PDA

View Full Version : League Cup Semis

Frazerbob
29-01-2011, 03:03 PM
What a difference playing these games at the weekend makes. 3pm on a Saturday with no live TV coverage resulting in 15000 sheep and 25000 Weedgies at the game. Hopefully this will remain the norm.

I was walking to work down Union Street at 8am this morning and the streets were full of Aberdeen fans heading for the train station. Jealous.com!

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2011, 03:09 PM
What a goal by Commons.

Newhaven
29-01-2011, 03:19 PM
What a difference playing these games at the weekend makes. 3pm on a Saturday with no live TV coverage resulting in 15000 sheep and 25000 Weedgies at the game. Hopefully this will remain the norm.

I was walking to work down Union Street at 8am this morning and the streets were full of Aberdeen fans heading for the train station. Jealous.com!

Bet you now they're thinking wish I hadn't bothered

greenlex
29-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Something no right here. Is Pa Brown not the lord god almighty himself?:wink:
Early days I suppose. :greengrin

Frazerbob
29-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Bet you know they're thinking wish I hadn't bothered

Not looking forward to work tonight now. When they all arive back bevvied and pissed off, the pubs could be a nightmare.

Mikey
29-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Game over.

Has Paw Broon taken the day off? He's the best manager in the world.

Or so I read on here :wink:

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Game over.

Maybe he needs a director of football? :greengrin

Mikey
29-01-2011, 03:36 PM
The biggest problem Paw Broon has is that his Director of Football HASN'T flogged off half the team :greengrin

.Sean.
29-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Watching online and Aberdeen look woeful. Celtic in complete control and they'll score more no problem.

R'Albin
29-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Watching online and Aberdeen look woeful. Celtic in complete control and they'll score more no problem.

What website mate?

Loving this! this has shut them all up!We want 9!:thumbsup:

The Falcon
29-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Something no right here. Is Pa Brown not the lord god almighty himself?:wink:
Early days I suppose. :greengrin

Its 4 now last I checked.

Shockerooni for Paw Broon. Must have had his superpowers sapped by some weedgie bint. Young burdz are a bit like kryptonite to Pa Broon.

The Falcon
29-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Eberdeen have scored! Pa Broon now playing!

JimBHibees
29-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Game over.

Agree thought he was a tactical genius who we should have been desperate to get despite being 70 odd years old. :greengrin

Steve-O
30-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Pretty weird not even having the League Cup semis not even on TV? STILL doesn't sell out either?

This competition is nearing the end I fear.

Frazerbob
30-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Pretty weird not even having the League Cup semis not even on TV? STILL doesn't sell out either?

This competition is nearing the end I fear.

It's better that It's not on TV. A semi at 3pm on a Saturday is very rare. Decent crowd yesterday, especially from Aberdeen. Had the game been midweek there would have been 10000 less sheep there.

Steve-O
30-01-2011, 10:07 AM
It's better that It's not on TV. A semi at 3pm on a Saturday is very rare. Decent crowd yesterday, especially from Aberdeen. Had the game been midweek there would have been 10000 less sheep there.

I know what you are saying, however it's worrying that (a) it's not on TV (presumably because no channel even wanted to show it), and (b) it still didn't sell out, at 3pm on a Saturday.

20 years ago this game would've attracted a lot more than 40,000.

Frazerbob
30-01-2011, 10:17 AM
I know what you are saying, however it's worrying that (a) it's not on TV (presumably because no channel even wanted to show it), and (b) it still didn't sell out, at 3pm on a Saturday.

20 years ago this game would've attracted a lot more than 40,000.

I agree, the League Cup is dying a death but moving the semi to the weekend us a good move.

Steve-O
30-01-2011, 10:20 AM
I agree, the League Cup is dying a death but moving the semi to the weekend us a good move.

Definitely needs a revamp. For one thing, the gap between the quarters and the semis is FAR too long. I don't even remember the quarter finals and when I first seen this result on the BBC I didn't even realise it was a CIS Cup match!

Granted I am a bit detached from the whole thing but interest is obviously on the wane a bit at home too...

Frazerbob
30-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Definitely needs a revamp. For one thing, the gap between the quarters and the semis is FAR too long. I don't even remember the quarter finals and when I first seen this result on the BBC I didn't even realise it was a CIS Cup match!

Granted I am a bit detached from the whole thing but interest is obviously on the wane a bit at home too...

when we won it in 91 the final was in October. Was far better that way. A quick fire tournament played from start to finish in the first few months of the season.

Steve-O
30-01-2011, 10:27 AM
when we won it in 91 the final was in October. Was far better that way. A quick fire tournament played from start to finish in the first few months of the season.

Agreed. Not quite sure why they changed it. I guess maybe due to European games and the OF? Was preferable having it finished before xmas though IMO.