PDA

View Full Version : name a manager who we could afford, and could get us out of this mess

AgentDaleCooper
30-01-2011, 02:14 PM
i honestly can't think of anyone. pa broon maybe could have, but we missed that boat.

i don't think CC has done a bad job per say, he's just been dealt an utterly unplayable hand. we don't need someone who can manipulate the situation into a favourable one, we need someone who will actually batter the players into competence. bugger the carrot. get the baseball bat and the blowtorch.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 02:17 PM
i honestly can't think of anyone. pa broon maybe could have, but we missed that boat.

Jimmy Calderwood give him until the end of the season

fatbloke
30-01-2011, 02:29 PM
fred goodwin

holyrood hibbie
30-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Derek Adams seen as he is our assistant already, it would cost £0 to move him up and if Calderwood goes he'd stay at Hibs i guess.

blindsummit
30-01-2011, 02:30 PM
fred goodwin

Won't work. Has the word "win" in his name.

fatbloke
30-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Won't work. Has the word "win" in his name.

:greengrin
Your right how about the actress Glenn Close

sesoim
30-01-2011, 02:33 PM

Been saying it for ages. Well, since Mixu left.

Anyone with anything against Jimmy Calderwood should look at his record in the SPL and think about it. He knows the league inside out and would get results quickly. And unlike CC, he is a lot cleverly than he seems.

sesoim
30-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Derek Adams seen as he is our assistant already, it would cost £0 to move him up and if Calderwood goes he'd stay at Hibs i guess.

I'd keep Adams at the club, but ideally still as an assistant.

blindsummit
30-01-2011, 02:34 PM
:greengrin
Your right how about the actress Glenn Close

Seems more appropriate! I'm struggling to think of a famous person with the word "gash" in their name. Normally I'm pretty good with the puns, but right now I'm so depressed....

J-C
30-01-2011, 02:35 PM
I wonder if Bobby Gould who now works at Talksport fancies coming out of semi retirement, knows his stuff does the Gouldfather.

Brando7
30-01-2011, 02:35 PM

should have been that from the beginning

Marinello
30-01-2011, 02:43 PM
Paul Daniels.......

Manxhibs
30-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Colin Calderwood

Franck Stanton
30-01-2011, 02:54 PM
been saying it for ages. Well, since mixu left.

Anyone with anything against jimmy calderwood should look at his record in the spl and think about it. He knows the league inside out and would get results quickly. And unlike cc, he is a lot cleverly than he seems.

"cleverly" ?

eastmainsmsh
30-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Alex Miller for me as Director of football ...Overseeing things from Top to Bottom ....With CC and adams still in Charge

Elephant Stone
30-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Been saying it for ages. Well, since Mixu left.

Anyone with anything against Jimmy Calderwood should look at his record in the SPL and think about it. He knows the league inside out and would get results quickly. And unlike CC, he is a lot cleverly than he seems.

Did he tell you to say that? :wink:

hibsdaft
30-01-2011, 02:59 PM
If we appoint Jimmy Calderwood now, we won't go down. That simple. Can't stand the guy, but if we want to guarantee SPL football next year we need to appoint him ASAP.

We are heading straight for relegation without swift and firm action imo.

matty_f
30-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Colin Calderwood

:agree:

I don't know why, because we are not spring anything just now to suggest it, but I definitely think he will turn it around and be a very good manager at hibs.

Noticed on his radio interview he said ' short term there will be doubters, long term there won't be.' Kind of reflects what I think about him.

lucky
30-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Just said Jimmy Calderwood on another thread. The team need to be better organised. Every time you hear CC speak its very dull and not very inspiring.

Hiber-nation
30-01-2011, 03:04 PM

I don't know why, because we are not spring anything just now to suggest it, but I definitely think he will turn it around and be a very good manager at hibs.

Noticed on his radio interview he said ' short term there will be doubters, long term there won't be.' Kind of reflects what I think about him.

He'll get this mess sorted.

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2011, 03:09 PM

You're not the only one.

The problems we have just now, are still prior managers players. Simple as that.

Was very very impressed by Palsson and also Scott. Thornhill no doubt will impress too.

So if we can bring in good signings in a tough window, I think if we stay up he can re build the squad and take us forward.

I trust in him, but I do wish he'd stop playing Nish. And I hope he's got a CH lined up, otherwise it could prove fatal.

It's a shame the fans straight away turn and blame the manager.....

SteveHFC
30-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Jimmy Calderwood.

markom127
30-01-2011, 04:33 PM

i don't think CC has done a bad job per say, he's just been dealt an utterly unplayable hand. we don't need someone who can manipulate the situation into a favourable one, we need someone who will actually batter the players into competence. bugger the carrot. get the baseball bat and the blowtorch.
Andy Gray!!!!!!

Hibstrooper
30-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Colin Calderwood

:agree: I think given time CC will be a good manager for us

Removed
30-01-2011, 04:44 PM

And it kind of reflects what I'd expect anyone in his position to say. The only thing that will convince me is points.

Springbank
30-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Look where aberdeen were,and where they are now. Bet graeme buzz smith would not get one game(let alone 4 fFs) with brown and knox. CC lost this fan today. Clueless Choice.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-01-2011, 04:57 PM
I hate to say this but Strachan is probably the only choice I would make :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Weatherfield freshco's manager, the name escapes me?

Removed
30-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Weatherfield freshco's manager, the name escapes me?

Curly Watt's was the last one I remember

Gala Foxes
30-01-2011, 05:05 PM
reg holdsworth

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Curly Watt's was the last one I remember

I'd take Den Watts over this one.

Thief
30-01-2011, 05:18 PM
There were a fair number of posts on twitter last night, including a few from west coasts journalists, linking hibs with Ian McCall.
No idea of source or whether genuine. Apologies if already posted elsewhere.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-01-2011, 05:39 PM
There were a fair number of posts on twitter last night, including a few from west coasts journalists, linking hibs with Ian McCall.
No idea of source or whether genuine. Apologies if already posted elsewhere.

Why in Gods name would we want anything to do with that underachieving hun

Dearie me :rolleyes:

crash
30-01-2011, 06:03 PM

I know that Ian Mcparland would love to manage Hibs:cool2:

soupy
30-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Ian mccall, typical west coast journalists.

Sunny1875
30-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Richard Branson......managed Virgin well and we never score these days

Newhaven
30-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Terry Butcher
The other Calderwood

Pedantic_Hibee
30-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Colin Calderwood. Fact.

Gala Foxes
30-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Roy Race could if we can tempt him from Melchester Rovers

NOLA
30-01-2011, 07:08 PM
i have faith CC will turn things around, he's identified problem positions in the side and brought in some good players on 1st impressions, i think we will see the cb and striker we need come tomorrow,

nortonhibby
30-01-2011, 08:32 PM
i have faith CC will turn things around, he's identified problem positions in the side and brought in some good players on 1st impressions, i think we will see the cb and striker we need come tomorrow,

Is Bobby still with Uganda ? would he be worth bringing back ?:flag:

AgentDaleCooper
30-01-2011, 08:34 PM
IMO, this thread has shown that there really isn't a convincing alternative. HAVE FAITH.

HibbyAndy
30-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Alan Irvine when he gets the boot from Preston.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-01-2011, 08:53 PM
David Brent? might get a chuckle at least!

ScottB
30-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Why would Derek Adams alone be any better? Surely he has a fair amount of influence over things as is?

But let's be honest, we were mince under Hughes and we are still mince now, however, it would seem from the sounds of it our new players did fairly well today, so hopefully we add a few more before the window shuts tomorrow as it seems pretty clear to me that the fault for our current predicament lies squarely with the playing staff and I doubt that Sir Alex Ferguson himself could fix them as a collective group, they have no faith in themselves or each other.

It's time to cut our losses and replace as many of them as we can now.

alfieboi75
30-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Alan Irvine when he gets the boot from Preston.

He got booted to Sheff Wed....doing well (ish)

I'm sticking wiv Colin......:notworthy:

jdships
30-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Colin Calderwood

And why not ? :thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
30-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Colin Calderwood :flag::flag::flag:

HibbyAndy
30-01-2011, 09:43 PM
He got booted to Sheff Wed....doing well (ish)

I'm sticking wiv Colin......:notworthy:

Aye a kent that :greengrin

The Voice Of Reason
30-01-2011, 11:19 PM
We need Paul Daniels!

hibee81
31-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Bruce Rioch for me, very experienced and done well wherever he's been as far as i can recall. But i think we should stick by CC hes a tough task ahead but i think (sorry hope) things will come good.

Kaiser1962
31-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Dosent matter what is said. CC will not be getting sacked so we should get behind him.

Danderhall Hibs
31-01-2011, 07:27 AM
I wonder if Bobby Gould who now works at Talksport fancies coming out of semi retirement, knows his stuff does the Gouldfather.

You've obviously not listened to him on the radio then?!

Colin Calderwood

My choice as well.

--------
31-01-2011, 08:07 AM
It's not just about the manager.

The rot goes much deeper. Until we acknowledge that, we're going nowhere but down.

Kaiser1962
31-01-2011, 08:14 AM
It's not just about the manager.

The rot goes much deeper. Until we acknowledge that, we're going nowhere but down.

So if we dont go down it will be because we've acknowledge the "rot" and addressed it? Otherwise we will be relegated? Just to clarify.

Phil MaGlass
31-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Colin Calderwood

Speedway
31-01-2011, 12:39 PM
should have been that from the beginning

There's was a poster on here who mentioned that when he came home from work and his wife told him CC had been appointed, she delivered that news that 'Calderwood was the new Hibs manager' and thinking she meant Jimmy, he chibbed her in disgust.

You're not the only one.

The problems we have just now, are still prior managers players. Simple as that.

Was very very impressed by Palsson and also Scott. Thornhill no doubt will impress too.

So if we can bring in good signings in a tough window, I think if we stay up he can re build the squad and take us forward.

I trust in him, but I do wish he'd stop playing Nish. And I hope he's got a CH lined up, otherwise it could prove fatal.

It's a shame the fans straight away turn and blame the manager.....

Even despite his pedigree, there were some claiming he'd be the worst thing to come out of Iceland since Kerry Katona and that we needed experience.

'Experience' of course is the only thing the current side had going for them and look where that got us.