PDA

View Full Version : Center forward

Fifer
29-01-2011, 11:21 PM
How bad do we need one, and who should it be.
Has anyone heard anything.
Because he has strenthened the midfield. But i think we also need more up front

IndieHibby
29-01-2011, 11:36 PM
Badly. As has been stated elsewhere, we need a target man / penalty box striker. In fact anyone who can play with back to goal. Who fits the bill?
Kyle
Sammon
Etc

Fifer
29-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Badly. As has been stated elsewhere, we need a target man / penalty box striker. In fact anyone who can play with back to goal. Who fits the bill?
Kyle
Sammon
Etc

Steven Thomson has been spoken about. I think someone like him would be ideal to bring deek into the game.

IWasThere2016
29-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Steven Thomson has been spoken about. I think someone like him would be ideal to bring deek into the game.

:agree: We need another striker - as presently the goals/contribution from Nish/Trakys/Duffy isn't good enough!

Hibeesb0unc3
30-01-2011, 12:24 AM
we need a tall centre forward who can win headers for our hoofball playing style:agree:

Expecting Rain
30-01-2011, 09:55 AM

We need one desperately, unfortunately there isn`t many about to my knowledge.
I would exchange Riordan for Thompson at Burnley, i think if Deeks isn`t re-signing for whatever reason this would be a good swap that would suit all parties.

Edinburgh Green
30-01-2011, 10:14 AM
:agree: We need another striker - as presently the goals/contribution from Nish/Trakys/Duffy isn't good enough!

You missed out riordan, he's hardly tearing it up.

stokesmessiah
30-01-2011, 10:19 AM
We need one desperately, unfortunately there isn`t many about to my knowledge.
I would exchange Riordan for Thompson at Burnley, i think if Deeks isn`t re-signing for whatever reason this would be a good swap that would suit all parties.

If you swap our one player capable of finding the net with a big target man then who is the big target man bringing into play or flicking on to or holding it up for????

Expecting Rain
30-01-2011, 10:27 AM
If you swap our one player capable of finding the net with a big target man then who is the big target man bringing into play or flicking on to or holding it up for????

Easy tiger, i`d rather Riordan stayed but for whatever reasons it doesn`t look likely, you`ll probably find that Thomson would get his fair share of goals and assists in the SPL, he would probably link up the play a lot better and add a much better balance to the team in general, others would also benefit from his presence, the likes of Duffy and Kurtis Byrne, he might also bring Galbraith, Booth and Towel into the equation, maybe even Adam Rooney!:wink:

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-01-2011, 10:35 AM
You missed out riordan, he's hardly tearing it up.<br />
<br />
Nish has shown that although he is tall enough he is far too easily pushed off the ball. He has been pilloried for it over and over a again, so it can't be a tactic to win free kicks. Trakys had one superb game, on a night when the whole team was superb. Not sure we need someone techically gifted or even prolific, if he can at least set the up for others. Vernon at Aberdeen is a good example. Not easy on the eye but effective.

Expecting Rain
30-01-2011, 10:58 AM
<br />
<br />
Nish has shown that although he is tall enough he is far too easily pushed off the ball. He has been pilloried for it over and over a again, so it can't be a tactic to win free kicks. Trakys had one superb game, on a night when the whole team was superb. Not sure we need someone techically gifted or even prolific, if he can at least set the up for others. Vernon at Aberdeen is a good example. Not easy on the eye but effective.

And may give us a threat or an option at free kicks and corners, we can`t rely on Deeks to keep popping them in from 25 yards+

snooky
30-01-2011, 11:47 AM

I've always advocated a "big man, wee man" up front - a la Gordon/O'Rourke, Toshak/Keagan.
The "big man", of course, should be strong and good in the air and the "wee man" should be very nippy.
:I'm waiti

Gettin' Auld
30-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Center Forward

Are there many of you yanks in Fife? :wink:

sesoim
30-01-2011, 02:12 PM
You missed out riordan, he's hardly tearing it up.

Put the right forward beside him and he will.

HibbyAndy
30-01-2011, 02:16 PM
To sign four players and not one a striker is criminal.

sesoim
30-01-2011, 03:38 PM
To sign four players and not one a striker is criminal.

:agree: If I heard two weeks ago we'd be signing four players, I'd have expected a target man and two CBs to be amongst them.

I'm happy we've signed midfielders, but anybody can see where our biggest problems lie. Apart from CC?