PDA

View Full Version : An Example of Scottish Football Being a Shambles

seanraff07
29-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Celtic play Aberdeen 3 times in 11 days.. they played them last Saturday, playing them today in the SC and playing them again on Tuesday... you don't normally get 3 games in 11 days never mind them all being against the same team.:bitchy:

greenlex
29-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Celtic play Aberdeen 3 times in 11 days.. they played them last Saturday, playing them today in the SC and playing them again on Tuesday... you don't normally get 3 games in 11 days never mind them all being against the same team.:bitchy:
Hardly organised though is it? Semi final is the luck of the draw and tuesday is a rearranged postponed match. :confused: You can hardly blame this run on SFA/SPL/SFL.

leithsansiro
29-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Again though, it emphasises why the 10 team league is a crap idea. This sort of thing will just happen more often.

greenlex
29-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Again though, it emphasises why the 10 team league is a crap idea. This sort of thing will just happen more often.
How exactly?:confused: I know the league fixtures will be closer together but a postponed game and a cup game are fairly random in any league structured scenario surely?

Mikey
29-01-2011, 02:58 PM
How does that make Scottish football a shambles?

leithsansiro
29-01-2011, 03:23 PM
How exactly?:confused: I know the league fixtures will be closer together but a postponed game and a cup game are fairly random in any league structured scenario surely?

Well, simple maths says that, with 10 teams in the league instead of 12, each team will have a greater chance of ending up playing another SPL side in the cup - a one in 9 chance rather than a one in 11.

Beefster
29-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Well, simple maths says that, with 10 teams in the league instead of 12, each team will have a greater chance of ending up playing another SPL side in the cup - a one in 9 chance rather than a one in 11.

The chance of playing a particular club in a particular round depends on how many teams are left in the competition. The number of SPL clubs has nothing to do with it.

greenlex
29-01-2011, 03:38 PM
No they wont there because there will be less SPL clubs in the cup to begin with so less chance of one progressing and into the next round draw and the next and so on and so on.

Danderhall Hibs
29-01-2011, 04:04 PM

The chance of playing a particular club in a particular round depends on how many teams are left in the competition. The number of SPL clubs has nothing to do with it.

No they wont there because there will be less SPL clubs in the cup to begin with so less chance of one progressing and into the next round draw and the next and so on and so on.

Sounds like it's really quite difficult maths then?! :greengrin

Spudster
29-01-2011, 04:09 PM

:faf:

CB_NO3
29-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Whats more of a farce is the Old Firm are set to play each other 6 times this season if the Huns win tomorrow. 7 times if their cup tie goes to a replay. The TV companies will be delighted.

Houchy
29-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Whats more of a farce is the Old Firm are set to play each other 6 times this season if the Huns win tomorrow. 7 times if their cup tie goes to a replay. The TV companies will be delighted.

That'll be a result i'll be sticking a wedge on. Neither team out on the night, Replay on the telly, another 52,000 fans money. It's a licence to print the stuff.:agree:

billbee
29-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Heard its an average £38 entrance now for an infirm game! is that right?

BoltonHibee
29-01-2011, 05:54 PM
in the '79 season when we played the huns in the cup final 3 times, how many times did we play them in total that season?

Houchy
29-01-2011, 05:56 PM

If that's right, thats almost £1m each from tickets alone. Even biger wedge on for me then:agree:.

Irish Al 2
29-01-2011, 06:04 PM

They're charging £40 for the Cup game. The below is lifted from the bigots website.

"Tickets are priced at £40 for Adults, £40 for Concessions and £30 for Juveniles. "

Frazerbob
29-01-2011, 06:04 PM

As will I be......another bumper day in the bar I run.

Frazerbob
29-01-2011, 06:06 PM
They're charging £40 for the Cup game. The below is lifted from the bigots website.

"Tickets are priced at £40 for Adults, £40 for Concessions and £30 for Juveniles. "

Yet no talk of a boycott due to their fans being fleeced by the clubs like when we charged them £28.

greenlex
29-01-2011, 06:11 PM

This is a much more likely scenario. The two best sides in the country play each other 4 times in the league and in theory should beat everyone else in the cup competitions so will play each other at some point in them.
Fair enough I say and if the TV companies fall over them selves because thats what they want then fair enough. It is however nonsense to blame anyone for a situation that is at the mercy of a drawn competition or two and postponement for the run of games coming together in a few weeks over two different competitions whoever is involved.

Sylar
29-01-2011, 06:17 PM

That's utterly shocking!

My fiance's parents' are season ticket holders at Ibrox and they're not going along because of the prices they're placing on the tickets.

I guess it prevents some of the knuckle draggers going, as they price them out of the game, but it's a ridiculous cost for one game of football in Scotland! Christ, you can get into top games in Germany, Italy and Spain for half of that!

Bristolhibby
29-01-2011, 06:20 PM

Can somone explain to me their whats the point of concessions being that they are the same price as adult tickets.

J

Biggie
29-01-2011, 06:53 PM
How the F can they afford that...jesus I've got a job and couldn't justify that :greengrin
An adult and two kids £100 :eek:

Steve-O
30-01-2011, 09:59 AM
30 quid for juveniles??! :faf:

Jeezo, I'd be unhappy at 30 for myself, never mind an under 16 year old.

Those prices are pish, they should just go off and make a league of 2 with each other and the clowns can charge their moronic fans 40 quid every week.

spike220
30-01-2011, 10:14 AM

How is £40 a Concession? What they mean is there are no Concessions!

jdships
30-01-2011, 10:36 AM

When will supporters realise this is "media overkill " :confused:
I certainly have no wish to watch the OF seven times on TV :greengrin