PDA

View Full Version : Trying Hard to be Positive but..........................

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Bamba out £250,000 in
Zemmama out £200,000 in

Both players on decent wages

Towell Loan not on big money
Thornhill cost Nil not on big mone
Palsson cost Nil On decent money (as pool paid £300,000 for him)
Scott Cost £100,000 average pay.

It appears to me Hibs have made a profit from this Window so far and probably not increased the wage bill.

Is this Backing the manager ? I would say No
There may be more signings in and imho there Must be.

Lets hope we can get a few goals and 3 points today hard to be positive though

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2011, 12:31 PM
:panic:

Franck is God
30-01-2011, 12:36 PM
maybe its just me but nothing in your post suggests that you're trying very hard to be positive.

We have convinced Towell to join us from the team at the top of the league in order to get some first team football. Two well rated players to leave Nottingham Forest & Liverpool respectively and Martin Scott who won the MOM at ER last season as well as scored in Scottish Cup semi.

We also managed to get good money for two players that would be leaving in less than six months. One of whom was considered by many as a bomb scare(not me by the way) and the other who has been branded a wage thief (again not by me personally).

In fact if we end up signing Rooney in the next 36 hours I'd consider it probably our best ever January window!

Gatecrasher
30-01-2011, 12:37 PM
its not ALL about money

matty_f
30-01-2011, 12:38 PM
Surely all that's important is that the manager had been able to bring i' the players he wants. If we made a profit doing it, isn't that a good thing?

Pedantic_Hibee
30-01-2011, 12:39 PM
CC's gonna get it right. I've never been more sure.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 12:46 PM
maybe its just me but nothing in your post suggests that you're trying very hard to be positive.

We have convinced Towell to join us from the team at the top of the league in order to get some first team football. Two well rated players to leave Nottingham Forest & Liverpool respectively and Martin Scott who won the MOM at ER last season as well as scored in Scottish Cup semi.

We also managed to get good money for two players that would be leaving in less than six months. One of whom was considered by many as a bomb scare(not me by the way) and the other who has been branded a wage thief (again not by me personally).

In fact if we end up signing Rooney in the next 36 hours I'd consider it probably our best ever January window!

To be fair Towell was miles away from getting a game at Darkheid
Thornhill was never in Forest plans and was loaned out.
Scott was playing at a lower level if he had turned us down !!!!!

If we get Rooney I will be more positive cant see it happening

Another poster says it is not all about money Tell that to the board :confused:

HibsMax
30-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Bamba out £250,000 in
Zemmama out £200,000 in

It appears to me Hibs have made a profit from this Window so far and probably not increased the wage bill.

Colin has brought in a few signings. I would say this is backing the manager. Maybe he's happy with that? If the exact players that Colin wants are not available then I would rather Hibs hold onto their money and buy when the rights players ARE available. No panic buys please.

Dirkster23
30-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Bamba out £250,000 in
Zemmama out £200,000 in

So far we've brought in four players. A right back that we badly needed and 3 midfielders that should bring energy and a bit of bite to the middle of the park.

We could really do with another striker, but the windows not closed yet.

Hard to see how the managers not being backed :confused:

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Colin has brought in a few signings. I would say this is backing the manager. Maybe he's happy with that? If the exact players that Colin wants are not available then I would rather Hibs hold onto their money and buy when the rights players ARE available. No panic buys please.

I agree but 2 only points off bottom, Hamilton have a game in hand they have picked up points recently and are scoring goals. When do we panic :cool2:

Craig_in_Prague
30-01-2011, 12:54 PM
So far we've brought in four players. A right back that we badly needed and 3 midfielders that should bring energy and a bit of bite to the middle of the park.

Folk just love a dig at the board.

CmoantheHibs
30-01-2011, 12:55 PM
I also get the impression that you arent trying very hard to be positive.Its all opinions but mine is that our squad will prove to be more balanced after the transactions in this window.
How do you know how much wages players are/were on anyway or is it just what you imagine they are?

Dirkster23
I agree but 2 only points off bottom, Hamilton have a game in hand they have picked up points recently and are scoring goals. When do we panic :cool2:

You've obviously started now, i'll wait until the window closes and we know what the squad actually looks like :wink:

Sammy7nil

Read my post again these signings have come with a night gain to Hibs. I hope all the players do well and Towell looked okay but None are proven performers at this level. If we get Rooney as I say that may put a different spin on things.

Franck is God
30-01-2011, 12:58 PM
To be fair Towell was miles away from getting a game at Darkheid
Thornhill was never in Forest plans and was loaned out.
Scott was playing at a lower level if he had turned us down !!!!!

If we get Rooney I will be more positive cant see it happening

Another poster says it is not all about money Tell that to the board :confused:

Boozy was playing in the French second division
Murphy was third or fourth choice left back at Middlesborough
Shiels was a youth player at Arsenal that was miles away from the first team
Sproule was playing amateur football
Bamba was in the first playing for Dunfermline

My point is that where the players arrive from and how much it cost to get them and what they earn when they're here has bugger all to do with how they might perform for Hibs.

These players are CC's first signings and as yet we have only seen Towell who already looks like a better option at RB than anyone else we have. I'm going to give them a chance and I suggest you do the same!

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 01:00 PM
I also get the impression that you arent trying very hard to be positive.Its all opinions but mine is that our squad will prove to be more balanced after the transactions in this window.
How do you know how much wages players are/were on anyway or is it just what you imagine they are?

Absolutely, only my opinion. If any of the new signings other than maybe Palsson were on Top wages I would be surprised.

Only basing Palsson on Liverpool having paid £300,000 for him.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Boozy was playing in the French second division
Murphy was third or fourth choice left back at Middlesborough
Shiels was a youth player at Arsenal that was miles away from the first team
Sproule was playing amateur football
Bamba was in the first playing for Dunfermline

My point is that where the players arrive from and how much it cost to get them and what they earn when they're here has bugger all to do with how they might perform for Hibs.

These players are CC's first signings and as yet we have only seen Towell who already looks like a better option at RB than anyone else we have. I'm going to give them a chance and I suggest you do the same!

I definately will give them a chance, but if you want me list 50 failures of the past 10 years to balance your positvies I can.

sahib
30-01-2011, 01:05 PM

I agree with your analysis of the situation. Although Palsy and Thorny are maybe on quite a high wage due to the relative wage rates. Petrie does not appear to have released funds in any spectacular way, thus far. The man has balls of brass, to stick to financial prudence in the current circumstances.
Very interesting times. I hope we have traded wisely.

HibsMax
30-01-2011, 01:24 PM
WE can panic whenever we want. ;) The club has no reason to panic right because we've strengthened the squad. Now it's time to see how the new players do.

Also, I think it's reasonable to hope that the addition of these new players will have a positive impact on the existing players so perhaps we'll see improvements there as well. In other words don't just look to the new guys to make a difference.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Having watched 60 minutes there are positives from the new boys however the Result is the same. Imagine replacing

Dickoh with Bamba
Nish with Riordan
Miller with Zemamma

Added to the fight of the new signings we would have a chance however the board and CC have let them go. Okay Bamba wanted away but I sure we could have kept Zemamma until the summer with just a little effort. And regardless what anyone says we did NOT have to let anyone leave.

We have NO creativity in the team.

HibbyAndy
30-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Having watched 60 minutes there are positives from the new boys however the Result is the same. Imagine replacing

Dickoh with Bamba
Nish with Riordan
Miller with Zemamma

Added to the fight of the new signings we would have a chance however the board and CC have let them go. Okay Bamba wanted away but I sure we could have kept Zemamma until the summer with just a little effort. And regardless what anyone says we did NOT have to let anyone leave.

We have NO creativity in the team.

Hence why we have went 6 and a half games and over 10 hours of football without a goal

12 games without a win, Relegation material? Oh yes.

Franck Stanton
30-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Remember lads, football is a TEAM game and we need every department to be performing well, at present this isn,t happening. Today we are operating with sub-standard forwards who have zero confidence anyway. Our back four is young,inexperienced and has only been playing as a unit for wht, 2 games [counting today] If , [ and its a BIG IF] we can sign a decent c/f [ Thomson/Rooney - either or even both], and they chip in with a goal or two the whole picture changes, just hope and pray the Tache lets CC sign one/both of them as it is and has been patently obvious we need to freshen up the forward line. Dropping Dikoh and replacing with Stevens would IMO be a big improvement as well.

Dirkster23
30-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Read my post again these signings have come with a night gain to Hibs. I hope all the players do well and Towell looked okay but None are proven performers at this level. If we get Rooney as I say that may put a different spin on things.

I don't have to read your post agian. Your claiming that the managers not being backed and that's just nonsense!

Scott and Palsson made their debuts today and both looked better than the players they replaced.

Sammy7nil
30-01-2011, 04:13 PM
I don't have to read your post agian. Your claiming that the managers not being backed and that's just nonsense!

Scott and Palsson made their debuts today and both looked better than the players they replaced.

With all due respect

Hogg, Bamba, Zemamma and Stokes all gone netting well in excess of £1.5 milion

To be replaced by three 19 - 20 year olds with NO game time at this level and a Div one player who cost of £100,000 I would suggest he is not being backed.

If we had the new sigings and the 4 who have left I would say he was being backed.

HibsMax
30-01-2011, 04:16 PM
With all due respect

Hogg, Bamba, Zemamma and Stokes all gone netting well in excess of £1.5 milion

To be replaced by three 19 - 20 year olds with NO game time at this level and a Div one player who cost of £100,000 I would suggest he is not being backed.

If we had the new sigings and the 4 who have left I would say he was being backed.
He is being backed..........just not as much as you would like him to be?