PDA

View Full Version : We had a midfield today.....

hibsboy90
30-01-2011, 03:26 PM
For the first time in weeks i reckon we had a midfield presence. Scott showed fight and grit, alongside ability. Palsson did th simple things well. Thornhill promising.

Miller and Galbraith, anonymous.

Todays problem was defence and a target man.

Big Ed
30-01-2011, 03:31 PM
For the first time in weeks i reckon we had a midfield presence. Scott showed fight and grit, alongside ability. Palsson did th simple things well. Thornhill promising.

I agree.
I thought that for once, the scoreline flattered our opponents. In recent weeks we have surrendered meekly. Today I thought we might have taken something from the game with a bit of luck.
Obviously it is disappointing to lose 0-3, but I thought we were better than we have been.

Frank Moon
30-01-2011, 04:05 PM

Wouldn't have said Miller was anonymous. Got on the ball a lot.

Don't rate Galbraith I'm afraid. Always looks to be waiting for the ball instaed of meeting it and waiting for the tackle instaed of riding it.

smurf
30-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Much better. The better team won. However, the scoreline flattered them a little.

Our midfield were actually in the game.

We need a rock in the heart of our defence and firepower up front.

Desparately.

Spike Mandela
30-01-2011, 04:09 PM
It's all a bit 'emperors new clothes' for me.

Didn't really see any difference except a change in personnel and a team easily horsed 3- 0. The heaviest defeat to Dundee Utd in 17 years.

Green forever
30-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Much better. The better team won. However, the scoreline flattered them a little.

We need a rock in the heart of our defence and firepower up front.Desparately.

And to think of some of the abuse handed out to Rob Jones, what we wouldn't do for him back at CH...

smurf
30-01-2011, 04:25 PM
And to think of some of the abuse handed out to Rob Jones, what we wouldn't do for him back at CH...

His goals alone would be much welcomed...

CiscoKid
30-01-2011, 04:26 PM
It's all a bit 'emperors new clothes' for me.

Didn't really see any difference except a change in personnel and a team easily horsed 3- 0. The heaviest defeat to Dundee Utd in 17 years.

Totally agree, we need to give the new guys time and I thought they put in hard working performances, I wish I could be a bit more positive but while they didn't have bad games despite the result they didn't show the flashes of dynamism I was hoping for either, Miller looked the most likely to create something for us. Maybe these guys are the workers to let him be the playmaker ?

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 07:48 PM

I could not disagree with that more. I think that is the worst our midfield has looked in weeks.

The game was lost there, a team like Dundee Utd that tends not to play a passing game worked it round our midfield all day long. This fact was compounded by the constant 'olay' chants from the Dundee Utd fans.

Galbraith was not anonymous, he just was not very good. Miller was the best player in our midfield.

GreenCastle
30-01-2011, 07:50 PM

We need a rock in the heart of our defence and firepower up front.

Desparately.

:agree:

A GK / CH and 2 new forwards - speed and a target man.

bighairyfaeleith
30-01-2011, 07:55 PM
I agree with the op and I reckon we are starting to see a team forming here, whether we can get the rest of it sorted by tomorrow night though I'm not sure. Really need duffy to start coming on to a game, maybe byrne to start showing what he has got as well.

greenlex
30-01-2011, 07:56 PM
I could not disagree with that more. I think that is the worst our midfield has looked in weeks.

The game was lost there, a team like Dundee Utd that tends not to play a passing game worked it round our midfield all day long. This fact was compounded by the constant 'olay' chants from the Dundee Utd fans.

Galbraith was not anonymous, he just was not very good. Miller was the best player in our midfield.
Its amazing how we see the game differently.
Utd relyed mostly on long diagonal balls into the channels for their runners missing out their midfield.
Miller flattered to decieve all game long. Once again wanting that one touch too many and when he had the opportunity to do something nearly always took the wrong option.

Gala Foxes
30-01-2011, 08:00 PM
we defended poorly throughout and created just a couple of chances
against a mid table team a team that has struggled to win recently and who effortlessly banged 3 past us

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Utd relyed mostly on long diagonal balls into the channels for their runners missing out their midfield.
Miller flattered to decieve all game long. Once again wanting that one touch too many and when he had the opportunity to do something nearly always took the wrong option.

Dont think Miller wanted one touch too many, as I said on another post despite playing 5 in midfield there was even less options that usual. He is clearly a playing that has ability and the ability to pass, but only when there is someone to pass to.

As for missing out the midfield I dont remember that, I do think that the MOM for the game went to a Utd midfielder. None the less my ears are still ringing from the Utd fans singing as they passed the ball around for fun at stages while our midfield chased in packs / headless.

As you say people see the game differently. Whilst I am not comparing a win to today, we conceeded more goals than in most of our recent games, to say we had a midfield for me cuts against that completely IMO.

JimBHibees
30-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Dont think Miller wanted one touch too many, as I said on another post despite playing 5 in midfield there was even less options that usual. He is clearly a playing that has ability and the ability to pass, but only when there is someone to pass to.

As for missing out the midfield I dont remember that, I do think that the MOM for the game went to a Utd midfielder. None the less my ears are still ringing from the Utd fans singing as they passed the ball around for fun at stages while our midfield chased in packs / headless.

As you say people see the game differently. Whilst I am not comparing a win to today, we conceeded more goals than in most of our recent games, to say we had a midfield for me cuts against that completely IMO.

Which was almost totally down to Dickoh not picking up his man and personally think Towell should have tucked in for 2nd goal. Thought our possession was good in the first half (60/40 for Hibs at one point) but we ran out of steam a bit second half. Palsson looked a player to me, physical and can pass, also excellent shot at the end. They only had decent possession at the end when 3-0 up apart from that they were hitting on the break.

JimBHibees
30-01-2011, 08:12 PM

Totally agree, one in the first half he had Wotherspoon in a very good position and could have passed to his feet near the edge of the box but inexplicably tried to pass it on the outside of the Utd defender. Miller looked keener than recently however his decision making is baffling at times.

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Which was almost totally down to Dickoh not picking up his man and personally think Towell should have tucked in for 2nd goal. Thought our possession was good in the first half (60/40 for Hibs at one point) but we ran out of steam a bit second half. Palsson looked a player to me, physical and can pass, also excellent shot at the end. They only had decent possession at the end when 3-0 up apart from that they were hitting on the break.

Dont know what the stats showed....well with the exception of the result.

Putting it bluntly,

- We lost 1 nil to Dundee Utd at the start of the season in a game we played far better in to a silly goal at the end of the game
- we drew 2-2 with them at easter road recently
- we lost 3 nil today

To say we had a midfield, or some sort of hold on the game is miles from the truth for me. Anyone that thinks today was an improvement / a sign of good things to come is kidding themselves.