PDA

View Full Version : from where does the problem stem?

AgentDaleCooper
30-01-2011, 03:04 PM
...and how can we fix it?

EDIT: forgot to add a ;) to option 8...

i personally think it's the board that are the root of the problem - they've allowed us to list into a false sense of grandeur without ensuring that the team on the park was being bolstered enough to make progress. i honestly think the club needs a radically different approach from an executive level - a board that ONLY wants results. hell, i'd take some mad russian millionaire if it meant escaping this purgatory.

fatbloke
30-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Read the article re RP in today's Sunday Mail - don't think it's too far off the mark.

Sir David Gray
30-01-2011, 03:39 PM
All of the above.

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Read the article re RP in today's Sunday Mail - don't think it's too far off the mark.

I'd take it more seriously if Waddell hadn't written articles in the past praising Petrie and the Hibs business model.

HibsMax
30-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I went for board through to the players because I think there is enough blame to go around. I don't think there necessarily has to be ONE scapegoat.

The board could release some more funds (assuming they haven't).
The manager has to accept some of the blame too even though he hasn't been here that long.
The players could perform better.

But overall the whole team has a problem.

pacorosssco
30-01-2011, 03:45 PM

do you have a link?

AgentDaleCooper
30-01-2011, 03:58 PM
I'd take it more seriously if Waddell hadn't written articles in the past praising Petrie and the Hibs business model.

to be fair, most of us have probably praised his business model at some point - it's not without its merits. it just seems like now is really not the time for prioritising our monetary policy.

holyrood hibbie
30-01-2011, 04:11 PM
The board, £1.6 million for O'Connor, Derek Riordan £150,000, £2 million for Thomson, Sproule £500,000,Whitikerr £2 million, Murphy £1.5 million, Shiels £50,000, Fletcher £4.2 million, Jones £600,000 roughly, Stokes £1.2 million. Those players brought us £13.8 million in investment (only 2 cost us any money to buy). I agree that the training ground was neccessary but the new stand wasn't. Instead of improving the look of the stadia why did we not improve the quality of player on the pitch. We know John collins left cause he couldn't get the cash for players. The board is holding the money back when we really need it the most. Sack The Board.

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 04:15 PM
to be fair, most of us have probably praised his business model at some point - it's not without its merits. it just seems like now is really not the time for prioritising our monetary policy.

I agree. :agree:

loanheadhibby
30-01-2011, 04:34 PM
The board, £1.6 million for O'Connor, Derek Riordan £150,000, £2 million for Thomson, Sproule £500,000,Whitikerr £2 million, Murphy £1.5 million, Shiels £50,000, Fletcher £4.2 million, Jones £600,000 roughly, Stokes £1.2 million. Those players brought us £13.8 million in investment (only 2 cost us any money to buy). I agree that the training ground was neccessary but the new stand wasn't. Instead of improving the look of the stadia why did we not improve the quality of player on the pitch. We know John collins left cause he couldn't get the cash for players. The board is holding the money back when we really need it the most. Sack The Board.

100% correct. you reap what you sow. constantly selling the family silver and replacing it with cheap imitations.

Sack the board.

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 04:46 PM
100% correct. you reap what you sow. constantly selling the family silver and replacing it with cheap imitations.

Sack the board.

Silver holds its value, players lost value as their contract runs out. Other clubs have seen their prize assets walk and got nothing back. Praise where it's due for getting the best price.

Who would you replace the board with? Do you know some names of people who are ready to buy out the other owners and invest money year in year out. The only guy who seems to be capable of bankrolling a club is Mr Romanov (I believe that's what the forelock tugging Yams call him).

Even he is a bit suspect though as he hasn't really achieved that much more than us over the years he has been here. Most significantly, he hasn't challenged the OF at all.

So I am at a bit of a loss to identify anyone that could do a better job than the current board. I wish there was someone as things are far from perfect, but I think it would be foolish to sack one board without having a replacement in place.

Fergus52
30-01-2011, 05:47 PM
where was the option for "the fans."?

1950's hibbie
30-01-2011, 05:57 PM
I went for the board through to players. When I say Board I really mean Petrie, I have had a strong feeling that the team morale, discipline and togethernes have not been the same since the famous meeting players and Petrie, and departure of Collins. The opinion is one thing the answer is another. I some times think the managers since Collins have suffered as a result of Petries bad decision to meet the players. It would take a management genius let alone one who has to also know about football to correct this mess. As far as Petrie, he has had his day, he done well, but like all things good or otherwise they have a shelf life and he has reached his.

greenginger
30-01-2011, 06:15 PM
It is too late to save this season but for the future we need full time Chief Scout/player spotter, call him what you like, to identify suitable players for the team.

The farce of Yogi getting his old pals from Falkirk and Collins and Mixu bringing in substandard cast-offs on Agents recommendations has to end.

One less bean-counter in the office and somebody who can spot and evaluate a professional footballer is a dire necessity.

Baader
30-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Right through from to bottom but what irks me most is the continuing strategy of selling any diamonds we have (more often for a good price in fairness) then thinking we can replace them with lumps of coal that will turn into diamonds.

You might unearth the occassional one but not a whole teams worth. This applies to managerial appointments as well as players.

HibsMax
30-01-2011, 07:26 PM
It is too late to save this season but for the future we need full time Chief Scout/player spotter, call him what you like, to identify suitable players for the team.
Maybe but from what I have read on here it sounds like Calderwood's signings are looking part.