PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon

Monts
27-01-2011, 10:40 PM
How refreshing it was to see a player not colapse and roll about on the ground during the Jalovic incident.

Wonder if Lafferty was watching....

Removed
27-01-2011, 11:00 PM
How refreshing it was to see a player not colapse and roll about on the ground during the Jalovic incident.

:agree: yet he gets a booking for it

Huns have no shame though imo

Saorsa
27-01-2011, 11:01 PM

Wonder if Lafferty was watching....:agree:

Unfortunately it was equally unrefreshing tae see another hun stay on the park after deliberately elbowing a Hibs player in the face.

hun ****

3pm
27-01-2011, 11:18 PM
The lad is beginning to develop into a really good player.

Sammy7nil
27-01-2011, 11:21 PM

it was yet he was booked !!! SPL should be looking at incidents and making the correct decisions after the game

Hun Red Card
Hanlon hailed for his sporting behaviour

Perspective
27-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Was concerned in the past a lack of aggression might hold him back (like I think it has with Christophe Berra) so was pleased to see the fight in him.

He's about the only bright spot I can think of just now.

matty_f
27-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Just as refreshing as seeing Hanlon staying on the feet, was seeing him having the good sense to not react, McCormack-esque, by landing one on the Hun. A very mature display from Hanlon.

He's going to be a great player.:agree:

The Hun remains a dirty, soap-dodging b*****d though, and the ref remains a bottle-merchant.

Barney McGrew
27-01-2011, 11:25 PM
The Hun remains a dirty, soap-dodging b*****d though, and the ref remains a bottle-merchant.

The linesman also deserves credit for doing nothing about it :cool2:

woody47
27-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Definately one of our better players at ER. Considering how young he is, the confidence in his own ability is nice to see. Hopefully we can get a more experienced centre back to help him improve even more.
As for his reaction to the thug in blue, I applause him. Firstly as he was elbowed then almost head butted but didn't rise to the bate. Why got booked was pathetic but considering the erse with the whistle had a blue top under his own was no surprise.

3pm
27-01-2011, 11:27 PM
The linesman also deserves credit for doing nothing about it :cool2:

As I have said on another thread, I walked out after that. How I could see it 70 yards away...

Albion Hibs
27-01-2011, 11:33 PM
The lad is beginning to develop into a really good player.

I would agree with that. At the start of the season I thought he was a bit too prone to making costly mistakes, however his game seems to have come on a lot recently, he appears to be focusing more on the basics or clearing the ball / basic defending - perhaps a positive influence of CC. The only problem he has is playing alongside the bombscare that is Dickoh!

matty_f
27-01-2011, 11:34 PM
I would agree with that. At the start of the season I thought he was a bit too prone to making costly mistakes, however his game seems to have come on a lot recently, he appears to be focusing more on the basics or clearing the ball / basic defending - perhaps a positive influence of CC. The only problem he has is playing alongside the bombscare that is Dickoh!

How can you call a Hibs player a bombscare! Vile!! :na na:

Albion Hibs
27-01-2011, 11:36 PM
How can you call a Hibs player a bombscare! Vile!! :na na:

Silence.

matty_f
27-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Silence.

:lips seal

Diclonius
27-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Anyone reckon he should be made captain, if Hogg's away?

3pm
27-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Anyone reckon he should be made captain, if Hogg's away?

Too soon in my view mate. I'd just let him play.

Albion Hibs
27-01-2011, 11:47 PM
:lips seal

Good girl!

matty_f
27-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Good girl!

:aok:

superfurryhibby
28-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Hanlon has potential but he needs to start fulfilling it now not later.

I would like to see him developing a bit more of his inner animal. He is not the most imposing presence and I would like to see more controlled aggression from him. My advice to him would be , get a skinheid and get on the bloody weights and put on a few pounds on the upper body. I cannae really see many big SPL forwards quaking in their boots when they play directly against him.

blackpoolhibs
29-01-2011, 10:21 AM

If we are talking about bombscares, lets go the whole hogg and get Murray back at centre half, he could get us relegated staying in the team, especially if he's pushed back into the back 4. CC has searched for a place in the team for him, i suggest Airdrie or Morton would be the best team for Ian.

Albion Hibs
29-01-2011, 01:23 PM
If we are talking about bombscares, lets go the whole hogg and get Murray back at centre half, he could get us relegated staying in the team, especially if he's pushed back into the back 4. CC has searched for a place in the team for him, i suggest Airdrie or Morton would be the best team for Ian.

This was a thread about Hanlon, not one you will like as it is generally positive, therefore not down your street or something you have the ability to do when it comes to hibs.

If you want to have a shot at Hogg I think you will find that there is a thread on him. In addition, the one you hopelessly started about Murray the other day when wathcing another game from your house / the internet is still on here somewhere.

As I have said before our recent managers all rate Murray have him in the team every week - that is a reflection of the fact they understand football and of course that you know NOTHING.

You have been snubbed by Murray before I am sure of it.Take his picture off the dart board, the vodoo doll out from underneath your hearts duvet and pillow set and get over it!