PDA

View Full Version : Give him three more games. . .

Bob Box Fish
30-01-2011, 03:06 PM
The man is broken, he dosen't have a clue and the players cannot even do the basics. Every week he makes multiple changes which never improve the team in any way, shape or form. We are a laughing stock.

Just pick a team and stick with it and try and at least iron out some of the simple school boy errors. My 6 a side team were bottom dwellers, we decided to stop changing players every week and work on making a basic team better and it worked we are now challenging for promotion.

Give him three more games as he has brought in some new players to see if he can get a win if he cant then get someone else in until the end of the season.

Don't care if we look bad sacking managers all I care about is staying up. This man has shown nothing to suggest he has any idea of how to improve our current situation at all.

Save us while you still can!

HibbyAndy
30-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Wotherspoon upfront alone should see him sacked.

Dan Sarf
30-01-2011, 03:12 PM
The man is broken, he dosen't have a clue and the players cannot even do the basics. Every week he makes multiple changes which never improve the team in any way, shape or form. We are a laughing stock.

Just pick a team and stick with it and try and at least iron out some of the simple school boy errors. My 6 a side team were bottom dwellers, we decided to stop changing players every week and work on making a basic team better and it worked we are now challenging for promotion.

Give him three more games as he has brought in some new players to see if he can get a win if he cant then get someone else in until the end of the season.

Don't care if we look bad sacking managers all I care about is staying up. This man has shown nothing to suggest he has any idea of how to improve our current situation at all.

Save us while you still can!

Are you available for the job? :greengrin (joking through the tears)

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 03:12 PM
IMHO if the unthinkable happens - A home defeat to St Mirren and no goals scored AGAIN

He should Walk no need to consider sacking him he simply has to WALK

So one game to save his job.

Reaper
30-01-2011, 03:13 PM
IMHO if the unthinkable happens - A home defeat to St Mirren and no goals scored AGAIN

He should Walk no need to consider sacking him he simply has to WALK

So one game to save his job.

I'd expect him to be sacked to be honest but I hope it all works out for him.

banchoryhibs
30-01-2011, 03:15 PM
He's surely only got another week. If he has not signed a forward by Monday evening and if we get beaten on Wednesday his position must be impossible.

I can't remember the last time that this club was in such a dismal state and I've seen some very bad Hibs teams over the years. :brickwall

Bob Box Fish
30-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Are you available for the job? :greengrin (joking through the tears)

I'm not the best player in the world, in fact i'm about as fast as a fortnight at Uncle Graham Rix's pad but I would try my balls off if I was playing and I would be screaming the dressing room down till I got a reaction from the players.

matty_f
30-01-2011, 03:18 PM
first game for the new players, riordan unavailable, I think he needs a bit of slack here.
we have a massive feb coming up. The games in that month should decide his fate, imho.

Newhaven
30-01-2011, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't give him 3 more minutes

Beefster
30-01-2011, 03:21 PM
first game for the new players, riordan unavailable, I think he needs a bit of slack here.
we have a massive feb coming up. The games in that month should decide his fate, imho.

If the Board panic and sack a manager, based on the ***** he was left by Hughes, before he's had a chance to rebuild the squad, I'll give up my ST and won't be back for a few seasons at least.

Rodders and co should have known when CC was appointed that it was a 2 year job, irrespective of whether we were relegated this season or not.

pacorosssco
30-01-2011, 03:22 PM

think he should go but i agree. should only get next two games though.

now or never

EasterRoad4Ever
Wotherspoon upfront alone should see him sacked.

:agree: The guy is clueless. He's shuffling people around without the slightest idea of what he'll get.

Jim44

Unfortunately our fate might also be sealed by the end of February. It's a huge, controversial and debatable question but I think he has to go. Waiting another month is a luxury we can't afford.

IberianHibernian
30-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Another terrible result but team seemed to be fighting till the end . Don`t think a managerial change would help at all now . If we go down he`ll have to go but I still think that won`t happen .

Bob Box Fish
30-01-2011, 03:27 PM
If the Board panic and sack a manager, based on the ***** he was left by Hughes, before he's had a chance to rebuild the squad, I'll give up my ST and won't be back for a few seasons at least.

Rodders and co should have known when CC was appointed that it was a 2 year job, irrespective of whether we were relegated this season or not.

I understand where you are coming from but relegation could destroy us - look at what happened to Sheff Wed, Leeds etc.

We would probably lose in the range 3-4 million going down which would grow if we were not winning like the last time we went down.

Crowds of 4-5k give me nightmares.

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Unfortunately our fate might also be sealed by the end of February. It's a huge, controversial and debatable question but I think he has to go. Waiting another month is a luxury we can't afford.

I'm afraid our fate is sealed - whatever it is. Changing manager now will not make a difference. I think Calderwood is completely shell shocked at what he has walked into.

Bottom line is, games with Hamilton and St Mirren will be the key to our survival. I honestly can't see us getting anything out of them though.

Sylar
30-01-2011, 03:29 PM
What an utterly cringeworthy interview.

Brando7
30-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Next 2 games at home is all i would give him

Toaods
30-01-2011, 03:34 PM
He looked, hesitant and out of ideas but to be perfectly honest, I think every interview he has given has been the same.....it's just his manner.

woodyloon
30-01-2011, 03:36 PM
The fact he has seen out the transfer window, then I think he will see out the season.

I'm think it's to late to try and change managers now.

BroxburnHibee
30-01-2011, 03:36 PM
I can't stand the thought of us sacking another manager but I have yet to see a single thing that shows me this guy knows what hes doing

What's the definition of insanity?

SneakersO'Toole
30-01-2011, 03:41 PM

Agree. We made that mistake in '98 and look what happened.

I would rather we bit the bullet, sacked him and at least tried to make an effort to stay in this league by getting someone new in until the end of the season. Just now we are rapidly falling into oblivion without a fight. Its utterly embarrassing and truly heart-breaking.

snooky
30-01-2011, 04:15 PM

:agree: Quite a few new faces so not expecting miracles today however, some of the obvious "weakest links" remain.
First of, we need to get a settled team so that everyone knows what their roles are and where everybody else is around them. IMO CC's biggest mistake has been the constant chopping and changing. It certainly hasn't helped our situation.

BTW, I remember when we signed Dickoh, a Dutch journalist descibed him as the worst player in the league. Do you not think we should sign up the journalist as our European scout? Emm, like pronto!

nortonhibby
30-01-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm afraid our fate is sealed - whatever it is. Changing manager now will not make a difference. I think Calderwood is completely shell shocked at what he has walked into.

Bottom line is, games with Hamilton and St Mirren will be the key to our survival. I honestly can't see us getting anything out of them though.

I Agree with you these games being key to our survival however i feel we can hold these teams and a draw in the games against them at the very least is paramount.

If we loose these vital games and get stranded at the bottom i just cant see CC Saving us our form and results are getting worse week by week.

There is no passion or motivation CC Simply stands there with a glum face blowing out his cheeks

I Did expect us to get beat today but even our goal difference which could be vital come the end off the season is starting to frighten me only Hamilton have a worse goal difference now.

DH1875
30-01-2011, 04:58 PM
We can't afford to get rid now. If we were going to do it, it should have been weeks ago. His refusal to play Brown and Deeks shows you all you need to know about his skills as a manager. Have you seen us at set plays? You'd have thought he'd have had long enough to organise them into some sort of unit. As for his touchline manner, what ducking manner. Watching him reminds me of that twat McLaren when he was the England manager. I want fight and spirit from the team and watching the manager doesn't fill me with any.

Beefster
30-01-2011, 05:11 PM
We can't afford to get rid now. If we were going to do it, it should have been weeks ago. His refusal to play Brown and Deeks shows you all you need to know about his skills as a manager. Have you seen us at set plays? You'd have thought he'd have had long enough to organise them into some sort of unit. As for his touchline manner, what ducking manner. Watching him reminds me of that twat McLaren when he was the England manager. I want fight and spirit from the team and watching the manager doesn't fill me with any.

Why is he 'refusing' to play Brown and Riordan? Any ideas?

Hiber-nation
30-01-2011, 05:19 PM

:agree:

A blind man could see that the problems we caused ourselves today were due to the garbage left behind by Yogi.

Golden Bear
30-01-2011, 05:28 PM
Utter nonsense.

The problems have been on the park and it's the type of problem that only a total clean out will solve.

We got gubbed today but for the first time in ages I can see a wee bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

We now have 2 good full backs and a midfield which looks to be a vast improvement on what we previously had.

Let's hope CC can bring in a striker and an experienced central defender and I really do think we'll survive which is all we can hope for this season.

As Pat Neven said on the box, it's time the limelight was taken away from the Manager and the spotlight concentrated on the players and "upstairs".

Hibstrooper
30-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Utter nonsense.

The problems have been on the park and it's the type of problem that only a total clean out will solve.

We got gubbed today but for the first time in ages I can see a wee bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

We now have 2 good full backs and a midfield which looks to be a vast improvement on what we previously had.

Let's hope CC can bring in a striker and an experienced central defender and I really do think we'll survive which is all we can hope for this season.

As Pat Neven said on the box, it's time the limelight was taken away from the Manager and the spotlight concentrated on the players and "upstairs".

:agree: :top marks

Toaods
30-01-2011, 05:37 PM

I can only gues he is targetting survival by doing the business starting Wednesday...Deek getting a bit of time off to shake of his wee strain he seemed to be struggling along with.

1st goal of 2011, 1st win of 2011....scripts written for Deek....:cool2:

Scorrie
30-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Utter nonsense.

Well said. :agree:

borstalboy
30-01-2011, 05:45 PM
These threads about the manager are tiresome....

He can set out his team, he can work on set-pieces etc at training, however, the one thing he can't do is make the players do their jobs. That is soley down to the players themselves. Today it was a total lack of concentration on the part of Dickoh for the 1st and 2nd goals and possibly him again/hanlon for the third...........school boy defending.

The problem he has is that there are no other centre halfs at the club that will do any better......he really needs an experienced player in there, whether he has identified one or not is a different question and whether we can afford what we're looking for is another question all together as well.

Leithenhibby
30-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Utter nonsense.

As Pat Neven said on the box, it's time the limelight was taken away from the Manager and the spotlight concentrated on the players and "upstairs".[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Toaods;2717366]I can only gues he is targetting survival by doing the business starting Wednesday...Deek getting a bit of time off to shake of his wee strain he seemed to be struggling along with.

1st goal of 2011, 1st win of 2011....scripts written for Deek....:cool2:

:top marks

I'm starting to worry ever so slightly!! :cool2: Still think that CC can pull this out the hat :wink:

Sunny1875
30-01-2011, 06:51 PM

One of them hid an injury and played, and one of them could be part of the problem and is hiding ?

Judas Iscariot
30-01-2011, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't give him 3 more seconds

Better..