PDA

View Full Version : Colin Calderwood and new signings

Tiocfaidh Ar La
30-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Despite getting hammered 0-3 today and think this was mainly due to inept CH's and Colin Nish just being completely out his depth up front.

The new signings done well and were an improvement. IMO. CC needs (or needed) funds for more players as this run has been going on for over a year due to the poor standard of the players he inherited. No manager could do more with the squad we had. It's tiring listening to everyone wish for him to get the sack. Who would do better?!

He needs funds for at least 1 striker, 1 centre half, a goalkeeper. Is this possible this late in window???

Yogi, Petrie, board to blame. New signings, Booth, Wotherspoon, Miller, Hanlon and Riordan only players I'd keep.

I'm hurting but can't help but feel sorry for CC. Must wished he didn't take the job!

archiebald
30-01-2011, 03:34 PM
I fully AGREE 100 %

Scorrie
30-01-2011, 04:28 PM
I fully AGREE 100 %
:agree: And me. I think CC has an eye for a player and hope he gats a goal scorer (Rooney? Thompson?) and a centre half pronto

aberhibsfc
30-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Think we've signed some players which will given support and time will begin to get us out this hole. But, I feel we need at least a striker and CB, possibly even two CB's. The GK on trial seems to be more essential than ever.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-01-2011, 04:38 PM
I am 100% behind him.

He knows full well what he's doing. Everyone else is losing their heads and ranting and raving and proclaiming Armageddon. Thankfully, he's coming across cooler than a cucumber. He's saying the things in public that he needs to so as not to rock the boat. Others interpret this as him being out of his depth and devoid of any clue.

Privately, I'm certain he's working away diligently and slowly but surely righting our plethora of wrongs.

In any case, it's too late to sack him now with 36 hours of the window left and furthermore, it's too late to bring someone else in (as if that would dramatically change things). This group of players have patently shown they're not up to it regardless of who's at the helm.

Let the man do his job and weed them out one by one. I am encouraged by his signings. Young, physical, hungry players with a point to prove. A few more of them to come in, aided and abetted by the progression of Wotherspoon, Hanlon, Byrne and the remarkably efficient Callum Booth and we'll be a completely different side.

We can change for changes sake, but the problem is not the manager. He's the solution. Our problems lie far deeper than the manager, I firmly believe he'll cure our considerable ills given the TIME and the SUPPORT from ourselves and most pertinently, the board of directors.

Keith_M
30-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm confused. Why do we need a new goalkeeper?

What's wrong with the one we had who, mysteriously, doesn't seem to now be playing?

Andy74
30-01-2011, 04:42 PM
Signings look good and what we need. We need to support CC anything else would be disastrous. Hopefully he can add another couple of players and can make bigger changes in the summer.

Arch Stanton
30-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Despite getting hammered 0-3 today and think this was mainly due to inept CH's and Colin Nish just being completely out his depth up front.

The new signings done well and were an improvement. IMO. CC needs (or needed) funds for more players as this run has been going on for over a year due to the poor standard of the players he inherited. No manager could do more with the squad we had. It's tiring listening to everyone wish for him to get the sack. Who would do better?!

He needs funds for at least 1 striker, 1 centre half, a goalkeeper. Is this possible this late in window???

Yogi, Petrie, board to blame. New signings, Booth, Wotherspoon, Miller, Hanlon and Riordan only players I'd keep.

I'm hurting but can't help but feel sorry for CC. Must wished he didn't take the job!

My view is that we played pretty well but lost because we were playing a good team - losing against them is no indication how our season will finish.

If we had their understanding between players we would have done better - biggest cuplrit being Miller - an experienced player like him should be doing better - the younger ones showed him up.

Since playing as a team will be important to our staying up I wouldn't have Riordan anywhere near the team - he just isn't a team player.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-01-2011, 04:44 PM
I suspect Brown had a fall-out with him. If he's been dropped on form I'd be none too pleased.

If it is a fall-out then good on CC. It's about time we had a disciplinarian at the club who is free of nepotism towards 'his boys'.

I doubt anyone truthfully knows outside of CC and Brown though.

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2011, 04:44 PM
I am 100% behind him.

He knows full well what he's doing. Everyone else is losing their heads and ranting and raving and proclaiming Armageddon. Thankfully, he's coming across cooler than a cucumber. He's saying the things in public that he needs to so as not to rock the boat. Others interpret this as him being out of his depth and devoid of any clue.

Privately, I'm certain he's working away diligently and slowly but surely righting our plethora of wrongs.

In any case, it's too late to sack him now with 36 hours of the window left and furthermore, it's too late to bring someone else in (as if that would dramatically change things). This group of players have patently shown they're not up to it regardless of who's at the helm.

Let the man do his job and weed them out one by one. I am encouraged by his signings. Young, physical, hungry players with a point to prove. A few more of them to come in, aided and abetted by the progression of Wotherspoon, Hanlon, Byrne and the remarkably efficient Callum Booth and we'll be a completely different side.

We can change for changes sake, but the problem is not the manager. He's the solution. Our problems lie far deeper than the manager, I firmly believe he'll cure our considerable ills given the TIME and the SUPPORT from ourselves and most pertinently, the board of directors.

:top marks

Totally agree.

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2011, 04:46 PM
IMHO if this side played at Ayr, we'd have won I reckon.

matty_f
30-01-2011, 04:55 PM
I am 100% behind him.

Great post.

Removed
30-01-2011, 05:00 PM
IMHO if this side played at Ayr, we'd have won I reckon.

:faf: is that meant to make us feel more positive?

Any 11 an spl team put out should be beating a 2nd division part time side.

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2011, 05:02 PM
:faf: is that meant to make us feel more positive?

Any 11 an spl team put out should be beating a 2nd division part time side.

The point is that his signings have improved us straight away. And yes, if they were in place earlier we'd still be in the cup with a home draw next.

Anyway, keep poking the manager with a stick, booing our players and whatever else makes you all happy.

500miles
30-01-2011, 05:05 PM
There were lots of signs of improvement today.

Scott worked hard, has no fear, picks the ball up in good areas, and drives forward.

Palsson has an eye for a pass, wins his tackles, and reads the game well.

Booth gets forward well, and if Galbraith's decision making was on today, he would have had a lot more influence in the game.

Towell looks an excellent prospect....sadly, it will probably be for Celtic.

It's a young team, and they will make mistakes. But that's OK, because it's Hamilton we're trying to cover more points that, not Dundee United or Hearts etc.

I know he's not flavour of the month, but Liam Miller looked like he was getting more involved today.

Nish is getting pelters.....but he managed to cause more problems in this game that we have in a long time IMO. Kenneth didn't like challanging him at all. The witch-hunt against him possibly partly fuelled by that fact that he isn't Derek Riordan.

Arch Stanton
30-01-2011, 05:11 PM

Nish is getting pelters.....but he managed to cause more problems in this game that we have in a long time IMO. Kenneth didn't like challanging him at all. The witch-hunt against him possibly partly fuelled by that fact that he isn't Derek Riordan.

Neither is Derek Riordan these days, but that is alright with most folks it seems.

Ray_
30-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Neither is Derek Riordan these days, but that is alright with most folks it seems.

And some even say 0-3 is OK because Dundee UTD are a good team:no way:

Removed
30-01-2011, 05:17 PM
The point is that his signings have improved us straight away. And yes, if they were in place earlier we'd still be in the cup with a home draw next.

Anyway, keep poking the manager with a stick, booing our players and whatever else makes you all happy.

Improved :confused: we still got beat and never scored

:aok:

Ray_
30-01-2011, 05:18 PM

Scott worked hard, has no fear, picks the ball up in good areas, and drives forward.

Booth gets forward well, and if Galbraith's decision making was on today, he would have had a lot more influence in the game.

It's a young team, and they will make mistakes. But that's OK, because it's Hamilton we're trying to cover more points that, not Dundee United or Hearts etc.

I know he's not flavour of the month, but Liam Miller looked like he was getting more involved today.

I don't get this, we suffered our biggest defeat in 17 years against DU & the game was beyond us just 2 mins in to the second half. Our defending is still dreadful & we never looked like scoring.

jacomo
30-01-2011, 05:19 PM
I suspect Brown had a fall-out with him. If he's been dropped on form I'd be none too pleased.

If it is a fall-out then good on CC. It's about time we had a disciplinarian at the club who is free of nepotism towards 'his boys'.

I doubt anyone truthfully knows outside of CC and Brown though.

Personally, I think this aids the case for the prosecution. Calderwood might well feel he doesn't currently have a keeper he can trust, but we need one of them between the sticks and at the moment he's using the worst one we have.

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Improved :confused: we still got beat and never scored

:aok:

Yep, thanks to Dickoh, mainly - signed by whom?

I knew about 'goal side' defending at 5yr old, probably Dickoh doesn't.

Anyway, black n white facts are a big loss and no goals.

Those of us that can look at it in more details can recognize what pish CC was left with and that his signings look really good.

Still, keep bashing our manager. Really helps.

Removed
30-01-2011, 05:25 PM

Those of us that can look at it in more details can recognize what pish CC was left with and that his signings look really good.

Show me one post where I have "bashed" the manager? I'm just looking at the facts.

And tell me then, does posting praise for the manager on here actually help?

Hiber-nation
30-01-2011, 05:26 PM

Agree with most of that but not the bit in bold - Kenneth will never have an easier game in his life. I just sat shaking my head watching Nishy.

Ray_
30-01-2011, 05:32 PM

I would suggest that you are having a go at the manager, quite right, Dickoh is as poor as they get in the middle of our defence, everybody can see it, yet day one of the transfer window, while Dickoh's failing to stop the ball coming across during the 86th minute, giving hearts victory, Bamba is down South negotiating his move & on the 30th day of an error strewn January, Dickoh is still culpable in the centre of defence, with four players in & no new centre back amongst them!!!!

Gala Foxes
30-01-2011, 05:36 PM
lets face it, as long as Calderwood plays Dickoh, Smith & Nish there will be questions about his selections - the 3 of them are proven weak links and consistently let our football club down - pay their wages up and ship then out now,

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I would suggest that you are having a go at the manager, quite right, Dickoh is as poor as they get in the middle of our defence, everybody can see it, yet day one of the transfer window, while Dickoh's failing to stop the ball coming across during the 86th minute, giving hearts victory, Bamba is down South negotiating his move & on the 30th day of an error strewn January, Dickoh is still culpable in the centre of defence, with four players in & no new centre back amongst them!!!!

Bamba was always going to leave, in fact I'm surprised it wasn't last summer.

CC thought he can rely on Hanlon to step in, and in the main, I think we all can.

As for Dickoh, I hope CC has something up his sleave and someone to sign.

Though he identified the midfield and RB positions as being clearly the worse, and looks to have very nicely sorted that out. We know he needs a CH, CF and a new keeper to, but a full side is a big task in the toughest window. Even big clubs don't always get what they want.

Been as peed of as everyone else the last year or two, but the new signings gave me some encouragement, and hope it's enough to stay up and I trust CC to build over the summer his full team.

Ray_
30-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Bamba was always going to leave, in fact I'm surprised it wasn't last summer.

CC thought he can rely on Hanlon to step in, and in the main, I think we all can.

As for Dickoh, I hope CC has something up his sleave and someone to sign.

Though he identified the midfield and RB positions as being clearly the worse, and looks to have very nicely sorted that out. We know he needs a CH, CF and a new keeper to, but a full side is a big task in the toughest window. Even big clubs don't always get what they want.

Been as peed of as everyone else the last year or two, but the new signings gave me some encouragement, and hope it's enough to stay up and I trust CC to build over the summer his full team.

If we were professional though, Bamba would have left when the replacement was in place, or in the summer, especially given our perilous position. The money the board are taking out the club, the least we should expect is for them to be professional, but why change things now?

RMQ1967
30-01-2011, 06:03 PM
I am 100% behind him.

Agree with all of this. His interview after the game was bang on - we're playing some decent stuff - lose a couple of soft goals & the momentum goes out of the team due to previous results. As others have said it looks like he's got an eye for a player.

But for the super soft goals we keep conceding I think we're putting together some decent passages of play.

Does anyone know why David Stevens isn't getting a chance to show what he can do at the back? He looked like he was confident & could play a bit - if he knows where to position himself at set plays he's got to be worth a try.

Arch Stanton
30-01-2011, 06:11 PM
If we were professional though, Bamba would have left when the replacement was in place, or in the summer, especially given our perilous position. The money the board are taking out the club, the least we should expect is for them to be professional, but why change things now?

How much are the board taking out of the club - care to share with us. One would expect us to be making a profit before they managed to do that.

Ray_
30-01-2011, 06:32 PM
How much are the board taking out of the club - care to share with us. One would expect us to be making a profit before they managed to do that.

Where have you been? The club are paying them extremely high wages & that is coming out of the clubs accounts, not TF pocket & No 2, the club has been making a profit, but not in the way that's good business, it has been by selling assets, that's one of the reason's we are where we are today.

Arch Stanton
30-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Where have you been? The club are paying them extremely high wages & that is coming out of the clubs accounts, not TF pocket & the club have been making a profit, but not in the way that's good business, it has been by selling assets, that's one of the reason's we are where we are today.

Can I suggest that the next time you feel moved to discuss Hibernian's, or indeed anyone else's, finances you find it within you to resist the urge. I always find it best to have an idea of what you are talking about with those matters.

Ray_
30-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Can I suggest that the next time you feel moved to discuss Hibernian's, or indeed anyone else's, finances you find it within you to resist the urge. I always find it best to have an idea of what you are talking about with those matters.

Can you provide a rational explanation for the suggestion or do you just like making noises? As you seem to be the only one not aware of the near 500k per annum going out the club on wages for the board or maybe you think that is fine, as per the business turnover?

skipster7
30-01-2011, 06:58 PM
I am 100% behind him.

:top marks
great post,agree 100%.do feel that some seem to be in their element when slating CC though.2 days left and if we can get a bit strength up front im positive we can pull ourselves away from the bottom and continue rebuilding in the summer.by hook or crook we must pick up points next week.