booth-done well,good on ball,will be a good player for hibs-6

palson-aggressive and plenty of effort-5
scott-looked like he cared,looked ok-6
miller-usual from him,played on the edges of game-5
spoony-needs to play,looked better at rb-6
galbraith-awful,gave ball away all day -3

nish-no service but still awful,fouled all day-3

subs-duffy,thornhill and byrne.

the lack of a proper centre forward and centre half showed up again today.

cc-teams record says it all,nowhere near good enough,a nd the st mirren game on weds is a must win game for the manager. my opinions.:thumbsup:

J-C
30-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Smith....4....don't rate him, doesn't give confidence and another who can't kick

Towell...5...did ok, likes going forward and gets caught at times
Dickoh...3....far too slow, switches off all too often
Hanlon...4....also not enough pace and gets caught ball watching now and again
Booth...6...tried hard, seemed to be always covering for others, good going forward

Miller..2...times up, thinks he's better than he is, wage thief
Scott...6...at least he's a trier, chased down ball's and tried to link up with forwards
Polsson..5..put in a few decent tackles and can see a decent pass, will get better
Galbraith...3..first touch was awful and gave the ball away too often

Wotherspoon...5...out of position, looked better at right wingback
Nish..1...waste of space, my daughters goldfish has more talent than this the biggst wage thief on the books.

Duffy....looked fairly sharp when he came on
Thornhill...looks like he needs a few matches, hard to tell from this game
Byrne...not enough time to tell

CC...1....apart from the new signins, same old, same old.....time to go.

Wotherspiniesta
30-01-2011, 03:44 PM
Smith- 4 Not commanding enough. Players visibly dont trust him.

Towell- 6 Not bad. Not scared to put in a tackle when needed.
Hanlon- 3 Poor.
Dickoh- 2 Poorer.
Booth- 7 Impressive again. Left exposed at times but composed on the ball.

Wotherspoon- 4 Passing let him down. Looked better at RB.
Miller- 3 Far too slow in possesion. Pish corners.
Palsson- 6 Good range of passing early doors. Got stuck in. Better option than IM
Scott- 7 MOTM for me. Gets forward. Bundle of energy. Stamina in abundance.
Galbraith- 3 Poor.

Nish- 0. Fouls. Lazy. Slow. Weak. Crap.

Subs:
Duffy- 3 Meh.
Byrne- 3 Meh.
Thornhill- 3 Meh.

R'Albin
30-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Smith 6-was unlucky for the first, did nothing wrong.

Towell-5 not bad.

Dickoh 2-To blame for 1st and 2nd, (i missed third as i was at toilet although so a replay and well the defending was shocking!

Hanlon 4-I rate him but thought he was poor today, marking wasnt great.

Booth-5 Got caught out a few times, looked decent gooing forward though.

Miller-6 Imo had a decent game today.

Scott-8 my MOM today, looked sharp skillful, was going in for challenges, hoping for more of the same:thumbsup:

Palsson-7 Once again not afraid of a tackle, couple of great balls today,promising.

Galbraith-5 had a poor game, quite a few misplaced passes and didnt create much.

Spoony-6 Did alright especially considering he played in aboutt 4 different positions!

Nish-2 Jeezus

Bryne-5 didnt do much.

Duffy-5 Likewise.

Thornhill-not enough time.

CC-6 good side, but get us a bloody striker!

Beefster
30-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Smith - 5. Nothing much wrong.

Towell - 5. Not as good as Wednesday.
Dickoh - 2. Rotten. Can we have a replacement please?
Hanlon - 2. Rotten. Can we have a replacement please?
Booth - 6. More about him than far more experienced players.

Miller - 3. Time to go.
Scott - 7. Our MOTM. It's not difficult to stand out amongst the usual charlatans though.
Palsson - 6. Seems a better option than Murray and I expect him to get better.
Galbraith - 3. Time to go.

Nish - 2. This guy used to score goals, right? Replacement needed.
Wotherspoon - 5. Not much came off but he tried a few runs.

HibsMax
30-01-2011, 03:58 PM
The new signings are HIS so why does he deserve to go? It seems like you're in favour of his new signings. You really think he should go before he's been afforded time to work with these new signings? That makes no sense.

Big Ed
30-01-2011, 04:03 PM
The new signings are HIS so why does he deserve to go? It seems like you're in favour of his new signings. You really think he should go before he's been afforded time to work with these new signings? That makes no sense.

:agree: 100%

lucky
30-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Smith - 5. Nothing much wrong.

Towell - 6 did ok till he went of injured
Dickoh - 2. Rotten. Can we have a replacement please?
Hanlon - 2. Rotten. Can we have a replacement please?
Booth - 6. looks promising

Miller - 4 did ok at times but he has wasted his talents.
Scott - 6 put himself about well
Palsson - 6. will get better
Galbraith - 3. Time to go. His lack of football brain is freighting. His failure to work back cost us the crucial first goal

Nish - 5 Cant play upfront by himself. Replacement needed.
Wotherspoon - 3 first half awful. looked better at RB

CC 2 bingo selection again. his signings looked ok

Manxhibs
30-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Smith - 4 - players don't trust him, stays on his line to often and struggles to kick the ball properly, bring back brown!

Towell - 6 - thought he played well, may have got caught out of position a few times but he will learn with more games.

Dickoh - 2 - terrible! In my opinion at fault for all 3 goals today, time to move on!

Hanlon - 4 - not his best game but I think having smith in nets isn't helping. I also dont think he trusts dickoh and it's effecting his decision making.

Booth - 7 - I know it's maybe a little to early to call but this lad looks the real deal, ok so he got caught up field a couple of times, he has so much composure and he can defend as well, keep it up!

Miller - 5 - got into good positions today and if his final ball was better, we would have scored today, I think he will return to form now he's got 2 midfielders that can support him.

Scott - 8 - my MOM, looked hungry, always looking for the ball, hassles constantly, can pass the ball and can tackle. Looks a good signing!

Palsson - 7 - very assured, has an eye for a pass, loved his thumping tackle in the second half, given time I think he could be a cracking signing!

Galbraith - 3 - very poor today, didn't see anything to suggest that he should start games. Didn't support booth and his passes were constantly going astray.

Wotherspoon - 6 - tried hard and did his best to support nish, looked good at rb.

Nish - 1 - I am sick of watching him play, he offers nothing, he needs to go.

Subs

Byrne - 5 - didn't see too much of him

Duffy - 5 - see Byrne

Thornhill - 5 - not enough time to judge.

CC - 5 - I don't blame him for this situation and I believe he's the msn that will get us out of it. Needs to replace smith, dickoh and nish. Strange decision to take towell off though.

Sylar
30-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Smith - 6 - didn't do much wrong today - there's only so much a goalkeeper CAN do when his defense leaves him as exposed as he was today - kicking needs improving.

Towell - 7 - looked pretty comfortable today but didn't get forward quite as well as last week. Good prospect, wherever he ends up beyond this season.

Dickoh - 2 - an absolute liability - can't pass, can't tackle, no composure and leaves his keeper exposed far too often - seems to have issues working in a line at the back, leaving players onside a fair few times.

Hanlon - 2 - Didn't think he was much better than Dickoh today in all honesty - failed to deal with a lot of the balls into the area and was equally to blame for the first and third goals, leaving players in the box - Daly lost him far too easily.

Booth - 7 - thought he looked very composed on the ball today. Was intelligent in his distribution of the ball, brought the ball out of defense well and not many United attacks came down their right hand side.

Miller - 4 - looked better on the wing than he has in the centre in recent weeks, but his inability to get stuck in is a continued issue. He can beat a player, he can pass, but he's not showing it anywhere near enough.

Scott - 8 - thought he was MoM today - put me in mind of a young Scott Brown actually - good drive, willing to get stuck in, can run with the ball and looks very vocal. Thought he took a while to find his passing range today, but once he got going, he looked a very composed and controlling CM.

Palsson - 7 - had a good eye for spraying passes. Not much bite to his play, but he did make one or two crucial tackles. He looks like a slightly more composed and physical version of Liam Miller.

Galbraith - 3 - As per the match update thread, I don't see what he offers to the side. His passing is abysmal, his positional sense is poor, he can't tackle, can't finish and not once did he get back to assist Booth.

Nish - 2 - the big man will get more pelters and I'd say they're justified. He has no pace and can't run the channels, his passing leaves a lot to be desired, he gives away needless fouls, can't read an offside line and looks clueless in front of goal. He won a few balls in the air today and set up Galbraith very well, but there's no point in him knocking these balls down when it's obvious nobody is supporting him.

Wotherspoon - 5 - Didn't think he was great today - forced a good save from Pernis, but other than that, didn't offer much. Didn't get up to support Nish enough, passing was awful, no commitment to tackles and a bit unsure of where he should be playing. He has potential, but he isn't showing it just now.

Subs:

Duffy - 2 - done absolutely nothing when he came on - poor touch, unwilling to tackle, running in to space aimlessly and moans far too much.

Thornhill - 4 - to be fair, he didn't really get enough time to make any real judgements today. His shot over the bar was poor, but I think he only touched the ball another 3 times aside from that effort.

Byrne - 5 - got into some good positions, brought the ball down well, rustled their defense up for a bit, but ultimately, too little too late by the time he came on.

CC - 4 - his signings look good and settled in well today, but he is hampered by the dross he inherited from Hughes. It's encouraging that his signings DO look positive, but he needs more than one transfer window to build his squad. The problem is, our time in the SPL looks numbered unless we seriously improve. He still looks tactically naive IMO and left it far too late to make desperately needed changes. Despite the positive impact of his signings, I would question the positional variability in them - quite clearly, our 2 key areas are at CH and striker, yet Calderwood seems to have made no efforts to bolster in either position.

HibsMax
30-01-2011, 04:37 PM
In case anyone is interested, here are the average ratings based on the 8 sets submitted so far:
Smith = 5.0 (4-6)
Towell = 5.8 (5-7)
Hanlon = 3.4 (2-6)
Dickoh = 2.5 (2-5)
Booth = 6.3 (5-7)
Palsson = 6.1 (5-7)
Scott = 7.0 (6-8)
Miller = 4.0 (2-6)
Wotherspoon = 5.0 (3-6)
Galbraith = 3.3 (3-5)
Nish = 2.3 (0-4)

The numbers in parenthesis show the min/max ratings. What I find interesting about these is that even though there are only 8 sets of ratings in there is quite a disparity in some of the ratings. This just goes to show how very differently people see things. Not only is it a difficult job to pick the teams, it's also difficult to get an accurate feel for how well that team actually played. I mean in terms of ratings, not the scoreline or result. I've highlighted the players with the greatest disparity.

bringbackjoeT!!
30-01-2011, 04:45 PM
It's the typical attitude- the new guys were great but give them a few months and they will be slated like the rest, i didnt think scott or palsson were that much above the general mediocrity! to be honest i thought miller was probably our best player in terms of technique and passing but the lack of movement in front of him was the real problem.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Smith....4....don't rate him, doesn't give confidence and another who can't kick

Towell...5...did ok, likes going forward and gets caught at times
Dickoh...3....far too slow, switches off all too often
Hanlon...4....also not enough pace and gets caught ball watching now and again
Booth...6...tried hard, seemed to be always covering for others, good going forward

Miller..2...times up, thinks he's better than he is, wage thief
Scott...6...at least he's a trier, chased down ball's and tried to link up with forwards
Polsson..5..put in a few decent tackles and can see a decent pass, will get better
Galbraith...3..first touch was awful and gave the ball away too often

Wotherspoon...5...out of position, looked better at right wingback
Nish..1...waste of space, my daughters goldfish has more talent than this the biggst wage thief on the books.

Duffy....looked fairly sharp when he came on
Thornhill...looks like he needs a few matches, hard to tell from this game
Byrne...not enough time to tell

:agree:
I said similar a few weeks ago, although my goldfish was actually dead, and was laughed at for the comment. Who's laughing now? :wink:

JimBHibees
30-01-2011, 05:06 PM
Personally thought Palsson was class and will only get better. Miller flatters to deceive and can do some great stuff then pass the ball out the park. Scott tried hard however maybe was trying too hard and made some simple passing errors. We desperately need at least one centre half and a centre forward, could do with a decent goalie also.

el capitano
30-01-2011, 05:19 PM
dont like rating players but we need confidence from somewhere. i was a little dissapointed in the new signings, i know its first game etc. not convinced yet that they are an improvement on what we have or had before this transfer window opened.

gk and defence have problems, midfield were 2nd to every ball today from mid 1st half onwards. forwards were playing off thumps up the park, it really wouldnt matter if we had drogba and torres up there, the service is very poor.

even the basics from gk kickouts are putting us under pressure, players set up on an area of the park to challenge for kick out and he hits it nowhere near them.

throw ins not quick enough then throwing it to there chest/head instead of feet etc, all very annoying as the games come and go.

we are really up against it now, wednesday is massive

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Smith- 5 Made a few decent saves, usually once the offside flag had gone up.

Towell- 4 Decent enough, have to question why we brought him in I think that Wotherspoon does his job and more.

Hanlon- 5 Think he was more exposed given the changes in midfield and was shown up today at times.

Dickoh- 2 Described him as a bombscare during the week and over recent, he has detonated in most of the recent games, today he went off like the mother of all explosions. Would not be playing him next week.

Booth- 6 Did okay, would question what happended for the first goal, but have not had the chance to see it again.

Wotherspoon- 3 His passing is embarrassing. Was far superior at RB, cant understand why we do not start him there, I really do feel this is the position that will allow him to shine for us again.

Miller- 5 IMO our best midfielder by a distance. Sad fact is even with four others in midfield and two attacking full backs no one ever shows for a pass.

Palsson- 5 Did okay. Would be tempted to play him of Murray at CH with the other playing the DM role. I think the result today without Murray playing in the middle tells its own story about how much of an impact each has in terms of helping those at the back out.

Scott- 4 Not seeing what others seem to have seen in this guy. Based on today he offers nothing more than Rankin or Stevenson. Hope he can come on to a game, my biggest concern is that if this is an example of an Adams signing I dont want him anywhere near the cheque book.

Galbraith- 3 Was not really involved in the game. Dont know how to help him be more consistant. One good performance in 3 or 4 games is not doing anything for us.

Nish- Won his fair share in the air, yet again taking the brunt of boos for the inadequacies of those around him. He is not a target man and he is not there for playing one up front.

Subs:
Duffy- 3 Perhaps he has something against old people, I can only assume his shot was meant to take her out and in fact he has a better shot on him than Van Persie
Byrne- 3 Would play him or Duffy alongside Nish next week, get 2 up front, this one up nonsense is doing nothing.
Thornhill- 2 We will see.

Wotherspiniesta
30-01-2011, 07:57 PM

Towell- 4 Decent enough, have to question why we brought him in I think that Wotherspoon does his job and more.

Hanlon- 5 Think he was more exposed given the changes in midfield and was shown up today at times.

Dickoh- 2 Described him as a bombscare during the week and over recent, he has detonated in most of the recent games, today he went off like the mother of all explosions. Would not be playing him next week.

Booth- 6 Did okay, would question what happended for the first goal, but have not had the chance to see it again.

Wotherspoon- 3 His passing is embarrassing. Was far superior at RB, cant understand why we do not start him there, I really do feel this is the position that will allow him to shine for us again.

Miller- 5 IMO our best midfielder by a distance. Sad fact is even with four others in midfield and two attacking full backs no one ever shows for a pass.

Palsson- 5 Did okay. Would be tempted to play him of Murray at CH with the other playing the DM role. I think the result today without Murray playing in the middle tells its own story about how much of an impact each has in terms of helping those at the back out.

Scott- 4 Not seeing what others seem to have seen in this guy. Based on today he offers nothing more than Rankin or Stevenson. Hope he can come on to a game, my biggest concern is that if this is an example of an Adams signing I dont want him anywhere near the cheque book.

Galbraith- 3 Was not really involved in the game. Dont know how to help him be more consistant. One good performance in 3 or 4 games is not doing anything for us.

Nish- Won his fair share in the air, yet again taking the brunt of boos for the inadequacies of those around him. He is not a target man and he is not there for playing one up front.

Subs:
Duffy- 3 Perhaps he has something against old people, I can only assume his shot was meant to take her out and in fact he has a better shot on him than Van Persie
Byrne- 3 Would play him or Duffy alongside Nish next week, get 2 up front, this one up nonsense is doing nothing.

You know, sometimes I just wonder if you're at the wind up :dizzy:

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 08:10 PM
Smith- 4 Not commanding enough. Players visibly dont trust him.

Towell- 6 Not bad. Not scared to put in a tackle when needed.
Hanlon- 3 Poor.
Dickoh- 2 Poorer.
Booth- 7 Impressive again. Left exposed at times but composed on the ball.

Wotherspoon- 4 Passing let him down. Looked better at RB.
Miller- 3 Far too slow in possesion. Pish corners.
Palsson- 6 Good range of passing early doors. Got stuck in. Better option than IM
Scott- 7 MOTM for me. Gets forward. Bundle of energy. Stamina in abundance.
Galbraith- 3 Poor.

Nish- 0. Fouls. Lazy. Slow. Weak. Crap.

Subs:
Duffy- 3 Meh.
Byrne- 3 Meh.
Thornhill- 3 Meh.

You know, sometimes I just wonder if you're at the wind up :dizzy:

Dito - you want to get that TV of yours fixed, or take the comments on the radio / matchday thread a little less seriously.

Wotherspiniesta
30-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Dito - you want to get that TV of yours fixed, or take the comments on the radio / matchday thread a little less seriously.

Not trying to point score, but I'm pretty sure you'll find that more people agree with my take on the game than your odd comments. Clearly you know bugger all about football seeing as you salivate over Ian Murrays "standout performances" in centre midfield and think that Nish's piss poor attempts at being a forward are simply everyone elses inadequacies.

I watched the game on the TV, clearly you were sat behind a pillar at Tannadice. But, I'll be there at ER (as usual) on Wednesday to try and see things from your very strange point of view. :aok:

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Not trying to point score, but I'm pretty sure you'll find that more people agree with my take on the game than your odd comments. Clearly you know bugger all about football seeing as you salivate over Ian Murrays "standout performances" in centre midfield and think that Nish's piss poor attempts at being a forward are simply everyone elses inadequacies.

I watched the game on the TV, clearly you were sat behind a pillar at Tannadice. But, I'll be there at ER (as usual) on Wednesday to try and see things from your very strange point of view. :aok:

Glad to hear you had a comfortable armchair.

Dont think I have ever used the words standout performances, but if you are one of the ones that is dim enough to think that our midfield gave us more today than against, Rangers, Celtic, Motherwell (to use the last three as an example) then you are kidding yourself. And I do mean kidding yourself.

As for your highest marks going to Towell (have a word), Booth and Scott then I think you need to adjust your TV set, or perhaps get one of those colour ones.

Wotherspiniesta
30-01-2011, 08:32 PM

Dont think I have ever used the words standout performances, but if you are one of the ones that is dim enough to think that our midfield gave us more today than against, Rangers, Celtic, Motherwell (to use the last three as an example) then you are kidding yourself. And I do mean kidding yourself.

As for your highest marks going to Towell (have a word), Booth and Scott then I think you need to adjust your TV set, or perhaps get one of those colour ones.

You talk utter nonsense. I have nothing more to add.

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 08:35 PM
You talk utter nonsense. I have nothing more to add.

Delighted to hear that you are finally shutting up, now I can be assured the dull pulsing sound will go away until you have something worth hearing........which is likely to be a long long time away.

Ernie Cobra
30-01-2011, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=Beefster;2717091]

Smith - 2 - just cause hes *****, uninspiring, and should have been dragged out and shot after motherwell

Towell - 5. Not as good as Wednesday. but looks decent
Dickoh - 1. please leave now and get stevens in NOW
Hanlon - 3. bad day at the office
Booth - 6. at least he tried to go forward and looked interested

Miller - 3. Please leave now
Scott - 7. Our MOTM.
Palsson - 6. Looked decent, will probably be regretting his move
Galbraith - 1. please leave now

Nish - 0 - LEAVE NOW YOU ****IN USELESS LAZY GALOOT
Wotherspoon - 4 I like spoony but like hanlon - bad day at the office

Calderwood 1 - Spoony as a centre forward???? Nish continuing to play, GIE ME PEACE!

HFC 0-7
30-01-2011, 08:53 PM

Subs:

I think you are at the wind up! You are having a go at people for having booth as highest rating when it looks to me you have given booth your highest as well. You also say that Miller was the best midfielder by a distance but give Palsson a 5 also. Sticking up for Nish but not bothering giving him a rating?!?

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 09:58 PM
I think you are at the wind up! You are having a go at people for having booth as highest rating when it looks to me you have given booth your highest as well. You also say that Miller was the best midfielder by a distance but give Palsson a 5 also. Sticking up for Nish but not bothering giving him a rating?!?

Right then I will clarify, I never said in any of my posts that booth was minging, i gave him a six which to me is slightly above a pass. Others have been dishing out 7's which to me is well beyond a pass (queue those who would like to make a stupid number related joke!).

My five for miller reflect the fact I thought he was the best player in the midfield, the young lad palsson contributed well at times and it was his first game, alas my mark I feel is justified.

Nish apologies my mistake, I would have given him a 4.

I noticed you have seen it appropriate to comment on my opinion, yet you dont appear to have managed to give an opinion yourself - any reason for that, or do you just prefer to side with the majority / you dont have an opinion of your own?

Toaods
30-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Smith - 0 for not having retired yet.

Towell - 6 was doing Ok until feeling his hamstring.

Hanlon - 5 done Ok but seems to be a touch too soft.

Dickoh - 3 dozy clown

Booth - 6 not a panic merchant, leave him in.

Palsson - 5 - generally seemed tidy in his game for a debut.

Scott - 7 shows a hunger not seen since Broonie left.

Spoony - 5 Jack of all trades, master of none.

Miller - 5 flashes good and bad but can do so much more

Galbraith - 3 terrible.

Nish - 2 shambles

CC - new signings look good long term, perhaps he just needs anopther 6 or 7 of his own, because the ones he looks to be punting aren't trying a leg for him.

HFC 0-7
30-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Right then I will clarify, I never said in any of my posts that booth was minging, i gave him a six which to me is slightly above a pass. Others have been dishing out 7's which to me is well beyond a pass (queue those who would like to make a stupid number related joke!).

My five for miller reflect the fact I thought he was the best player in the midfield, the young lad palsson contributed well at times and it was his first game, alas my mark I feel is justified.

Nish apologies my mistake, I would have given him a 4.

I noticed you have seen it appropriate to comment on my opinion, yet you dont appear to have managed to give an opinion yourself - any reason for that, or do you just prefer to side with the majority / you dont have an opinion of your own?

So someone gives a player 1 higher than you and its crazy?!?!? You did pull the guy up for giving his highest marks to Booth which is what you did, can you see the confusion? Still dont get what you are on about regarding Miller and Palsson. Miller is the best midfielder by some distance but is given the same mark as another?

J-C
30-01-2011, 10:31 PM

Nothing against his signings, I think I gave them good markings, it's his tactical awareness I'm worried about. Playing Nish and Smith this past 3-4 games when everyone knows they are rank, also continuing playing Hanlon and Dickoh when we are leaking goals every game. What's the matter with Stephens/Thicot, christ even Murray who has experience at the back.

No point in making new signings then playing the same crap on the field beside them.

J-C
30-01-2011, 10:42 PM

So the 5-6 decent chances made today compaired to the previous matches had sod all to do with the midfield giving us more options and generally better than before.

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 10:45 PM
So someone gives a player 1 higher than you and its crazy?!?!? You did pull the guy up for giving his highest marks to Booth which is what you did, can you see the confusion? Still dont get what you are on about regarding Miller and Palsson. Miller is the best midfielder by some distance but is given the same mark as another?

I have explained what I believe the difference between a 6 and a 7 is, I wont do it again, but I would encourage you to read my post again, perhaps that will help.

With regards to Miller he was our best player, if you think our midfield should be pulling in a 6 or 7 on the back of a 3 nil defeat then ou have issues beyond player ratings. Again I explained my reasoning behind miller and palsson, miller was the best player, Palsson out of the new recruits was by far the best, I have mearly acknowledged his debut in his grade.

I do again seem to have missed your grades - whats your view, stick it up and I will spend the next hour tearing it to pieces - I will however do it with a bit of common sense / knowledge.

J-C
30-01-2011, 10:48 PM
I have explained what I believe the difference between a 6 and a 7 is, I wont do it again, but I would encourage you to read my post again, perhaps that will help.

With regards to Miller he was our best player, if you think our midfield should be pulling in a 6 or 7 on the back of a 3 nil defeat then ou have issues beyond player ratings. Again I explained my reasoning behind miller and palsson, miller was the best player, Palsson out of the new recruits was by far the best, I have mearly acknowledged his debut in his grade.

I do again seem to have missed your grades - whats your view, stick it up and I will spend the next hour tearing it to pieces - I will however do it with a bit of common sense / knowledge.

Ah thanks for explaining, could you now explain the difference between 3-4 and 5-6.

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 10:50 PM
So the 5-6 decent chances made today compaired to the previous matches had sod all to do with the midfield giving us more options and generally better than before.

I sat through all 90 mins, you are going to have to point me to the "5-6 decent chances".

With regards to the previous games our midfield were stronger against both rangers and celtic, I dont think either team had as much possession in the middle of the field. With regards to Motherwell I would class decent chances as thoses such as the Zouma one on one and the penatly - I dont recall any chances as clear as that today.

matty_f
30-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Smith - 6 - didn't do much wrong today - there's only so much a goalkeeper CAN do when his defense leaves him as exposed as he was today - kicking needs improving.

Towell - 7 - looked pretty comfortable today but didn't get forward quite as well as last week. Good prospect, wherever he ends up beyond this season.

Dickoh - 2 - an absolute liability - can't pass, can't tackle, no composure and leaves his keeper exposed far too often - seems to have issues working in a line at the back, leaving players onside a fair few times.

Hanlon - 2 - Didn't think he was much better than Dickoh today in all honesty - failed to deal with a lot of the balls into the area and was equally to blame for the first and third goals, leaving players in the box - Daly lost him far too easily.

Booth - 7 - thought he looked very composed on the ball today. Was intelligent in his distribution of the ball, brought the ball out of defense well and not many United attacks came down their right hand side.

Miller - 4 - looked better on the wing than he has in the centre in recent weeks, but his inability to get stuck in is a continued issue. He can beat a player, he can pass, but he's not showing it anywhere near enough.

Scott - 8 - thought he was MoM today - put me in mind of a young Scott Brown actually - good drive, willing to get stuck in, can run with the ball and looks very vocal. Thought he took a while to find his passing range today, but once he got going, he looked a very composed and controlling CM.

Palsson - 7 - had a good eye for spraying passes. Not much bite to his play, but he did make one or two crucial tackles. He looks like a slightly more composed and physical version of Liam Miller.

Galbraith - 3 - As per the match update thread, I don't see what he offers to the side. His passing is abysmal, his positional sense is poor, he can't tackle, can't finish and not once did he get back to assist Booth.

Nish - 2 - the big man will get more pelters and I'd say they're justified. He has no pace and can't run the channels, his passing leaves a lot to be desired, he gives away needless fouls, can't read an offside line and looks clueless in front of goal. He won a few balls in the air today and set up Galbraith very well, but there's no point in him knocking these balls down when it's obvious nobody is supporting him.

Wotherspoon - 5 - Didn't think he was great today - forced a good save from Pernis, but other than that, didn't offer much. Didn't get up to support Nish enough, passing was awful, no commitment to tackles and a bit unsure of where he should be playing. He has potential, but he isn't showing it just now.

Subs:

Duffy - 2 - done absolutely nothing when he came on - poor touch, unwilling to tackle, running in to space aimlessly and moans far too much.

Thornhill - 4 - to be fair, he didn't really get enough time to make any real judgements today. His shot over the bar was poor, but I think he only touched the ball another 3 times aside from that effort.

Byrne - 5 - got into some good positions, brought the ball down well, rustled their defense up for a bit, but ultimately, too little too late by the time he came on.

CC - 4 - his signings look good and settled in well today, but he is hampered by the dross he inherited from Hughes. It's encouraging that his signings DO look positive, but he needs more than one transfer window to build his squad. The problem is, our time in the SPL looks numbered unless we seriously improve. He still looks tactically naive IMO and left it far too late to make desperately needed changes. Despite the positive impact of his signings, I would question the positional variability in them - quite clearly, our 2 key areas are at CH and striker, yet Calderwood seems to have made no efforts to bolster in either position.

I agree with the ratings. I think Calderwood would have scored higher than a 4 by going with a 4-4-2 and ditching Nish. His continued inclusion in the side is incomprehensible. Smith I can almost understand, but Nish...:bitchy:

J-C
30-01-2011, 10:56 PM
I sat through all 90 mins, you are going to have to point me to the "5-6 decent chances".

With regards to the previous games our midfield were stronger against both rangers and celtic, I dont think either team had as much possession in the middle of the field. With regards to Motherwell I would class decent chances as thoses such as the Zouma one on one and the penatly - I dont recall any chances as clear as that today.

Today, Miller shooting from 8yds with left foot and just missing nearside post.

Galbraith hitting a volley from around 10yds over the bar.

Nish 1 clear cut header and another 2 where he should've done better.

Palsson hitting strong shot from around 18yds, goalkeeper saving top corner.

matty_f
30-01-2011, 10:57 PM

It's ok - you can admit it - the new players are better than Nid. Nobody's going to think less of you for saying it.:agree:

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Today, Miller shooting from 8yds with left foot and just missing nearside post. It was never going in from that angle

Galbraith hitting a volley from around 10yds over the bar. Agreed.

Nish 1 clear cut header and another 2 where he should've done better. One header yes, and basically the other two did not exist.

Palsson hitting strong shot from around 18yds, goalkeeper saving top corner. Decent strike from the boy, but seemed pretty confortable for the keeper, from memory he palmed it in front of him then picked it up.

One of the above was a good chance. Do you think any of the others ranked as good as the chances we created at Motherwell?

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 11:06 PM
It's ok - you can admit it - the new players are better than Nid. Nobody's going to think less of you for saying it.:agree:

"nid" - you make it sound like he is one of your best mates!

The new players IMO are not better than Murray, the result would in fairness be a reasonable reflection of that. I am not saying they could not be, but I dont feel that you can say they are better than your mate "nid", unless of course you think we played well, today and achieved a good result?

matty_f
30-01-2011, 11:08 PM

The new players IMO are not better than Murray, the result would in fairness be a reasonable reflection of that. I am not saying they could not be, but I dont feel that you can say they are better than your mate "nid", unless of course you think we played well, today and achieved a good result?

A fan using a nickname widely used by the fans, clearly indicated best mates status. Riiiiight.

It is possible to have players play well when the team does not, and also to have players play well when the result is a poor one.

I take it you think we've played well and had good results in all those other games pre-new signings?

Removed
30-01-2011, 11:10 PM

That's his nickname, so what?

I'd suggest that Matty probably has met him quite a few times in a previous life, and a lot of other players too.

You're just making yourself look silly...................again

J-C
30-01-2011, 11:11 PM

Overall we played better than the past 8-10 games but once again individual errors in defense caused a defeat.....oh! and having zero attacking option.

I still think you're at the wind up all the time.

J-C
30-01-2011, 11:12 PM

We all use Deek instaed of Derek Riordan but that doesn't prove we're all best buddies with him.

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 11:14 PM
A fan using a nickname widely used by the fans, clearly indicated best mates status. Riiiiight.

It is possible to have players play well when the team does not, and also to have players play well when the result is a poor one.

I take it you think we've played well and had good results in all those other games pre-new signings?

Looking at the past three games I think we played better, yes. The results are no worse, arguably it is more expected to be beaten off the old firm and against motherwell, yes I do feel we played better.

Do you think we played better in todays 3 nil defeat to Dundee United than we did in our 2 nil defeat to motherwell and rangers (please remember rangers second) and 3 nil to celtic?

Ps as I was writing the above i realise it is ridiculous to be comparing "good defeats"!!

My point and view does remain the same, I dont think today was a step forward for us, it was a step back IMO.

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Overall we played better than the past 8-10 games but once again individual errors in defense caused a defeat.....oh! and having zero attacking option.

I still think you're at the wind up all the time.

Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. You would probably argue black is white.....until these current players have had 5 games or so, then the will be rubbish and they will have been since the their first game.

I dont think you are at the wind up, I just think you are deluded.

I would think "nid" is a nickname that his team mates call him, perhaps some fans do as well, I would not. Just sounded a little familiar / friendly, funny that really as it came with a sly dig at the same time.

matty_f
30-01-2011, 11:19 PM
Looking at the past three games I think we played better, yes. The results are no worse, arguably it is more expected to be beaten off the old firm and against motherwell, yes I do feel we played better.

Do you think we played better in todays 3 nil defeat to Dundee United than we did in our 2 nil defeat to motherwell and rangers (please remember rangers second) and 3 nil to celtic?

Ps as I was writing the above i realise it is ridiculous to be comparing "good defeats"!!

My point and view does remain the same, I dont think today was a step forward for us, it was a step back IMO.

FWIW, I think we've been improving in general over the last few weeks though the results don't reflect that at all.

Today our midfield was better than it has been this season, our issues today were significant defensive lapses and a chronic lack of potency in front of goal.

J-C
30-01-2011, 11:22 PM

Right, bring back Rankin, McBride and the rest of the wasters at ER.

How can so many see a totally different game from the one you said you saw. :confused:

matty_f
30-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree. You would probably argue black is white.....until these current players have had 5 games or so, then the will be rubbish and they will have been since the their first game.

I would think "nid" is a nickname that his team mates call him, perhaps some fans do as well, I would not. Just sounded a little familiar / friendly, funny that really as it came with a sly dig at the same time.

There was no sly dig aimed at Nid. There is absolutely no dig in saying another player is better than someone. Nid, Niddy, Nid-o (etc) puts in a great shift for Hibs whenever he plays, does his best and now and again (0-3 at Ibrox being an example) is terrific. For the most part of this season, he's been outplayed by almost every midfield he's faced.

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 11:26 PM
FWIW, I think we've been improving in general over the last few weeks though the results don't reflect that at all.

Today our midfield was better than it has been this season, our issues today were significant defensive lapses and a chronic lack of potency in front of goal.

Finally we may be able to agree on something....we do have a huge void in front of goal, we have done all season and it must be a dream for every team to play against us as a result.

Our midfield, I am happy to agree to disagree.

Our defense got shown up as a result of the midfield in front of it, my opinion, I know you do not agree with that. The poorer midfield coupled with Dickoh being exposed more was a huge factor no doubt.

But in my view I can accept that todays result is an improvement or anything to be positive. We were playing against a team that has this season been prone to a poor result, coming off the back of our recent fixtures I was hopeful we would show something today, and I dont think we did.

The simple fact is we were beaten 3 nil and did not control the game / have as much influence as we have done recently, it could have been more than 3. Considering that we drew with them in our last meeting and were unlucky to get beaten 1 nil at the start of the season I dont see how this result cant be seen as a step back from a draw and a narrow defeat.

J-C
30-01-2011, 11:29 PM

After looking at quite a lot of your posts I seem to be one of many other members you have had a difference of opinion with, you obviously like to goad people with negativity but hey, carry on mate, wind up all day long, as far as I'm concerned you haven't got an effing clue.

J-C
30-01-2011, 11:33 PM
Finally we may be able to agree on something....we do have a huge void in front of goal, we have done all season and it must be a dream for every team to play against us as a result.

Our midfield, I am happy to agree to disagree.

Our defense got shown up as a result of the midfield in front of it, my opinion, I know you do not agree with that. The poorer midfield coupled with Dickoh being exposed more was a huge factor no doubt.

But in my view I can accept that todays result is an improvement or anything to be positive. We were playing against a team that has this season been prone to a poor result, coming off the back of our recent fixtures I was hopeful we would show something today, and I dont think we did.

The simple fact is we were beaten 3 nil and did not control the game / have as much influence as we have done recently, it could have been more than 3. Considering that we drew with them in our last meeting and were unlucky to get beaten 1 nil at the start of the season I dont see how this result cant be seen as a step back from a draw and a narrow defeat.

So the midfield was at fault for Dickoh not tracking his marker into the 6yd box for the 1st, or dickoh getting caught out of position and for pace for the 2nd and the 3rd came from a corner that wasn't with 3 defenders standing around watching their players playing pinball with Smith until the ball went in. :confused:

Also the 60% possession in the first half was imaginary.

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 11:34 PM
After looking at quite a lot of your post I seem to be one of many other members you have had a difference of opinion with, you obviously like to goad people with negativity but hey, carry on mate, wind up all day long, as far as I'm concerned you haven't got an effing clue.

I think you will find this started with you having a go at my opinion, alas you seemed to be the one goading as you say.

I am not arsed one why or another about you being wound up. My view is my view, I gave my ratings, I will have a look at yours, I found your view on the 5-6 decent chances we had quite entertaining, so your ratings will give me something else to read.

J-C
30-01-2011, 11:38 PM
I think you will find this started with you having a go at my opinion, alas you seemed to be the one goading as you say.

I am not arsed one why or another about you being wound up. My view is my view, I gave my ratings, I will have a look at yours, I found your view on the 5-6 decent chances we had quite entertaining, so your ratings will give me something else to read.

I had a go at you opinion as it was a nonsense of one, also you had a good go at goad Wotherspinieta, or have you already forgotten about those posts.

Albion Hibs
30-01-2011, 11:44 PM
I had a go at you opinion as it was a nonsense of one, also you had a good go at goad Wotherspinieta, or have you already forgotten about those posts.

Are you his bodyguard?!! I think you will find he, like you, thought he had a better knowledge of my ratings and decided to have a 'goad' - you are like goading twins, hunting in packs!

Funny just had a look at your ratings, a lot of them not that different to mine. You will note I did not chose to have a go at your ratings, thats your opinion you are entitled to it......... but 5 for Wotherspoon!!

Anyway, this was begining to bore me some time ago, enjoy the rest of your evening.

J-C
30-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Are you his bodyguard?!! I think you will find he, like you, thought he had a better knowledge of my ratings and decided to have a 'goad' - you are like goading twins, hunting in packs!

Funny just had a look at your ratings, a lot of them not that different to mine. You will note I did not chose to have a go at your ratings, thats your opinion you are entitled to it......... but 5 for Wotherspoon!!

Anyway, this was begining to bore me some time ago, enjoy the rest of your evening.

What the **** does "goading twins " mean........better to bed now you have school in the morning......oh wait yes you're 30 yrs old, nearly forgot, with the content of your posts.