PDA

View Full Version : Striker

Kevin@green
27-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Just reading CC coments in the evening news, still no mention of a new striker however we have enough midfielders for about 6 teams.

:confused:

JimBHibees
27-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Just reading CC coments in the evening news, still no mention of a new striker however we have enough midfielders for about 6 teams.

I am assuming we will get Thompson and maybe the young guy Airey on loan from the Toon who unfortunately injured his hamstring so will depend how bad that is.

Craigyno1
27-01-2011, 04:20 PM

Must have been reading Craig Levien's book on coaching... 5-5-0! No need for strikers then!

MSK
27-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Just reading CC coments in the evening news, still no mention of a new striker however we have enough midfielders for about 6 teams.:confused:We wont for long though ..Miller pos away along with Mcbride & Zemamma (if the boro thing is to be believed)..more out of contract in the summer..not sure about Rankin & Stevenson but i would expect them to be away in the summer too ..

BigKev
27-01-2011, 04:36 PM
If we don't get Thomson I wouldn't mind us going for Shefki Kuqi who was released by Swansea. Big bustling striker and within our wage budget - plenty experience and can still knock them in.

Kevin@green
27-01-2011, 04:47 PM
If we don't get Thomson I wouldn't mind us going for Shefki Kuqi who was released by Swansea. Big bustling striker and within our wage budget - plenty experience and can still knock them in.

Saw him in a hotel in Birmingham a couple of weeks ago, he is ***** huge :agree:

sixtwo
27-01-2011, 04:50 PM
he was asked about signing a striker last night. he said no, the goals will come from the guys in there (nodded towards the dressingroom). With deeks and zouma heading for the exit, who does he think will score the goals?

Kevin@green
27-01-2011, 04:58 PM
he was asked about signing a striker last night. he said no, the goals will come from the guys in there (nodded towards the dressingroom). With deeks and zouma heading for the exit, who does he think will score the goals?

If thats the case then i dont see us scoring another goal in my life time :rolleyes:

Houchy
27-01-2011, 05:13 PM

If this is correct (and I'm not doubting you btw) Petrie needs to step in and say "Son, we've no' scored this year and to quote alan sugar... You're fired.:agree:"

Stevie Reid
27-01-2011, 05:21 PM

:agree: Suggested hm in a thread earlier

HibsMax
27-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Do we need a striker?

Now before I get my head bitten off, allow me to explain.

Is the reason we're not scoring goals:
1. because our current strikers are fluffing chance after chance after chance?
2. because our current strikers are not getting the service they need?

I think each potential issue requires a different solution. It doesn't seem fair to replace strikers when they're not been given the opportunities. It doesn't matter how clinical you are at finishing if the ball never gets to your feet.

Kevster81
27-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Do we need a striker?

Now before I get my head bitten off, allow me to explain.

Is the reason we're not scoring goals:
1. because our current strikers are fluffing chance after chance after chance?
2. because our current strikers are not getting the service they need?

I think each potential issue requires a different solution. It doesn't seem fair to replace strikers when they're not been given the opportunities. It doesn't matter how clinical you are at finishing if the ball never gets to your feet.

I agree mate deek has no one to giving him any help we have the worse midfield in Scotland miller rankin g.t.f

Sunny1875
27-01-2011, 07:18 PM

And CC gave all of these contracts ? No the ones already there are apparently not up to the task so CC has looked seen who he can get to cover the area's of the park that he has identified as vital. I'm Sure he's sorry he has not yet covered all that needs done but when you need a full rebuild it cant be done in one window.

Gala Foxes
27-01-2011, 07:39 PM

Don't confuse the two Q's : quantity and quality

We have maybe got quantity but there is a total lack of quality amongst the various wage stealing imposters signed from Falkirk, ICT & wherever we got the ex Celtic/Man U/QPR/Leeds one from

heretoday
27-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Andy Kirk from Dunfermline.

He's only 31 and he's scored goals everywhere he's been.

Gala Foxes
27-01-2011, 07:51 PM
Andy Kirk from Dunfermline.

He's only 31 and he's scored goals everywhere he's been.

scored the opening goal in the 6-2 game, cant remember him achieving much else in a "glittering" career

Bostonhibby
27-01-2011, 08:10 PM

:confused: A wee lucky deflection off the door and into the net?

Bostonhibby
27-01-2011, 08:11 PM
scored the opening goal in the 6-2 game, cant remember him achieving much else in a "glittering" career

Couple at Boston Utd 3 or 4 seasons ago but looked a bit slow then!

TrinityHibby
27-01-2011, 09:30 PM
It would be totally outrageous if Hibs did not sign a proven striker this window. Without deeks no-one else has scored more than 3 goals and Nish couldn't strike a match. Without a new goal threat we ae down IMHO.

HibbyAndy
28-01-2011, 11:47 PM
It would be totally outrageous if Hibs did not sign a proven striker this window. Without deeks no-one else has scored more than 3 goals and Nish couldn't strike a match. Without a new goal threat we ae down IMHO.

:agree:

Absolutely staggered some people on here think a striker is not a necessity.

Diclonius
28-01-2011, 11:49 PM
Strikers cost money.

stevenhibs
28-01-2011, 11:53 PM
:agree:

Absolutely staggered some people on here think a striker is not a necessity.

Yup... Definitely!

Bristol Rovers are looking to cash in on Will Hoskins. Quality player for around £500,000 but all wishful thinking though.

Big Shef or Thomo will do well but I can't see either happening tbh.

chrisski33
28-01-2011, 11:55 PM
torres wants to leave liverpool so perhaps hes the answer to our striking problem! :wink:

calder45a
29-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Strikers cost money.

Hibernian need to spend money on a striker.Or we will end up in the first division with a big loss in revenue having to spend more to get up.I'll be disillusioned if CC dosen't bring one in this transfer window.