sunshine1875
29-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Staying up or going down?

Staying up for me... :agree:

:cool2:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?202923-Who-will-be-relegated-this-season

mr mojo risin
29-01-2011, 08:30 AM
I think the next 4/5 games are crucial if we can get a couple of wins, gain some confidence we will be ok.

Diclonius
29-01-2011, 08:39 AM
We NEED to pick up points in the next month, but if we do, it should be plain sailing from there. :pray:

Hibs07p
29-01-2011, 08:56 AM
:soapbox:
Staying up for me, and knocking on the door for the top six. We all asked for an overhaul of the squad, that is now in progress, imposters being replaced with grafters, who may be able to play a bit. We have complained about a weak midfield for the 12 - 18 months or so, that is now being addressed, CC sees that as the weak link, defence continue to be put under pressure by a non existent midfield that fails to collect knock downs from the defence or make chances for our forwards. Big Nishy struggles as a target man and it continues to puzzle me why the refs always find reason to penalise him when he is not an aggressive physical type player. I wish he could hold up the ball without being pushed on his arse, and he rarely gets a free kick for it, if he stays :tin hat:, I hope he becomes more aggressive, with better support from the midfield. I would prefer a Deeks & Duffy combination, playing off each other. I think CC is addressing the most important part of the team, midfield.

Sprouleflyer
29-01-2011, 09:01 AM
I will abstain until early March.

February is a big month for Hibs, home games against St Mirren, Killie and ICT and an away game against St Mirren will do much to shape our future for this season.

Then in early March we are away to Hamilton.

hibiedude
29-01-2011, 12:50 PM
As poor as we are I can't see us going down...... in fact a decent run should see us in the top 6 AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKS....... I haven't been drinking :greengrin

Hibercelona
29-01-2011, 12:56 PM
My optimistic side tells me that we will avoid the drop. My realistic side tells me that we won't.

I remember back in 98 when people kept saying "it isn't going to happen".... "Too big to go down".... etc. I personally think we are worse now than then if i'm being honest

I don't see where our next point/s are going to come from as I don't think we're good enough to beat anybody at the moment. And that includes the hamiltons and st mirrens.

So i'm sorry to sound doom and gloom, but its how i'm honestly feeling right now.

BoltonHibee
29-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Little chance of staying up, unless there are further signings in the next few days. Mobile striker that can score,or striker to play with DR and a goalkeeper.

Currently the worst Hibs side I have ever witnessed, including the early 80's

Dunbar Hibee
29-01-2011, 01:07 PM
I honestly can't see us staying up. Im usually optimistic too.

basehibby
29-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Having just read of our chairman's short sighted capitulation to the balance books in allowing our most creative player leave for 200K I find it very hard to be optimistic - relegation.

Dirkster23
29-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Having just read of our chairman's short sighted capitulation to the balance books in allowing our most creative player leave for 200K I find it very hard to be optimistic - relegation.

I must of missed it, where did Calderwood say it was RP's decision to sell Zemmama?

hibiedude
29-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I must of missed it, where did Calderwood say it was RP's decision to sell Zemmama?

No Transfer is allowed unless RP gives approval or are you saying it was Calderwood decision to sell Zemmama.

Sir David Gray
29-01-2011, 03:02 PM
I would like to think that we'll have just enough about us to stay above Hamilton but, given that they are only three points behind us and have two games in hand, I wouldn't be putting a bet on that.

People really need to get the thought of a top six place out of their heads, though. There is no danger that we'll be anywhere near a top six place this season, our sole aim this year is to try and finish 11th and, at the very most, perhaps 10th.

It's sad and totally unacceptable that it's come to this but anything higher than that would be verging on fantasy land, considering where we are at the moment.

hibiedude
29-01-2011, 03:08 PM
I would like to think that we'll have just enough about us to stay above Hamilton but, given that they are only three points behind us and have two games in hand, I wouldn't be putting a bet on that.

People really need to get the thought of a top six place out of their heads, though. There is no danger that we'll be anywhere near a top six place this season, our sole aim this year is to try and finish 11th and, at the very most, perhaps 10th.

It's sad and totally unacceptable that it's come to this but anything higher than that would be verging on fantasy land, considering where we are at the moment.

But not impossible

Woody1985
29-01-2011, 03:14 PM
No Transfer is allowed unless RP gives approval or are you saying it was Calderwood decision to sell Zemmama.

Maybe he wants him out so he can build his own squad. Maybe he's looked at his injury record and decided he needs players who can play more often. Maybe he's consulted other managers on him, looked at videos etc and made his own mind up. Maybe the player wants to go and earn a higher salary.

I don't want to see him go but blaming it all on RP without having a clue about what's actually happened is stupid.

I never voted because there's no point until we see the other signings.

Mikey
29-01-2011, 03:14 PM

The manager has the final say when it comes to players leaving so it was indeed CC's decision. Some people are trying hard to pin the blame on Petrie (particularly for some of the poor signings) but the manager has the final say.

There are plenty recent examples to back that up. Boozy and Brown spring to mind immediately.

Sir David Gray
29-01-2011, 03:20 PM
But not impossible

It's not impossible for Hearts to win the league title but after their defeat at Parkhead, I would urge their fans to get thoughts of winning the league out of their heads and concentrate on getting 3rd.

We won't finish in the top six this year, if I was a gambler I would put money on that.

RickyS
29-01-2011, 03:25 PM
My optimistic side tells me that we will avoid the drop. My realistic side tells me that we won't.

I remember back in 98 when people kept saying "it isn't going to happen".... "Too big to go down".... etc. I personally think we are worse now than then if i'm being honest

I don't see where our next point/s are going to come from as I don't think we're good enough to beat anybody at the moment. And that includes the hamiltons and st mirrens.

So i'm sorry to sound doom and gloom, but its how i'm honestly feeling right now.

Little chance of staying up, unless there are further signings in the next few days. Mobile striker that can score,or striker to play with DR and a goalkeeper.

Currently the worst Hibs side I have ever witnessed, including the early 80's

exactly how im feeling, without seeing the new guys the current imposters have made us the worst side in the spl. im away to lay down in a dark room

hibiedude
29-01-2011, 03:37 PM
The manager has the final say when it comes to players leaving so it was indeed CC's decision. Some people are trying hard to pin the blame on Petrie (particularly for some of the poor signings) but the manager has the final say.

There are plenty recent examples to back that up. Boozy and Brown spring to mind immediately.

The books have to balance before anybody leaves so does that not put the ball in Petrie court.

As for blaming Petrie for everything that has gone wrong at the club over the last few seasons are you saying it all down to the poor successive managers we have had over the last few seasons.... because if it is who brought them to the club

Asset stripping of the best players and poor managers being brought to the club and a wage structure that stops the club from moving forward all down to RP.

The wage structure we have at present only attract a certain type of player hence the mess we find ourselves in....would you agree :rolleyes:

greenlex
29-01-2011, 03:58 PM
The books have to balance before anybody leaves so does that not put the ball in Petrie court.

As for blaming Petrie for everything that has gone wrong at the club over the last few seasons are you saying it all down to the poor successive managers we have had over the last few seasons.... because if it is who brought them to the club

Asset stripping of the best players and poor managers being brought to the club and a wage structure that stops the club from moving forward all down to RP.

The wage structure we have at present only attract a certain type of player hence the mess we find ourselves in....would you agree :rolleyes:
Do not agree with that. Our wage structure is better than most yet most have over the last three years attracted better player. If we have to blame someone for that who should we blame?
Transfers are either endorsed or not by the manager. If it was solely down to Petrie, Fletcher would be playing for Celtic and Scott Brown would not have a CIS Cup winners medal. How do explain that? :rolleyes:

SmokieJoe
29-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Now that we have competetors in midfieild this should hopefully be the difference.

Just a thought, Garry O and Deeks in the same team? i wonder if thats why Garry O is playing hard to get?:dunno:

NORTHERNHIBBY
29-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Stay up...just. Don't think it will all be down to us though and we will be looking over shoulders. Would take 11th if offered now. Then the board would need to show ambition to try and sell season tickets and Calderwood would have used up all his get out of jail cards.

Dirkster23
29-01-2011, 04:08 PM

Yes, that exactly what i'm saying. Once it was clear Zemmama had agreed a pre-contract with Boro, i'm sure CC would suggest we sell him now and get a transfer fee.

Are you trying to suggest RP's selling players the manager wants to keep?

hibiedude
29-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Yes, that exactly what i'm saying. Once it was clear Zemmama had agreed a pre-contract with Boro, i'm sure CC would suggest we sell him now and get a transfer fee.

Are you trying to suggest RP's selling players the manager wants to keep?

Please tell me what players does Calderwood what to keep...... his 15-16 games in charge has he played the same players in back to back games :confused:

you'll be telling me next he hasn't worked out who the duds are.... ask any fan and he'll give you a list

DH1875
29-01-2011, 04:27 PM
If we find someone who can score the goals then stay up. If not it could be close.

Sir David Gray
29-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Now that we have competetors in midfieild this should hopefully be the difference.

Just a thought, Garry O and Deeks in the same team? i wonder if thats why Garry O is playing hard to get?:dunno:

O'Connor's signed for Barnsley on a 6 month deal.

He couldn't play for us this season anyway as he's already played for Birmingham and Barnsley this season.

Dirkster23
29-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Please tell me what players does Calderwood what to keep...... his 15-16 games in charge has he played the same players in back to back games :confused:

you'll be telling me next he hasn't worked out who the duds are.... ask any fan and he'll give you a list

You'd need to ask Colin Calderwood that, not me.

You seem to be getting away from your original point. Despite what you'd like to think, Colin Calderwood decided it was best to sell Zemmama now, not Rod Petrie :agree:

The Falcon
29-01-2011, 04:44 PM

The wage structure is what we can afford and as for the rest, utter bollocks.

Sprouleflyer
02-03-2011, 06:30 AM
I will abstain until early March.

February is a big month for Hibs, home games against St Mirren, Killie and ICT and an away game against St Mirren will do much to shape our future for this season.

Then in early March we are away to Hamilton.

Big month indeed......I have now just voted......I think we are staying up!!!!!:thumbsup:

hibiedude
02-03-2011, 08:01 AM
We are 16 points clear of Hamilton and they won't win 16 points from the remaining games left this season so its easy to say we will be staying up.

R'Albin
02-03-2011, 08:05 AM
I voted staying up a few month ago, I was right to keep the faith :thumbsup:

As the above poster said we will not go down even if we were to lose every game as I can not see Hamilton bring able to get 16 points between now and the end of the season

Dashing Bob S
02-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Didn't vote earlier cause I couldn't be bothered but would have voted going down.

Haven't voted now because I still can't be bothered but would vote staying up.

So:

1. I was wrong about CC.
2. I'm lazy.
3. I'm honest (relatively).

MB62
02-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Delighted to say I have blown my £10 bet on us going down.
Honestly didn't think the board would back C.C. to the extent they have, well done the board on doing so.

aberhibsfc
02-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Up or down in terms of Division, for me yes.

Up or down in terms of top / bottom six, some of the teams above have some games in hand, also Aberdeen and St Johnston. However we have the momentum. Losing Stack whom has signalled an upsurge in results is a potential blow. The other GK's whould be as good but haven't delivered as much. Smith has to prove himself again, Brown has to hope he can overcome any personal issues and fight his way back in and then there's Divis an unknown quantity, well in the fans eyes anyway.

We have the upwward momentum though we have been playing the teams around us. I am not sure who the others have been playing and dropping points against. If we can come through our final games against the better placed opposition then it's game on. Now I'm not saying we have better players but the mood and confidence have changed of late and whilst we might not win all games I think we are more likely to give a better account of ourselves and the opposition will now there in for a battle this time.

Top 6, let's aim for it and would be fantastic. I'd still be happy if we placed well in bottom and continued to see progress. When survival is mathematically assured, I'd like CC & RP to sort through the players are nail down contracts for those they want to keep. If there are any, I'd rather get the business nailed down now rather than lose those we want. I'd also like a look at Vaz Te and if possible before seasons end get him and Pallson on better length contracts.

Sas_The_Hibby
02-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Didn't vote earlier cause I couldn't be bothered but would have voted going down.

Haven't voted now because I still can't be bothered but would vote staying up.

So:

1. I was wrong about CC.
2. I'm lazy.
3. I'm honest (relatively).

4. You're always good value, even when you're talking b****x! :wink::greengrin