins with him before. Wee baw bag that likes to cause problems then try and get the police to fight his battles.

Hes only happy when hes on his :soapbox:

That's ginger hair for you :duck:

Was he short and fat as well? :wink:

The_Horde
30-01-2011, 09:46 PM
That's ginger hair for you :duck:

Was he short and fat as well? :wink:

Yes!

Removed
30-01-2011, 09:49 PM
;2718053']Yes!

Sounds like he'd be perfect for an admin on here :devil:

Cooler :greengrin

DaveSo
30-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Never mind the stewards in Dundee, the ones at ER have their moments too.

The other Saturday at the Celtic game my teenage laddie got his newspaper (yes newspaper) taken off him at the turnstile entrance cos it might be classed as a weapon. Seriously, that is just ridiculous.
In that case why don't they take all our loose change as well cos coins are surely more dangerous than a newspaper as potential weapons.
This tube is another jobsworth who enjoys having his two minutes of power over a young laddie.

Ed De Gramo
30-01-2011, 09:53 PM

Are you for real?

This thread isn't about on the field....its about the heavy handed treatment from STS Stewards.

Worst i've seen it at Tannadice :agree:

The ginger boy with the tache stormed up to the back within about 30 nanoseconds of the kick off and shouted 'Thats you had your one and only warning, next time your out'....there was no 'can you sit down please?'

Next up was the 'Steward Manager' who clearly had a stick up her erse and a copy of Mein Kampf in her overly sized orange jacket. She was a fandan of the highest order....threw Slen out for singing (even though we were all singing) and accused the fans up the back of carrying out a (in her words) 'BEASTING' towards Goodwillie. Also accused a few others of being nasty and rude to her, even though it was a straightforward question that was asked.

When I said aloud that I was gonna make a complaint and that I was gonna get her staff ID and name, she disappeared and was never seen again.

Football has become to sanitised....do this, do that, sing this, don't sing that :rolleyes::yawn::yawn:

The fans were bullied today....bet you won't see any of that when the OF visit Tannadice

Removed
30-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Are you for real?

This thread isn't about on the field....its about the heavy handed treatment from STS Stewards.

The ginger boy with the tache stormed up to the back within about 30 nanoseconds of the kick off and shouted 'Thats you had your one and only warning, next time your out'....there was no 'can you sit down please?'

Next up was the 'Steward Manager' who clearly had a stick up her erse and a copy of Mein Kampf in her overly sized orange jacket. She was a fandan of the highest order....threw Slen out for singing (even though we were all singing) and accused the fans up the back of carrying out a (in her words) 'BEASTING' towards Goodwillie. Also accused a few others of being nasty and rude to her, even though it was a straightforward question that was asked.

When I said aloud that I was gonna make a complaint and that I was gonna get her staff ID and name, she disappeared and was never seen again.

Football has become to sanitised....do this, do that, sing this, don't sing that :rolleyes::yawn::yawn:

The fans were bullied today....bet you won't see any of that when the OF visit Tannadice

That doesn't surprise me Gramo. Was the same last time. Did you get searched again? I nearly got arrested the last time we were up there when I refused and went to the other queue that wasn't being searched and the woman shouted over the police. Total joke.

Ed De Gramo
30-01-2011, 09:59 PM
That doesn't surprise me Gramo. Was the same last time. Did you get searched again? I nearly got arrested the last time we were up there when I refused and went to the other queue that wasn't being searched and the woman shouted over the police. Total joke.

Aye, last time I got the stewards details but he apologised to me in the concourse after the game if I thought he was being out of order.

Also got searched today by the police on arrival at the ground

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 10:03 PM
The guy next to me challenged one of the boys saying it was a load of nonsense, the english accent came back with the classic "stadium regulations" chat.

At least Duffy stood up and took one for the fans cleaning out a pensioner steward in a bid to restore some power to the people.

green&left
30-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Are you for real?

Thats 'cos they play the strength in numbers card.

In other supports (ours included) there is no unity. You guys were standing up the back, I was stood with two others down the front left of the bottom tier, groups were standing along the back of the front. If everyone was grouped together (i.e Motherwell, Inverness & Celtic away this season) they wouldn't bother, or if they did try after they failed they'd **** off. You then get fans getting up and letting stewards past, fans allowing stewards to bully, harrass and eject others fans with no bother at all, when in an ideal world, as soon as the jobworths enter a stand they should be hounded (unless its to provide assistance to supporters).

Generally if stewards are acting the **** I like to act the **** back. Rules and regulations state fans are 'allowed to stand for a short period of time' and 'at moments off excitement', ask them what short period of time is, is it 10 second, 30 second, 5 minutes? Then get them to define what a moment of excitement is. Was to cauld to argue today though :greengrin

Ed De Gramo
30-01-2011, 10:10 PM

In other supports (ours included) there is no unity. You guys were standing up the back, I was stood with two others down the front left of the bottom tier, groups were standing along the back of the front. If everyone was grouped together (i.e Motherwell, Inverness & Celtic away this season) they wouldn't bother, or if they did try after they failed they'd **** off. You then get fans getting up and letting stewards past, fans allowing stewards to bully, harrass and eject others fans with no bother at all, when in an ideal world, as soon as the jobworths enter a stand they should be hounded (unless its to provide assistance to supporters).

Generally if stewards are acting the **** I like to act the **** back. Rules and regulations state fans are 'allowed to stand for a short period of time' and 'at moments off excitement', ask them what short period of time is, is it 10 second, 30 second, 5 minutes? Then get them to define what a moment of excitement is. Was to cauld to argue today though :greengrin

There was supposed to more numbers....they somehow ended up in the lower tier :greengrin

New Corrie
30-01-2011, 10:16 PM
It's funny how most people manage to attend football matches and not get embroiled in controversy with stewards. Anyway, lets just mock their hourly wage instead.

Removed
30-01-2011, 10:29 PM
It's funny how most people manage to attend football matches and not get embroiled in controversy with stewards. Anyway, lets just mock their hourly wage instead......must be a jakey thing

It's funny how most people can post on message boards without being self righteous but suppose it takes all sorts

Ed De Gramo
30-01-2011, 10:42 PM
It's funny how most people manage to attend football matches and not get embroiled in controversy with stewards. Anyway, lets just mock their hourly wage instead.

:bye::bye::bye:

New username....same troll :asshole::asshole:

New Corrie
30-01-2011, 10:46 PM
:bye::bye::bye:

New username....same troll :asshole::asshole:

Think I asked you before, are you that really funny beans guy?

HNA11
30-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Guys can we please try to avoid this thread turning into one involving needless personal abuse and mocking.

The OP had a fair point to make so lets try to keep the thread on topic please.

Lofarl
30-01-2011, 11:00 PM

Where can I find this rule?

Removed
30-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Guys can we please try to avoid this thread turning into one involving needless personal abuse and mocking.

The OP had a fair point to make so lets try to keep the thread on topic please.

Agree re the op but it was fine until CG appeared with his sarcastic posts.

I expected my word to appear starred out, apologies if anyone except CG was offended but you might want to add it to the filter.

New Corrie
30-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Agree re the op but it was fine until CG appeared with his sarcastic posts.

I expected my word to appear starred out, apologies if anyone except CG was offended but you might want to add it to the filter.

Yeah, i'm really offended and upset, maybe I can now join the in crowd and mock how much one earns an hour and call someone a ****

lucky
30-01-2011, 11:20 PM
They are only on £6 because of the minimum wage.If corrie and his mob got their way we would all be £2.

Allant1981
31-01-2011, 02:21 AM
the woman who owns the security company that does the utd games is called wendy thomson, for the life of me i cant mind the name of the company but if i remember ill put it on here and you can email her as im sure she will appreciate getting feed back about her staff, she also has contracts for some lower division teams and pubs, clubs etc in and around dundee

Barney McGrew
31-01-2011, 07:41 AM
The stewards in the lower section were OK yesterday as far as I could see, except for the wee grumpy one that looked like a big orange potato in his high-viz jacket :greengrin

mickki40
31-01-2011, 11:08 AM

Generally if stewards are acting the **** I like to act the **** back. Rules and regulations state fans are 'allowed to stand for a short period of time' and 'at moments off excitement',ask them what short period of time is, is it 10 second, 30 second, 5 minutes? Then get them to define what a moment of excitement is. Was to cauld to argue today though :greengrin

Where are these rules specifically??? I wanna get a copy of these for future games cheers mate