magnificent_seven
30-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Aye right.

His fault for all three goals.

Can't pass
Can't mark
No Pace
Second to every ball

One of the worst defenders I have seen at Hibs. He makes Colin Murdock look like Cannavaro. How people can defend him with all this "well he doesnt hide" nonsense is beyond me. How he ever played as many games in the Eredivisie and how he got 15 caps for Ghana, I'll never know.

Dreadful.

archiebald
30-01-2011, 03:21 PM
He did look bad at goals-but were was his partner in the middle at all 3 goals ?

BWhiteman1972
30-01-2011, 03:28 PM
He was shocking and absolutely to blame for all 3 goals!!

First goal - miles behind the play.
Second goal - Ripped for pace.
Third goal - Played 3 Dundee Utd players onside.

The best thing we could do is pay him for the rest of his contract along with Colin Nish and Liam Miller.

At least some of the new players looked (and it is only one game!!) like they might be useful. Maybe a sign that Calderwood isn't as bad as some think.

However at least one experienced centre back and striker are required to give us any chance.

Amit
30-01-2011, 03:28 PM
He did look bad at goals-but were was his partner in the middle at all 3 goals ?

Hanlon was marking his own player at each goal. Like a defender should.

Dickoh get tae f-oh!

Andy74
30-01-2011, 04:39 PM
I like Dickoh but he had a shocker today.

Pedantic_Hibee
30-01-2011, 04:41 PM
He's a big laddie that's for sure. But it's no exaggeration to say he's clearly not on first name terms with a football.

blackpoolhibs
30-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I like Dickoh but he had a shocker today.

:agree: I thought both central defenders were suspect today, but Dickoh was bloody awful.

Gala Foxes
30-01-2011, 05:09 PM
shockingly cuplable at both goals - worse then a man short

archiebald
30-01-2011, 05:15 PM
:agree: I thought both central defenders were suspect today, but Dickoh was bloody awful.
Correct,both of them were crap to soft

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-01-2011, 05:22 PM
Think centre h's are a bit like forwards in that they need to play as a matched pair to understand each other. Dickoh didn't have pace and then lose it the minute the game kicked off. Maybe his teamates need to ask why they left him in a one on one that he wouldn't win. First goal was text-book Dundee United that should have been worked on during training.

Arch Stanton
30-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Dickoh sure didn't look good today but in terms of intelligent analysis this thread really doesn't look up to much either.

For the first he was beaten by a forward showing pace and anticipation - that flick-on was definitely from the training ground and you can't actually fault Dickoh for not covering BOTH players, or can you?

For the second he was beaten by a pinpoint pass and much better pace. Being unable to stay with a fast forward isn't a lack of skill, or is it?

Or am I missing something?

Love the Green
30-01-2011, 06:21 PM
Hanlon was marking his own player at each goal. Like a defender should.

Dickoh get tae f-oh!

Actually Hanlon was sold a ridiculous dummy by his man for the first goal and fingers Smith cost the 3rd goal...get along to specsavers pronto..

"keep the faith"