darwenhibby
30-01-2011, 03:09 PM
The weakest link Good bye:bye:

Zazu62
30-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Get him tae **** he couldnt give a toss

James Connolly
30-01-2011, 03:14 PM
As long as Nish & Dickoh are in the same taxi!!!

NorthNorfolkHFC
Absolute murder. He has to leave and realise he is a lot worse than he thinks. What a disgrace of a footballer.

Toaods
Seems drawn into squabbling for the ball, has no conviction to a tackle or run forward. If he can't perform this midweek he should be ditched.

Reaper
Disagree mate. Dickoh caught out for all 3 goals today. Centre half and a striker badly needed.

IberianHibernian
30-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Apart from his terrible corners , thought he was one of our better players . We need a creative player like him in the team since new midfield players look more suited for industrial football .

Elephant Stone
30-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Center halves were the weakest link today.

CmoantheHibs
30-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Apart from his terrible corners , thought he was one of our better players . We need a creative player like him in the team since new midfield players look more suited for industrial football .

I thought he had a decent game also.Thought he was keen to get on the ball and tried to make things happen.It just never happened for him but it wasnt through lack of effort.Its maybe a good idea to get someone else to take the corners though.Spoony would be a better option at taking them imo.

Dunbar Hibee
30-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Honestly thought he played well today.

FitbaFolkKen
30-01-2011, 03:48 PM

I thought he was ok today, and he kept working until the end.

I think the state of the pitch might have had something to do with how bad the corners were.

eastmainsmsh
30-01-2011, 03:50 PM

Overrated found out in England and struggling in Scottish football ....Will end up at Shamrock Rovers or some team :taxi

Big Ed
30-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Despite being very frustrating at times, I thought he looked interested today - it's been a while since I have said that!

eastmainsmsh
30-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Disagree mate. Dickoh caught out for all 3 goals today. Centre half and a striker badly needed.

Still unsure about Dickoh :rolleyes:

We need a Leader at back who keeps defence Organised and can clear lines we dont have that ..... and need a striker who can create .. run at defences and also Score

duffers
30-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Thought he played well. One of the few players who trys to make things happen.

Andy74
30-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Miller was good today. Far better for him to have some tacklers around him.

StevieC
30-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Miller was good today.

Can't agree with that I'm afraid. He may well have looked hungrier for the ball but his passing, and choice of pass for that matter, was woeful. He gave possession away far too often and that resulted in pressure and scoring opportunities for United.

He shouldn't, barring injuries or suspensions to others, start another game.

ForeverHibs93
30-01-2011, 04:52 PM
I thought he was ok today, and he kept working until the end.

I think the state of the pitch might have had something to do with how bad the corners were.
I agree, I thought he was putting in a shift, and done ok.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Not impressed at all today. When he has someone to win the ball for him then he can be absolutely top quality but in the backs to the wall situation that we are in, it doesn't make sense to pick a player that can't/won't tackle.

Hibee Daz
30-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Not impressed at all today. When he has someone to win the ball for him then he can be absolutely top quality but in the backs to the wall situation that we are in, it doesn't make sense to pick a player that can't/won't tackle.

:agree:

He is one of the biggest bottle merchants, I have ever had the displeasure of watching in a Hibs jersey.

HibsMax
30-01-2011, 05:03 PM

According to the fans' ratings of the players, Hanlon, Dickoh and Nish should be in the same taxi as they were rated lower.

Gala Foxes
30-01-2011, 05:07 PM
not even half hearted, shirking tackles, not interested & no pride

jackhfc
30-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Thought he had a pretty decent game to be honest:agree:

Golden Bear
30-01-2011, 05:40 PM
He's a 45 minute player. I acknowledge he played well in the first half but as usual he faded badly after half time.

Just not good enough I'm afraid.

madabouthibs
30-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Can't agree with that I'm afraid. He may well have looked hungrier for the ball but his passing, and choice of pass for that matter, was woeful. He gave possession away far too often and that resulted in pressure and scoring opportunities for United.

He shouldn't, barring injuries or suspensions to others, start another game.

This is a nice version of what I thought of his performance today.

Baldy Foghorn
30-01-2011, 05:48 PM
not even half hearted, shirking tackles, not interested & no pride

[/B]

He is one of the biggest bottle merchants, I have ever had the displeasure of watching in a Hibs jersey.

Agree with both comments, the man is a Charlatan, never looks to win tackles and is a big fairy...... Sick and tired of watching him hide behind other players as opposed to making space for himself......Clean shorts at end of game, must have used Daz at half time?

Gala Foxes
30-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Agree with both comments, the man is a Charlatan, never looks to win tackles and is a big fairy...... Sick and tired of watching him hide behind other players as opposed to making space for himself......Clean shorts at end of game, must have used Daz at half time?

don't dis The Charlatan's - consistently good live band unlike the consistently hiding and half-hearted Liam "wage stealer" Miller

Toaods
30-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Having watched midfielders like Alex Edwards, Ally MacLeod, Frank Sauzee, Rusell Latapy, Scott Brown to suggest that Liam Miller was good today merely shows teh unaccepatable level our tolerance of performance has dropped to.

Does he know we're in deep ****? ....he looked like he thought it was a cushy wee day at training, the perfect example being a stupid gently floated inswinger from the outside of his boot when a low power drive was the order of the day from the dangerous position he was in.

sam armstrong
30-01-2011, 06:46 PM

Miller has played many games for us and I am struggling to remember too many times he has created anything for us. He can't run, can't win any midfield battle, rarely scores or looks like scoring and is just generally a very weak midfield player and for what it's worth I do think he tries hard.

Nakedmanoncrack
30-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Having watched midfielders like Alex Edwards, Ally MacLeod, Frank Sauzee, Rusell Latapy, Scott Brown to suggest that Liam Miller was good today merely shows teh unaccepatable level our tolerance of performance has dropped to.

Does he know we're in deep ****? ....he looked like he thought it was a cushy wee day at training, the perfect example being a stupid gently floated inswinger from the outside of his boot when a low power drive was the order of the day from the dangerous position he was in.

Liam Miller = Total imposter.

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2011, 08:00 PM

:agree: Totally agree. Want to like him as he has obvious ability, but he is a complete pussy! Cant bring himself to battle, or go for a 50/50. Much better in his own head than in reality.

Midfield will be Galbraith - Thornhill - Scott - Palsson - Wotherspoon, with hopefully a new man up front

snooky
30-01-2011, 09:24 PM
:agree: Totally agree. Want to like him as he has obvious ability, but he is a complete pussy! Cant bring himself to battle, or go for a 50/50. Much better in his own head than in reality.

Midfield will be Galbraith - Thornhill - Scott - Palsson - Wotherspoon, with hopefully a new man up front

IMO, Liam Miller is like the Fairy Castle at Disneyland.
Impressive from the outside but there's nothing inside.

Caroline Hibby
30-01-2011, 10:18 PM
At last I feel totally vindicated. Have been posting about Miller for months, going back to pre Calderwood. He is one of main reasons for our demise. A deluded self centred pretender. No bottle, pace or ounce of 'team player' about him. Just disappointed Calderwood still gives him the time of day. With the new guys in I hope we've seen the last of him, McBride, De Graff, Rankin who have consistently brought nothing to the table.

Captain Trips
31-01-2011, 01:07 AM
This guy is a joke, Nishy has been p1sh no doubt but this guy deserves as much if not more stick. Flattered to decieve week in week out. There is an honesty about some players poor play, cant put finger on this guy though.

truehibernian
31-01-2011, 08:30 AM
Like others I have been really critical of Liam Miller this last wee while, but yesterday, despite his usual couple of "oh dinnae hurt me" moments, I thought he had one of his better games, especially first half, when he was allowed to do what he is reasonably good at and play more attack minded.

Should have taken on the shot in the first 5 minutes when we exposed their left back, but that was confidence. Then he should have worked the keeper or at least hit target when he had done well to create the chance inside the box just after. I think it helped having Scott's energy and Palsson's ball winning to be honest.

Looking back, had Hibs taken the lead from the three chances they had (or even if DW had not shot directly at keeper when doing really well to drive into the box at 2-0), we could have seen a very different outcome. I think it's the best attacking football we have played away from home in a while and yet again we had lots of possession.

The failings were not being able to hold the ball up (Nish), silly fouls conceded all over the park, and the back pairing of Hanlon and Dickoh not communicating with each other when we were at the other end of the park and playing a high line.

St Mirren is crucial, but I am very very confident of not only 3 points, but a good game and performance. The new boys and Callum Booth all looked comfy on the ball and all looked hungry and commited.

7Hero
31-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Looking back, had Hibs taken the lead from the three chances they had (or even if DW had not shot directly at keeper when doing really well to drive into the box at 2-0), we could have seen a very different outcome. I think it's the best attacking football we have played away from home in a while and yet again we had lots of possession.

have to agree we looked far better with the ball than have done for a long time. The 2 new midfielders looked good considering firts game together, gavemore than the established midfield has been givbing all season.

miller i feel can be a big player for us, just a pity he has been so bad so much of the time. would love to think part of that is because he was surrounded by numpties as there were glimmers of hope yesterday that miller can play as he did at parkhead last season when he ran the show. I would keep him and get rid of the rest, to lose such a skillful player who potentially could get back into form would be folly..

one day maybe...
31-01-2011, 09:42 AM
As I have stated before I think Miller has to get a free role in the way Latapy did for Hibs for him to be affective. With Scott and Palsson in the team he may just get that and hopefully we may see him play higher up the park, where his ball retaining ability is the best that Hibs have at the moment. he can bring other players into the game. Personally I would have him playing in a five man midfield with too quick wide players and two workmanlike centre mids. only my opinion though.

Captain Trips
31-01-2011, 10:00 AM
It is well and good thinking he might do well in future if others arrive or his role is changed, we cannot know what would happen this thread is on what has occured and it is well below what is needed in the role. I dont blame the manager for signing him was well worth a shot based on memory, sadly he himself has failed to deliver.

Joe Baker II
31-01-2011, 11:04 AM
It is well and good thinking he might do well in future if others arrive or his role is changed, we cannot know what would happen this thread is on what has occured and it is well below what is needed in the role. I dont blame the manager for signing him was well worth a shot based on memory, sadly he himself has failed to deliver.

Was in with United fans yesterday - he was being described as an "animal" despite hardly winning a challenge the whole game!

Taz_hibee
31-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Was in with United fans yesterday - he was being described as an "animal" despite hardly winning a challenge the whole game!

Watching the the game my dad thought the same, he does seem to have digs at players whenever he loses the ball.
Fed up hearing what a great player he could be and its every other players fault he has not performed, he has had his chance just like Rankin, McBride and the others & should be emptied with them IMO

crewetollhibee
31-01-2011, 04:12 PM
As I have stated before I think Miller has to get a free role in the way Latapy did for Hibs for him to be affective. With Scott and Palsson in the team he may just get that and hopefully we may see him play higher up the park, where his ball retaining ability is the best that Hibs have at the moment. he can bring other players into the game. Personally I would have him playing in a five man midfield with too quick wide players and two workmanlike centre mids. only my opinion though.
Mine too, thought that for some time FWIW.

aberhibsfc
31-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Mine too, thought that for some time FWIW.