PDA

View Full Version : This Upset Anyone?

billbee
29-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Going along Junction Street this morning, a huge Rangers Aye Ready Bath Towel stuck up in a shop window! Is it petty to be upset ? and its in a hairdresser's weird! and while im at it, walking up Leith Walk, couple sports shops wi Hearts and Rangers tops in the windows WTF (No Hibs), then Celtic shops in the toon! Its Worse to see on yer home turf when were no playin well! Sorry for the moan! :confused:

sunshine1875
29-01-2011, 10:21 PM
Going along Junction Street this morning, a huge Rangers Aye Ready Bath Towel stuck up in a shop window!

Noticed that as well - thought it was odd!

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Settle petal there's nothing new in this - didn't you see the cobwebs on the towel :wink:
As for the why no hibs tops in the sports shop hibs took the decision
To sell only online or in the hibs shop cleric shop hearts shop what are the overheads on that ? Are they worth it ? The gyle hearts shop did well right enough and the one in the saint James is always rammed - NOT

sh00byd00
29-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Private properties and businesses, so they're entitled to put what they wish in their windows. Ofc you're being petty and the fact you had to ask the question leads me to believe you actually know you're being petty.

That said, i was once going through Gorgie and seen a Hibs flag nailed to the front of a pub which i thought was pretty funny. Forgot which pub it was. maybe Westfields, i dunno.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Noticed that as well - thought it was odd!

Not a new thing it's been there as long as I can recall the shops alongside did have a hibs clock and a picture of the stadium dunno if that's still the case

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Wheres Barry Took when you need him ;)

chrisski33
29-01-2011, 10:51 PM
ffs grow some balls and go into the shop and complain!

ScottB
29-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Going along Junction Street this morning, a huge Rangers Aye Ready Bath Towel stuck up in a shop window! Is it petty to be upset ? and its in a hairdresser's weird! and while im at it, walking up Leith Walk, couple sports shops wi Hearts and Rangers tops in the windows WTF (No Hibs), then Celtic shops in the toon! Its Worse to see on yer home turf when were no playin well! Sorry for the moan! :confused:

Can't say it bothers me, it's not like there's a law that there must only be Hibs fans within a 10 mile radius of Easter Road!

I do wonder why Hibs don't have any other retail outlets though, strikes me as a potential lost opportunity, when there are a number of Celtic, Rangers and Hearts shops in existence.

bighairyfaeleith
29-01-2011, 11:04 PM
I remember seeing a sign in a shop window on junction street that said something like

"Tommy's Manchester Tour - £200 for weekend trip includes B&B and guided tour":thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
29-01-2011, 11:46 PM
Can't say it bothers me, it's not like there's a law that there must only be Hibs fans within a 10 mile radius of Easter Road!

I do wonder why Hibs don't have any other retail outlets though, strikes me as a potential lost opportunity, when there are a number of Celtic, Rangers and Hearts shops in existence.
Wrongers used to have one on george ST. But did they not close their shops and hand over Rights to jjb sports (currently subject of some investigation iirc)
Dunno whether they got an offer they couldn't refuse or whether it was doing poorly I'm sure HIbs will have done the numbers. however you could argue it limits exposure although how much exposure would a hibs shop on princes street really give us? Who is the biggest tArget? Hibs fans and they cAn buy things on match day there's for those unable there's the Internet.
You could ask the question - do you want to be like hmv or iTunes? Hibs have a compromise with the solution they have.

hibby67
30-01-2011, 01:22 AM

Aye but now we have our own towell maybe we can take ritchie down to jct street and hang him in the winda and let him back for match days................:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
30-01-2011, 01:26 AM
You have to ask yourself why the towel has been there so long and not been sold.

Wait... if you don;t use soap, you don't need a towel.

iwasthere1972
30-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Private properties and businesses, so they're entitled to put what they wish in their windows. Ofc you're being petty and the fact you had to ask the question leads me to believe you actually know you're being petty.

That said, i was once going through Gorgie and seen a Hibs flag nailed to the front of a pub which i thought was pretty funny. Forgot which pub it was. maybe Westfields, i dunno.

I noticed that too. Funny thing is that on my way back I couldn't help observing that some low life barsteward had stolen the nail.

Springbank
30-01-2011, 08:03 AM
I'm going to stick up for the OP on this one. Ok,yes you're being petty (of course) but you've every right to be..you're a football fan,it's what we do! It would be different if we were the only club with this neurosis,but every club has it. There'll be arsenal towels in shops near millwall causing resentment,juve ones in naples,flamengo ones in montevideo. I salute the fan's right to be irrational. No other shop has ever provoked me (i never swear at jenners or curse harvey nicks) but i always always make a point of flicking the v at the jambo shop in st james. Shouldnt be there because the hibs end of town is the classy end. That soulless lot should stick to fountain park or the gyle.

billbee
30-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Right sorry guys petty aye must be! I understand the Hibs policy selling strips through the store thats a bid :aok: for me and I have no objection to the Hertz selling their merchandise throughout the city iether its their town as well, but im pissed of seeing f cetic and rangers gear flaunted in LEITH but again maybe half ther away support is down here too! f joke GTTF :agree:

Niffy
30-01-2011, 09:43 AM
It's not retail outlets we need , Rod should invest in a string of seedy pubs and clubs ... that's the way forward.

Hmmm sounds familiar.

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 10:47 AM
I really think the Scottish Parliament or somebody else should do something about this. Down with this sort of thing!

johnrebus
30-01-2011, 11:17 AM
I don't think the OP is being petty at all.

Why would some half wit want to display a Hun towel in the middle of Leith?

This countries football fanbase is full of religous bigots and glory hunters.

FFS just support your local team.

:flag:

snooky
30-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I really think the Scottish Parliament or somebody else should do something about this. Down with this sort of thing!

Blame RP!

:stirrer:

weecounty hibby
30-01-2011, 12:11 PM
The OP should try living in Alloa/Clackmannan. Makes your eyes bleed the amount of OF strips you see on the streets. There is a car drives about with an Ulster 1690 scarf hanging from the mirror, Union Jack seat covers and blasting out loyalist music all the time. One towel hanging from a shop would be great.

Dunbar Hibee
30-01-2011, 12:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT9xuXQjxMM

Basildon Hibs
30-01-2011, 01:18 PM
ffs grow some balls and go into the shop and complain!

You mean,grow some balls and smash the ******** window !!:wink:

essexhibee
30-01-2011, 02:15 PM
Its simple. Brick. Late at night. Know one around...

Get my drift? Im sure some glass on the floor would make sure the hairdresser would get your drift. :wink:

Biff Tannen
30-01-2011, 02:30 PM
that shops a beauticians but no been open in months...my band practice on Junction St incase you think its weird i noticed!!

What IS weird is that i was walking along Junction St before the rangers game and directly opposite the shop where i was walking Derek Adams was walking over from that particular shop wi hibs tracksuit oan and got in to his silver merc and drove away....maybe it was him that stuck it up!!!:agree:

Phil D. Rolls
30-01-2011, 02:52 PM
that shops a beauticians but no been open in months...my band practice on Junction St incase you think its weird i noticed!!

What IS weird is that i was walking along Junction St before the rangers game and directly opposite the shop where i was walking Derek Adams was walking over from that particular shop wi hibs tracksuit oan and got in to his silver merc and drove away....maybe it was him that stuck it up!!!:agree:

If our assistant manager is going to add armed robbery to his growing list of offences I really don't think he has any place at Hibs.

Hibiza
30-01-2011, 02:58 PM
aye, very upseting, best just looking away.