PDA

View Full Version : If Hogg and Zemmama are gone..

Diclonius
28-01-2011, 02:27 PM
..AND if we stay up - who should be our new #4 and #7?

I'd possibly give Hanlon 4 (or 5) and Wotherspoon can have 7 - or possibly Stevenson, if he establishes himself when he returns from injury.

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 02:31 PM
I'd be worried if we give Stevenson another contract never mind squad number 7...

J-C
28-01-2011, 02:37 PM
I'd be worried if we give Stevenson another contract never mind squad number 7...

Ye that's right, lets get rid of players who at least give 100% when on the pitch....he may not be the most talented player at our club but prior to his broken toe he looked like one of the few who cared enough to give his all on the pitch.

happiehibbie
28-01-2011, 02:42 PM
LOL its a funny old game I cannot belive that lewis Stevenson has a number because you try does not make you a footballer. Hanlon Number 4 good young lad still never a Pat Stanton

Lewis should be shown the door not big enough not good enough

Hibee87
28-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Ye that's right, lets get rid of players who at least give 100% when on the pitch....he may not be the most talented player at our club but prior to his broken toe he looked like one of the few who cared enough to give his all on the pitch.

He might care about hibs but he isint going to change a game for us is he? i dont get the whole but he tries hard so lets keep him thing. stevenson had a lot of early promise but has not lived up to this, its unfortunate as i liek to see youngsters come through and do well but i think we need to look at the more gifted players who will also try. stevenson to me is a ok squad player to have but never a first team regular

Judas Iscariot
28-01-2011, 02:43 PM

Aye, but he's just not very good..

I'd try, give 100% and defo would care, can I get a game then?

proud_and_green
28-01-2011, 02:45 PM
He might care about hibs but he isint going to change a game for us is he? i dont get the whole but he tries hard so lets keep him thing. stevenson had a lot of early promise but has not lived up to this, its unfortunate as i liek to see youngsters come through and do well but i think we need to look at the more gifted players who will also try. stevenson to me is a ok squad player to have but never a first team regular

What about the opopsite criticism which is levelled at the majority of Hibs players - didn't lift a leg, seemed not to care, barely crossed the line, no effort....etc etc.

If we had the equivalent effort from all our players as Lewis puts in - we would not be in the situation we find ourselves in.

Hibee87
28-01-2011, 02:57 PM
What about the opopsite criticism which is levelled at the majority of Hibs players - didn't lift a leg, seemed not to care, barely crossed the line, no effort....etc etc.

If we had the equivalent effort from all our players as Lewis puts in - we would not be in the situation we find ourselves in.

exactly which is why i have said that we shoudl be looking at players who are gifted and will put the effort in :wink:

jonny
28-01-2011, 03:30 PM

:agree:
A good guy to have on the bench to bring on to help see out a game because he'll run, chase and harass opponents.
Wouldn't have him as a regular starter.

happiehibbie
28-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Yes gifted players P me off as well but Lewis is not a gifted player we are talking about lewis Stevenson oh come on

unfortunitly we have too many duds brought in by the last three managers supported by Mr P

we need to avoid relegation a must get to the summer and rebuild from the back we cannot and no team could repalce 15 players at one time but we are going to have to

we need to speak to liam miller derek riordan and ask them if there future is with us and hopefully move forward

aberhibsfc
28-01-2011, 03:42 PM
If Hogg and Zemmama are gone I'd be disappointed. More so with Zemmama as he is a talented player and I think he is due some commitment to Hibs given all the support we have provided him e.g playing abroad, wife's visa and injury time.

I don't run with the Hogg negative press. He obviously has had a difficult time and probably needs to resurrect his career. He came here as a good young player and whatever you might think, dig out any of the good Celtic or Rangers games results we have had in the past 3 - 4 years you'll find Hogg slap bang in the middle of our defence. I agree he probably needs a fresh start.

If these players have left, then I'd hope we would have seen more activity in the transfer market.

And we better have one hell of a list of players signing up in the summer because the boot room shelves will be very bare.

I just never get the feeling that the board are keen to improve the football team, they always seem eager to pick up sales fees though.

nortonhibby
28-01-2011, 08:02 PM

we must trust in CCs judgement there is no other option now:confused: