View Full Version : Taxi for Dickoh

Amit
30-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Dickoh responsible for all the goals...

GTF

Never rated him.

sesoim
30-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Yip, the CBs have been shocking and here we are at the end of the window persisting with Dickoh and Hanlon. Two CBs and a target man should have been our top priorities.

Wotherspiniesta
30-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Hanlon needs an experienced CB beside him to help him along. He's finally starting to get a run of games at Centre Back and I have a lot more time and patience for him to grow and hold down a place in that position.

Dickoh however has played there his entire career and looks utterly clueless. Couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery and can't read the game at all.

Amit
30-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Yip, the CBs have been shocking and here we are at the end of the window persisting with Dickoh and Hanlon. Two CBs and a target man should have been our top priorities.

Goal 1 - Never picked up Daly's run
Goal 2 - Outpaced, out muscled by Conway. Didn't even put him off for his shot.
Goal 3 - 3 defenders playing for offside. He plays 3 utd players on.
:taxi

Twiglet
30-01-2011, 03:24 PM
Never saw todays match, but I've said for weeks now (not on here though) ickoh and Hanlon don't look comfortable together at CB. I don't know what it is exactly, but it's like they play alongside each other, not along with each other.

AlbertK86
30-01-2011, 03:25 PM
No awareness whatsoever just stood and watched 1st and 3rd goals and totally outstripped for 2nd.

Hanlon doing well but needs a big strong leader beside him.

ROD GET THE PURSE STRINGS LOOSENED AND GET WEBSTER IN FROM THE HUNS.

ALSO ROONEY AND SAMMON UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO DOWN

Beefster
30-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Blaming Dickoh for all the goals just absolves Hanlon from his part in all of them. Hanlon is no better than Dickoh.

sesoim
30-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Blaming Dickoh for all the goals just absolves Hanlon from his part in all of them. Hanlon is no better than Dickoh.

Hanlon has been at fault regularly this season, but I think we let it go to an extent because he is young. To me, though, we should have signed two decent CBs when Jones left (Bamba was better in midfield), and we still havn't solved that problem 18 months on.

AJWisme
30-01-2011, 03:35 PM
But that is because the main issue was the EXPERIENCED centre half who should be leading.

FitbaFolkKen
30-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Hanlon needs a talker next to him to guide him through, I read somewhere about Jonny Evans saying he still gets talked through matches by Rio.

If that level of player still needs help then our inexperienced CB is going to need all the help he can get. I would think Murray would be a better partner for him than Dickoh, but ideally signing a CB would be better

Beefster
30-01-2011, 03:42 PM
But that is because the main issue was the EXPERIENCED centre half who should be leading.

But younger centre halfs, with the captain's armband, should be defending.

Cabbage1875
30-01-2011, 03:43 PM

Absolutely spot on.

Dickoh is absolutely shocking right enough but it is my view that Paul Hanlon will never be a centre half. He is not strong enough for starters and is not nearly aggressive enough.

Spike Mandela
30-01-2011, 03:44 PM

According to CC we sold Bamba because he had every confidence in Hanlon rising to the challenge.

He has brought in players in midfield whilst weakening our defensive options so Hanlon has to prove he's got what it takes to marshall a defence. He has a long way to go on today's evidence.

number9dream
30-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Let's hope there's a 30-something experienced German or Swedish centre-half out there who's not getting a game at his club, has a good command of English and fancies a new challenge for a few months...

snooky
30-01-2011, 09:42 PM
"Taxi for Dickoh"

Fair swap.:agree:

SMAXXA
30-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Hanlon has been at fault regularly this season, but I think we let it go to an extent because he is young. To me, though, we should have signed two decent CBs when Jones left (Bamba was better in midfield), and we still havn't solved that problem 18 months on.

The 2 goals against the yams last season the stokes penalty game springs to mind! Ive said for long enough Hanlon isnt good enough he may be at u21 leve; against guys his own age or hight but come into the SPL and he has been culpable for many a goal we have lost. IMO Hanlon, Galbrait Wotherspoon are all massivly overrated, can anyone seriously count on 1 hand throughout a season hom many right good games they have had????

MontrealHibs
30-01-2011, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't swap a taxi for him!

nortonhibby
30-01-2011, 10:14 PM
:taxi
Dickoh responsible for all the goals...

GTF

Never rated him.

Bad Martini
30-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Didn't pick up for the first, also to blame for the second due to lack of pace an inability to put in a tackle. The 3rd is irrelevant by that point we were sunk.

Get him tae ****. He's not good enough. Hasn't been for a long enough time and never a decent defender he will be.

ENDOF

joebakerforever
30-01-2011, 10:33 PM
OK it was messrs Hughes & Preston who were the "experts" on the radio, who have had questionable managerial careers.

But they made the point several times that the zonal marking that Hibs persist with is risky, given the overall physical stature of our defence.

It makes you wonder what goes on at East Mains as there is little evidence of defensive planning on match days.

Amit
31-01-2011, 12:35 AM
Just watched the highlights as I didn't bother watching them after the game on Sunday...

Dickoh needs to get punted asap...

Anyone who can watch those highlights and defend him needs their heads checked...

Saorsa
31-01-2011, 12:37 AM
nuff said :agree:

confused
31-01-2011, 05:37 AM
One of the poorest centre backs i've seen ,no pace ,no positional sense, no dig , no ability , = no use .

Jim44
31-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Taxi for Dickoh

Remember you can fit five into a taxi.............

Expecting Rain
31-01-2011, 09:51 AM
Dickoh is playing in an inexperienced back four, i think the lad could be a good player for Hibs, Hanlon and Booth will definitely go onto better things, what we need is a decent keeper who commands the 6 yard box, these guys need a run of games together to establish an understanding, what they don`t need is over the top criticism.
Conway would leave most players standing, the third goal was offside, Dundee United are further up the road than us in their progression, we were bedding in new players, i thought the new guys did well considering and that Booth looks a star in the making, it was our inability to take our chances that made the game more difficult, we need a break, we need confidence and we need a striker in before the deadline, we will not get relegated.

Beefster
31-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Just watched the highlights as I didn't bother watching them after the game on Sunday...

Dickoh needs to get punted asap...

Anyone who can watch those highlights and defend him needs their heads checked...

You can't defend either of the CHs yesterday. Both were involved (and not in a good way) in all the goals and they were both variously involved in the chances that United missed by missing headers, losing their men etc etc.

blackpoolhibs
31-01-2011, 10:33 AM
You can't defend either of the CHs yesterday. Both were involved (and not in a good way) in all the goals and they were both variously involved in the chances that United missed by missing headers, losing their men etc etc.

:agree: Both were poor yesterday, Dickoh more so.

KWJ
31-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Think everyone's being a bit harsh on Hanlon who I reckon will become a decent centre half for us.

Perspective
31-01-2011, 04:32 PM
To be fair to him he is very vocal. At Ayr Utd in particular you could hear him shouting constantly, trying to organise those around him.

Think that's why he's in at the moment, to try and take charge of a young defence.

Sadly the leather-the-ball anywhere approach and a complete lack of speed are showing him up.

Though he wasn't perfect, we do miss Bamba's athleticism. Had hoped his money would be put to use for another centre-back.

snooky
01-02-2011, 12:38 AM
One of the poorest centre backs i've seen ,no pace ,no positional sense, no dig , no ability , = no use .

The 3 goals on Sunday endorse your observations, my man. :agree:

Dunkin' Donut
01-02-2011, 01:02 AM
think dickoh would be doing better if he had a regular partner at centre back. just as you think its hanlon he is made captain and that takes his mind off primary roles. the centre back partnership is arguably the most important in the team and our constant chopping and changing in this position maybe explains one of the many problems we have in our team

SmokieJoe
01-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Lets see what gets brought in with the free transfer tide that is about to wash up on our club.

Hanlon should NOT be made captain and should have nothing but defending on his young mind.

the next most experienced player at the club? Ian Murray, back to his holding role and Palsson to CH with hanlon, young pairing, but i have every faith in them

Expecting Rain
01-02-2011, 10:09 AM
think dickoh would be doing better if he had a regular partner at centre back. just as you think its hanlon he is made captain and that takes his mind off primary roles. the centre back partnership is arguably the most important in the team and our constant chopping and changing in this position maybe explains one of the many problems we have in our team

I think centre back partnerships take a bit time to gel, i hope Hanlon and Dickoh get that time, we also have two young full backs and a new keeper that come into the equation, i agree now we need consistency in selection.