PDA

View Full Version : Leaving after 35 mins

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Went to a different seat with a mate last night, and there was a very angry bloke who left after the second goal with his missus/girlfriend/sister/female companion. Its the earliest I've ever seen anyone leave a game that I can recall. Just wondering if it was anyone on here?

Up towards the top of the East, about halfway down the slope.

Emerald
27-01-2011, 07:23 PM
I went to the loo straight after the second goal went in and folk were streaming out of the east. There was someone down at the south end of the concourse loosing it big time though!

wazoo1875
27-01-2011, 08:28 PM
In all honesty can anyone blame these folks for leaving, some peeps have just had enough, i've been going pretty much religiously for the best part of 30 years now, been a season ticket holder for years and i just said **** it and sat in the hoose last night with a couple of beers. I did feel awfy guilty about 10 minutes before KO but i still managed to sleep ok last night.

iwasthere1972
27-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Went to a different seat with a mate last night, and there was a very angry bloke who left after the second goal with his missus/girlfriend/sister/female companion. Its the earliest I've ever seen anyone leave a game that I can recall. Just wondering if it was anyone on here?

I saw someone sneak out at half-time in the East and he didn't even look guilty. I suppose we all have different pain thresholds and his was at the limit. Can't understand it myself but that's folk for you.

I stayed until the bitter end. :aok:

Signed
Uberfan.

greenlex
27-01-2011, 08:36 PM
I suppose they made the effort to go in the first place.

Mikey
27-01-2011, 08:49 PM

That sounds close to where I was. If it was the same guy I'm glad he left. He was a torn faced git.

Woody70x2
27-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Stayed for some of the second half, but there was a wee bit in me that was wishing for a third goal to signal the departure - had enough on 75 minutes. Dire times.

hibeedonald
27-01-2011, 09:11 PM
always stay to the end just in case i miss something, it happened once so never again

TrinityHibby
27-01-2011, 09:20 PM
:rolleyes:Season ticket holder in Upper West and for the first time ever I left a Hibs game at half time. Simply could not see us scoring with the team on the park! Incidentally I have only missed one home game since last March (Killie in Oct). Checked the stats and realised I have only seen one home win in 10 months. Given the fare being served these days I think Hibs should count themselves lucky anyone is still going!!!!

Have decided since it is my birthday on Wed I will give the St Mirren game a wide berth and instead invoke a Media blackout until the following day to avoid depressing myself further.

Twa Cairpets
27-01-2011, 09:43 PM
That sounds close to where I was. If it was the same guy I'm glad he left. He was a torn faced git.

He wasnt a jolly bunny for sure - sitting right at the end of a row. I suspect he would not count himself amongst the happy clappers.

Not making any judgement by the way and dont want to open that particular can of worls again, but cant understand why you would leave any game early - you might miss a great goal, a great sending off, something else bizarre. You just never know. And if you make the effort to get there, it seems just a bit daft to bugger off after half an hour.

The only game I really, truly couldnt stay at was the Hearts semi final, and even then because I'd parked for some stupid reason at the Hearts end and really, really didnt want to walk through a wall of yamfuddery.

nortonhibby
27-01-2011, 09:47 PM

i admire him for goimg:rolleyes:

TrinityHibby
27-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Hibs demise is genuinely starting to make me feel ill. I love the club dearly but can't see much passion coming the other way! The thing that saddens me most is that we are even worse today than we were at the same time last year.

I totally accept leaving early is not great but the team needs to give something back first and soon.

Baldy Foghorn
27-01-2011, 10:02 PM
He wasnt a jolly bunny for sure - sitting right at the end of a row. I suspect he would not count himself amongst the happy clappers.

Not making any judgement by the way and dont want to open that particular can of worls again, but cant understand why you would leave any game early - you might miss a great goal, a great sending off, something else bizarre. You just never know. And if you make the effort to get there, it seems just a bit daft to bugger off after half an hour.

The only game I really, truly couldnt stay at was the Hearts semi final, and even then because I'd parked for some stupid reason at the Hearts end and really, really didnt want to walk through a wall of yamfuddery.

:agree::agree::agree:

Can understand people leaving if wanting to beat traffic etc, but to leave after 35 mins is a bit strange......Each to their own I suppose....

Hibbyradge
27-01-2011, 10:03 PM
I saw someone sneak out at half-time in the East and he didn't even look guilty.

Can you sneak without guilt?

Hibbyradge
27-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Glory hunters.

Fat Stu
27-01-2011, 10:48 PM
might of been my old fella and mum, they left around that time. Forced themselves to go as they had season tickets and got fed up, don't blame them.

Killiehibbie
27-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Some folk go thinking it'll be better than last week but with that shower I don't think it's getting better any time soon. I remember being out of ER before ht against Dundee one day either 3 or 4 down.

Future17
27-01-2011, 11:53 PM

If it was just one person who fits that description then he was probably a Hun. :greengrin

Removed
27-01-2011, 11:59 PM
If it was just one person who fits that description then he was probably a Hun. :greengrin

Or a Hibby from Dundee :agree:

There are some that do travel down regularly.

RIP
28-01-2011, 12:19 AM
I don't blame anyone for leaving early. When you've solied your trousers it's not hygenic to stick around!

NGH
28-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Nothing too new in this behaviour. I remember arriving late at Easter Rd back in the early 80's and meeting folk coming the other way who had walked out when Hibs went 0-3 down to Dundee mid-way through the 1st half. I've never left a game early since an East of Scotland Shield final at Tynecastle (older readers may recall the match).

blackpoolhibs
28-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Nothing too new in this behaviour. I remember arriving late at Easter Rd back in the early 80's and meeting folk coming the other way who had walked out when Hibs went 0-3 down to Dundee mid-way through the 1st half. I've never left a game early since an East of Scotland Shield final at Tynecastle (older readers may recall the match).

Did we not draw that game 3-3?

wazoo1875
28-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Did we not draw that game 3-3?

Think we got beat 4-0. Remember leaving a game against Dundee about 86 at ht. They humped us

hibby07
28-01-2011, 03:51 AM

Sure this was the same game that made me swear i would never leave before the final whistle 2-0 down with a couple of minutes to go left and Jumped on a bus to the Grass Market. Went to the Fiddler Arms for a few pints and was absolutely gutted when a couple of hibbys came in later and told us hibs had won on penalties. Think it was very early 80s

hibbybrian
28-01-2011, 04:19 AM
Sure this was the same game that made me swear i would never leave before the final whistle 2-0 down with a couple of minutes to go left and Jumped on a bus to the Grass Market. Went to the Fiddler Arms for a few pints and was absolutely gutted when a couple of hibbys came in later and told us hibs had won on penalties. Think it was very early 80s

August 1980 - Willie Gibson scored 2 for Hearts and Brian Rice and Gordon Rae scored - Hibs won on penalties :thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
28-01-2011, 05:30 AM
Only time I recall leaving early was a game away against Partick. My brain tells me we were losing 5-0 at half time but damned if I know if it was true or I dreamt it. Four Crown had a lot to answer for in the 70s.

Toaods
28-01-2011, 07:31 AM
I spotted a couple sneaking into the West Lower just after halftime.

pacorosssco
28-01-2011, 07:45 AM
I left really earlier once cant remember but around about 20 mins. Had a stinking hangover and we were playing LIVI . The twat with the drum was boring his drum beat deeper and deeper into my skull . It was the Blobby era and I cant even remember what the score was . Poss 0-0. It was painful to watch and unusually it was painful to hear. Left and went back to pub. Two mates done the same.

On another note . Hibs were two up against Falkirk early first half. Keen to top up from the night before me and a mate decided we'd watch Hibs score another then go to the pub safe in the knowledge of 3 points. Ended up staying to end to see Hibs beat 3-2 . Only Hibs are capable of doing this to you

Hainan Hibs
28-01-2011, 07:48 AM
I think they should be given credit just for turning up.

Steve-O
28-01-2011, 10:08 AM
Have never left before half time but a few times I've departed at about the 50 minute mark.

Off the top of my head -

Hibs 1-4 Dunfermline - in the Blobby days, was 1-4 when I left, missed nothing.

Celtic 6-0 Hibs - left when number 4 went in

Hearts 4-1 Hibs - left at 4-0, missed an O'Connor consolation

NGH
28-01-2011, 11:33 AM
August 1980 - Willie Gibson scored 2 for Hearts and Brian Rice and Gordon Rae scored - Hibs won on penalties :thumbsup:

That's the game. We left at about 80mins having seen Gibson score 2 for them and Hibs showing no sign of getting back in the game. Just after turning onto Gorgie Rd there was a roar... filthy Jambo's getting a third we assumed. Went to a pub up Bruntsfield way to meet some friends with no interest in football, sta in a huff moaned about the game and the result. Get the paper the next day and discover the true result. I've never left early since despite the many times it would have spared so much agony if I had.

heretoday
28-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Stay till the bitter end. Don't flounce out in a huff.

At least he didn't stay and boo the team.

sambajustice
28-01-2011, 01:57 PM
The season we got relegated, I saw folk leave after about 9 minutes in the new year derby at Tiny!!

(Thats not this season btw)

cabbageandribs1875
28-01-2011, 02:48 PM
Only time I recall leaving early was a game away against Partick. My brain tells me we were losing 5-0 at half time but damned if I know if it was true or I dreamt it. Four Crown had a lot to answer for in the 70s.

according to soccerbase they beat us 6-1 season 79/80, but we have beaten them several times 5-1 and a 7-0 and a 10-2 just to balance things up a bit :greengrin

Joe Baker II
28-01-2011, 04:39 PM

Remember Hearts game in 1996-97 at end of Miller era , many left they scored 3 first half goals, I Ithink ealrier than 35 minutes. Some were attacked by other Hibs fans when they threw scarfs on pitch before leaving I recall in East Stand!

I have quite often left early and not claiming any superiority but I was one of about 20 Hibs fans left at Ibrox at full time in the 7-0 game (and we had about 2,000 there I think).

Phil D. Rolls
28-01-2011, 05:50 PM

I haven't left early since a game at the PBS when we were two down and Joe McBride scored twice to get us a point.

I used to have real issue with early leavers, but I can't blame them now. At least they've got the courage to go in the first place, I just can't bear the thought of going to ER at the moment.

It's got a kind of crazy post apocalypse feel about it at the moment, with people wandering around talking to themselves.

Fair play to anyone who goes, either things must be grim at home, or you are true supporters. :not worth

Steve-O
29-01-2011, 12:41 AM
Remember Hearts game in 1996-97 at end of Miller era , many left they scored 3 first half goals, I Ithink ealrier than 35 minutes. Some were attacked by other Hibs fans when they threw scarfs on pitch before leaving I recall in East Stand!

I have quite often left early and not claiming any superiority but I was one of about 20 Hibs fans left at Ibrox at full time in the 7-0 game (and we had about 2,000 there I think).

That was Miller's last game at Hibs IIRC. Was pish :agree:

I left Ibrox at 4-0 as well...wasn't even out the door yet when the 5th went in! Seems being 4 down is what does it for me looking at my other post! :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
29-01-2011, 05:49 AM
according to soccerbase they beat us 6-1 season 79/80, but we have beaten them several times 5-1 and a 7-0 and a 10-2 just to balance things up a bit :greengrin

That could be the one. I remember the aftermath when I got back to Stirling and nearly fighting with someone but couldn't remember if I was married at the time or not. Got married in 79 so maybe that is why. :greengrin

Keith_M
29-01-2011, 09:29 AM

Not Row FF, mid 70's seat number, by any chance?

susieq
29-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Just bout choked on my hot chocolate reading this thread!
Defo my hubby and I!!!
Gawd he was in a grumpy mood that night, does my head in with his shouting! (bark worse than his bite).
Jump Nish! Was used one or twice, ran a wee bit down the steps at another point!
Stu you were right!
Don't have to defend us leaving early, but, just live up the road, just have a feeling of late that we don't even look like scoring, just dissapointed, hurting, wanted out the stadium.
As already posted would rather leave early than stay and boo!

Oh and as for missing anything, we were back in the house before the second half kicked off, (TV).

Hibercelona
29-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Stayed for the 90+ minutes.

My mind left after 5 minutes though....