PDA

View Full Version : NHC Suarez to Liverpool / Torres offski?

Craig_in_Prague
28-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Fee of 23M.

:thumbsup:

SteveHFC
28-01-2011, 08:19 PM

Cocaine&Caviar
28-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Will allow Gerrard to drop back into midfield, and in turn get more involved with the play which can only be beneficial for them. Assuming Torres stays.

scott7_0(Prague)
28-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Fee of 23M.

So that makes way for Torres to move, pity, would have like to see him play against Sparta next month.

Craig_in_Prague
28-01-2011, 08:25 PM
So that makes way for Torres to move, pity, would have like to see him play against Sparta next month.

Not so sure they'll sell Torres though, I hope not anyway

greenlex
28-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Must have been the cash Petrie has stumped up that clinched the deal. :greengrin

Craig_in_Prague
28-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Must have been the cash Petrie has stumped up that clinched the deal. :greengrin

:faf:

Yep, now the market will really gather pace!
Domino effect indeed.

Sound signing though for the hibees today, and also Liverpool.

Part/Time Supporter
28-01-2011, 08:32 PM

Ajax will get a surprise when Liverpool part pay them with the five badly worn Clydesdale tenners Rod gave them earlier in the day.

Winston Ingram
28-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Amazing how they were bidding £13m a couple of days ago and all of a sudden it's £23m. Wonder where they got the cash from:cool2:

Torres:bye:

stokesmessiah
28-01-2011, 09:08 PM
I am pretty sure that Torres is offski to Chelsea now.

McKenzie
28-01-2011, 09:08 PM
Great signing assuming Torres stays, can't see it though

West Upper
28-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Great signing assuming Torres stays, can't see it though

I think Torres will stay. :agree:

hibbysam
28-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Torres has now told Liverpool he wants out.. Not a formal transfer request but says he wants an agreement to come between the two clubs:greengrin

Was only ever a matter of time tbh.

jacomo
28-01-2011, 10:55 PM
We're back..Add Adams and a couple more ..I can feel the buzz :thumbsup:

Why are there so many Liverpool fans on this forum?:confused:

sambajustice
28-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Torres handed in a transfer request I'm hearing...

Sir David Gray
28-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Brilliant!

If Torres stays and plays alongside Suarez, they might even achieve a top half finish this season. :thumbsup:

What a fantastic achievement that would be for a side that was very close to the relegation spots a couple of weeks ago. :greengrin

HibbyAndy
28-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Brilliant!

If Torres stays and plays alongside Suarez, they might even achieve a top half finish this season. :thumbsup:

What a fantastic achievement that would be for a side that was very close to the relegation spots a couple of weeks ago. :greengrin

Federer :tee hee:

H18sry
28-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Torres handed in a transfer request I'm hearing...
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/lfc-reject-torres-transfer-request
Liverpool FC have confirmed that Fernando Torres has on Friday evening submitted a transfer request. The request has been rejected.

The Club said in a statement: "Fernando Torres tonight submitted a written transfer request, which has been rejected by Liverpool.

"Fernando is under long-term contract and the Club expect him to honour the commitment he made to Liverpool FC and its supporters when he signed the agreement."

ScottB
28-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Liverpool FC have confirmed that Fernando Torres has on Friday evening submitted a transfer request. The request has been rejected.

The Club said in a statement: "Fernando Torres tonight submitted a written transfer request, which has been rejected by Liverpool.

"Fernando is under long-term contract and the Club expect him to honour the commitment he made to Liverpool FC and its supporters when he signed the agreement."

He's off then. Can't seriously see them keeping him there against his will, rejecting it is probably nothing more than trying to squeeze more cash out of Chelsea and saving face with their own fans.

Pete
28-01-2011, 11:50 PM

Apparently there is a £50million pound buy-out clause in his contract.

If Chelsea offer that then it is up to the player.

If I was in charge of Liverpool I would take the 50 million now and wait for Kun Agueros contract to run down.

Wotherspiniesta
29-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Sneaky wee bid from Fergie? :greengrin

Pete
29-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Sneaky wee bid from Fergie? :greengrin

Torres has been in England long enough to know there are some lines you don't cross.

He's off to Chelsea or Man City if he's going anywhere.

H18sry
29-01-2011, 08:28 AM
He's off then. Can't seriously see them keeping him there against his will, rejecting it is probably nothing more than trying to squeeze more cash out of Chelsea and saving face with their own fans.

yup just like shrek when he put his transfer request in just to get a bigger contract :rolleyes:

Kaiser1962
29-01-2011, 09:30 AM
yup just like shrek when he put his transfer request in just to get a bigger contract :rolleyes:

Its a bit up a level or two from us but the principal remains the same. It will be interesting to see if, or for how long, Liverpool now hold on to Torres. Admittedly they are in a better position than us to match wages paid elsewhere but, as I said, the principal is basically the same.

Wotherspiniesta
29-01-2011, 12:30 PM

Man United can not only offer Rooney more money, but can offer him the possibility of challenging for a treble.

What can Liverpool offer?

"Well, Fernando, stay with us and you could win the FA Cu....., Well we might at least win the League Cu....., Well I'm pretty sure we have a good chance winning the Lea....." ........*door shutting*:taxi

Hibee Daz
29-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Man United can not only offer Rooney more money, but can offer him the possibility of challenging for a treble.

"Well, Fernando, stay with us and you could win the FA Cu....., Well we might at least win the League Cu....., Well I'm pretty sure we have a good chance winning the Lea....." ........*door shutting*:taxi

Europa League.

:taxi For you smarty.:na na:

Wotherspiniesta
29-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Europa League.

And you think there's a possibility of them winning that? :na na::greengrin

H18sry
29-01-2011, 12:53 PM

Is that the same Liverpool who finished 2nd 2 seasons ago and have been in 2 champions league finals winning 1 of them in the last 6 years?

Just because we are going through a crap period at the moment does not mean we wont be back, we have a new owner who has just shown with the signing of Suarez that they have money available for the right players.

Tynie01011973
29-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Europa League.

:faf::faf::faf:

You think Torres joined Liverpool to win a Europa League ???

He could have stayed at Athletico - who btw HAVE actually won it since he left :na na: